Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 15, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
To pay off that much debt is harder said than done. However, Konoha displayed her determination and charisma to make it happen.

As stressful as the episode sounded, it actually had a lot of positive energy, thanks to Konoha and her personality
Nov 15, 2023 9:16 AM

Apr 2014
To gather her courage, Konoha searches for a soothing song on her cell phone: Madoka Opening....xd
Nov 15, 2023 10:10 AM

Mar 2016
No way they just played that Madoka Magica OP 😭😭😭
Nov 15, 2023 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
To Heart, Air and Fate all have an anime, well i guess i don't have to tell you guys about Fate.
From the looks of it Konoha is already changing time and Mamoru just got caught up into it things should get interesting.
Nov 15, 2023 10:32 AM

Mar 2020
Konoha playing the Madoka OP to motivate herself was pretty funny. Otherwise, not the strongest episode overall, but more of a build up again. Interesting way to close out the episode, seems like other people can be time travellers too by opening up old games.
Nov 15, 2023 10:35 AM

Mar 2021
It's great to see Konoha and the crew working hard to make their new game and I can't wait to see how Mamoru reacts to being sent to the past
Nov 15, 2023 10:35 AM

Nov 2011
Man this show keeps throwing us curve balls! Madoka opening in the beginning and Mamoru going back in time at the end of the episode?!?!

Nutty
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 15, 2023 10:39 AM
Sep 2015
Easily the best episode yet, but what I like the most is that the next episode has a potential to be even better!

Anyway, while I'm glad the owner of the company is back, I think it's time he pass on this position to his son.

At that time, sleeping at the company is the norm, so it's quite hard to call out a black company when every company is like that, or even worse.
Nov 15, 2023 10:42 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nothing better than having Claris psych you up. Her explanation to the team about that drawing really shows just how much software had changed over the years. The beast that Mamoru invented sure was impressive. So many references to well known VN's here. Curious though in that Konoha's game is aiming to fit so many themes into it at once. Despite his best intentions shame that Ichigaya ended up taking the wrong path. Given the material they prepped for it a console port would defo had been popular. Great to see the manager break through his shock. Guess its now Mamoru's turn to see what time travel is like.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 15, 2023 10:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Ok but why did he open the game cartridge after already realizing it'd send him back in time lol
Nov 15, 2023 10:55 AM

Feb 2019
MADOKA OP OMG OMG OMG OMG. The scream I scrumt during that opening lol. Such a hype way to kick off another great episode

When Mamoru introduced the new computers it sounded like a variation of an Eva OST as well.

Speaking of the new computers, one of the coolest parts about this series is showing the evolution of Visual novel designing. Konoha talking about the 200 layers used to make that illustration blew everyone’s minds when it’s now the standard. A lot has changed in 24 years

Introducing modern otaku marketing techniques like merchandise, dakis, pre order bonuses etc was also another great move. Nothing better than going into Animate and buying some shit and getting rewarded with a little poster or card from the LN you’re buying. Definitely makes the buying experience better.

They really only glazed over the beach/pool party?? Wtf we were robbed 😭 for an anime that’s a love letter to otaku and the Visual Novel medium, that’s criminal.

That ending was wild! Another unique element being added to the story now that Mamoru can go to the future as well. Can’t wait to see what he learns over there.
Marinate1016Nov 15, 2023 11:37 AM
Nov 15, 2023 11:12 AM

Jul 2020
this was an interesting twist, I'd been expecting Konoha to go back to her time at the most crucial moment but I never expected Mamoru to travel to the future instead. Come on, he was the most sane and logical person of all and now this, he just goes ahead and lets the whole team down?
Nov 15, 2023 11:13 AM

Mar 2015
We got a timeleap within a timeleap now, can't say I've seen that before but interested to see where it goes. As I thought it's likely the time travel is having unintended consequences on the future that may need to be fixed. This was a really fun episode with a lot of great Konoha moments. Very interested to see where the story goes from here.
Nov 15, 2023 11:14 AM
Sep 2023
HaXXspetten said:
Ok but why did he open the game cartridge after already realizing it'd send him back in time lol

Yeah,I was really angry to see that.
I thought after making the game,alcohol soft will exist in present.But now he is gone and it will hamper the game making progress
Nov 15, 2023 11:30 AM
Apr 2023
Marinate1016 said:
MADOKA OP OMG OMG OMG OMG. The scream I scrumt during that opening lol. Such a hype way to kick off another great episode

When Mamoru introduced the new computers it sounded like a variation of an Eva OST as well.

