Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2007 9:45 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Its all over T_T

A very nice final episode. I was near tears after the meeting of Balsa and Chagum. I can't wait till scholastic starts releasing the novels. This story is solely on the first volume so lets hope for another season.

Overall: 9/10
Oct 17, 2007 10:26 PM

Mar 2007
Wow, that sucks that it is over. The episode was very good, and it felt quite complete. I kinda hoped it would have shown Tanda and Balsa living together or something, but it doesn't seem like something that Balsa would do.

... that would be awesome if there was another season
Oct 17, 2007 11:44 PM

Sep 2007
Sad this great series is over, but I definitely enjoyed the journey. I was kinda hoping it'd show Tanda and Balsa together, but I think it's close enough with the implied future for them.

And yes, I'd kill for a second season, if it was done as well as this one.
Oct 18, 2007 12:06 AM

Aug 2006
That was a good final episode. Overall, a great series, with some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen. I liked the ending, very fitting of Balsa to go on another journey. As for a second season, it would be great if there was one but I don't mind not having one either.
Oct 18, 2007 8:00 AM

Jun 2007
sad... i couldnt hold my tears when chagum and balsa parted ;(
i loved this show all the way through so i cant give it less than 10/10
Oct 18, 2007 8:02 AM

Oct 2006
I'm gonna miss my weekly episode of Moribito from now on... T_T

That was a really nice ending. Chagum's last meeting with Balsa was really touching. And I loved how Torogai "abused" from the King's hospitality :P

Faust721 said:
This story is solely on the first volume so lets hope for another season.
That would be quite awesome. Let's hope for it.

Anyway, overall this was one of the most solid shows I've watched so far, and one of the most entertaining. Great story and characters. 9/10.
Oct 18, 2007 8:52 AM

Apr 2007
What a nice episode, pretty relaxing, after all the tension in the past few eps.
I do wished an ending where Tanda and Balsa kinda make up together, but it just so like Balsa to set on another journey.
Chagum looked nice in that imperial dress, tho the King kinda piss me off, so cocky.
2nd Season would be best expected, awesome series with great char designs, development, storyline, animation.
Simply 10/10
Oct 18, 2007 10:09 AM

Aug 2007
Good last episode. They went for the solid and maybe the real ending. Maybe it was the best option in a more realistic point of view. Last Chagum great joke in Last episode.

9/10

I would like to give 10 but i felt kinda bored in some episodes. Still one of this spring best series if not the second one (sorry Terra E is unmatchable)
Oct 18, 2007 2:49 PM

Jun 2007
I'm going to miss Chagum. He can't really get mixed up with Balsa and her group anymore. The future of the kingdom lies on him. I knew he wouldn't join Balsa on her journey too because he such a great person, the perfect ruler. The same for Balsa ending up with Tanda, they're so perfect for each other yet Balsa doesn't seem like the type to settle down just yet. A happy ending for the two of them would've seem out of character. I do hope for another season and follow Balsa into Kanbal and see what she's set out to do.

Oct 18, 2007 9:01 PM
Aug 2007
This episode was certainly a lot better than 25 was, and quite a satisfactory way to finish up the show (though it never reached the dramatic climax I had hoped). The scene where Balsa and Chagum said goodbye was perfect; the way there relationship has been developed over the course of the show is one of its greatest strengths, and the poignancy of this scene exemplifies this. The visual splendour of the show is back in full force this episode, with evocative landscapes, and the directing being used to create a strong sense of atmosphere.
Oct 18, 2007 10:33 PM
Oct 2007
I really want to see the second novel to be animated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardian_series

Though sadly even if it is, doesn't look like Chagum will be part of it just according to that description. Though I could be wrong I hope.
Oct 19, 2007 6:07 PM

Jun 2007
Loved it! Awesome series
Oct 19, 2007 9:28 PM

Sep 2007
This is definitely one of my faves due to its great characters, great art, great music and finally its great story. I really hope for a 2nd season and to see how tanda and balsa get to together.
Oct 19, 2007 10:15 PM

Aug 2007
This has got to be one of the best series I've watched recently. 10/10
Oct 19, 2007 10:43 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Great show. I was really hoping for a flash forward to see Chagum older and stuff. I still think he should age by like..7-8 years and marry Balsa. Tanda is cool and all, but come on, Chagum should get Balsa. :D
Oct 20, 2007 4:20 AM
Oct 2007
Hum I don't know, I'm kind of a Tanda fan, though maybe Chagum should at least get his way once or twice that couldn't heart.
Oct 20, 2007 12:00 PM

Nov 2006
Xinil said:
Great show. I was really hoping for a flash forward to see Chagum older and stuff. I still think he should age by like..7-8 years and marry Balsa. Tanda is cool and all, but come on, Chagum should get Balsa. :D

You're right. Chagum and Balsa.
-
Dec 17, 2007 5:19 AM

Dec 2007
A perfect ending to a prefect series. I was wishing that somehow Balsa, Tanda and Chagum could all end up together in the beautiful little surrogate family they had formed, but from the moment that Chagum's older brother died, it was obvious that he would have to become the next emperor if he survived the egg, and there would be no way for all of them to stay together.

