Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 14, 2019 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They gave Fat Gum a chance to shine :D

Kirishima's Red Riot Unbreakable is still pretty dope. Pretty thrilling episode imo. Glad they gave these two more chances to shine, in particular Fat Gum. Kinda interesting we got to see evne more of Kirishima's past time at school again. He's not messing around this episode!
Dec 14, 2019 1:01 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I took a long break from the anime, but I've been waiting so damn long for this part to get adapted, I was worried they wouldn't do these scenes justice but not bad where it really counts.

Masuda's really did a great job on his line reads. Very strained and underlying anxiety in comparison to his slightly older more confident persona.

The directing in the first half is still as flat as I remember, man this arc gets dragged down by too much expositing. But they put their love in the places where it counted for Kirishima and though the scenes were on point from the manga the manga still looks much more dynamic and impactful. Not disappointed but being real here Umakoshi and Sakura I miss you.

MY GIRL MINAAAAAAAA!!!! The sakura petal scene didn't have the dynamic lighting I wanted but it looked shoujo as heck and that's all that mattered. I loved it.

Also also also

Dec 14, 2019 1:18 AM
May 2016
Honestly I'm kinda pissed off. Why the fuck are they making a SECOND movie and allocating a ton of their talented staff to put their focus on that fucking project when it'll end up just as mediocre and useless as the first movie? Like seriously, had they put their team to work together on this project (Which should have taken much more fucking precedence over the movie, why did we need a second movie in the middle of season 4 god Bones W H Y) this episode could've been a direct improvement over the manga. More creative directing, better art (especially in terms of backgrounds), better actual animation to make certain bits feel more impactful, the only thing this episode delivered on completely was the brilliant voice acting and the consistently good character arc. But this just felt like a slightly better episode than the preceding ones, this one should've been one of THE stand-out episodes of this fucking season!

I wanted them to go all-out this episode in terms of direction and especially in terms of art and animation. I might have perhaps been setting myself up for disappointment, but this series of chapters were amazing in the manga, the fight especially was LOADED with emotion and a ton of impact that made me adore this fight the most and made it feel like one of the best in the series up until that point. I mean, I appreciate the great art and animation in some parts of this ep and the OST choice at the end, but... Man this felt underwhelming, I can't put my finger specifically on why, but it felt underwhelming compared to the absolutely FANTASTIC reveal of Red Riot Unbreakable. The censoring had a noticeably bad effect this time too, in the manga Kirishima was fucking coated in blood after taking on Rappa's barrage, there's barely any at all in the anime. What a letdown. I'm seriously hoping the next few eps will be utterly fantastic to make up for this because this was my favorite part of the arc aside from the next major fight.
ModernoirDec 14, 2019 1:25 AM
Dec 14, 2019 1:34 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Modernoir said:
Honestly I'm kinda pissed off. Why the fuck are they making a SECOND movie and allocating a ton of their talented staff to put their focus on that fucking project when it'll end up just as mediocre and useless as the first movie? Like seriously, had they put their team to work together on this project (Which should have taken much more fucking precedence over the movie, why did we need a second movie in the middle of season 4 god Bones W H Y) this episode could've been a direct improvement over the manga. More creative directing, better art (especially in terms of backgrounds), better actual animation to make certain bits feel more impactful, the only thing this episode delivered on completely was the brilliant voice acting and the consistently good character arc. But this just felt like a slightly better episode than the preceding ones, this one should've been one of THE stand-out episodes of this fucking season!

I wanted them to go all-out this episode in terms of direction and especially in terms of art and animation. I might have perhaps been setting myself up for disappointment, but this series of chapters were amazing in the manga, the fight especially was LOADED with emotion and a ton of impact that made me adore this fight the most and made it feel like one of the best in the series up until that point. I mean, I appreciate the great art and animation in some parts of this ep and the OST choice at the end, but... Man this felt underwhelming, I can't put my finger specifically on why, but it felt underwhelming compared to the absolutely FANTASTIC reveal of Red Riot Unbreakable. The censoring had a noticeably bad effect this time too, in the manga Kirishima was fucking coated in blood after taking on Rappa's barrage, there's barely any at all in the anime. What a letdown. I'm seriously hoping the next few eps will be utterly fantastic to make up for this because this was my favorite part of the arc aside from the next major fight.

You know what. I totally agree with you. And I was screaming this through the damn roof last season.

