Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 5, 7:08 AM

Nov 2011
The new OP song is great, just as well performed like the first one imo.

Frieren and the party ran into some terrible weather but I like how to make the most of their time together. This show is so back with the character chemistry. I also love how everyone cares about each other, like when Frieren stayed by Fern's side when she got sick. A light emotional episode.
Jan 5, 7:09 AM

May 2020
Well, we were building up for something like that since the last time, I mean from the moment we got to know Sein’s sworn friend could be in the northern plains, which quite unfortunately is in the opposite direction of their destination, of Frieren’s party that is. But good to see the heavens delayed it as much as they could’ve… Sein’s departure.

Though hey, liked how even through to the end Sein acted like a proper guardian to Stark and Fern. I mean it’s really something to mend childish fights between two kids lol. Fern and Stark might continue acting that way, but it’s fine, as that just shows how close they’re. As for the inevitable, Sein departed and the party’s again reduced to three. It was good for the while it lasted, so goodbye Sein.

“Just get together already”, we all get you Sein. Lol. Anyways, with the departure done the second half was kind of aftereffects of that cold weather lol. Fern being the poor she is, caught one, but hey mama Frieren treated her well. Not just by holding her hands, but by making her important herbs too.

Doesn’t matter how old she gets, she’ll be a kid to Frieren after all lol. Nice comeback, and the opening sounded decent I guess. As for the ED, guess it's just the extended version with different visuals.
Jan 5, 7:33 AM
Nov 2020
Frieren Friday is back! And it's still good as ever
Jan 5, 7:58 AM

Apr 2010
Sein went his own way, tho i did expect he would leave the group at some point.
The group didn't travel much this episode tho seeing they were stuck in the snow and Fern got sick.
But it was still a nice episode and we learned a few new things about Frieren.
Jan 5, 8:05 AM

Feb 2021
Let's gooo this is back!
The new OP is really good! There's a ton of new characters! And they are showing the suspicious-looking elf that showed up only once in the first OP much more, interesting.
9:15 LMAO THEY AKNOWLEDGED IT! Hell yeah! Me and everyone else are with Sein here!

12:54 Offen means "open" (Google translate)
The only thing bothering me is how no one wears hats during winter in this.
I love what Himmel said here. Everyone needs emotional support, no matter the age.
I'm really curious how and why only one house remained out of a whole village. I'll just hope that everyone moved somewhere else, and it's not something sad.
Oh, the ED is the same, but it seems like it's the second half of the song now! Nice.
Good episode. I'm going to miss Sein. Character interactions were great.
EmbientJan 5, 8:48 AM
Jan 5, 8:06 AM

Mar 2017
Great episode overall. Though the lack of Stark in OP and ED really hurt my feeling since Stark truly got sidelined so hard in the next arc (Even though I know it since I catch-up with the manga). Stark better got it's own screentime in the future arcs to make it balance. And one last thing, before they reach the Aureole, Sein better be reunited with them.
Jan 5, 8:07 AM

Oct 2014
WHY IS FRIEREN SO FCKING GOOD, MAN!
Jan 5, 8:16 AM
Jul 2023
Ah, the uncommon depiction of emotional support and emotional attachment.
Jan 5, 8:20 AM

Apr 2022
Goodbye, Sein :C

His wisdom is indispensable. But at least the new OP sounds good! Previous one was better, though...
felixsifuriJan 5, 8:30 AM
Jan 5, 8:23 AM
Apr 2022
Don’t like the new op. First one was better. Though this one is an improvement visually atleast. Sad the song isn’t good. Ending song is similar to the first but the second verse instead of the first. I like it song wise about the same but first cour had better visuals
Jan 5, 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
The 2nd Cour has begun with Yorushika's OP being a rather chill vibe, though in hindsight, I still prefer Yoasobi's OP.
Milet's ED stays the same, using the latter half of the song (being a mash-up) and new claymation visuals.

