Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 9, 2013 4:45 AM

Jun 2008
rodac said:

Also it's nice to see someone standing up to some of the more pathological features of "idol culture" and speaking out for real relationships (as opposed to fantasies that only exist in certain otakus' minds). In light of some of what has been going on with AKB48, this is really refreshing.

Sorry but i fing your connection ridiculous. A voice actress is an important for the production of works like anime etc. It's a complete legitimate job and many aren't even cute or nice looking. Also many are marries etc. This girl seem to have attracted some creepy fans because she's young and cute but her profession isn't about them. Even with out fans a voice actress will still be needed to voice animated characters etc.
Her job isn't depended on their assistance.

On the other hand groups like AKB48 are created specifically to take advantage of the existence of such individuals. They are not singers that can sell music for the music alone to fans and sell cd. The music they do is just an excuse so they can have something to sell to the creepers and an excuse to hide behind. They specifically target creepers and basically sell them dreams through cute girls with creepy handshaking, dating events etc.
Those creepy fans are the reason their group was created in the first place.

So I think those two are massively different and they shouldn't be looked as favorably as someone in Miho's position is. Miho is doing a necessary job while they do nothing more than basically whoring themselves for easy success and money.

Hydnlife said:
Must hold back man tears. one thing ive never understand was is, why cant VA date? arent the just people like everyone else? let them be happy

They can. Many date and marry and such, is just that if she's young and cute she will also get creepy fans who start playing big role in the gossip about her. Also in this case is not just about dating but the matter of favoritism. It's natural for suspicion to be created that she may get roles in Ashirogi anime by being favored since she has a relationship with one of them. And lets be honest is kind of true since the author is pushing for her. Ashirogi simply lost their leverage because of the rumors or else she would have gotten the role easily because of their push.
We see it as fine because we see their love story but what if we where watching it from the eyes of a small seyou girl trying to make it and practicing hard for that role and going to the audition after working hard and pulling as good a performance as a more successful voice actress but ending-up losing to her because she was preferred by the author because she's his girl?
I can see why our protagonist don't feel they are doing anything wrong since they worked hard for their dreams but you should also be able to see how from the angle of another girl trying to get the role that could mean so much for her it seems unfair.
MonadMar 9, 2013 4:58 AM
Mar 9, 2013 9:58 AM

Apr 2011
Uchihafan25 said:
I could never understand why people in the show had such a problem with Mashiro and Azuki dating and wanting to include each other in their lines of work. I mean why was it such a big deal?! Who cares?! Judd Apatow does it all the time!

I don't think you understand what's going on here. This is Japan, the culture is totally different. The Japanese Otaku view their idols as very pure beings, so when such a rumor comes up, it's gonna taint that view a lot. Monad, while I agree with everything you said, Miho built her career as a Seiyuu Idol, not just as a Seiyuu. Her director (was it?) even tells her to outright deny she has any relationships with Mashiro so that she can maintain her "pure" image.

And not just that, as Monad said, even the non-Otaku will not feel pleased about this situation. Ashirogi Muto is a famous mangaka and their masterpiece is gonna be animated and it's heroine is gonna be voiced by Miho just because she is his girlfriend, tell me you wouldn't think like that. Granted, she would be selected through an audition, but can anybody seriously think like that? This is just normal, rational thinking on their part.
Mar 9, 2013 12:08 PM

Feb 2012
T_T its gonna end soon.......
Mar 9, 2013 7:29 PM
Dec 2011
so drawn out they should have made this last season into a movie this whole season has been a waste of time
Mar 9, 2013 11:20 PM

May 2012
yhunata said:

I don't think you understand what's going on here. This is Japan, the culture is totally different. The Japanese Otaku view their idols as very pure beings, so when such a rumor comes up, it's gonna taint that view a lot. Monad, while I agree with everything you said, Miho built her career as a Seiyuu Idol, not just as a Seiyuu. Her director (was it?) even tells her to outright deny she has any relationships with Mashiro so that she can maintain her "pure" image.

