Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 29, 2015 6:28 PM

Apr 2014
IZAYAAA NOOOOOOO
Mar 29, 2015 8:02 PM

Apr 2013
Man were really starting to see the dark and twisted side of Mikado now. That endings got me really interested too. Excited for the next part.

9/10
Mar 29, 2015 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
Jagd84 said:
No you don't. if you understood then you wouldn't be bringing up this nonsense about "trust" and tying to Mikado's development, because it has nothing to do with it. If Mikado outting BS earlier would have solved everything then he would have then their offer earlier and brought them Chikage himself . There no need for a middle man. Guess what? That doesn't solve the issue that a lot of the Dollars on are filled with people like that, and that BS is just one of many. Chikage also wants the leader of the Dollars take the responsibility not some underlings because that is how he believes a real gang does things. Furthermore as earlier the BS are Dollars members, it' means just Mikado feels responsibility for them, just any of Dollars actions,. This never would have happened in the first if the Dollars were not their were they are due to Mikado making them that way. That core of issue, not some stupid notion about trust. That only applied to Dollars and Yellow Scarves conflict because that was how Izaya was manipulating everyone.

What Aoba and Izaya tried to do manipulate here was Mikado's sense responsibility and the very concept of the group. Kadota doesn't damn if other Dollar members are go around picking fights with others, that is just what group with no rules, restrictions, leadership and whatnot does. So that means the Dollars can be heroes or villains depending on circumstance, but nobody polices eachother. It's people just hope that most members do the right thing.

I seriously suggest you re-watch the series again at some point to get idea what the inter-conflict is about.

Just to shorten this discussion, let me ask you this. How many changes Mikado has gone through as a character for the past 1 season+1cour? Please make a list about it, & I do not need a lengthy description. Thank you.

Jagd84 said:
Okay your really being vague here. I said that novels and anime handle the characters the same, this part pointless.

"Nobody that exist in this show (maybe save for Rio) would not be here without appearing in the novels first. I'm not seeing any differences here or ones with any real meaning." That's what you said. You basically said that the characters in the anime adaptation are all exist in the novel too. That's not what I asked. I asked about how the anime adaptation handle the characters(their characterization, how they are introduced, how much screentime they got, etc.) See the difference? If you do not understand what handling characters mean, the we should just stop this discussion. I am sorry.

Jagd84 said:
And I saying that sound really really dumb, because you can do this any character in show. The only unimportant people are those who do not have role and that does not exist here. Otherwise those people wouldn't be in the story at all.

I am sorry for my dumb argument.

Just a little piece of advice, I suggest you watch more anime shows & learn more what's what about character development, plot, & other writing aspects. As of now, you seem to be more of a fanboy who defend his favourite anime show without any regards about writing aspects & respecting the one who you are discussing with. Again, I am not your enemy. You are treating me like I am some kind of stupid user who attacks you & your one and only Durarara!! just because I can. Let me clear this up again: no, I am not attacking anyone or anything.
I like anime.
Mar 29, 2015 10:31 PM

Jul 2011
I liked the first season way more 7/10
Mar 30, 2015 7:01 AM

Dec 2013
Woe Izaya getting stabbed came out of nowhere. Really enjoyable episode and I definitely look forward to seeing part 2.
Mar 30, 2015 7:59 AM

Jul 2008
Pretty good episode in itself (though the 1st half was rushed). However, compared to the LN and Season 1 it wasn't adapted nearly as well.

7/10
Mar 30, 2015 8:16 AM

Nov 2012
Shizuo easily stole the show. He is too much, especially when he saved Akane. I wish he would've gotten more screen time, but I think this episode in particular will hold me over until the next cour.
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Mar 30, 2015 11:53 AM

Sep 2010
Good stuff.... Waiting for July....

Finale - 4/5
Series - 7.5/10
Mar 30, 2015 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
Well that was a good episode I have to say, the best one I liked out of all this cour's episodes. And that cliffhanger... definitely want to know what will happen next.