Speaking of the new computers, one of the coolest parts about this series is showing the evolution of Visual novel designing. Konoha talking about the 200 layers used to make that illustration blew everyone’s minds when it’s now the standard. That was only 14 years ago it seemed like a pipe dream lol.

Introducing modern otaku marketing techniques like merchandise, dakis, pre order bonuses etc was also another great move. Nothing better than going into Animate and buying some shit and getting rewarded with a little poster or card from the LN you’re buying. Definitely makes the buying experience better.

They really only glazed over the beach/pool party?? Wtf we were robbed 😭 for an anime that’s a love letter to otaku and the Visual Novel medium, that’s criminal.

That ending was wild! Another unique element being added to the story now that Mamoru can go to the future as well. Can’t wait to see what he learns over there.

The game cartridge that he opened was Gogo no Tenshi tachi, which is a game from 1985 so there might be a chance that he's sent back to the time of that game. Tho it would be cool to see Mamoru's reaction to seeing the future but that would make no logic since he opened a game cartridge from 1985. Well next week we'll see how it turns out :)
Nov 15, 2023 11:31 AM

Feb 2019
MR_SeeR said:
Marinate1016 said:

Speaking of the new computers, one of the coolest parts about this series is showing the evolution of Visual novel designing. Konoha talking about the 200 layers used to make that illustration blew everyone’s minds when it’s now the standard. That was only 14 years ago it seemed like a pipe dream lol.

The game cartridge that he opened was Gogo no Tenshi tachi, which is a game from 1985 so there might be a chance that he's sent back to the time of that game. Tho it would be cool to see Mamoru's reaction to seeing the future but that would make no logic since he opened a game cartridge from 1985. Well next week we'll see how it turns out :)

Ah ok interesting
Nov 15, 2023 11:36 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to Marinate1016

Speaking of the new computers, one of the coolest parts about this series is showing the evolution of Visual novel designing. Konoha talking about the 200 layers used to make that illustration blew everyone’s minds when it’s now the standard. A lot has changed in 24 years

@Marinate1016 24 years ago...

mamoru has gone back to 1985, he could meet himself as a little kid...

Minir complaint, but that live3d stuff or whatever its called both wouldn't run on a normal pc of the time and looks absolutely garbage compared to static illustrations (opinion)
Nov 15, 2023 12:13 PM

Feb 2007
I did not see this twist coming, but it too will likely help them along.
Nov 15, 2023 12:45 PM

Apr 2008
Reply to Orenjion
@Marinate1016 24 years ago...

mamoru has gone back to 1985, he could meet himself as a little kid...

Minir complaint, but that live3d stuff or whatever its called both wouldn't run on a normal pc of the time and looks absolutely garbage compared to static illustrations (opinion)
@OrenjiDonatsu

agreed. He's definitely going back to 1985. something to sort of keep in mind more importantly, this was during the Japanese economic miracle bubble period before it burst.
Nov 15, 2023 12:52 PM

Oct 2017
She just listened to madoka op as a soothing song lmao. Love the song though. Miss the og claris.

Anyway nice episode with them making some real progress on their new game with Konoha in charge. Feels like they are cheating due to using Konoha's knowledge from future, specially the art but oh well. I liked how Kaori opened her eyes due to the shock from looking at her art lol. I wonder why Konoha's bag burned? Also Mamoru just time traveled back to the past damn.
Nov 15, 2023 1:09 PM
May 2022
I stumbled upon this while browsing aniyomi and I'm really glad I did. slice of life goodness. For what I have seen which is 6 episodes I'd give this a solid 7.5/8. Anything over a 5 for me is worth your time and anything over a 7 is a damn good show
Nov 15, 2023 1:18 PM

Jul 2014
Body pillows.

