Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 23, 2012 8:16 AM

Aug 2011
Really nice ending. I was expecting this series to be good from all the good reviews, and I wasn't disappointed.
Mar 9, 2012 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
Excellent show. Just superb. The realistic ending was truly the right approach, even though I wanted Balsa and Chagum to stay together and live their lives alongside Tanda, but that just wouldn't of had been realistic considering their character's personalities. It would of had seemed like a forced happy ending.

Amazing series, amazing OST, amazing characters, I really enjoyed this one. 9/10
Mar 17, 2012 1:15 AM
Nov 2011
Ah, nice conclusion. The anime was good, I must say. It had a decent plot and an amazing character (Balsa); the only thing I didn't liked was the anime's pacing. Anyhow, 7/10 ought to be good.
May 15, 2012 1:17 PM

Apr 2011
Great series, enjoyed it a lot. 8/10
Adam_RNov 22, 2012 1:06 PM
May 27, 2012 7:42 AM
Apr 2011
I teared when Chagum broke out in tears the moment he saw Balsa :( It was so touching for her to give him the option of staying or going with her and he chose to walk the hard road and become a man on his own.
I actually really wanted Chagum to just drop all that crown prince thing and go with Balsa :( But that would obviously just throw realistic-ness out the window, lol. It's really nice to see Chagum grow from a little boy to a man (metaphorically); I remember when Balsa first saw him and he cowered and was scared at everything..Now, he's in charge of his life and standing on his own two feet :') I'm sure he'll never forget about Balsa and vice versa.

Side note, I really want an OVA or something showing like 10 years later how Chagum is going in the palace and whether Balsa/Tanda are together hehehe.
Jun 24, 2012 11:57 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, such a solid show! A little on the kid's pov sometimes, and I kind of waited for more action after the first few episodes, but that should have been predictable from a novel basically aimed at kids. All the rest was just gorgeous, pure and simple. Balsa kept reminded me of Michiko <3. The only painful part was the opening song, such a shame because the opening is beautiful otherwise.

Looking forward to read the other novels in Japanese!
Jun 28, 2012 9:46 AM

Dec 2008
Good ending and I loved the goodbye and Tanda and balsa will most likely get together after she takes care of matters in Kanbal b/c she has to go back to her & jiguro's place of birth to fix past mistakes and put his soul at rest.

Overall 10/10
Aug 9, 2012 6:20 AM
Jul 2018
It's so sad to know that there isn't a second season of Moribito. I wonder if they'll ever animate the other books.
Anyway, I bought the first two english-translated novels and I'm gonna read them soon. Too bad they didn't translate the others.

Best anime I ever seen. 10/10.
Aug 18, 2012 12:41 PM

Jul 2011
Edit 4: 2016 rewatch and re-read of the novel ending.
The overall ending with the Rarunga is similar (throwing the egg up - except Tanda did it), but plenty of details in the last episode or two were changed. Also, there was less character development in the book... I would say the adaptation of the ending was just fine though. Although Balsa's final conversation with Tanda was sadly not included. I think Kamiyama Kenji needed one more episode, because the way he adapted the birth of the egg was quite meh. Other than that, I think the anime is superior. The novellacks the characterization, and the character personalities are different. Chagum is actually whiney and cries in the book more often, while Balsa is less stoic and more expressive... Kamiyama Kenji did a wonderful job making the anime adaptation imo, and I liked Touya and Saya (anime original characters - the city episodes were pretty much original :P).

As for Chagum's encounter with Balsa, that was true to the book. The reason he refused Balsa's offer was because he felt like that phase of his life, tied to his fate of being the Guardian, was over. He had to return to his old life now and say farewell to Balsa.

I've also read the second book, and I'm really hoping for an adaptation. There's no Chagum, but it focuses on Balsa's home country and I thought it was better executed than the first book. We can always hope, right? I'd love a revival of the novel series.
MirorinJan 23, 2016 10:27 PM
Sep 18, 2012 8:21 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Really enjoyed this anime. The story was well put together and avoided a happy ever after ending. Balsa and Chagum are really well developed characters and the music was good too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 27, 2012 7:44 AM
Aug 2012
EratiK said:
Wow, such a solid show! A little on the kid's pov sometimes, and I kind of waited for more action after the first few episodes, but that should have been predictable from a novel basically aimed at kids. All the rest was just gorgeous, pure and simple. Balsa kept reminded me of Michiko <3. The only painful part was the opening song, such a shame because the opening is beautiful otherwise.