Xinil said:
I still think he should age by like..7-8 years and marry Balsa. Tanda is cool and all, but come on, Chagum should get Balsa. :D

I assume you are just joking. I mean, Balsa is like a second mother to Chagum, so such a releationshio would just be soooo wrong! :-P
Feb 6, 2008 4:53 PM

Jan 2008
I wept! T_T
Mar 5, 2008 7:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I just can't wait until the LAST 4 novels of the Guradian Series can be animated!!!

Here are some prespective

Of course, MANY interesting should happen before this. Since I haven't read anything, except summaries on Wiki, there is some level of extrapolation....(like Chagum's escape is not explicitly mentioned but deduceable....)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 22, 2008 12:14 AM

Mar 2008
I have to say, that was one of the best ending episodes that I have seen. They concluded the anime with nearly no questions unanswered.

It sucks though, that the series had to end. I just loved the fight scenes when had them and even when they didn't. I was a very intense and ,I guess I can say emotional, anime through out the seres (I didn't want to stop but I had to sleep lol).

This has to be one of the best anime series that I have seen in a long long time. It would be so awesome if they had a second series but I highly dout it.
May 2, 2008 5:21 AM

Feb 2008
Lots of praise here and well, I'm in full agreement with it all. This show was consistently incredible from the start and to the finish. Definitely one of my favorites.

I also wanted to see Tanda and Balsa possibly end up together, but as some are saying it would be slightly out of character for Balsa I guess. Either way, it does seem implied for the future.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realize ... there's really nothing wrong with this ending at all. Definitely one of the best to a series out there.
EchelonMay 2, 2008 5:25 AM
Jul 14, 2008 5:34 PM

May 2008
I simply loooooooooooooooved this series!!!
One of my favs...

The ending was proper...and I didn´t feel that showing the future would make it better...
I´m sure Balsa and Tanda stay together...but showing it is unecessary...they´re already tied up!

10/10!
Jul 17, 2008 9:42 AM

May 2008
Gd I am sad that I finished this series. It was so gooooood! I love this anime because by the end of episode 26 I was teary eyed. An anime that can bring out emotions in a true man like myself cannot be passed up! God I wish there would be a second season. Now I need something to watch thats in comparison in quality to this anime... my search starts now!
Jul 20, 2008 8:52 PM
May 2008
another great anime came to an end. and as everyone did, i wept too. a little bit. honest. my sis did say i bawl like a baby but i didn't. >_<

anyways, as much as i love how things end up, i felt it was not much of a conclusion. perhaps it's just me wanting Balsa and Chagum to stay together but that ending is bit too plain. still, as i said, a great anime needs a great end. not the simple plain end. and episode 26 really had given me the perfect end for this awesome anime.
Aug 2, 2008 9:08 PM
Feb 2008
GOD! I can't believe it! Such a great show! It's cool and all how Chagum doesn't exert his royalty over Balsa at the end--just goes to show that he is still true to her and loves her very much. I can still remember Chagum teaching Tohya how to play that one gambling game =) lol. Such good memories. 10/10
Aug 11, 2008 10:50 AM

Oct 2007
That was a great series.
I feel empty after that ending, I hate when good animes end
kind of hoping for a 2nd season now.

Aug 27, 2008 12:26 PM

Oct 2007
Good anime, the ending was decent

Aug 30, 2008 2:46 AM

Jun 2008
Great series, the ending felt just about right.

I would definitely watch another season.

Sep 4, 2008 8:46 AM

May 2008
I finished this series last night and it is definitely going straight into my favourites! I'd give it 100% for pure enjoyment and 9/10 overall.

The final scene with Chagum, Balsa, Tanda and Torogai was a beautifully done goodbye. It was so sad, but I loved that you see how strong a character Chagum had become; after Balsa shows him that she would put her life in his hands and risk everything again if he asked to be free of his fate as Emperor, he has the mettle to stand up and face his responsibility without running away. The way Tanda and Torogai nod in agreement when Chagum looks at each of them is so touching too :)

I was sad but not surprised that Balsa and Tanda didn't stay together. Secretly I hope Balsa will return to Tanda after her travels, but really I think they both missed their chances ... Tanda would probably be happier in the long run if he didn't wait and moved on instead.