An 8/10 for me. Let's hope for the next cour to be better.
Mar 30, 2015 6:01 PM
May 2009
why no talk about anri. He character got developed as well. This was the first time any of the cast saw her with the sword. Right not Anri hates herself, but I think the conversation with Erika and Walker is a turning point because they flat out say that whatever her dark secret is, they will still want to be friends with her.

I hope her character develops more and she overcomes her lack of confidence. If she still thinks she's a parasite by the end i'll be dissapointed.
Mar 30, 2015 6:15 PM

Oct 2009
Five years of waiting for the show to return, certainly brought the hype down, still, it was enjoyable but not as the first time it came out. 8/10
Mar 30, 2015 6:44 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, good episode to end ... best in a while IMO. Fighting stops once Shizuo comes eh? :P Well, except for Vorona biting off a LITTLE more than she can chew. Multiple stab wounds don't faze him at all O_O Well, he rescues Akane, which is what he was aiming for I guess :P
As for Mikado ... well. I guess that talk with Chikage (I think that's his name?) made him realize something ... or at least, he ended up taking Aoba up on his offer. THEN STABBED HIM O_O He's really got two personalities or something eh? That was ... unexpected ...
Not too sure how I feel about this whole Russian business. There are too many names for me to remember >_< All I know is Vorona and Slon got taken down by Igor and the yakuza group it seems? Bah, I don't know anymore D:
What's left ... Masaomi comes all this way and DOES LITERALLY NOTHING. I am so disappointed ... what was the point even? D: Then we've got the whole "mysterious caller" at the end and Izaya gets played and stabbed ... oh boy, obvious cliffhanger route for the other sequels I guess, but yeah ...

Overall ... I have to admit, I was pretty disappointed in this. Animation was really distracting at times, and there were so many characters to keep track of ... I guess that's kind of my fault but it sure made the plotlines hella confusing. Not to mention my fav characters didn't really do anything (twins, Masaomi, Aoba) ... eh, yeah, IDK, it had a couple of good episodes but a lot of the time I found myself bored at how slowly things were(n't) moving D: Not sure if I wanna watch the next part of this tbh ... well, I guess we'll see when summer comes. Honestly was gonna give this a 5 but at least the ending was decently entertaining, so 6/10
Mar 30, 2015 6:56 PM

Aug 2013
Well, Mikado sure took an odd decision. He allied himself to the Blue Squares, the same who used twisted and shady methods in the past. Not only that, Masaomi hate them, so I don't think it'll be a great mix.

The Dollars are slowly dying. Mikado realize the current Dollars didn't gave them what he wanted. Vorona got #Rekt. The mafia leaders shows up. Izaya get mysteriously stabbed. Yep, they seem to be making the field for the next season.

I feel bad for Mikado, even if he went totally crazy (which is pretty neat). He's just so different from the people around him. I mean, dude, the girl he have a crush on have literally tons of swords in her body and is a crazy motherfucking ninja.

It was a fun season, better IMO than the first season. Or maybe it's just because I'm more habituated to the style of DRRR. Anyway, I'm sure looking for summer season.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 30, 2015 7:19 PM

Mar 2012
This episode's got me hyped for next season. Can't wait.
Mar 30, 2015 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
woah did Mikado just do that stab that guy with a pen he is now one of my fav characters I can't wait to see what he does next.
Mar 31, 2015 12:11 AM
Oct 2011
lmao that ending. Ryuugamine's character become a sack of bullshit in a minute, worse than it actually was.

What a borefest overall, like every sequel of every anime show ever. Not sure I'm gonna watch the next season.
Mar 31, 2015 5:09 AM

Apr 2013
Izaya getting shanked was great
Mar 31, 2015 5:19 AM

Oct 2014
Best episode so far.
Mikado's was one of the most bad-ass scenes,
'sup, 'sup, stabbed your hand dawg, 'sup with that?
Mar 31, 2015 5:28 AM

May 2012
EvianBubble said:

What's left ... Masaomi comes all this way and DOES LITERALLY NOTHING. I am so disappointed ... what was the point even?