Looking forward to read the other novels in Japanese!

Wow damn straight me too!! I was wondering if I was the only one who though Balsa kind of has a resemblance of Michiko from Michiko to Hatchin, or vice versa depending on which anime was there first. This is by far the best anime I have come across. I love realism, wonder why there aren't many shows like this.

Also, that Emperor really pissed me off, such arrogance!!! His third wife on the other hand (Chagum's mother) was a nice character, a sincere, loving and caring mother. You could easily see at the end how everything was so awkward and then she just quietly whispered, "Thank you, Balsa!" For me that was just wow!
Oct 19, 2012 3:55 PM

Nov 2011
This series. THIS SERIES WAS AMAZING.

Ok, I kinda felt sorry for Tanda but it looks like Balsa is happy with her task complete. Chagum doesn't look too happy though but whatever. Overall, I found this series pretty amazing with the animation, story, characters, and the OP song which I listened to several times. So..8/10

^I'd follow her with a heartbeat
Mar 25, 2013 8:28 PM
Aug 2007
Man, that was great. Great storytelling, great characters and some of the best animation I've ever seen.

I really liked the ending and how their final farewell was handled. I also wished for a happy ending between Tanda and Balsa, but it seems like she's off to Kanbal again..

I didn't know there was more source material to this, but it is hopeless to wish for a second season now. Its been 6 years, and I'll never get round to reading the novels, so I guess I am quite disappointed that the story ends here for me :/
Jun 9, 2013 7:54 PM

May 2012
I originally saw the first few episodes, several years back but couldn't finish it because I lost track of the series. So when I saw it on hulu, I started all over again and now that I've finished it I'm a bit disappointed. After Balsa and Chagum were believed to be dead, things started to drag a bit and I was more interested in Jiguro's story than the main one. The whole battle with the La Lunga was very anticlimactic. Through and through, I really did like the characters though and I appreciate that it ended in a realistic way as opposed to happily ever after. 7/10
Jun 11, 2013 10:35 AM

Jan 2012
It definitely was an ending that felt real but bittersweet as hell, it's like they kept coming up with new stuff to crush my hopes.

What? This is only one novel of ten? So much story to know about, I might buy the books even if I'll just stare at them, I have plenty of time to one day know how to actually read them.
Jun 11, 2013 4:00 PM

Dec 2012
I swore to myself that I wouldn't cry in this anime, but I guess I can't seem to hold it every time I watch touching scenes xD
I wasn't expecting an end like this one, but I'm glad it ended this way, though.
Liked the story pretty much and the soundtrack was really amazing as well :)
Jun 27, 2013 2:25 PM

Sep 2009
Ugh... tears!!! :'(
Jun 29, 2013 8:39 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Brilliant anime ;__; I cried so much, starting from when Balsa, Tanda, and Torogai were getting their rewards. Balsa kept looking at Chagum, and Chagum looked over once, but you can see how frustrated he was that all he could do was sit there. And then I cried even harder when Chagum ran towards Balsa, hugging her, saying that he doesn't to be the crown prince, and he wants to stay with her. So heartwarming and sad. Their relationship is beautiful. But of course, Chagum has to bear the burden of being the crown prince, and eventually, the mikado. It's sad how different the difference in their status basically means that they won't ever meet again (though I don't know about the novels). Even though it's been 6 years since the anime came out, I am still hoping for a second season, even if Chagum might not be in it. Also, I love how Tanda said that he would wait for Balsa, since he's not going anywhere, and then Touya said that being too patient can be a bad thing X)

Overall, I really enjoyed this anime, from the very first episode to the last, not for a second was I even bored. The animation was clean and fluid, the music was not only great but fit the atmosphere perfectly, the characters were all so lovable, and the storytelling was just amazing. I can't believe I haven't decided to watch this earlier, but now that I have, I see why it has gotten so much praise. I will definitely miss this, and will rewatch someday. Now I will be off brooding and going through some serious Seirei no Moribito withdrawals.
Jul 5, 2013 10:35 PM

May 2011
Great series since episode one. It was fluid through the whole 26 episodes. The art, sounds and characters were all very enjoyable. I liked the ending, it was realistic and very well done.

