Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2022 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
It's still quite early in this show but looks like Sarasa is already getting tested for her management skills.

On the other hand, it's great to see her making new friends such as with Lorea. Seems she's one of the regular cast members too. I hope they get along for rest of the season. This episode also gave me an adventurous type of vibe.
Oct 10, 2022 5:54 AM

Feb 2020
Another really enjoyable episode.

Things are looking good for Sarasa, but she still has a long way to go.

I'm glad she made a new friend. :)

SerafosOct 10, 2022 9:18 AM
Oct 10, 2022 5:58 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like things are going pretty well for Sarasa even tho she was feeling insecure about it.
She made a good impression by talking fondly of the village and that helped out a lot with getting the support of the villagers which is a good thing.
And she made a friend which she also needed.

Now she has her first customer and it seems she is in a lot of trouble so i guess we will see some drama next week.
Oct 10, 2022 6:15 AM

Apr 2016
With the help of an entire village our main heroine had that old rusty house in a proper state in a no time. There definitely (in moderation) is a spin on the whole "cute girls and shit", the characters are very quirky almost whack lol, you never know what comes of of them.

And good on Sarasa, for accomplishing very first important step in her career, she will have the villagers addicted to her drugs in no time, just like in Los Angeles.
Oct 10, 2022 6:17 AM

Jul 2017
Sarasa's new alchemy shop that's in the woods and far out of town, it'd be best for her to trust her master's gift instead of crying out loud for such a wasteful purchase. There's a lot to do to refurbish this place of its filth and dust.

Lorea is an interesting character who stalked Sarasa in the beginning, and I've sworn I've heard her from somewhere (it's Asobi Asobase's Hanako). From her to neighbour Elles, carpenter Geberk to a lot more people in the village, it takes a village's worth for her house-warming gifts while Sarasa tries to get by with the little that she has now, unconfident of what the future holds for her.

Master Ophelia came to see her for a visit and trained her up just a tad bit in sword training, reminding her not to forget her roots of practice, which is much needed. And Lorea as a salesclerk, she would be happy to get the role, even if the job isn't simple.

Also, Lorea being more developed than Sarasa, erm yeah...

Hopefully Sarasa can get along with everyone and make her alchemist shop be known.
KANLen09Oct 14, 2022 9:25 PM
Oct 10, 2022 6:39 AM
May 2021
So far so good.. but please!! don't add fan service to this anime😫
Oct 10, 2022 6:53 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode! There's a new cute loli and her VA is very familiar, not bad. Two lolis in a house waiting to serve their customers... heh... not bad... OwO

P.S. Please don't add Yuri and similar fan service... (⁠눈⁠‸⁠눈⁠) but taking a bath is okay but the joke is rather unsettling.

The pacing is so fast that we get to see the other girl in the OP. Hmm...

But I still enjoyed this episode.
What's more enjoyable was the OP's singer.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 10, 2022 7:25 AM

Mar 2021
Sarasa has a long way to go but its great that the villagers all came to help her fix up the shop and now she has made a new friend
Oct 10, 2022 7:34 AM

Jul 2022
Not a bad way to start the week. Love the cute vibes and I'll keep watching.
Oct 10, 2022 7:41 AM
Feb 2018
It nice she was so warmly welcome by the village, plus her master give her the sword and most importantly the teleportation circle she could live on selling potions to the capital by the circle
Oct 10, 2022 8:28 AM
Jul 2018
She made a new friend and also a worker for her shop, lorea. This anime is just wholesome, but the last part! A girl with her hand cut off. I think she will also join the shop as a worker.
Oct 10, 2022 9:44 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice progression, she got used to the town and everyone ended up liking her and willing to help with the shop renovation, and she even found a friend that is working in the shop now, and of course her (OP xD) master went here in three days and made her train, now the shop is opponent and it looks like there's already a very serious case to resolve with that girl that has her arm ripped off :o
Oct 10, 2022 10:41 AM

Sep 2008
Sarasa is so cute, and I hope she'll get more confidence in herself soon. Also nice to see master visited her ♡☆!
Oct 10, 2022 11:38 AM
Feb 2019
Another good episode looking forward to see how Sarasa can handle this stepping stone.
Oct 10, 2022 12:01 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode.