I wouldn't say it's completely different. The United States has tons of followers of adult/teen celebs - move stars/singers etc. There are people out there who follow their lives daily. People who can't wait for scandals and what not.
Mar 10, 2013 12:35 AM

Jul 2010
WHERE DAFAQ IS FUKUDA!?

Great episode for non-manga readers, but we readers gotta miss the nice little tidbits. It was great character development for Fukuda as well; why the anime staff removed the Fukuda scenes is beyond me :(

But I don't mind Fat Pig Hater being MIA ;)
BigbuffoonMar 10, 2013 12:39 AM
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Mar 10, 2013 5:34 AM

Apr 2011
Eltrik said:
yhunata said:

I wouldn't say it's completely different. The United States has tons of followers of adult/teen celebs - move stars/singers etc. There are people out there who follow their lives daily. People who can't wait for scandals and what not.

They wait for scandals to gossip about it. It's not the case with the Japanese Otaku. These guys worship their idols, so anything that taints their image of the idol will create a riot amongst them.
Mar 10, 2013 5:37 AM
Sep 2012
it really was an amazing episode ! though they did cut out lots of parts from the manga but i think the part of fukuda-sensei being on radio should have been put in ! but still AMAZING !!!!!
Mar 10, 2013 6:44 AM

Oct 2011
totally love this episode!!! Azuki is so strong :3
Mar 10, 2013 11:47 AM

May 2012
yhunata said:
Eltrik said:
yhunata said:

They wait for scandals to gossip about it. It's not the case with the Japanese Otaku. These guys worship their idols, so anything that taints their image of the idol will create a riot amongst them.

otakus still gossip
and there have already been cases of crazed fans and riots at various concerts and viewings for popular actors/musicians.
it's not exactly the same, but it's not completely different.
Mar 10, 2013 2:58 PM
Oct 2011
Butt-hurt otaku are butt-hurt. Just imagine that moment when you realize your waifu is dating someone, wouldn't you be butt-hurt like they are?

I really enjoyed the episode, but something, or a lot of things felt missing, namely that fat otaku, but after I came here I knew the other things that were missing. On the other hand something feels off with the pacing, I mean there are 3 episodes and after checking there are 6 chapters left. Does that mean we'll get a better epilogue and not as rushed as the manga? Here are my hopes for a better one.
Mar 10, 2013 10:42 PM

Jan 2010
Nice to see, after three years, that Azuki isn't only a cipher. Alas that this feels like a food package that's been stored for too long in the freezer. I don't remember how long ago it got frozen but I'm not feeling any great desire to thaw it out. But, maybe they'll do something interesting with it. While Aoki had a good end, Iwase got shoved to the curb. It is a challenge to muster up some enthusiasm for Azuki out of nowhere.
Mar 11, 2013 12:47 AM
Jan 2011
Miho, it's a good thing that you are being honest.
Mar 11, 2013 10:06 PM

Oct 2011
FINALY!
Man this was a good episode!
Mar 12, 2013 12:15 AM

Feb 2013
good ep
Mar 12, 2013 4:10 PM

Sep 2010
I wanted to watch Fukuda's speech, it was pretty good, too bad they cut it out.
Mar 13, 2013 7:28 AM

Dec 2011
I hate how many good parts from manga didn't make it to anime. I know that there isn't enough time to do it. I just hate the fact that while staff followed manga really closely in 1st and 2nd season, the 3rd season is very rushed.
Mar 15, 2013 12:04 PM

Mar 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
3 more episodes! must hold back tears......

Pssh, I'm gonna bawl like a bitch when it ends.
Mar 16, 2013 10:06 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Candor said:
Butt-hurt otaku are butt-hurt. Just imagine that moment when you realize your waifu is dating someone, wouldn't you be butt-hurt like they are?

I don't have a "waifu" and never will want one. That's why I find creepy idol otaku the most annoying kind. Some are way too delusional.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 20, 2013 1:07 AM

May 2011
Happy tears were shed this episode. This anime is just too great! I was at the edge of my seat, hoping for good results, and what I got was nothing short of a miracle.
Mar 20, 2013 10:29 PM

Dec 2010
wah i literally screamed when
Mar 31, 2013 5:22 AM

Sep 2011
This episode made me fangirl so much, I almost cried out of hapiness. Dang it, they really got me there.