9/10
Aug 22, 2013 5:48 PM

Jan 2012
amazing end. T_T
This last episode was just well done. Props Production I.G.
I bought this blindly, because it was on sale for 10 bucks; boy was I lucky!! The story was amazing from the first episode till the last, it wasn't full of cliche's or plot twists which aren't really 'twists'. It just had that feel that you can't really describe, other than just the show being amazing.
Just want to say that Balsa has been such an awesome character, tbh, she's my favourite female protagonist!! Spear wielder FTW!!!
though most people would agree ^^
Won't rate this show straight away- going to wait a while for the feelings to sink in. Though its going to be either a 9 or 10.
Amazing series, and i'll defo rewatch this.
Sep 1, 2013 1:13 AM

Jul 2009
Welp, that's that. The Mikado guy was an asshole to the end. And hey if that fabricated their history for centuries, surely they can do it again and not give Balsa the honour she deserves. Oh well. If I was Chagum, I'd overthrow the king in a few years and make Balsa a general or something. Heh.

7/10 for creating an incredible setting/world but at the end of the day, it just didn't really do much for me. It was a good show though. I think this is the perfect example of a show that has come full circle and I honestly can't say I'm too fond of it. Not much else to wonder or ponder about and the victory was kind of like 'yay, good triumphs over... nature', as there really was no 'evil' in the story but ignorance.
KurogashiSep 1, 2013 1:25 AM
Nov 16, 2013 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
Splendid ending with enough closure to make the story complete while leaving things open enough to speculate on what each character will do next. The art was stunning, the characters were very down to earth - Chagum had excellent development and I hope he continues to take Balsa's teaching to heart when he eventually becomes the next mikado. The story was very enriching as well. I also like how they fit in very subtle things that contributed to the overall experience. It's a shame the mikado didn't take the lessons of that ordeal to heart, but I'm sure Balsa prefers going low profile so she can visit Jiguro's grave.

I also like how it wasn't a story of good and evil, but a cycle of life. I'm glad I ended up rewatching this instead of giving it an arbitrary score based on vague memories. Easily bumping this from my 8 on a whim to a 9/10, very memorable series.
Dec 26, 2013 4:48 PM

Nov 2013
Solid ending for a great anime. After watching the disappointment that was Kemono no Souja Erin (which was adapted from a series of novels by the same author as Moribito), I was pleased that Moribitio did not just meet my expectations, but surpassed them greatly.

The world building in this anime was incredible. Even with the elements of mysticism sprinkled throughout, the setting was believable because of the attention to detail and the presence of history, culture, and geography. The excellent storytelling only enhanced the experience, with several memorable scenes and few clichés. As for the main characters, they were likeable and received a fair amount of development, but Chagum was definitely the star of the show - what a great kid!

Both the art and animation were beautiful, and the few action sequences we saw were top notch and actually mattered. The OST wasn't splendid or anything, but it did its job.

Granted, I was expecting a plot of larger scale and a more intense climax, but when it ended, I accepted the fact that this anime is more about the journey than the destination. And damn, was it a journey. I'm also glad that there was no final clash between good and evil or anything. Just another thing that makes this anime shine.
Jan 29, 2014 4:53 PM

Sep 2013
I've really enjoyed this anime. Loved it.
Feb 5, 2014 3:35 PM

Jan 2014
Actually, I liked the unclimatic ending. So many series and movies have a climatic ending forced upon them. Seirei stayed true to its nature. This show has always been about the journey (of the characters) rather than the destination.

Kurogashi said:
Welp, that's that. The Mikado guy was an asshole to the end. And hey if that fabricated their history for centuries, surely they can do it again and not give Balsa the honour she deserves. Oh well. If I was Chagum, I'd overthrow the king in a few years and make Balsa a general or something. Heh.

The Mikado was never an asshole. Just watch some of the earlier episodes again and note his reaction to Sagum's death or when he (re-)orders Chagum to be killed.

He is just tough as nails. Ultimately he is right though; he knows how to govern a country. Whatever mistakes he makes like ordering Chagum's death in the first place, and later ordering the deaths of Balsa & Co., he makes because he doesn't have the right information. That taken into account he allways makes the right decision with the information he does have.

Chagum at least understood this, as shown by his defensive attitude at the summer festival, and the other characters probably did too.

Kurogashi said:
Not much else to wonder or ponder about and the victory was kind of like 'yay, good triumphs over... nature', as there really was no 'evil' in the story but ignorance.