Lorea voice is slightly annoying but I'll get used to it. The pace is slightly fast and I don't know if it's a good or bad thing. I think it could have been more interesting if they showed more of how Sarasa slowly built her shop and prepared her inventory but I'm not sure if people would like it or not.

In either case it is still pretty cute and the cast has been completed in almost 2 episode, lol.

Not a big fan of the bath scene but I'll give it a pass, hopefully there's a bit less of it.
Oct 10, 2022 12:40 PM

Jun 2016
Wholesome and cute series, I love it.
Oct 10, 2022 12:44 PM

Oct 2022
another cute episode! :D
Oct 10, 2022 2:14 PM

Oct 2013
I thought it was gonna take some time before the Sarasa's shop opens but oh well that was better than episode one
Oct 10, 2022 3:42 PM

Jan 2015
This show, this fucking show. It's the worst kind of a show, the kind you wish was offensively bad instead. But it isn't.
It isn't a clanging cg mess. It isn't a rape fantasy isekai. It's just painfully empty.
The world isn't a nonsensical mess, it doesn't make you question why didn't they just flew to Mordor. Because it doesn't exist! That two month long journey from unnamed capital? Yeah there's nothing there.
Want a magic system? Here's a glowing CG pentagram instead, now please shut up.
I think the most apt comparison for it is a bad flash point&click game. Hell, even the main characters look like stick figures with boobs.

The player arrives at the shop, and cleans it up with a single left click on the magic vacuum. The game then forces you to go to each location in town. Then you're all set for dragging some weed into a cauldron for like 10 minutes before you get bored to death and click off to that one game about torturing a stick figure ragdoll.
Oct 10, 2022 3:55 PM

Feb 2018
Quite a wholesome episode with the way the villagers reacted to her.
Oct 10, 2022 4:19 PM

Dec 2015
JohnDowson said:
This show, this fucking show. It's the worst kind of a show, the kind you wish was offensively bad instead. But it isn't.
It isn't a clanging cg mess. It isn't a rape fantasy isekai. It's just painfully empty.
The world isn't a nonsensical mess, it doesn't make you question why didn't they just flew to Mordor. Because it doesn't exist! That two month long journey from unnamed capital? Yeah there's nothing there.
I think the most apt comparison for it is a bad flash point&click game. Hell, even the main characters look like stick figures with boobs.

The player arrives at the shop, and cleans it up with a single left click on the magic vacuum. The game then forces you to go to each location in town. Then you're all set for dragging some weed into a cauldron for like 10 minutes before you get bored to death and click off to that one game about torturing a stick figure ragdoll.

The point of these types of anime aren’t the adventuring, deep magic systems, or world-ending plot points; it’s the character interactions and small bits of character growth between episodic challenges. This style of Slice of Life isn’t for everyone but I wouldn’t call it empty.
Oct 10, 2022 4:59 PM

Sep 2020
I wasn't expecting Sarasa's (and her master's) weapon of choice to be a rapier, I thought she would go around smacking monsters with a staff.
Next week she better use her newfound combat skills on whatever creatures kicked her (future) friends' butts.
Oct 10, 2022 5:18 PM

Feb 2019
she just officially opened and already she's got a major case to deal with. not a bad episode; it didn't dwell too much on Sarasa feeling mopey and all coz she was overwhelmed by the sudden change in her life, so that was nice.
Oct 10, 2022 6:29 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Sarasa getting acquainted with the townsfolk was nice to see, a lot of good people there, it was also funny seeing her get shocked by the bugs in the food even though it was kinda mean of them lol. And looks like we won’t be shy of action in this show after Ophelia gave Sarasa sword training, I was hoping for maximum comfy but I guess a little bit of action is fine lol.