Despite Sein going on a journey to find Gorilla in AuBerst, he's stlll stuck by the trio, as Stark and Fern...get closer together as always. But bad weather forced them to stay together for longer, which isn't a really bad thing! But Frieren asking Sein to meditate between Stark and Fern for childish fights, he understands it all too well and guides as a guardian between the two. Of course, it's all in the name of love and romance that he SO BADLY wanted them both to make up and start dating, though it'll take time between them both. As for Frieren, she needs the push for adventuring to have fun, and Sein definitely felt the same. Once the cold wind subsides, Sein separates with Frieren, Stark and Fern, going to find Gorilla. All the best, Sein.

The Offen mountain range where Fern falls sick and Frieren doesn't want to wake up, he forces her to wake up by his cold hand. Trying to find medicinal herbs with the medicine book record from Sein, Frieren remembers a villlage they once visited so that Fern can recouperate. Still though, Frieren treats them both like children, though Fern will turn into an adult age soon. And reaching the icicle cherry blossom tree, is where they will find the mushrooms needed as ingredients for the medicine, apart from Frieren holding Fern's hands tightly, like Himmel does when she fell sick. And her recovery marks their continuation wayforward to AuBerst...for the major arc of the 2nd Cour: the First-Class Mage Exam.

A simple episode that is a small comeback.
KANLen09Jan 5, 8:32 AM
Jan 5, 8:29 AM
Jan 2022
Back to love Friday cuz Frieren is back..
New opening and change reff of ending song..
Jan 5, 8:33 AM
May 2021
Frieren Fridays r backk!! Beautiful ep!! <3 Frierenn.
Jan 5, 8:35 AM
Sep 2020
Another wholesome episode, the new opening and ending are very good too.
Jan 5, 8:42 AM

Jun 2017
The characters feel alive and human. I love how this series goes in depth and deals with them. This is one of the main strengths that this series has.

Beautiful ep as always. Every time we see Himmel, we realize how important those mere 10 years were for Frieren and how much they changed her.
Jan 5, 8:47 AM

Mar 2021
Another beautiful episode, am going to miss Sein he seems such a nice guy. Fern is so lucky to have Frieren and Stark with her to care for her when she is sick and the new ED Visuals are amazing
Jan 5, 8:48 AM
Aug 2020
this lovely anime is back

this 2 are really funny...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jan 5, 8:48 AM

Mar 2010
NEver hold someones fap hand tho lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 5, 8:54 AM

Jul 2011
The new OP is 100x better than the first one.

Now that Sein gone in his own adventure, if there is a new future party member, I hope isn't a basic human.

Frieren magically got a huge cauldron in the middle of the woods. Magic is magic.
Jan 5, 8:59 AM
Jun 2021
I am just happy that this is ranking higher than fmab
Jan 5, 9:03 AM

Oct 2017
Well damn Sein already left, sayonara and hope to see him again in the future. Fern and Stark with the usual stuff was cute, specially Fern pouting. Second half was really wholesome, even the short Himmel x Frieren flashback. New OP seemed okay, like the first one more. Good episode to start the second cour and looking forward to the next arc.
Jan 5, 9:12 AM

Mar 2023
Amazing. An episode about emotional support, which loosely connects the halfs (a typical thing for the show). We say goodbye to Sein, will miss him and I'm sure we'll see him again at some point.
Very heartwarming getting to experience this journey with the characters and how they develop

The visuals for the new ED are incredible
watsymJan 5, 9:24 AM
Jan 5, 9:24 AM

Jul 2016
Hey, the giant tortoise Stark fed is the same one Fern and Frieren met in Episode 2! (Or it's just a cousin that lives up north)

Gonna be lonlier without Goatee Priest around, but a ton of Fern and Stark shipping material is the best parting gift you could ask for (other than a guide to medicinal herbs I guess)
Jan 5, 9:26 AM
Aug 2019
sein is such npc, he didn't leave much impact for me in the show
Jan 5, 9:29 AM

Dec 2022
new ed lets goooo also we got a new op the op is more catchy than the last one
anyway the new breatiful ed aside it was comforting to see frieren holding frens hand it reminded me of my childhood oh how i would beg my parents to stay with me because i thought i was dying is still hilarious also fern just had to get sick just after sein left talk about impeccable timing for the cold though i hope we see sein return in the future episodes
ZaxphredJan 5, 9:32 AM
Jan 5, 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
A better solution would be sending a letter (or any magic that help long-distance communicating) to Sein's friend to quickly meeting at mage city and join the adventure together.
Jan 5, 9:37 AM