OG-3 said:
I hate how many good parts from manga didn't make it to anime. I know that there isn't enough time to do it. I just hate the fact that while staff followed manga really closely in 1st and 2nd season, the 3rd season is very rushed.

I agree with you on that. I haven't even read the manga yet, but the fact that this season got rushed, is still very obvious to me. Then again, Kasai Kenichi (director) has always had pacing problems in my opinion.
Apr 9, 2013 12:10 PM

Jan 2011
Enjoyable episode, I haven't watched this is quite some time but I got sucked in right away.
Things are going a bit fast here... I thought they would do four seasons but it looks that they will really end it with this one.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 10, 2013 4:44 PM

Feb 2010
Such a good episode... only a few eps left ;-;
May 1, 2013 2:11 PM

Jul 2009
Ohba and Obata really seem to hate internet forums/blogs.
May 30, 2013 5:04 PM

Jan 2013
Such an emotional episode.
Really good.
She better pass the audition.
Jun 26, 2013 3:52 PM

Jan 2012
Azuki was stupid to announce that she has a boyfriend.

I loved that first guy on the radio raging at her. Also reminds me of how otaku were raging at seiyuus like Aki Toyosaki and Ayana Taketatsu when they found out they had some relationships with a guy.
Jul 3, 2013 3:38 AM

Jan 2012
So cute so cute so cute so cute so cute
Sep 12, 2013 10:37 PM

Oct 2011
Wonderful, wonderful and touching episode! I love Miho x Moritaka so much, now it's definitely one of my favourite pairings in any anime.
I really love how they are true to their feelings and don't hide it. Love > career. And especially if it's love like Miho x Moritaka.
Well, it was kind of predictable that something like Mashiro calling would happen, but someone had to stand up against those fucking haters and say something and who else if not Mashiro himself? The author did a really good job.
Dec 12, 2013 1:03 PM

May 2012
Dat ending <3 so breathtaking really while even getting that negative effect things sure will get good and even on top of that better by this I'm sure off it! I'm sure Miho will get the role and well let's just hope they'll end the series off with their marriage!
Dec 28, 2013 9:50 AM

May 2013
Goodlcuk miho!
Jan 23, 2014 1:52 PM

Mar 2012
3 seasons in and I still could care less about their relationship : /

wakka9ca said:
Candor said:

I don't have a "waifu" and never will want one. That's why I find creepy idol otaku the most annoying kind. Some are way too delusional.

Makes you feel sorry for idols, some people just go WAY too far and do really creepy shit. They can also be complete assholes towards them just b/c they start dating someone or get married.
Feb 8, 2014 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
The scene where Hattori announced them that they were going to have an anime was cute. Seeing him cry and just lose it was perfect.

But of course, because of one single rumor, everything goes apeshit. Internet can be really hard and cruel. That first guy is quite represantative of the obscessed fan. Some people litteraly base their life around a star cult. I'm sure she'll get the role in the end.

Go go go! It's the last straight line! :D
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 23, 2014 2:13 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my.. it's going to end........
Always this type of characters.. she can just go date Nakai.
Gambateh Mihooo !!!!! <3
Mar 8, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2013
Such losers... favoritism? Seriously? This is happening on Hollywood every single day and no one gives a shit. Sure some actors with famous family are infamous at start but what the fuck? I've never seen anyone with actual TALENT accused of favoritism. E.g.: Casey Affleck has talent. Jonathan Nolan has talent. Sofia Coppola has talent. Should I go on? No one questions them. Mostly. Such fucking losers. Hell, even the ones with no talent at all are still having no problem.

Sure I too might get furious (at first) for finding out a favourite actress of mine has a boyfriend but I wouldn't question her skills and try to devalue her. This is fucking pathetic. Wake up cry boys, %99 of you doesn't even have the chance to meet her, let alone marry her, LOL. Oh and what does these moaners have effect on anything anyway? It's not like she's a product. Anime she'll voice act with can't possibly be watched less just because of her. I think this part in anime is a bit exaggerated.