Actually, in the novel, they explain the reason why Masaomi didn't or rather can't approach Mikado. The anime cut it... disappointed too.
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Mar 31, 2015 8:54 AM

Jul 2014
FINALLY SOMEONE GETS TO IZAYA ! XD
Mar 31, 2015 9:40 AM

Jun 2014
Wow. What a way to end this! Holy crap.

Shizou is just a badass. Carrying that motorbike no sweat. And that car roll XD
Krunchy said:
play ball ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And after that he just smiles and comforts the little girl. Amazing.

Varona and that other guy get abducted.

Izaya gets stabbed! :D He isn't as untouchable as he thinks he is.

Overall a good sequel to the first season. 8/10

We have to wait till July? Shiiiiiiiit...
Mar 31, 2015 11:01 AM

May 2010
Pretty good 8/10 But more interesting just Durarara!! of 2010 And of course i glad to see the same heroes and new members also. But the moment regarding of Izaya is saddened. How did the following seasons without him ?!
Shizuo really like an immortal, he do not care for injured injuries. He is like a honey badger.

# 1 Dyurarara !! - TV (24 ep. + 2 speshla), adaptation ranobe 2010
# 2 Dyurarara !! 2 (first season) - TV (12 ep.), Continuation, 2015
# 3 Dyurarara !! 2 (second season) - TV, continuation, 2015
# 4 Dyurarara !! 2 (third season) - TV, continuation, 2016
_Lucy_Mar 31, 2015 11:12 AM
Mar 31, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2012
Half ass ending explenation to the boring arc. Very bad animation, it looked like crap at times. Well, for me it didn't lived up to the hype i had from watching first season. More then that, i feel second season ruined this show for me. Now i don't really wait for second half. Shame, i liked Durarara. 5/10
Mar 31, 2015 4:57 PM

Jul 2013
Erika harassing Anri LOL!
Shizuo kicking the car!
Awakusu-Kai members got skills! Poor Vorona, although she tried to do some fucked up stuff I felt bad for her, but now she got taken by the Russian Sushi lol!
Holy crap, that dark Mikado, Blue Squares really!? Izaya got stabbed!
Now gotta wait for July!!!!!!!!!!!!! DRRR!!
PhinalPhlashMar 31, 2015 5:09 PM
Apr 1, 2015 4:19 AM

Dec 2013
Varona had it coming.
You don't just go to another country and start messing with it's organized crime + supernatural beings for the fuck of it and expect to get no comeuppance.

Izaya getting prison-stabbed is hilarious.

Masaomi did absolutely shit-all.

Mikado finally grew a sack, but only for a minute or so.
Apr 1, 2015 6:17 AM

Mar 2008
mikado has some issues....
and i fucking love it.

knew his character was going this route, a bipolar psychopathic personality
the way he stabs aoba, and he actually planned for it (with the bandages and such).
and the way he felt relief that they accepted his offer, kinda wonder what would happen if they didn't.
seeing as mikado planned to patch his arm, im pretty sure he planned for a negative response as well.
Apr 1, 2015 6:43 AM

Feb 2013
Shizu-chan...<3
~ Let's play football using the car ! ~
~ Two blades are in my back, I don't care ! ~
~ Damn you all, I'm just the best ! ~
*.*

Finally, darker side of Mikado...We wanna more !

Simon is gangsta, damn ~ !

Izaya is just falling asleep...What will happen to him ?

Just meanwhile, in Ikebukuro...Normal, everyday life.

This season was even better than first, great show.

And now we have to wait till vacations !! Such a torture ! Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait !

Apr 1, 2015 2:55 PM

Mar 2013
badass Shizuo is the best

quite an ending we get here
cant wait to July :)
Apr 2, 2015 1:56 AM

Mar 2012
I was wondering if Izaya would ever lose his composure. Not only did that happen, but got fucking shanked too.