Apr 2016
YOASOBI's OP is still the best but the new OP visuals are incredible.
Jan 5, 9:40 AM

Mar 2023
Sousou no Frieren returns after the holiday break with a new opening performed by Yorushika (The Dangers in My Heart) in which viewers are shown many characters who have not appeared in the series to date. The colorful footage, like the first opening, features flashbacks of Frieren and not without Himmel.

Between Stark and Fern there is a "flash", because of which Sein utters a phrase with which any fan of the couple Stark x Fern will agree.

Sein leaves Friren's team and goes off on his own independent adventure, thus separating himself from his friends. Hopefully he'll be able to find his precious friend.
OmarumbaJan 5, 9:43 AM
Jan 5, 9:44 AM
Oct 2021
perfect start to a new arc!! i’ve missed my fridays
Jan 5, 9:45 AM

Mar 2016
I'm really gonna miss Sein, ngl. He was quite the good company while it lasted, but at least he's doing this out of his own will and not out of obligation.

He was spitting here regarding Fern and Stark, though....speaking for ALL of us, frankly 🤣🤣
Jan 5, 9:47 AM

Feb 2019
We’re back! New OP will probably grow on me. Not a bop like yuusha, but the visuals are really good

“Just start dating already” Sein is literally all of us at this point with stark and fern lol. Fern getting upset over the smallest things with Stark like kids in elementary school who have a crush on each other. Don’t dish the face rubs if you can’t take em!

Gonna miss Sein a lot. His personality made the journey even better and you can really feel how close he’s got to everyone in this short time. hopefully he finds his friend soon

Ah yes, the classic sick episode. All that travelling in the cold mountains definitely takes its toll on you. Fern’s entering that stage where she doesn’t want mommy to hold her hand when she’s sick anymore. Can’t be getting babied in front of your crush 😂

I love the flashback to Himmel doing that for Frieren when she was sick back in the day. Another way she can keep his memory alive and feel like she’s close to him still. Plus, like he said, it’s not just kids who like being taken care of when they’re sick. We all could use a little emotional support.

Luckily, Sein’s herbal medicine book came in handy and Frieren and Stark were able to find everything for a medicine for Fern.

Kind of a chill episode to start the second half of the show, looks like things will really get going next week. Excited

TFW no Elf mommy to touch my forehead when I’m sick .. fan artists gonna go crazy lol
Marinate1016Jan 5, 10:14 AM
Jan 5, 9:55 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The cleric decided to take his own course and left the group!(Editado)Recuperar original
kekeke
Jan 5, 9:57 AM
Sep 2016
A pretty good chapter to have Frienen back in 2024
Jan 5, 10:06 AM

Jan 2018
Finally, Frieren is back! And it returned with a new OP! It's good. But I'm gonna miss the first one even though many people didn't like it. I loved it though.

I am pleasantly surprised that the ED is the same. Except for the 2nd cour, it seems like they're playing the second verse of Anytime Anywhere. I can't express how happy I was to hear it again. Because otherwise I would've missed the first ED for sure. Still kinda miss its visuals but the new one is just as good.

I'm gonna miss Sein even though I knew he was a temporary party member. Hopefully we'll see him again. Preferrably with his friend Gorilla.

Fern got mad at Stark for grabbing her too hard. Why is she so cute when she's pouting? I agree with Sein... the two should start dating already.

Fern got sick and Frieren and Stark looked after her. That was cute.

I love how relaxing this anime is. Can't wait for more.
Jan 5, 10:07 AM

Feb 2020
lots of sweetness and cute stuff this episode with frieren and the merry band
felt a bit emotional at times but it's nice how frieren regards fern and sein

Jan 5, 10:12 AM
Nov 2021
As expected from studio Ghibli veterans
Jan 5, 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
new op song is nice and the visuals of the old ed is cool

sein is right just start dating already fern and stark

bye bye sein

and frieren just realize that you love himmel already
Jan 5, 10:29 AM

May 2019
Nice to see this show back on although the group is back down to 3 with Sein departing. I'm thinking we'll see him later on though considering that Frieren said, "See you later" but maybe I'm overthinking that.