Whatever. I'm sure everything will be fine, I just wanted to get this out of my system.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
May 16, 2014 8:31 PM

Apr 2010
Only in Japan would it cause a huge problem for a female voice actress to admit to having a boyfriend because of the all the obsessive freaks that'd feel betrayed.

Could you imagine something like that happening in US or UK?

They really are a weird bunch, I'm sure glad I don't live there.
Jun 6, 2014 12:35 AM

Jan 2014
Woah, I cried at the end ;_;
Nov 11, 2014 3:44 PM

Jan 2013
Yes! This was great!
I always thought that it's bs that virgin thing surrounding idols/seiyuus, and they kicked it in a buck here.
Best episode of the series.
Aug 23, 2015 8:38 PM
Nov 2010
Finally! Finally! That ending was beautiful. The plot was wonderful. Everything is wonderful.
Mar 6, 2016 5:02 AM

Oct 2012
First I'm in love with seiyuu more than anything
What I really don't like is differentiating normal seiyuu with idol seiyuu
Both of them are seiyuu, they're fighting hard with their voices.. Never with their looks
I respect them all and their fans
Like few years ago, a popular female seiyuu got married.. The fans, male fans too support her
Hikasa Youko got married last year and announced it this year, she got supported by fans, ofc both males and females

It's not like you want to marry them
If they're happy, we're happy too.. That's seiyuu fans for me

For me seiyuu fans is the best.. They're really understanding...
They're truly supporting seiyuu not as person they want to marry or anything like that
But as a person that giving the fans better life something entertaining and indirectly giving the fans another reason to life another day

I really like Mashiro and Miho's relationship
If only there are some people like them, I would love to support them 101%, their relationship building truly beautiful
Rayl1ghtMar 6, 2016 5:06 AM
"Signature removed"
Mar 31, 2016 8:49 PM

Mar 2014
Broadcast to the whole world that your love is undeniable ~ . INDEED .
For her it's not about being a 'perfect' voice but an 'honest' voice true to herself .
It's Finally decided !! now it's about letting them know it . Understand it .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2015
yes this is what they worked so hard for and they're still fighting
oh so beautiful
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 21, 2016 8:24 PM

Sep 2015
Dam that was epic asf a crisis turned into a miracle I guess.
Feb 21, 2017 1:36 PM

Aug 2014
I believe in Azuki, they have been working too hard for some entitled guys to come and ruin it all.
Jun 5, 2017 5:54 AM

Apr 2009
This episode strongly reminds me of Kamiya Hiroshi, who's rumored to be married to a mangaka as well. He also addressed the rumor in his radio show after the frenzy it started, though he neither denied nor comfirmed the rumor and that angered some fans even more, because they think he's lying to them.
He is a middle-aged guy, it's only natural, and I don't see a problem for him admitting it so. If fans leave him because of that, then good riddance.
The whole policy that idols aren't allowed to be in a love relationship in Japan is really ridiculous. I never cared much about Azuki as a character, but it's admirable how she dealt with it, must've taken a lot of strength and courage.
shiroi-ookamiJun 5, 2017 5:58 AM
Jul 23, 2017 1:24 AM

Nov 2011
Emotionally charged ep, too bad its ending soon, pacing has been a bit too fast in recent eps, glad it got toned down here, hopefully nothing messed up like stalkers or assault happens in later ep, it is a possibility.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 21, 2017 5:59 AM

May 2016
I was so touched damn ~^-^~
Dec 10, 2018 6:19 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Love on air, great episode one more time!!!1
Feb 9, 2019 4:25 AM

May 2015
Fantastic Great Episode
Apr 5, 2019 4:49 AM

Sep 2016
The crazy otaku fan scared me. I can understand how sad some fans would feel, but going this far is too much.

I like how the couple handled this situation. A quite emotional ep, 5/5.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

322 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
May 6, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

116 by I-yas-yes »»
Apr 1, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

62 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 31, 3:21 PM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2013

78 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 30, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Bakuman. 3 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 15, 2012

66 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 29, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.