Animation was a step down from the first anime but all in all it's more of the same goodness.

8/10 (Season 1 was probably about an 8.5 for comparison's sake)
Apr 2, 2015 8:38 AM
Aug 2013
9/10

epic ending to this season anime...all the new characters were awesome..btw what happened to shinra??
loooks like varona is getting a induced character change..shizuo epic..
and finally!!! Izaya gets beaten in his own game..i will rest in peace (^_^)!!
Apr 2, 2015 12:05 PM

Nov 2009
It was so good to see Mikado grow a backbone for once.
Izaya ! Interesting to see him not always one step ahead of everyone for once.
Didn't care about Sloan at all but I hope something interesting happens with Varona.
8/10 for this season of Durarara. They kept my attention for the whole of the series, some of the episodes were a bit filler-ish at different points but for the most part something exciting was happening (Shizuo was as hilarious as usual). Also, I love the OSTs in Durarara. <3
Apr 2, 2015 1:21 PM

Sep 2014
Well, that certainly was an interesting episode.
Can't help falling even harder for Shizuo, that guy is seriously amazing.
Apr 2, 2015 1:36 PM

May 2013
Shizuo quits the Dollars, crashes the party, and saves Akane by kicking a car.
Freakin' amazing. Freakin' badass. Freakin' Shizuo.

Meanwhile, Anri's pretty cute when she was getting harassed by Erika.
Seems like she's also enjoying it. The possibilities are endless!
Aozaki, Akabayashi, and the Russians came to teach Vorona and Sloan a few lessons.

Chikage gives advice to Mikado and he just stabs Aoba's hand with a pen. A FREAKIN' BALLPEN!
Speaking of stabbing, Yodogiri stabs Izaya. Izaya's getting outplayed.

Damn, all these endings just make you want some even more!
Can't wait for the next cour! (^_^)
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Apr 2, 2015 3:54 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
One thing I liked was Izaya getting owned at the end again by a Russian.

8/10

Apr 2, 2015 4:54 PM

Oct 2014
daaaamn I have really be underestimating those Russians they owned in this last ep

Wow Aoba and Izaya get stabbed not to mention Vorona gets Shizuo with a knife

I really hope Masaome has a bigger role in the next arc I would also like to see more of the twins

Mikado with them mood swings, that dude I just cant predict I don't know if I like his character or not

Akane really is adorable her scene with Shizuo was too perfect

I really am loving Durarara at the moment it feels like all the characters who we have been shown are strong are being made too look weak by the newer ones (except Shizuo of course he is just amazing and I love him so much) anything could happen seriously. But the one thing that has to happen is Shizuo + Vorona I am shipping it right now I will give the cour that gets them together a 10 no matter what they are my two favorite characters <3
Apr 3, 2015 2:42 AM
Jan 2009
8/10 for me . . .
though it's full score to the story.
really can't predict what will come next.

It could be 9 if i the op and animation quality is as good as before, but they're a little off.

ofc, shizuo's the most badass character here and before. he can only die in 9gag. (or maybe can't?)
Apr 3, 2015 9:12 AM

Mar 2009
Okay, this episode basically settles it for me.

Shizuo is Heracles.
Apr 3, 2015 9:23 AM

Mar 2008
The last episode was great, the rest meh (I was bored watching most of it, also it was really confusing and it took me a long time to get used to all of the new characters..)
But again, thanks to this episode I indeed feel like watching the continuation as well
Apr 3, 2015 11:03 AM

Dec 2008
Holy shit! Mikado has a split personality!! I really don't think Mikado is someone Aoba wants to fuck with. Next time, that pen might go through Aoba's eye or his heart.

Seeing the more gentle side of Shizuo was VERY nice.

Yay for Izaya's stabbing!! Too bad that wicked bastard won't die.

July can't get here fast enough.