But A) Money. B) At least Horikoshi actually worked on this second movie a lot and it'll be canon to the manga. C) The manga is always going to just look better aside from a few key episodes and moments. D) Umakoshi fucked off to work on Doremi so half the quality went out the window.
Dec 14, 2019 1:39 AM
May 2016
Stripes said:
Modernoir said:

You know what. I totally agree with you. And I was screaming this through the damn roof last season.

But A) Money. B) At least Horikoshi actually worked on this second movie a lot and it'll be canon to the manga. C) The manga is always going to just look better aside from a few key episodes and moments. D) Umakoshi fucked off to work on Doremi so half the quality went out the window.

Say what you want about the last season but even if they didn't deliver on overall animation consistency, they got the hype moments RIGHT. Deku's 1,000,000% moment was fantastically done and had such fucking great direction and OST to go with it. All For One vs All Might could've been better overall but it was paced perfectly, the art was so good, the OST was on a whole other level and the United States of Smash moment is genuinely one of the best scenes in the entire series. And lastly Deku vs Bakugou was all-round a fantastic adaptation in terms of OST, art and especially some incredible animation.

Here I can't honestly think of any stand-out moments where there should've been some, aside from Red Riot Unbreakable which was delivered perfectly imo. I had incredibly high hopes for this episode because it's one of the first times in ages that a character other than Deku goes through immense development and has a stand-out moment. I honestly understand that Hori's working on the 2nd movie but I still think it's a stupid decision, if it meant them portraying or even fixing up the manga better they should've given this season their undivided attention to make it as great as possible. Like man just compare the impact of Fatgum's Spear destroying the barrier in the manga to the anime, they dropped the ball on what should've been an elecrtifyingly good episode.

I'm a massive fans of Bones, MP100 S2 is a top contender for AOTY in my book, but man I feel like they fucked up this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vikPO-GgNBM Like holy shit, this looks fantastic, but did we NEED this? Why couldn't they have kept the team whole instead of putting some of their best to work on the movie when the source material matters way fucking more? It's such a stupid decision when this is a part of the manga that divided so many people, had they put all their work into this season this arc might have been 5x better than it was in the manga.
Dec 14, 2019 2:07 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Modernoir said:
Stripes said:

Say what you want about the last season but even if they didn't deliver on overall animation consistency, they got the hype moments RIGHT. Deku's 1,000,000% moment was fantastically done and had such fucking great direction and OST to go with it. All For One vs All Might could've been better overall but it was paced perfectly, the art was so good, the OST was on a whole other level and the United States of Smash moment is genuinely one of the best scenes in the entire series. And lastly Deku vs Bakugou was all-round a fantastic adaptation in terms of OST, art and especially some incredible animation.

Here I can't honestly think of any stand-out moments where there should've been some, aside from Red Riot Unbreakable which was delivered perfectly imo. I had incredibly high hopes for this episode because it's one of the first times in ages that a character other than Deku goes through immense development and has a stand-out moment. I honestly understand that Hori's working on the 2nd movie but I still think it's a stupid decision, if it meant them portraying or even fixing up the manga better they should've given this season their undivided attention to make it as great as possible. Like man just compare the impact of Fatgum's Spear destroying the barrier in the manga to the anime, they dropped the ball on what should've been an elecrtifyingly good episode.

I'm a massive fans of Bones, MP100 S2 is a top contender for AOTY in my book, but man I feel like they fucked up this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vikPO-GgNBM Like holy shit, this looks fantastic, but did we NEED this? Why couldn't they have kept the team whole instead of putting some of their best to work on the movie when the source material matters way fucking more? It's such a stupid decision when this is a part of the manga that divided so many people, had they put all their work into this season this arc might have been 5x better than it was in the manga.

Like I said, I totally agree. I mean S3 was one of my favorite parts in the manga. And yes lots of scenes shined and KvsD2 was so well made that I watched the episode more then a handful of time (looks even better on the bluray). It had more love built into it. But the directing was not there a majority of the time. Especially in the second half aside from a few scenes (can only remember Inasa and Todoroki specifically during licence exam).

I actually thought they'd do S4 quite well because it's so action focused but aside from final climaxes; it seems like a roll of the dice.

From what I get at is that BNHA is good franchise fodder but not just from the television season, it makes more money from literally every source other then the anime. Which sucks but the reality unfortunately. And with delayed schedule I was more sure it'd look better. But nah.

I'd say the All Might and Deku as well as the Aizawa and Deku scenes were top tier. Sakura did work on both of those and she knows how to direct her scenes to an impeccable degree.