(-1 point overall because I feel the La Lunga themselves were not visualised very well. Once you get a proper look at them they seem too cumbersome to be fearsome. I think the artists should have aimed for less alien and more "ancient menace" ... a surprisingly lapse in artistic judgement for something that was otherwise so very well made)
Oct 28, 2008 4:07 PM
Jul 2008
I felt alot of emotions going through this anime series... for me thats what really makes a good anime....
The ending was definitly satifactory concidereing the fact that this is only the anime adaptation of the first volume of the novel...

Like everyone else i would a=have liked to see tanda and balsa get together but im hoping that happens in the next volume of the novel and hopefully in the next season of the anime... (its such a good anime they shld ave a second season)...

From the books tho... we definitly get to see more of everyone including chagum and even the seond empress...

Nov 16, 2008 5:23 AM

Nov 2008
Definitely one of the best series I've ever seen.

During the last scenes, when Balsa asked Chagum: "Would you run away with me again?", I've hoped so much that Chagum would agree to that. And, of course, it'll be a great way to open to the 2nd Season (Which I hope there'll be, one day)... :)P

Surely one can talk about his responsibility as the Crown Prince and all. Or how he's the only son left now to carry the weight of the Empire... But, still... *Sigh*... It's a dilemma within me...

Chagum would be and will be a great Emperor, unlike his father. I know for sure Yogo will become much more prosperous under his reign. And I wish the current Emperor would go die in a fire, he's a shameful example for every Kings...

At the same time, I'd love to see Chagum as a commoner boy too. Would love to see him running around with Tohya and Saya. They are still little kids after all. They deserve to have their own carefree moments and fun. Life isn't all by the book, you know!...

Back about Balsa and Tanda, I was a bit sad seeing they still haven't got married, lol. But oh well, maybe she will, in the 2nd season. And perhaps the 2nd season will involve Balsa and Tanda's child too. :P Just like Chagum predicted. ^^
The wind is my voice, the moon is my heart. I'm here... So close to you... - "Lullaby", Yuki Kajiura
Nov 16, 2008 5:31 AM

Nov 2008
Xinil said:

Uhmmmmmmmm... No. I don't think it'd be a good idea. It'd be almost like saying Jigoro would have married Balsa in the past, concerning how deeply he cared for her, and at some point it almost didn't look much like a Father-Daughter relationship.

With that said, it'll ruin the whole scope of the movie. Seirei no Moribito is a PURE masterpiece. We'd love to keep all other kind of funny thoughts away from this series. You can imagine all sort of things when in other series, but no, not in Seirei no Moribito. It's perfect as it is.

Moreover, Tanda has done a lot for Balsa over the years. And Balsa to Chagum is a Mother-Son relationship. It's best to keep it that way. They would be the perfect parents for Chagum.

Changing the age of Chagum and made him fall in love with Balsa, you'll have a whole different story, it won't be Seirei no Moribito anymore. And I probably wouldn't have given it 10/10 anymore.

So... :P Lets embrace the greatness Seirei no Moribito already offered us and be grateful we get to see such a marvelous series. :)

The wind is my voice, the moon is my heart. I'm here... So close to you... - "Lullaby", Yuki Kajiura
Dec 28, 2008 2:41 PM

Apr 2008
so, it has ended
great show, great story telling & overall very well done

I hope there will be a 2nd season.
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Dec 30, 2008 12:42 PM
May 2008
Xinil said:
I still think he should age by like..7-8 years and marry Balsa. Tanda is cool and all, but come on, Chagum should get Balsa. :D

Doesnt she mention that shes about 29 or 30 years old in the anime? And chagum is about 12.. thats 18 year difference.. and shes like a second mother to him!

I loved this series, and if there are more books, then another season is bound to be made! Cant wait!
Jan 15, 2009 5:10 AM

Jul 2008
The series was great, I was intrigued and entertained the whole way through. Tanda definitely deserves more play than what he got from Balsa. Overall 9/10 for the series.
Jan 30, 2009 4:49 AM

Nov 2007

gRr,, i g\hate the ending., i want tanda to end up with barusa(balsa) .. *sad!
Jan 31, 2009 12:00 AM

Aug 2007
10/10

imo.. the short and exciting fight scenes made up for the random boring moments. Looking forward to a second season. Hopefully with more of those beautifully animated fights.
Feb 3, 2009 6:37 AM

Jan 2009
Great series, I gave it a 9/10. Once those two of the eight warriors told them to use the side exit I knew without a doubt that a final secret meeting with Chagum had been set up.I also agree with everyone that Balsa/Chagum together would have been terrible. It's a mother/son relationship as it should be. I still think that Balsa could end up with Tanda sooner than later. I think she was either going back to her homeland to clear her father's name or possibly going to let Jiguro know that she had fulfilled her promise to save eight lives for the ones he was forced to take. Either way neither of these things should take years, even the part with her father since it is mentioned that the corrupt king has died already. The ending for Chagum was exactly right. Even with everything Balsa did for him she is still a person that he has known for maybe a year while his mother is still his mother. They would have taken the unrealistic, sappy way out by having him choose Balsa. Great job by all involved in this anime.
Feb 3, 2009 11:56 AM

Sep 2008
A very good ending to a wonderful show.
This show made it into my top 5 after watching. It has everything that I like character development, fantasy,drama, fighting, and a little romance.
Balsa is a very strong main character, really intriguing.