With Fern getting sick we get a flashback with Himmel who said that everyone needs emotional support (a good life lesson) and Stark made Frieren realize that Fern was only embarrassed because he was present when Frieren was holding her hand and said the comment about Fern liking her hand being held since she was a child.
Jan 5, 10:35 AM

Apr 2015
The new Op is really chill and sounds amazing no doubt. This episode was more like a breather before the next arc. Sein left the party sadly, only temporarily I hope. Next episode a new arc, Hype!
The ending is a banger confirmed.
Jan 5, 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
Another simple, wholesome and calming episode as a whole. Sucks to see Sein leave for the time being but it makes sense for what he has to do and where he has to go. You could tell how much he will miss the group that brought him out of his shell to travel and the goofy little interactions and noise that took place around him. Did even love his drunk rambling about how Stark and Fern always argued for the simplest things and basically should be in a relationship with each other lol. The second half was pretty basic, Fern falling sick and Frieren and Stark helping her in its simplest terms but the conversations the two of them have and the relationship dynamics explored with Frieren and the two of them is pretty nice. The Himmel flashbacks this time weren't the strongest considering how it has been used so many times since what took place did feel pretty obvious with the emotional support aspect, but besides that, this was another good episode to add to the collection. Not a standout one but one that fits very well with the rest of the series as the journey is kicking on again to the city of magic. Loved the music and visuals again throughout the episode, the atmosphere and immersion stood out to me more in this episode than normal even with simple storylines occurring during this transition phase.

OP was good. Not an elite one but I liked this song by Yorushika more than the YOASOBI one for sure.
Jan 5, 10:43 AM
Jul 2016
Hooray for a new OP! Now everyone gets to complain about the second op, just as they did with the first!
Jan 5, 10:55 AM

Mar 2020
See you later Sein... best of luck on your journeys ahead...

A new year has arrived, but we are blessed with more Frieren episodes in the winter season! Another chill, calm episode with some more awesome Fern and Stark moments, but the part that was more memorable was the part when Fern got sick, and Frieren held her hand, to support her in her time of pain. Of course, it's something that Himmel used to do for Frieren, so it's yet another influence that he's had on Frieren, even after so long. Also, we had to bid farewell to Sein, which sucks honestly, since I really liked his addition to the party. As for the new opening song by Yorushika, it'll have to grow on me, but I feel like I might like it more than the first opening.

On to the first-class mage exam arc we go!
Jan 5, 10:58 AM
May 2023
GOD I love this show! SO glad it's returned!
Jan 5, 11:01 AM

Nov 2013
Loving the new OP and altered ED. Good episode overall.
Jan 5, 11:12 AM
Jul 2023
eu tô com medo dessa end, sinto que alguém ai vai morre e eu estou com medo de ser quem eu penso que é ;-;
Jan 5, 11:12 AM
Jan 2021
IT SO AMAZING IT FELT SO SHORT
Jan 5, 11:36 AM
Aug 2017
JUST DATE ALREADY! :D
Jan 5, 11:54 AM
Mar 2015
Frieren is just passing along the wisdom she has learned over her lifetime . Good thing that Himmel was there to lend a hand
Jan 5, 12:04 PM

Jul 2008
New opening.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also JUST DATE ALREADY!!!!!

The pacing is super slow, but we get well developed characters in the process that keep us interested. That's why this show works so well. The writing and the characters.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is this anime worth watching? ( 1 2 )

anizawa89 - May 5

54 by katsucats »»
5 hours ago

» Frieren fans, let's settle for the best couple

epsilono - Apr 16

27 by Ba-Cii10 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

829 by WatchTillTandava »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2023

539 by MasterK »»
11 hours ago

» When will S2 happen ;__;

FrierenSimpKing - Yesterday

27 by xay_sama »»
Today, 7:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.