Personally I get super nitpicky even in those first two seasons so I've gotten very manga elitist but I can't help it when Horikoshi loses sleep over his work.
Dec 14, 2019 2:27 AM

Feb 2011
Kinda weird to see people pissy about the quality of this season, honestly as an anime only I have not noticed any dip in quality production nor story wise, it's pretty much what you would expect from a BNHA season.

With that out of the way, I wish turning from a fatass into a chad was so simple IRL
Dec 14, 2019 2:35 AM
Aug 2017
After the somewhat disappointing adaptation of the suneater fight I was really scared that this fight would be underwhelming too. But studio did justice to kirishima and the ep was amazing. I just hope mirio gets the same treatment.
Dec 14, 2019 2:39 AM

Jan 2017
Loved the episode's story, Kirishima is one of my favorite characters so I'm happy he got the backstory and focus, but I wish it looked a bit better. I think the fight moments were meant to look the way S3E4 looked, but for some reason I thought it was on a lower level, don't know if there wasn't as much money in this season or the staff changed/has less time, but the dip in animation quality for sure is there.
Dec 14, 2019 2:53 AM

Dec 2008
Best episode of this season until now!!!! DAT OST!!!!
ChrnoToddDec 14, 2019 2:57 AM
Dec 14, 2019 3:05 AM

Jan 2009
Kirishima X Ashido ship is gonna happen in the end

so Kirishima is fearful after all eh, the fear response of freeze, fight or flight, he just compensate with fighting spirit

Fat Gum's quirk is fucking awesome it can switch to both high powered defense or offense

Dec 14, 2019 3:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This episode was so great, Eijiro's development was really decent, he looks like a young Erasedhead with his dark hair lol.
Fat Gum and Mina were great too !
Dec 14, 2019 3:21 AM

Oct 2015
Damn, that was really fantastic in every way possible. I'm feeling Gum right now, this was a massive development on both of the characters. Kinda makes BNHA one of the best written shounen series with the pacing, the epic music, development and action scenes, all of them were present in this episode.

The Red's backstory was actually nice, Mina and him make one fine shipment! Hope in future they develop their relationship further.

It's about time I read the manga.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 14, 2019 3:30 AM
Jan 2017
this fight reminds me of chouji vs jirobo, not only for the fat gum but for the flashback about having the courage to protect.
Dec 14, 2019 3:43 AM

Nov 2015
Lirony said:
this fight reminds me of chouji vs jirobo,

Horikoshi likes to rip off Naruto a lot. Even with his flash backs that motivate the good guys to win.

Modernoir said:

You already dropped the manga and gave it a 4. So I guess it was never good.
Old_School_AkiraDec 14, 2019 3:53 AM
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 14, 2019 4:00 AM
May 2016
Old_School_Akira said:
Lirony said:

Horikoshi likes to rip off Naruto a lot. Even with his flash backs that motivate the good guys to win.

Modernoir said:

I appreciated the manga a ton until the Joint Training Arc, then Hori made the most incompetent decision he's ever done for the manga and killed most of the reasons why I enjoyed it to begin with. Everything until then was actually very good in my eyes.
Dec 14, 2019 4:04 AM

Oct 2019
I'm so proud of my beautiful boy Kirishima for beating his past self who was insecure about his strength and his quirk.

Also, I don't remember fat gum getting so sexy in the manga it was a nice surprise
Dec 14, 2019 4:15 AM
Jun 2017
Kirishima and fat joe fight is great... and fat joe become Thin Joe. Hahaha... anyways nice back story for kirishima in this one...

Ans this is the reason why i am watching BNHa --- FIGHTS, FIGHTS AND FIGHTS. YEAH
Dec 14, 2019 4:32 AM
Apr 2016
What was the first kanji on Kirishima's headband? When it said "Certain Victory"?
Re:formed
Dec 14, 2019 4:38 AM

Oct 2017
Oh boy this was just great, Kirishima is getting more screentime. His backstory was nice and the fight was great.
Dec 14, 2019 4:40 AM
May 2017
The springer hero agency

Quirk; Spring like limbs
Ill just leave that here
Dec 14, 2019 4:49 AM
May 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfWwiufVNA&t=163s

I also recommend this.
I thought the music just fitted better idk
Dec 14, 2019 4:50 AM
Nov 2017
FATGUMMMM RED RIOTTTTT
Dec 14, 2019 4:51 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Modernoir said:
Old_School_Akira said:

I appreciated the manga a ton until the Joint Training Arc, then Hori made the most incompetent decision he's ever done for the manga and killed most of the reasons why I enjoyed it to begin with. Everything until then was actually very good in my eyes.