It's just a wonderful show!
Feb 12, 2009 7:32 PM

Aug 2008
In the ending, it is mentioned that Balsa went back to Kanbal because there was someone there that only she could...
Why did she go back? Who was that person that only she could...???

I will live on no matter what... so I can meet you once again.
Feb 15, 2009 9:23 AM

Mar 2008
AnimeKraze said:
In the ending, it is mentioned that Balsa went back to Kanbal because there was someone there that only she could...
Why did she go back? Who was that person that only she could...???

I dont think there was a special reason. She had attoned for the eight lives and she probably goes back to Jiguros grave to put his spirit at ease or w/e.

Im gonna miss:

I WANNA SHINE ON YOU!!!11
Feb 15, 2009 9:25 PM

Aug 2008
they shud make a prelude just for jiguro's story with Balsa =) like a entire 13 or more eps on it.

Feb 16, 2009 2:07 PM

Jan 2009
What he says is "There's another person that only she can put to rest."

That's what leads me to believe that it is either her father or Jinguro. It would be her father either by finally clearing his name or letting him know that she is OK, both of which she can do now since it was mentioned earlier in the series that the corrupt king has died and she should be able to go back to her homeland. Or it may be going back to let Jinguro know that she has finally saved the eight lives she swore to save to make up for the Spears that he had to kill to protect her.
Feb 18, 2009 2:57 PM

Aug 2008
junitodx said:

That's what leads me to believe that it is either her father or Jinguro. It would be her father either by finally clearing his name or letting him know that she is OK, both of which she can do now since it was mentioned earlier in the series that the corrupt king has died and she should be able to go back to her homeland. Or it may be going back to let Jinguro know that she has finally saved the eight lives she swore to save to make up for the Spears that he had to kill to protect her.

Bro thx alot 4 that, the subber which subbed my anime sux and from subtitles I got "There's a person that only she can"
Now it makes perfect sence.
Thx again =)

Feb 18, 2009 5:38 PM

Jan 2009
AnimeKraze said:
junitodx said:

Bro thx alot 4 that, the subber which subbed my anime sux and from subtitles I got "There's a person that only she can"
Now it makes perfect sence.
Thx again =)

No problem, I actually have the KAA version sitting on my PC (and on DVD and on an external, that's how much I liked the series) so I paused it on that part so I could get the quote word for word. Now as far as what it means those were just my two guesses but they both seem to make sense. I wish I knew which one it was.
On a separate note at the end when Tanda notices something outside the hut I was really hoping it was Balsa coming back to him. I was hella pissed when it was only clouds signifying that the drought was over.
Mar 9, 2009 7:29 PM

Jan 2008
What a treasure of story-telling this was. a real delight to watch. Wish I had found a 720p version, But what I found was still quite good.

I Slowly marathoned this over an entire week, repeating some scenes, and a couple whole epi's. I'm sure to rewatch this again within a year.

Really glad I listened to the reviews, and sorry it took me so long to get to this fine anime.
Mar 11, 2009 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
Yup, great anime. Anime-Kraze dvd rip is probably the best version available right now.
Apr 3, 2009 7:53 AM

Aug 2008
I was looking around for vintage titles and I came across this one. I was wondering at first of why this show is not that popular. Although, the ratings did show that this series is good. I decided to pick this one just for the fun of it.

However, I was not expecting that this show is a hidden gem. I can't find any other shows that will even keep me from the edge of my seat every time. This show really rocks in terms of story and character development.

Therefore, this entire series will get a perfect 10 from me.

Apr 7, 2009 6:47 PM

Feb 2009
Nice. Now to find something as good gonna be hard.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 1, 2007

54 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 15 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 24, 2007

46 by WIIXAnd »»
Feb 26, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 12 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jun 30, 2007

45 by Safrichh »»
Feb 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mild_even - Jun 18, 2007

55 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:54 PM

» Why does balsa leave for kambal in the end (her hometown)

Kitsune_089 - Dec 13, 2023

9 by KitsuFrost »»
Jan 5, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.