Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 3, 2018 3:43 PM

Dec 2017
stone616 said:
I've watched all the episodes and honestly I can't really tell where she stands on her supposed step sister's lust for her. Her kissing her sister seems completely out of character for her.

you what? all of the episodes? you mean 5/12 that aired so far?
Feb 3, 2018 3:48 PM

Oct 2017
This ep was pretty good, but I was a little creeped out at the end. Mei's dad comes in and is all happy and silly, but as soon as he saw Mei he got that creepy look on his face and I did not like it.
Feb 3, 2018 3:50 PM
Dec 2013
uninstallthegame said:
stone616 said:
I've watched all the episodes and honestly I can't really tell where she stands on her supposed step sister's lust for her. Her kissing her sister seems completely out of character for her.

Yeah all the episodes so far there's been 5. To this point outside the random kisses she's shown no romantic interest in Yuzu. The show is mostly just Yuzu obsessing over Mei somewhat hot and cold treatment of her riding that treatment up and down.

We're 42% done with the series and this remains the case.
Feb 3, 2018 3:56 PM

Dec 2017
stone616 said:
uninstallthegame said:

Yeah all the episodes so far there's been 5. To this point outside the random kisses she's shown no romantic interest in Yuzu. The show is mostly just Yuzu obsessing over Mei somewhat hot and cold treatment of her riding that treatment up and down.

you know what? i can agree with you on this one, it goes 1 by 1 with manga without skipping details and it's just too much build up for 12 episodes,

but i predict that the ending will fall either on a positive note, or on a cliffhanger, which will suck ass, because i don't think this will get a season 2 any time soon
Feb 3, 2018 4:03 PM

May 2015
Probably the best episode so far. Holy damn, Mei's lips were beautifully animated for a second during the crêpe scene, though.

And looks like Mei's dad made his appearance! Although, the way he looked at her was unusual for sure, lmao.

Feb 3, 2018 4:51 PM
Dec 2013
uninstallthegame said:
stone616 said:

you know what? i can agree with you on this one, it goes 1 by 1 with manga without skipping details and it's just too much build up for 12 episodes,

but i predict that the ending will fall either on a positive note, or on a cliffhanger, which will suck ass, because i don't think this will get a season 2 any time soon

Considering a series like Skip Beat never got a second season I wouldn't expect this one to get one either. 12 episodes is likely all we get.
Feb 3, 2018 6:01 PM

Oct 2017
I lovee the series so far. It gets better with every episode. I felt a lot of character development in all of the main cast minus Harumi, and I'm so happy to see Shou come back at the end in order to the family to meet Yuzu. This episode was funny, heart warming, and sad all in the short timespan. If you hated the series up to this point, i think tink this episode will really make you understand why I love this series. Also the scene in where Shou hugged Yuzu and she mistaked it for sexual assault was hilarious OMG. It kinda reminds me of the innocence of Son Goku and when Bulma mistook some of his actions as sexual but they weren't. Oh the hilarious scenes. OMG THE GRAVEYARD SCENE MADE ME CRY AS I LOST A FAMILY MEMBER WHEN I WAS YOUNG AND IT JUST CLICKED. IF I WERE TO HAVE A NEW SIBLING, I WOULD HAVE TO DO WHAT YUZU DID AS IT WOULD HELP ME WITH MY GRIEVING. I CANT BELIEVE ITS BEEN 8 YEARS SINCE THAT FAMILY MEMBER DIED. Yeah this episode felt really relatable to me.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Feb 3, 2018 6:36 PM

Jan 2014
stone616 said:
EcchiKingMamster said:
good fucking lord this is so hot

why does the score keep dropping?

you picky fucks

This show is a mess. It's one of those turn your brain off and just watch it and don't question what you see shows.

It's a chain of psychologically unhealthy people in unhealthy relationships. Mei is to me the major issue with the show. I've watched all the episodes and honestly I can't really tell where she stands on her supposed step sister's lust for her. Her kissing her sister seems completely out of character for her.

Honestly if all the romance on one sides romance was removed from this show and it was just about step sisters bonding and growing closer it would be a much better show.

Either that are remove the step sister aspect and have it be a pure romance show without the family concept.

I have to say I completely agree. Everyone in this show is mentally unstable lmao (and I'm not saying that to be rude).

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 3, 2018 6:47 PM

May 2014
Great episode!
Seems like they were laying on the fanservice real thick the previous episodes, but it's definitely been toned down. Feels like we're slowly getting more substance with Mei x Yuzu which could never be a bad thing!

Himeko was also TOLERABLE this episode, which was a welcome change.