Why continue watch a series to a manga you give up on later?

Hatsuyuki said:
Kinda weird to see people pissy about the quality of this season, honestly as an anime only I have not noticed any dip in quality production nor story wise, it's pretty much what you would expect from a BNHA season.

With that out of the way, I wish turning from a fatass into a chad was so simple IRL

Kinda seem like a guy who likes average anime. You sure you can even distinctly assess good directing with bad. Aside from a bit of note worthy staff that really boosted the quality of this series like the animation director. Then yeah, the quality is going to drop through the floor.
Dec 14, 2019 4:51 AM
May 2017
Modernoir said:

here you gp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfWwiufVNA&t=163s
Dec 14, 2019 4:52 AM
May 2017
Stripes said:
Modernoir said:

Hatsuyuki said:

Kinda seem like a guy who likes average anime. You sure you can even distinctly assess good directing with bad. Aside from a bit of note worthy staff that really boosted the quality of this series like the animation director. Then yeah, the quality is going to drop through the floor.
oi oi fix that spoiler quick
Dec 14, 2019 4:58 AM

Aug 2017
Modernoir said:
Old_School_Akira said:

Truth be told if that's what it took to kill your enjoyment then you probably never liked it that much.

I've seen worse & that wasn't it.

Old_School_Akira said:
Lirony said:

Wait but that's not ripping off Naruto. Ignoring that this fight isn't anything like Choji vs Jirobo, flashbacks in the middle of a fight is a general shonen thing, Naruto doesn't own that.
SlimcoderDec 14, 2019 5:05 AM
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 14, 2019 5:10 AM

Aug 2018
How fortunate the climax saves it all because overwise it would have been pretty boring and useless.

This ep is completely redundant writing, Deku's writing but Kirishima's writing as well, you're telling me he achieved to surpass the fear of ALL FOR ONE AND THE TOP OF THE VILLAIN ALLIANCE during season 3 while we saw it was the pinnacle of terror itself, All for One made them saw their FUCKING DEATHS but right now he's too scared to face 2 randoms secondary ennemies ? How much of a hack is Horikoshi on this one seriously.

Don't take it wrong, I love Kirishima over anyone of the supporting cast but here this complete cheesy drama and pseudo romance was ridiculous and even pathetic.
It also feels like it was a single chapter extended for a 20 minutes ep with a lot of pacing issues but I'm probably wrong.

Fit Gum is badass, hope he stays like this for the next couple of eps because he's hooooot.
Dec 14, 2019 5:13 AM

Sep 2017
Correct episode, but it felt too much like a Fairy Tail friendship powerup at the last moment in order to defeat the villain, and it was quite dragged (honestly, this fight lasted for a whole episode ??) with some "average" animation sometimes, except at the end of course
Dec 14, 2019 5:14 AM

Feb 2011
Stripes said:
Modernoir said:

Hatsuyuki said:

Yeah I can, you should probably stop attacking people left and right in this thread, you seem to be the only one that's so affected by this season. I never once stated I was crazy about BNHA, it's your average shounen really, it's that show they expect you to binge on a sunday night on the couch. I didn't read the source material because I prefer to avoid reading long running shounens if possible so I cannot make a comparison on how well directed this season is compared to the manga. You think it doesn't hold up ? Cool. But I said that as an anime only viewer I didn't notice any dip in quality so far, I pretty much got what I expected from BNHA. Stop acting like a child, although that might be too much to ask given that most of BNHA's audience (or at least the ones that get so affected over slight changes in staff to the point of becoming offensive) is comprised of children.

Also the few people that I follow on twitter and have read the manga have only had words of praise on the direction and how it enhances the source material, how staff goes out of its way to add panels that are not even present in the manga, so I really cannot see where you're coming from.
HatsuyukiDec 14, 2019 5:18 AM
Dec 14, 2019 5:24 AM

Aug 2017
James-LastOmnic said:
How fortunate the climax saves it all because overwise it would have been pretty boring and useless.

This ep is completely redundant writing, Deku's writing but Kirishima's writing as well, you're telling me he achieved to surpass the fear of ALL FOR ONE AND THE TOP OF THE VILLAIN ALLIANCE during season 3 while we saw it was the pinnacle of terror itself, All for One made them saw their FUCKING DEATHS but right now he's too scared to face 2 randoms secondary ennemies ? How much of a hack is Horikoshi on this one seriously.