True, but argueably ignorance is the world's greatest enemy.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Feb 16, 2014 7:44 AM

Nov 2009
Loved it. 9/10.

Feel bad for Tanda in the end but kind of feel like it is more fitting than if she did decide to "settle down".

Anyways, the scenery, the setting, the action scenes and just the overall atmosphere of this series were all amazing! I originally gave this an 8/10 due to the fillers but I feel like even with them (I did enjoy them but fillers would lower it) I could excuse it so decided to raise it to a 9.

My one gripe actually would have to be with how her spear, she was given that ultimate weapon however aside from one filler they never really spent any time mentioning anything about it.
Pirating_NinjaFeb 17, 2014 3:05 PM
Feb 23, 2014 3:26 PM

Dec 2011
I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love this series so much from beginning to the end. Excellent story, excellent pacing, excellent female leader.
Seriously Balsa is one the best female leaders that I've ever seen. We need more Balsas nowadays.
Feb 23, 2014 8:41 PM

Feb 2010
Tasuku- said:
I love love love love love love love love love love love love love love this series so much from beginning to the end. Excellent story, excellent pacing, excellent female leader.
Seriously Balsa is one the best female leaders that I've ever seen. We need more Balsas nowadays.

Try Juuni Kokuki.
Mar 13, 2014 1:51 AM
Jul 2011
I saw this long ago but forgot to put it in my list until today, I remember the main reason I got into was because I saw a random clip on youtube of one of the brief, yet incredibly detailed and animated fight scenes from this show. I decided to check it out and see what else it had to offer.

Boy did I get more than I was bargained for with this series on top of "just good fight scenes". Good story and very moving final episode. Till this day Balsa is one of the females I instantly think of when the question "good, strong, and interesting female main anime leads" comes up.

It made me highly interested in the novels since there was much more of the story to cover in those. I hope the other novels are adapated in such quality as this one day.
May 7, 2014 4:21 AM

Apr 2012
Loved it. All characters are great(especially Balsa, Tanda, Chagum and toragai) even the side characters. None of the characters irritated me and they all felt natural.

Yonsa Balsa won my heart and i really wanted to read the novels now.
RedgraveGilverMay 8, 2014 5:28 AM
Jun 7, 2014 12:55 PM

Jun 2012
great anime enjoyed it
Jun 24, 2014 8:48 PM
Jun 2014
I find this anime really masterful.Some anime require patience to be watch fully.But this one carried me away.Like chagum when he step in the other world and was shocked.I find it a possibility that Chagum get asked by Balsa to stay with her forever.

Let us look at every inch of details,we got from this anime.Balsa was sixteen when jiguro told her that he loved her and loved the life they spend together.That motherly loved is here,i perfectly agreed with most peoples underlining such a detail.But without advancing too much.Like Balsa said:"Woman have that motherly loved whereas man lacks it."Chagum showed not only great wisdom in gambling which shows he won't get trap by peoples and that fatherly loved by understanding his water spirit and protecting it.

We will all agree,He have shown childish act when he tried to flee and cry in Balsa's arms to shows he was afraid of death.But who isn't?Imagine at your age someone speak of tales which till now always goes according to the situation,you are in.You are going to be tears apart,after being cut into two.There will be no one to defend you.

Tanda is a great guy.But from the way he spoken before the final episode.In the cave or grotto when there were waiting for the winter to end.My love for Balsa was a violent flame now is but a breeze.I love the way we are right now.Whereas Chagum told him why not sleep with her?He shown much more maturity than should tanda shows.

Didn't Balsa asked for Chagum to come with him and flee with her?
Why did he refuse?
With all due respect,It is understandable.Chagum knows it was his father who ordered his assassination.He had shown great protective nature towards his mother.When he woken up noticing his mother in tears.He knows if he flees his father would send assassin with target of killing Balsa.He do not wishes to risk her life.In a way he knows with his brother's death,He is now forced to take the crown.But didn't the emperor mention you are the hero?When Chagum mention Balsa with all his respect.Didn't his father deny him completely?This anime have a mix of mother love and a bit of couples love.Imagine chagum wanting to leave this castle,wanting to go with Balsa,learning from her and who knows the future?Sagum the brother of chagum already imagine his brother on the throne.He already saw the quality of his brother.Sagum and Chagum are both fitted for the throne.