That ending as well!!
Apparently Mei's Dad is fine af, which makes sense because she's a stunner. With him added to the mix, who knows what's gonna happen? I'm looking forward to the next ep!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2018 7:04 PM

May 2015
Well this is the second anime that has referenced the Philippines this season (The other one being Killing Bites)

This episode felt a little speedy, jumping from one scene to another, but it wasn't really a big deal.

The triangle ended quickly, but it ended on a good note. Yuzu thinking for her sister and Himeko. Good Girl Yuzu.

Mei's dad...based on how he looks...oh boy, please don't tell me he's that type of father who does that to his daughter...
Feb 3, 2018 7:15 PM

May 2017
Draconix814 said:
Kittens-kun said:

I'm not shitting on his character or anything. I haven't read the manga, so I have no idea what he's like. I was just making a joke about his appearance in that scene.

I thought it was written on his face but ok

It doesn't look creepy tbh, this "smirk" but I see it as a smile like hey it's been a long time my daughter. I've read the manga but even if I didn't I think I will have the same conclusion, people just watch too much hentai I guess. They didn't zoom in the "smirk" nuff said
Feb 3, 2018 8:15 PM
May 2016
First episode without a kiss but Yuzu did lick Mei's ear hehe 😋

It's so refreshing to a yuri love story like this... Yuzu is completely in love with Mei and she struggles to deal with it
Feb 3, 2018 8:56 PM
Jul 2018
Wha.. another obstacle to Mei X Yuzu moments Didn't expect her dad's look will remind me of villianish :| Otherwise, this episode was good because there were lots of innocent Mei X Yuzu moments and not to mention Yuzu finally developing into at least likable character.
removed-userFeb 3, 2018 8:59 PM
Feb 3, 2018 9:18 PM

Sep 2015
uninstallthegame said:
stone616 said:

¿Por que no los dos?
Feb 3, 2018 9:27 PM

Mar 2008
The end of this episode = Onichichi
Feb 3, 2018 10:48 PM

Dec 2016
Yuzu is pretty damn selfish with everything regarding Mei, like no matter what she does she always has the angle that she wants Mei to love her in some way. I don't hate it, just pointing it out and I want to see how much her character may change from now
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 3, 2018 11:51 PM

Jan 2018
I don't think these girls could ever resolve what's really wrong with each other.

Especially considering Mei has some sort of shit for her dad?? Her mentally unstable ways of affection seems pretty clear that her dad or 'sensei' did some wack shit with her lol

「 what comes after the rain? 」
add meanime listmanga list

Feb 4, 2018 2:15 AM

Jul 2009
It's hard being Yuzu...poor girl, she is in love but she knows that right now Mei needs to get her family problems solved (like always ,anyway...), that scene in the cemetery was well done, but in the manga, since we choose the time to flip the page it was more emotional.
Shou just looks like a high hippie and his purple eyes might scare some people, but don't get insane
anime watchers only, he is not a bad person.
Feb 4, 2018 2:17 AM
Jun 2017
I really 💓 Citrus anime... hahaha..
Nice episode for today... like it
Feb 4, 2018 3:39 AM

Feb 2014
I read the manga and didn't expect Shou to be that tan.
Feb 4, 2018 4:13 AM

Jun 2016
Everyone is still trying to bang Mei. Yuzu should just be with Harumi.

Feb 4, 2018 5:36 AM

Dec 2015
Hyped for the next episode, really interested to know who the purple hair girl is!
~
Feb 4, 2018 6:03 AM

Mar 2010
dragonshade said:

well kind of what the chills told me when I saw his look
Feb 4, 2018 6:06 AM

Feb 2016
I'm starting to like Momokino-san but I still hope Yuzu ends up with Mei.

Apart from that, come on people, this is the one of the few good yuri animes out there... Can we please at least give it some encouragement and stop complaining about it being "incest"? Of course, the story is not perfect, but it's still pretty good.
Feb 4, 2018 8:28 AM

Sep 2007
DCCXXIV said:
I really love Harumi,thats all i want to share for today...

Same.