Don't take it wrong, I love Kirishima over anyone of the supporting cast but here this complete cheesy drama and pseudo romance was ridiculous and even pathetic.
It also feels like it was a single chapter extended for a 20 minutes ep with a lot of pacing issues but I'm probably wrong.

Fit Gum is badass, hope he stays like this for the next couple of eps because he's hooooot.

Well they were about to actually kill him this time as he received a brutal beat-down so some fear is fairly justified.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Dec 14, 2019 5:26 AM

Nov 2016
I totally forgot how the slimmed down Fat was looking like :D

Another great episode, Kirishima and Fat killed it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 14, 2019 5:30 AM
Sep 2015
Oh! now I see why people begin to ship Kirishima with Fat Gum. Bakugou has romance rival now!
Dec 14, 2019 5:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty cool episode! Red Riot with the comeback and Fat Gum with the win, a pretty cool shield-and-spear combo in the end there too! Got to say, Fat Gum's quirk is bloody useful though. I'm sure there's a limit for him however, otherwise it wouldn't possibly make sense as to why he isn't among the top 5 Heroes or so I reckon.

Anyway, that was some backstory. Sort of felt like I've seen aplenty of these already but I'm never sick of them if they're done rightly and this is another one of those cases. Appreciated that little throwback to Deku charging in to save Bakugou, I nearly forgot about that totally.

Didn't have a clue Mina and Kirishima were previously acquainted though, that was a pretty nice surprise nonetheless. Bloody curious on how what she said to those bullies to lead to that, lmfao. Sweet little moment between the two before entering U.A. High School by the way, I hope to see more interactions between the two in the future episodes.

I'm a little surprised these two villains didn't go for a boost though, they better run away if they value their lives. Interesting little drop on the yakuza family by the way, definitely curious to know more about them and how Chisaki has ascended to the boss.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 14, 2019 5:33 AM

Jun 2013
Some people are complaining and questioning why another movie is being made in the middle of season 4? Why, money of course. Money talks. They're definitely going to make a lot of money from the movie when it's released.

Anyways, it was nice to see Kirishima's background story but if I'm not mistaken the preview for his background story was shown like three or four episodes ago but it was only shown now. Kind of weird tbh.

Also, nice to see Fat Gum show his daddy form lol I remember staring at the page when I read the manga.
臭い-
Dec 14, 2019 5:42 AM

May 2015
That was.... good? Which is the inherent problem with this season in general. Some inspirational bits of direction shine through occasionally, but everything so far has generally felt a bit too cut and dry. This episode by all means could've been great but I can't say there was a substantial improvement in this adaptation. 4/5

Dec 14, 2019 6:03 AM

Aug 2013
Red Riot Kirishima was great. I was also surprised that Kirishima and Mina knew each other before. Pretty nice.

Fat Gum was also great. That punch of his.

Dec 14, 2019 6:28 AM
May 2017
So Kirishima and Ashido went to same middle school. Interesting.

Dec 14, 2019 6:33 AM

Oct 2018
It was a great episode for sure. although last week many were saying this episode was gonna be such an insane one, but it wasn't really that insane. Maybe only the last like 1 minute.
-Aincrad-Dec 14, 2019 7:00 AM
Dec 14, 2019 6:47 AM

Nov 2015
JustOppais said:
Oof. That Movie really did a number on this season lol, at this point just read the manga. btw i think this is where the budget went. https://twitter.com/i/status/1205812175526408192

Then where did season 1’s budget go in 2016? 🙄

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Dec 14, 2019 6:55 AM
Dec 2015
Woah, Fat Gum is a Chad!
Dec 14, 2019 7:09 AM

Feb 2014
This might be just me, but both Gum in his normal fat form and in his slim form, along with his blonde hair, I swear he reminds me of Bob from Tekken. All he needs is a bit of a beard and comparison would be nearly perfect.

Anyway, this episode was another thrill ride. You could feel the frustration coming from Kirishima, being unable to be of much use when his quirk so overwhelmed so easily my the enemy. The fact that Gum absorb so many punches must've made Kirishima's guilt even more overwhelming.

His back story does a good job in showing what he was before and what inspired him to be what he is now. He also went to the same middle as Mina and she was courageous and awesome back then, too. =D

After the flashback was done, Kirishima got back into the action like a proper badass and his last second intervention was enough for Gum, in his slim form, to use his full power punch to finish off the enemy duo easily. The whole fight was intense and the animation for the attacks was really good. Not brilliant, sure, but seeing some criticisms of the animation for this episode makes me think other users here are setting their standards a little too high.
Dec 14, 2019 7:13 AM

Dec 2016
Oh my! Fat Gum got handsome and strong when he got thin *-* the final blow he did to the villains made me surprised!