Sent with Mal Updater
Apr 3, 2015 9:13 PM

Aug 2013
Shizuo here to save the day, snapping a guy's wrist and tossing him into a fence, wrecking Varona's bike, kicking a car to use as a bullet shield, taking three knives to the back, god he is so awesome. Celty and Shizuo duo is pretty awesome with Celty being kinda like the support in this situation.

All seems well until Chikage tells Mikado he shouldn't play with the big kids. Oh, and KIDA CAME BACK.... but he's still passive as hell.

Anyone else yell OH SHIT when Mikado stabbed Aoba's hand like that 0.0 totally didn't expect that. At least now it seems he's getting some spice to his character, while still keeping a semi-harmless personality.

IZAYA WHUT. The guy just walked up and stabbed him in the side. Surprised Izaya wasn't more cautious considering he's been dodging Shizuo all this time. Very excited to see where else this story can go. Now to wait until summer...
Apr 4, 2015 11:24 AM

Dec 2013
Loved it! Was a joy to watch. Easily better than the first season. Can't handle the awesomeness. Can't wait for Summer.
Apr 4, 2015 1:38 PM
Nov 2010
The way some things went in this episode was pretty interesting to me.

Overall, the anime stayed good, I'm glad to see that and hope they'll keep up the good work.

I'm looking forward to the next season.
Apr 4, 2015 2:54 PM

Jun 2012
I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LEFT IT LIKE THAT. Izaya getting stabbed was the last thing I expected. I didn't think it was possible. :O

Mikado stabbing Aoba in the hand shocked me too. I guess he's finally going to become a little interesting instead of continuing to be some boring kid.
N☆ 
Apr 4, 2015 3:09 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Still, the best thing about this season is the increasing amount of Tom Tanaka appearances.
Praise season two!
Good cour!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 5, 2015 12:15 AM

Jul 2008
HOLY CRAP!!! Someone finally got to Izaya!!!
Apr 5, 2015 5:00 AM
Mar 2009
WolfWood37 said:
HOLY CRAP!!! Someone finally got to Izaya!!!

Surprise ending to that whole thing... but it is, on the other hand, about time he got what was coming to him....
Apr 5, 2015 9:56 AM

Oct 2008
Yadogiri Jinnai more superior than Izaya.
Vorona was just toyed with the Awakusa group.
Shizuo was awesome saving Akane. +1 to Celty for the support.
Mikado still the boss of Dollars. Feel his wrath!
Can't wait for the 2nd cour Durarara!!x2 Ten
matias067Apr 5, 2015 9:59 AM

Apr 5, 2015 4:59 PM

Sep 2010
It was quite random but Izaya got reck yey.

I enjoyed Durarara a lot looking forward to the next season, it'a a defined watch
Apr 5, 2015 11:07 PM

Jul 2011
Wow, wow, wow. Izaya has fallen. The one guy who's untouchable just got taken out!! That was completely unexpected and was a huge pleasant surprise.

And Mikado's wrath, damn, it's just enough to keep his character interesting. I laughed when he offered antiseptics and bandages right afterwards apologetically, what a guy. I love that he snapped, but at the same time remained completely rational. He's strangely twisted and that's the best part of his character.

And Shizuo was great too, just have to love him. That superhuman prowess and personality. <3

Very excited for next season, especially now that Izaya's down for the count!
MirorinApr 5, 2015 11:15 PM
Apr 6, 2015 3:56 AM

Sep 2007
Can someone just explain to me the whole subplot between the Russian and Yakuza alliance, the kidnapping of Akane and the killing of those three russian guys, Iziya framing Shizou and Jinnai's actions.

I got a little lost towards the end...but it felt like it was important.

Also, while we're here - am I the only Iziya fan here? Just waiting for his Shizou team-up!
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2015

125 by Randomega »»
Aug 31, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2015

128 by Randomega »»
Aug 31, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 31, 2015

171 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2015

371 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Durarara!!x2 Shou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2015

207 by Rithic »»
Aug 7, 2023 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.