And Sarada already has someone to work with her, being Lorea, who I noticed has the same VA as Fa from RPG Real Estate and Hanako from Asobi Asobase, definitely a cute and fitting voice for her, and I didn’t expect booba in the bath which also kinda takes me back to RPG Real Estate with its fanservice scenes, although it feels a little out of place I’m not complaining lol. And looks like there’s an intense job right off the bat, but she’s one of the main girls so I’m sure she‘ll be fine lol.
Oct 10, 2022 8:12 PM

Jan 2021
Was that a little bit of fan service at the end? ;)

Oct 11, 2022 1:20 AM

Sep 2020
The house got renewed very quickly because of other villagers, the new girl is really cute, they will probably have a really fun time together.
Oct 11, 2022 1:53 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm actually liking this a lot. The two girls look the same just palette swapped when sleeping though. I like this kinda positive thing. I did seem a little annoying that she just assumed they didn't like her though when it didn't seem that way at all. I guess her self-esteem is just low. Maybe it'll improve more over time.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Oct 11, 2022 5:04 AM

Oct 2007
Lorea is a good addition to the store. Now Sarasa can go out more.

also nice that the village people helped out to fix the place. Anyway, an alchemist in their remote village would be a big help.

looks like that adventurer girl has a serious wound. He arm was cut off... wtf..

looking forward to next week.
Oct 11, 2022 5:53 AM

Jun 2016
adorable and enjoyable to watch !!!

they both are cuteness overload !!
Oct 11, 2022 8:08 AM
Dec 2016
Hylianticipated said:
JohnDowson said:

The point of these types of anime aren’t the adventuring, deep magic systems, or world-ending plot points; it’s the character interactions and small bits of character growth between episodic challenges. This style of Slice of Life isn’t for everyone but I wouldn’t call it empty.

Actually, that's main problem of the genre i'd love to call "laid-back isekai". It has no unique setting, memorable plot, it is not offensive, and didn't have anything. One potential isekai had is actually to make a good laid back setting but typical anime conveniences and cliches without deep underatsnding of medieval world and spirit actually ruining most of them. And yeah, I've seen those problems in this anime. Still, something weak doesn't mean it didn't worth and here I am watching this "Ryza"-like anime
Oct 11, 2022 2:05 PM

Feb 2019
Another really cute episode, I was worried for sarasa being so far away from home on her own but it look like she and the villagers are going to be ok. Lorea is the perfect friend for her as well. Can’t wait to see what crazy adventures they get up to together
Oct 11, 2022 4:31 PM

May 2019
Now this was a nice episode, liking the CGDCT and fantasy genres. Also, Mrs. Elles showing Sarasa around and meeting various townsfolk whom later helped in renovating her home was great to see. Ophelia checking up on her and Lorea joining her made me feel good for Sarasa. Looks like we'll be getting some adventures too with Sarasa being trained to defend herself, should be fun.
Oct 11, 2022 6:15 PM

Apr 2008
Personally didn't feel any of the charm of the first episode. Yes, she was clearly a prodigy, but the idea that she'd be struggling a little distinguished it from the blandly saccharine entries. Then here's the whole village to make everything perfect and happy. That's quite a serious injury at the end, though. I'll give it one more for something interesting to flavor the cute.
Oct 12, 2022 2:20 PM

Sep 2016
Another enjoyable episode. Lorea seems like a great friend to have around.
;

This Life. This Night. Your Story. Your Pain. Your Hope. It matters. All of it matters.

;

Oct 15, 2022 5:01 AM
Dec 2017
In the 4K version you can see some strands of her hair turn red during the sword duel practice scene.
Oct 15, 2022 3:42 PM

Jul 2020
Aaa Im glad that the villagers bullying was just a bit of a joke taken too far and they ended up all making it up for it, I think Sarasa will be doing well but... ugh was the that bit in the bath scene really necessary shudders really weird seeing that when Lorea is so tiny please... That bit aside, everything looking great and what timing the shop opened and there's already someone in need
"𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐞. 𝐀𝐧𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬?"
Oct 15, 2022 4:23 PM
May 2021
Can't wait to see what's coming next. Really love the story so far but it's fell like something is missing.
Oct 16, 2022 9:52 AM

Dec 2017
Totemo tanoshi...
Oct 17, 2022 10:23 AM

Oct 2014
I expected this to be another light-hearted generic anime.
Boy I’m glad I’m so wrong.
Oct 17, 2022 4:44 PM
Jul 2018
2nd episode was pretty bad
Oct 18, 2022 8:20 AM
Jul 2017
Loving this OP.
Seeing her sleep on the floor all alone was so sad...
I'm glad she was able to make a a friend and get along with the villagers.
The shop's ready, time to start business... or not. Next ep we'll see what happens.
Oct 19, 2022 1:36 AM

Oct 2020
That was cute episode, Lorea and Seresa are adorable together. The end got dark quickly.
Oct 22, 2022 9:22 PM

Aug 2014
The shpo rebuild is kinda fast considering it start with a rundown building
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 28, 2022 2:17 AM
Sep 2020
She is really impressive, I mean like she has management skills and is good at making decisions.