This is how,I understood this anime.We are millions of peoples out there and our view differ from each others.
Aug 17, 2014 8:24 AM

Sep 2012
Good Anime & Good Ending, But Still, I wanted to see Tenda & Balsa settle down together, it was disappointing that they did not show that in the end, & also i wanted to see That Tribe Girl Nimuka Return & Hook up with Chagum & finally Sayu confessing her feelings to Touya, they could have done time skip & show us that, i bet when it comes to Chagum & Nimuka i bet Mikado would not be against it, he would see that as political marriage cause he is a asshole

Meany Animes Have shown Pairing in the end, & i mean the ones that are not romance anime's, it would be totally normal
Sugram22Aug 17, 2014 8:30 AM
Oct 5, 2014 5:40 AM

Dec 2013
I was really surprised in enjoyed this how i enjoyed. At the first i was like "meh" i think this will be just average material. Boy was i wrong, great character development, gread relationships development between the characters and great characters, and a calm feel about it. Great anime, but i wish the ending showed an grown up Chagum and a Balsa with Tanda with kids. Oh well still great. And Chagum will become a perfect emperor, he knows on contrary of all those people on the palace how their people live better then everyone. Would like a second season, but you probably ruin this, maybe a little ova to see how the characters where after this.
ViriathusOct 5, 2014 5:48 AM
Oct 17, 2014 2:38 AM

Jul 2013
This show is GROSSLY underrated. 9/10, borderline 10 material. It was an AMAZING journey. I just wish the sequels were animated as well...
Nov 14, 2014 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
What a beautiful and appropriate ending (minus the douchebag Mikado) to a fantastic series and an amazingly fulfilling adventure. I could have done with a little bit more of a conclusion on Balsa x Tanda but that's ok. After watching this series, I know one thing is for sure and that is that Moribito is the definition of an anime journey. From start to finish, I was completely absorbed into the diverse and intricate fantasy world and mythos that Moribito created along with all the lovable and deep characters fleshed out over 26 strong episodes. And the driver behind all this was without a doubt the sensational developing relationship between Balsa and Chagum which correlated with and paralleled the realistic growth of Chagum from a naive and sheltered young prince into a hero truly worthy of leading an entire country (much more so than his clown of a father and mikado).

I particularly loved how this show had a little bit of everything. Action, a well developed fantasy universe, fantastic characters, romance, and slice of life aspects. The list can go on and on. While the pace was a little inconsistent at times, you can't expect every episode to be full of excitement like the beginning or end of the series. Moribito is definitely an underrated series and should be watched by all fans of quality fantasy adventures.
Jan 1, 2015 8:41 AM

Oct 2012
Good shit. 9/10. Balsa...why you no love Tanda? Heh oh well. I loved it from start to finish. Teared up a lot over this show and I'm glad I watched it. Goodby by Balsa, Chagum, and Tanda.

Jan 16, 2015 4:45 PM

Jan 2013
Ahh no kiss scene with Balsa.
9/10 though, good ending.
Feb 7, 2015 9:09 PM

Oct 2013
Fantastic end to a fantastic series. Great story and setting and the main characters were really fleshed out, well developed and most importantly, realistic. Some of the lesser characters seemed to be ignored in that regard - development - but it really didn't take much out of the enjoyment.

Probably some of the best art given it's period, the backgrounds were stunning and most of all it looked realistic which only added to the immersion and entertainment. The animation of the fight scenes was phenomenal and the fight scenes, albeit very few, were some of the most enjoyable parts of the series.

Also a beautiful Kawai Kenji OST coupled with great sound effects. 9/10
Feb 16, 2015 12:31 PM
Aug 2014
Great show. Glad everyone made it out alive.
Feb 20, 2015 6:16 AM

Jul 2013
Wow,this was a really nice show .I loved the ending,it was very bitter sweet.For a second I thought Balsa was serious when she asked Chagum if he wanted to run away with her.I love how Chagum's matured and his good natured response to her.it would be nice to see a second season. T _T
Feb 21, 2015 3:45 PM

Dec 2013
Beautiful ending to this great series.

The landscapes, animation, fight scenes - truly amazing. Balsa was such a great character but others were really good too. Music was so fitting and atmospheric.
Mar 21, 2015 1:51 AM

Nov 2013
Good ending. Not great because it didn't truly captivate me like some of the other episodes did but it was still pretty good.