Konoha is a one-woman lewd hedonism corruption machine.
Nov 15, 2023 1:28 PM

Sep 2023
HaXXspetten said:

Human curiosity I guess, and also I think he still didn't 100% believe her about that future stuff.
Nov 15, 2023 1:56 PM

Apr 2020
I laughed when they played the madoka opening
I really liked this episode, making a game that everyone is interested in making.
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

i was not expecting the episode to end like that

what will happen next???

the dude will come back few years later in the past or...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 15, 2023 2:04 PM
Jun 2022
Shingster said:
Nothing better than having Claris psych you up. Her explanation to the team about that drawing really shows just how much software had changed over the years. The beast that Mamoru invented sure was impressive. So many references to well known VN's here. Curious though in that Konoha's game is aiming to fit so many themes into it at once. Despite his best intentions shame that Ichigaya ended up taking the wrong path. Given the material they prepped for it a console port would defo had been popular. Great to see the manager break through his shock. Guess its now Mamoru's turn to see what time travel is like.

I'm so surprised that mamoru went to the future, I can't wait for next Wednesday fr
Nov 15, 2023 2:20 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Reply to LessThanAnimeFan
HaXXspetten said:

Human curiosity I guess, and also I think he still didn't 100% believe her about that future stuff.
@LessThanAnimeFan I mean he already acknowledged that her tablet had to be from the future at least since it's far beyond the current gen of technology so I think he's on board with her claims by now, but yeah curiosity killed the cat I guess
Nov 15, 2023 2:25 PM

Nov 2016
Why Madoka and not Steins;Gate, tho? XD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 15, 2023 3:59 PM
May 2021
This episode reminds me of Fushigi Yuugi.
Nov 15, 2023 4:46 PM

Jul 2015
They literally just put on Madoka Magica OP

Nov 15, 2023 4:48 PM

Aug 2021
so he knows that opening the game is the key to time travel yet he opens it anyway? so dumb. this was actually a pretty good episode compared to the rest before that too
Nov 15, 2023 5:34 PM

Apr 2022
the madoka opening lol can't even be surprised after referencing it several times already. welp, he's gone though.
Nov 15, 2023 5:58 PM
Jun 2008
Reply to Reecey91
It's great to see Konoha and the crew working hard to make their new game and I can't wait to see how Mamoru reacts to being sent to the past
@Reecey91 What if Mamoru got sent into the future instead of further back?
Nov 15, 2023 6:32 PM

Jun 2019
Now that Mamoru's gone to the future (Only if, but I think it's more interesting if he's sent to the future), I'm worried he might be badly influenced and come back as dirty peasant python and javascript user.
Nov 15, 2023 6:53 PM
Aug 2018
It's getting better and better
Nov 15, 2023 7:16 PM
Aug 2022
Of course Mamoru touched the game. Dam it now there’s just more problems for them to face.

To be fair if I was in his situation my curious nature would get the better of me and I would have probably done the same.
Nov 15, 2023 7:47 PM

Oct 2013
What a shitty choice of OP lol, you'd think Konoha would listen to Irony from ClariS instead of garbage Madoka considering she should relate to Kirino way more
Nov 15, 2023 8:31 PM
Jan 2012
Reply to Ske80
To gather her courage, Konoha searches for a soothing song on her cell phone: Madoka Opening....xd
@KatanaHun I thought she'd play a song literally called "Courage" (the original SAO opening)
Nov 15, 2023 8:37 PM

Jul 2017
amoru supporting Konoha to make the Bishoujo game she wanted to, and the choice of music...it's OG ClariS's Madoka Magica OP 'Connect" just to lift Konoha's spirits..that was a ballsy throw for nostalgia.