Kirishima was feeling powerless, but I'm glad his will to fight returned before Fat Gum gets worse and collapses.

Very great episode! :D Also, great flashback! It was nice to see what happened before Kirishima and Mina got to the same school before being at U.A Academi :) Coincidence, huh? ;)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 14, 2019 7:17 AM

May 2014
Holy shit, Fat Gum was awesome.
Dec 14, 2019 7:18 AM
May 2014
something feels off, doesn't feels as hype as the ones in manga lol
Dec 14, 2019 7:22 AM
Nov 2019
Modernoir said:

For me the only bad thing is the censorship they did.

Also they are creating another movie because of extra $, they are milking BNHA just like Pokémon, the first movie is not bad imo, it is even the best anime movie of this year!
Buy Bitcoins and others cryptos(like Monero), the great crisis is coming!
Also don't forget, taxation is theft!
Dec 14, 2019 7:35 AM

Mar 2018
-Aincrad- said:
It was a great episode for sure. although last week many were saying this episode was gonna be such an insane one, but it wasn't really that insane. Maybe only the last like 1 minute.

That was exactly how I felt when I read the manga. People were hyping Kirishima soooo much, and quite frankly when you see the cover of vol. 16, and already love him since the Bakugo rescue, you can't help but being excited.

But the fight is dull, I KNOW that MHA's fight were never impressive action-wise, because the story-telling could actually make-up for it. But here, besides Kirishima's backstory, there's very little to keep from this fight.

And that was also the biggest problem with the backstory : the pacing. In the manga, the backstory happens between Fatgum revealing his spear after Kirishma jumped in to protect him, and him landing the final blow.

Meaning that when Kiri protected Fatgum, we, as readers, had NO IDEA why it was that meaningful for him.

That why I'm SO FUCKING GLAD the anime corrected it, now I at least consider it a cool fight, the visuals were very very good, pretty different from the manga but just as efficient.

Edit : Also yeah, the movie looks great but I couldn't care less about it. I can't help but being upset by what this season could have looked like without it.
Florent3571Dec 15, 2019 3:22 PM
Dec 14, 2019 7:38 AM

Aug 2015
This episode was way better than the last one, but as I expected, this arc will follow the One Piece/Fairy Tail trope. Basically each one of the important members of the cast seems to have a fight against an average dude and then the protagonists are going for the big dogs. I honestly hate that shit, specially if the secondaries are fighting dudes with literally no names.

Besides that, Kirishima remembering his life, standing up and putting everything again in less than one minute (otherwise he can use unbreakable for more than that, invalidating what he said 4 episodes ago). Still the moment was cool because I think Kirishima was cool, but maybe a little bit less of a flashback and more of action would have been better.

I know MHA battles does not last long, but this season specially they have been lackluster on the emotional side (which is why the previous ones usually worked) so yeah, I hope Mirio or Deku have some pretty amazing moments, because so far this feels like a 6/10 for me.
Dec 14, 2019 7:39 AM

Apr 2015
Fat Gum's quirk is interesting, I like how it's the ultimate defence yet also a great quirk for attacking.

Great episode! Kirishima managed to get enough courage again to stand up to those villains. Love how Kirishima and Mina know each other since middle school.
Dec 14, 2019 8:03 AM

Mar 2017
Fuck yeah, Kiri! Man, i love this arc a lot because Kiri finally gets the recognition he deserves and he is just so amazing! That when his skin cracked a fell away from his arm made me winces... that shit must have hurt!

I like Kiri's natural hair; it makes his eyes stand out haha

Fat Gum was super cool this ep too; i totally forgot that he can store power from the hits he receives!
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

475 by LaZy_as_Neko »»
Sep 25, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

231 by Sir_Zech137 »»
Sep 19, 5:29 PM

» Rock Lock and the stereotypical black voice (dub)

todoxbami - Sep 22, 2021

14 by TamarahTalksTV »»
Sep 16, 1:04 PM

» In the name of science, why is there a lot of Bakugou x Uraraka shippers? ( 1 2 )

Gazz - Apr 6, 2019

68 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:25 PM

» Toogata, Mirio not getting One for All

Dragevard - Jun 1, 2021

17 by SarahxLevi »»
Sep 14, 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.