It's sad how the emperor doesn't give Balsa any credit for all of the things she did for Chagum.

Overall, this episode gets a 7/10 and this series gets a solid 8/10. Not amazing but it was still enjoyable even if it wasn't as action-packed and fast-paced as most anime I've seen.
FunnyRatmanMar 21, 2015 1:55 AM

Apr 7, 2015 9:10 PM

Sep 2013
Amazing! Simply amazing!

Awesome story, awesome characters.

Tanda needs to be praised. Same for Torogai and, obviously, Balsa.

Really, really nice.

An anime everybody should watch for sure.

A solid rate I give to it, no doubts.
May 13, 2015 3:50 PM

Jul 2013
Can't really decide between an 8 or a 9. Its story might not have been the most original or most spectacular story ever and I didn't like the last few episodes as much as the beginning/middle part, but it's still a great show. It's one of the most engrossing fantasy shows I've seen so far, thanks to its good world building, amount of little details, beautiful scenery, realistic characters and great soundtrack. Balsa also has to be one of my favorite main characters. It's a shame that only 2 books are translated, but I'll look them up (one day) for sure.
Jun 24, 2015 8:37 PM
Jun 2015
I really liked the ending and am hoping for a second season!
I think it would be great if Balsa came back after accomplishing what she set out to do in the last episode and began living with or marrying Tanda. Maybe have Chagum become ruler and Balsa an instructor for his militia, or perhaps the top ranking bodyguard and trainer.
They could travel to other countries to gain allies leaving Shuga in charge when they traveled. That way they could have more adventures together and Chagum's training could continue.
Jun 30, 2015 9:29 AM

Mar 2012
Spear is better than sword indeed.
Wonderful Fantasy Adventure with likable characters.

9/10
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jul 15, 2015 7:01 AM
Mar 2015
Amazing show. I loved the slow pacing of the episodes and the slice of life moments this show had even more than the action scenes. The relationship between balsa and chagum was beautiful. I am also very happy that there was no fanservice in this anime since it is rare to find an anime with a female lead and no fanservice.

One very unique thing about this show is how none of the characters were evil. Every single character was a good person in their own way. I don't think I can think of any other action show that did something like this.

Overall great show. Will give it either a 9 or a 10. Hoping for a season 2 sometime later.
Jul 29, 2015 4:48 PM
Jul 2015
Fionartan said:

I&#039;m a romantic at heart so I really did want to see Balsa stay with Tanda, but I think this worked out well. She still has something that she needs to do and who knows? She might find another child who needs her protection during the journey. Tanda has waited patiently for years, a couple more is certainly manageable. And Balsa&#039;s a wanderer so I don&#039;t think she&#039;s quite ready to settle down.

I do believe that she will return to Tanda at some point. I also think that Chagum may obey his father&#039;s orders for now, but once he becomes the mikado - he will renew his bonds with Balsa, Tanda, and Torogai (probably hoping to have a "sibling" that he can meet) afterall, when he&#039;s the man in charge no one can tell him who he can and cannot be friends with.

It seems that I'm a few years late, but:

About Balsa and Tanda, in the last episode, the very last words and actions of Balsa were looking back smiling and thinking "I should have had some of Tanda's wild vegetables stew before I left".

That means, that she's actually happily thinking of Tanda, therefore, I suppose, the writter wanted to show that she actually loves/like Tanda but since her personality is the tough one she will have to work it out.
Jul 31, 2015 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
Put it on hold three years ago when I was still watching long running shonens, found it boring back then, now I can only feel ashamed to have misjudged this master piece.
The thing is, unlike other pearls which drop your jaw by their quality or the sheer entertainment they provide, this anime doesn't feel like anything otherworldly good when you go through it. It surely isn't the most entertaining piece that the medium has to offer either, however, with some hindsight, this show show is amazingly deft at what it does. Props to Production I.G for this mature show.

I'd have probably been hyped for a season 2, IF THE SHOW WASN'T 6 YEARS OLD ... *feeling old*
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 26, 2007

50 by Om-Nom-Nom »»
May 31, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 15 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 24, 2007

47 by Safrichh »»
May 28, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 14 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 16, 2007

38 by Safrichh »»
May 15, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 1, 2007

54 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 12 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jun 30, 2007

45 by Safrichh »»
Feb 12, 8:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.