I also started feeling bad for Mei (took me 5 episodes, but oh well). Life can't be easy when every single person around you, including your sister, wants to f--- you.
Feb 4, 2018 9:07 AM

Aug 2015
You know what they say....
Incest is a game where the whole family can play... Together.
Anything is fine at this point 3.3
Feb 4, 2018 9:07 AM

Jun 2007
why is everything so messy
so momokino is a "good" character now? alriiiight..........
and mei works as a chairman now. okaaaaaay...................
SorvarinFeb 4, 2018 9:10 AM
see you, space cowperson . . .
Feb 4, 2018 9:50 AM

Feb 2016
I was kinda disappointed with this episode tbh - I guess having read the manga I didn't feel the emotional impact of the events so much, but I just felt like they kind of fell flat in their presentation. It's kinda sad everyone thinks Mei's dad is a creeper though, he's such a cute character originally, although I can't really sympathize with his irresponsible attitude towards Mei so much ><
I've been enjoying the series so far, but the voice acting and animation really threw me off this time - Mei's voice is just so high! I think the pacing, especially of the sick bay scene, was kinda rushed as well. Hopefully the quality will improve again for the last three arcs.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2018 10:03 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
uninstallthegame said:
Playcool said:

The manga has way more impact with its plot, it is almost 100% the same, but the way it is portrayed along with the art makes the difference!

Still there have been citrus episodes that surpassed the manga, like the last one, this one wasnt has good, sadly they didnt give it enough height to one of my favorite scenes (the graveward where Yuzu cries realizing Mei needs a sister and not a lover).

It was too much to ask to end the episode there, it would have been better if they did but wouldnt be realistic, makes more sense they ended it with the dad showing up.

But it would have been leagues better if they had add a more dramatic song to the graveward conclusion, with Yuzu crying loud and the scene fadding to black, like a moment of silence...

Next episode is going to be soo freaking hot and cute towards the end, I can really see where they will end.
They adapted around 50-55 pages here (1.5 chapter) and next time they will adapt more 55 pages (2 chapters, since one is really shorter).

Lets hope they put proper height to that ending scene, cuz I wanna have my brain melt and have an overdose of diabetes!

well, that's the problem with manga to anime adaptations, you read the manga and love it. you watch the anime and it seems odd, because it's different from the image you had in your head

at least that's the problem for me, i set the level too high and now it disappoints me

Well it is more like that the art of the manga is that amazing, and only now that I see the anime I realize that it was such a big factor in making the experience so much better with the manga, since the expressions there were really cute and moving.
Also episodes like 1 and 4 prove that the anime adaptation can surpass the source material IF they take things slowly, built and expand to give everything more meaning, even if the art (which is good for anime standards) doesnt come close to the source, there are other ways they can improve, using the strenghts an medium like anime has, namely shit being animated and soundtrack to deliver more impact.
And so far the soundtrack really is lacking in those scenes when you need it to punch you in the gut.
Feb 4, 2018 10:15 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm looks like Yuzu and Himeko have become deadly rivals now but man Mei sure has a major headache here. Wow Mei's angry self is scary. Himeko's sure was late in finding them. Yuzu taking Mei to visit her fathers grave was unexpected. Mei is scared of knowing what her fathers thoughts are huh. Taking the role of student council president and also doing the chairmen's work sure proved to be too much even for Mei. Its seeing Mei and Himeko make up though. Yuzu was nice to give them that chance. Looks like things are getting interesting though.
Feb 4, 2018 10:17 AM

Dec 2017
Playcool said:

Well it is more like that the art of the manga is that amazing, and only now that I see the anime I realize that it was such a big factor in making the experience so much better with the manga, since the expressions there were really cute and moving.

you see, there are quite a few problems with adapting this anime. i think they took a decent way of presenting it

Playcool said:

Also episodes like 1 and 4 prove that the anime adaptation can surpass the source material IF they take things slowly, built and expand to give everything more meaning, even if the art (which is good for anime standards) doesnt come close to the source, there are other ways they can improve, using the strenghts an medium like anime has, namely shit being animated and soundtrack to deliver more impact.
And so far the soundtrack really is lacking in those scenes when you need it to punch you in the gut.

now, about this part. the problem here is the time consumption. the manga is still ongoing and the story is incomplete, to fit a fairly large portion of material in 12 episodes means a lot of skipping

if you skip a lot of source material, you get shat on
if you change the parts that are different from source material, you get shat on

i agree with taking more approach with music and creating depth for moments like cemetery from this episode, but

it's only 12 episodes, if you take too much time, you still get shat on. it's the problem of the community with picking on stuff

so far the anime is not amazing, but pretty decent

Feb 4, 2018 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
I am 100% digging the Dad's look. He seems hella carefree and its awesome, he contrasts Mei and her Grandfather completely.

Also pretty unreasonable that all the work falls to Mei now, like can't one of the chairman's underlings just step it up and take control of the situation? Like seriously, do they have no shame letting a high schooler who's father is always away, grandfather just had a heart attack, is readjusting to living with a new stepmom and stepsister, IN ADDITION to working harder than any other student in the school (among other things, probably). If I was the chairman, I'd fire the whole board.
Feb 4, 2018 10:38 AM

Mar 2010
WhiteLotus42 said:

Apart from that, come on people, this is the one of the few good yuri animes out there... Can we please at least give it some encouragement and stop complaining about it being "incest"? Of course, the story is not perfect, but it's still pretty good.