Back in Alcohol Soft, Konoha's game to earn back their massive 1-billion-yen debt, she still has aways to go with her time travel phrasing, but the illustration of the character she drew, it's way too revolutionary for its time to replicate back in 1996, and that's where Mamoru comes in with the stack of his super machine: overclocked multi-core PC-98 computers. The variable factor, however, is that they need to be sure that Konoha will not vanish back in time willy-nilly, and if that can be achieved, Alcohol Soft will have a revival on their hands.

As much responsibility is given to Konoha essentially being the game's director because all the "Jugemu" Otaku knowledge is on her hands. And a hidden envelope addressed to Mamoru's dad which contained a bag, it's materials for the previous game's console port which Ichigaya had wanted to make it happen before his eventual arrest. In essence, the manager's hedge bets wasn't all unsound, and even he got his redemption to work once again for the game development company. It's a stress job, but with all of their efforts, Konoha's vision of her game is bearing fruit.

But instead of Konoha, her bag which caught fire, or rather, Mamoru was sent back into the future because of one of the ols games that she had.

Now the issue is, Gogo no Tenchi-tachi is a 1985 game, did Mamoru time travelled back to the past?
Nov 15, 2023 10:28 PM

Apr 2023
I definitely didn't expect them to drop Connect at the beginning lol... But I can't see how Konoha could be motivated by this song, if every time it was played in Madoka's opening, the episode always ended with even more problems than it started... Oh... wait...

No Mamoru-kun, no innovative bishoujo gemu...

Finally Kaori graced us with the sight of her big b....beautiful eyes.

The plot remains very interesting!
Nov 15, 2023 11:04 PM

Feb 2021
Shows about Otaku Culture are just so good, I feel like only a specific type of anime fan can enjoy a show like this.

Dakimuras, Acrylic Stands, Tapestries, Posters, Figures, Art Books etc...
All the good stuff that I like to buy for my favorite series.
Nov 16, 2023 1:35 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to Bayonette
@Reecey91 What if Mamoru got sent into the future instead of further back?
@Bayonette I think he would lose his shit when he sees all the Modern technology
Nov 16, 2023 1:37 AM

Sep 2010
Reply to Aversa
To Heart, Air and Fate all have an anime, well i guess i don't have to tell you guys about Fate.
From the looks of it Konoha is already changing time and Mamoru just got caught up into it things should get interesting.
@Aversa Konoha? None of those games have been released yet! (-and I'm guessing she hasn't played the games in the Rance series which have been released by 1999.)

My first thought was that Konoha's backpack was catching on fire because she'd stayed too long in the past - several months now, instead of the roughly 1 month the first two times. I guess that doesn't make too much sense since it's not like she controls when she goes back.

Perhaps the fire was to get Mamoru's attention, and to get him to open that particular game out of curiosity. What he has to do in 1985, I have no idea. He'd be about 8 years old then, while Konoha has always gone back to an early enough time that she hasn't been born yet.
I thought Alcohol Soft had just lost their programmer, but thinking about it, Konoha has always returned to close enough to the time that she left, so it should logically be the same for Mamoru.

I was wondering if this could have been a significant point in time for Claris, but I'm drawing a blank. As for Konoha, she would have been roughly 7 years old when Connect released, which is... close enough to the target demographic for mahou shoujo? -although Madoka Magica also the sort of anime she could have found and watched long after it released.
I've probably also tried to encourage myself to work with that song before. xD

Another odd thing is, there's no audio processing done on Connect to make it sound like it's playing in the scene.
TakataNov 16, 2023 4:30 AM
Nov 16, 2023 1:57 AM

Sep 2010
Reply to Shaka-bun
I definitely didn't expect them to drop Connect at the beginning lol... But I can't see how Konoha could be motivated by this song, if every time it was played in Madoka's opening, the episode always ended with even more problems than it started... Oh... wait...

No Mamoru-kun, no innovative bishoujo gemu...

Finally Kaori graced us with the sight of her big b....beautiful eyes.

The plot remains very interesting!
@Shaka-bun That reminds me, one of those mahou shoujos was also a time traveler.