Aww she make a friend Rorea !! I hope they get along !! That village is kind of nice too!!

Also her master is so cool and worry's a lot for her !! Sarasa had a pretty hard adventure this episode!!
Nov 4, 2022 7:27 AM
Jan 2018
Cute girl doing cute things. that's all i asked from god
Nov 20, 2022 9:29 PM

Mar 2008
loving this show so far, cute girls doing alchemist things with yuri vibes, just inject it into my veins.
Dec 20, 2022 12:18 AM

Nov 2009
Wish I had that "cleaning spell" in real life... EZ cleaning.

And the country girl goes cray-cray on Sarasa cause Sarasa is technically a "rich city girl" (used to have 5 million dollar to her name)

(Also, now that I think about it... how are those book worth 5 million? are they limited? cause I am pretty sure a lot of Alchemist buys them according to episode 1 saying lots of graduates buys them... EZ money I guess, CORPA) (this whole Alchemy thing feels like some sort of giant SCAM by the government...)

___ ___ ___

And now they're doing sword training, cause it looks like even while being an Alchemist that stay in a Lab most times, you still need to go out and kill giant beasts for ingredients

Then afterwards Master goes Sonic and runs all the way back home... I think I saw another anime about some OP dude running sonic fast between towns...

___ ___ ___

And nice for the village to literally help rebuild the Shop.

I still wonder who was the previous Shop owners... seeing how badly the shop is and overgrown with vines... how long has it been abandoned?

And Lorea join the shop as an employee.

(BTW, how old are they? seeing as Sarasa "graduated"... I take it she's suppose to be older than 16? and Lorea was already working in another store... so even tho they look small, they're technically adults? Plus Lorea have actual (___Y___) .)
amlgDec 20, 2022 12:21 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 20, 2022 2:41 PM

Jun 2019
amlg said:
BTW, how old are they? seeing as Sarasa "graduated"... I take it she's suppose to be older than 16? and Lorea was already working in another store... so even tho they look small, they're technically adults? Plus Lorea have actual (___Y___) .)

Sarasa is 15 years-old according to the online wikia. - https://shinmai-renkinjutsushi-no-tenpo-keiei.fandom.com/wiki/Sarasa_Feed

Which is the average or most common age chosen for main characters in anime, it seems. At least lately and among teenage characters. It didn't provide the ages for the other main characters, but for some reason while watching the series I got the impression that Lorea was the same age or even a year younger, despite her physical development, and Kate and Iris I was leaning more toward a year or two older. I guess because of their behavior and mannerisms and what little we saw of their backgrounds in the show. It was just a vague feeling though.

If the series was set in modern times in our world it would be very strange indeed to hear of the protagonist "graduating" a high school/high school equivalent (whatever the last primary school was before adulthood/going into the workforce) and only being 15 at the time, but if you consider the setting is like a medieval or early modern era analogue (setting seems too vague and ill-defined to make some definitive statement about it, especially in the rural area where most of it takes place; could be mostly any period, really), it can probably be considered a product of the setting or at least justified by the author/creator that way. As in, it's a high fantasy setting so it's not exactly Japan and our world, but if it's the equivalent of our 1400s - 1700s, then it makes more sense.
WatchTillTandavaDec 20, 2022 2:48 PM
Dec 24, 2022 4:39 AM

Jul 2015
Continuing the wholesome streak with the whole village helping Sarasa out, although I gotta say Lorea being stacked is quite the weird sight.

Dec 30, 2022 2:21 AM

Feb 2021
She finally has a staff and gets help from the village :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2022

52 by GooseHybrid »»
Oct 12, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2022

39 by GooseHybrid »»
Sep 26, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2022

81 by GooseHybrid »»
Sep 25, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Shinmai Renkinjutsushi no Tenpo Keiei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2022

92 by AnchientProphet2 »»
Sep 12, 1:30 PM

» This is very good! A hidden gem!

RjtheGreat14 - Mar 3

11 by JadeHoxen »»
Mar 6, 8:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.