I don't see anyone complaining about it being an incest, maybe I missed that post ? but anyway this is not one, at least so far it isn't (saying so far because I can only guess where this going, but anyway Yuzu X Mei can never be an incest because they are not really related)
LF2005Feb 6, 2018 6:44 AM
Feb 4, 2018 10:50 AM

Sep 2012
Writing of this show is definitely a mess, but the yuri makes me keep watching it.
Feb 4, 2018 11:03 AM

Jul 2017
Rating is too low this show deserves better
Feb 4, 2018 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
LF2005 said:
WhiteLotus42 said:

I don't see anyone complaining about it being an insect, maybe I missed that post ? but anyway this is not one, at least so far it isn't (saying so far because I can only guess where this going, but anyway Yuzu X Mei can never be an incest because they are not really related)

The score is going down, and I this it's because of this. It kind of is incest, because they're stepsisters.
Feb 4, 2018 11:36 AM

Feb 2014
WhiteLotus42 said:
LF2005 said:

I don't see anyone complaining about it being an insect, maybe I missed that post ? but anyway this is not one, at least so far it isn't (saying so far because I can only guess where this going, but anyway Yuzu X Mei can never be an incest because they are not really related)

The score is going down, and I this it's because of this. It kind of is incest, because they're stepsisters.

They're not blood related and they didn't even grow up together, that's really pushing it.
Feb 4, 2018 11:42 AM

Mar 2010
WhiteLotus42 said:
LF2005 said:

well many complained about the abusive dynamics, pretty sure that's the reason.

PS
in my dictionary at least, incest is a sexual relationship between blood relatives, so this doesn't qualify as one.
Feb 4, 2018 12:22 PM

Mar 2008
LF2005 said:
dragonshade said:

well kind of what the chills told me when I saw his look

You have the bitchy blonde, a quiet student pres with black long hair. And their dad is a teacher. That fits so perfectly.
Feb 4, 2018 12:38 PM

Feb 2016
tenoh said:
WhiteLotus42 said:

They're not blood related and they didn't even grow up together, that's really pushing it.

Yeah, I agree with that. But I just though that's why the score is going down.
Feb 4, 2018 12:43 PM

Feb 2016
LF2005 said:
WhiteLotus42 said:

well many complained about the abusive dynamics, pretty sure that's the reason.

PS
in my dictionary at least, incest is a sexual relationship between blood relatives, so this doesn't qualify as one.

Yeah, I think that is the correct definition as well. But I think this anime slightly tries to appeal to people that like incest. Just like Eromanga-sensei makes it clear that they are not blood relatives, but still tries to appeal to the lolimouto fans.
Feb 4, 2018 12:48 PM
Dec 2017
I fecking called it!! Mei's father showed up and boyy did he give me Joichiro-vibes from Shokugeki...
Feb 4, 2018 3:20 PM

Mar 2016
????? how come I haven't realised that the ending song is so beautiful until episode 5. Yuzu is considering Mei's feelings before hers athought I doubt she'll succeed in being her family only thingie well she can always try since it'll be less awkward for both.
Seunghoon my sunflower
Feb 4, 2018 7:43 PM

Sep 2008
The cliffhangers never end.
Feb 5, 2018 3:12 AM

Sep 2010
It was nice seeing more emotion from Mei this episode!

Less dead fish more eating fish

Feb 5, 2018 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
A fine episode!
What Mei needs is not love but family...okay fine.
Why is it most of the weakness that could make girls excited/aroused is on the part of their ear or back of their ear!?!?
That end...Mei called him sensei? but at the same time its her father!?!?
4/5.

Feb 5, 2018 11:28 PM

Dec 2017
For anyone who's read the manga, is there a rough estimate of how much the anime will adapt? Just wondering whether or not I should start reading the manga since I'm actually really enjoying this series and don't want to have to wait weekly for it.
Feb 6, 2018 4:30 AM

Feb 2014
yourbraveshine said:
For anyone who's read the manga, is there a rough estimate of how much the anime will adapt? Just wondering whether or not I should start reading the manga since I'm actually really enjoying this series and don't want to have to wait weekly for it.

The anime should cover until Volume 4.
Feb 6, 2018 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
we finally get to see the father
Feb 7, 2018 1:33 PM

Sep 2013
Yuzu and Mei bond a bit in the train and at yuzu's papa's grave :'(
Mei and Himeko coming closer too after some drama.
Mei's papa returns.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.