Also, that broken microwave in Konoha's present day workplace reminded me of Steins;Gate.
Nov 16, 2023 2:04 AM
Mar 2018
Cutting straight from a banger OP like Madoka's to the worst OP of the season is a bold move.

I question how long it would have taken Mamoru-kun to write that image editing software for those daisy-chained rigs.

It'll be interesting to see the effects of Mamoru-kun travelling back in time, plus how long he'll be gone from the "present".
Nov 16, 2023 3:50 AM

Mar 2008
Oh shit now there is going to be two Mamoru going around if he has to take the long way around to get back.

Takata said:
Perhaps the fire was to get Mamoru's attention, and to get him to open that particular game out of curiosity.

No what likely happened was same games were disappearing from existence because Konoha was changing the future drastically.
Nov 16, 2023 4:43 AM

Sep 2010
traed said:
Oh shit now there is going to be two Mamoru going around if he has to take the long way around to get back.

Takata said:
Perhaps the fire was to get Mamoru's attention, and to get him to open that particular game out of curiosity.

No what likely happened was same games were disappearing from existence because Konoha was changing the future drastically.
Hm... the only game in Konoha's bag yet to be released is Sengoku Rance. I think there was a Japanese word for this kind of supernatural fire. I wonder if some deity of time travel or eroge was trying to draw Mamoru's attention to Angel's Afternoon, much like the dog mostly broke the seal on Kizuato for Konoha.

Aside, I wonder if the next episode title "echo" refers to the command with that name in some command line interfaces.
TakataNov 16, 2023 4:47 AM
Nov 16, 2023 7:46 AM

Apr 2010
Reply to Takata
@Aversa Konoha? None of those games have been released yet! (-and I'm guessing she hasn't played the games in the Rance series which have been released by 1999.)

My first thought was that Konoha's backpack was catching on fire because she'd stayed too long in the past - several months now, instead of the roughly 1 month the first two times. I guess that doesn't make too much sense since it's not like she controls when she goes back.

Perhaps the fire was to get Mamoru's attention, and to get him to open that particular game out of curiosity. What he has to do in 1985, I have no idea. He'd be about 8 years old then, while Konoha has always gone back to an early enough time that she hasn't been born yet.
I thought Alcohol Soft had just lost their programmer, but thinking about it, Konoha has always returned to close enough to the time that she left, so it should logically be the same for Mamoru.

I was wondering if this could have been a significant point in time for Claris, but I'm drawing a blank. As for Konoha, she would have been roughly 7 years old when Connect released, which is... close enough to the target demographic for mahou shoujo? -although Madoka Magica also the sort of anime she could have found and watched long after it released.
I've probably also tried to encourage myself to work with that song before. xD

Another odd thing is, there's no audio processing done on Connect to make it sound like it's playing in the scene.
@Takata Rance should definitely been around i think the original game was released in 1989 but i could be wrong.

As for mahou shoujo well there are some long running series Konoha would have probably grown up with the Precure and Sailor Moon that last one was already around in the 90's so the rest of the Alcohol Soft staf might know it.
As for the more mature themed Mahou Shoujo i think that started with Nanoha which had a theme that could be both watched by children and adults so i think it's something that Kanoha would have watched as well as for the start of the dark themed Mahou shoujo that's definitely Madoka.
Nov 16, 2023 10:07 AM
Jul 2021
what an ending, interesting, very curious about what will happen to Mamoru who time travels
Nov 16, 2023 10:12 AM
Nov 2022
It's just what I wanted, for someone other than Konoha to travel in time, nice.

Good reference to the opening of madoka magica xd

Mamoru literally built a PC of renders before they even existed xddd
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2023

86 by Timeline_man »»
Jun 8, 10:00 AM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2023

110 by HandStuckInTable »»
May 7, 3:10 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

88 by Trentsuki »»
Apr 27, 12:19 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

73 by lasodamos »»
Apr 11, 2:11 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

126 by lasodamos »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.