Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 10, 2019 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aku is cute but her personality is like a child the more I watch her in this show.

Luna Elegant made her appearance this episode tbh, some of her behavior is rather childish too. What a weird episode. I mean, the anime is still focusing a lot on Aku and Hakuto with their adventures. Going to take time to get used to Luna's role in this series.

Jul 10, 2019 9:13 AM

Oct 2010
dropping this lol
Jul 10, 2019 9:34 AM

Apr 2016
The pink haired girl is exactly what this show needed.
Jul 10, 2019 9:42 AM
May 2017
Kougeru said:
dropping this lol
why? lol I love this show so far
Jul 10, 2019 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
Ha ha.... he spanked the holy maiden....

What a nice wine...

Dropped ... nah, I think the holy maiden might be enough to continue

AdrianRubinskyJul 10, 2019 10:00 AM
Jul 10, 2019 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
lol he spanked her.

Jul 10, 2019 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
Wait... Market city Yahoo and Gugule inn ?
I kinda see a pattern there...
A french otaku. Not a surrender baguette.
Jul 10, 2019 10:08 AM

Aug 2011
Nothing groundbreaking but it was an ok episode. The 8bit soundtrack was a nice touch.
Jul 10, 2019 10:21 AM

Oct 2014
STOP SPANKING THE CHILD!!! He molested a kid and then stole all her money so now he's rich I guess. They had to tell us she's sixteen right after the molestation but she definitely doesn't look it! This is so uncomfortable, the main character is a total douchebag but blonde rem just eats it up. Now she wants to have sex with him and call him papa. I hate this.
Jul 10, 2019 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
You know actually, this episode wasn't all that bad. Characters are pretty decent, not overly likable but at the same time not too unlikeable either
Jul 10, 2019 10:34 AM
Well, they seem to have given up on animation. Either way, this is comedy gold. I haven't laughed this much since Kaguya. This is truly a masterpiece.
Jul 10, 2019 10:35 AM
Jul 2017
RebelPanda said:
STOP SPANKING THE CHILD!!! He molested a kid and then stole all her money so now he's rich I guess. They had to tell us she's sixteen right after the molestation but she definitely doesn't look it! This is so uncomfortable, the main character is a total douchebag but blonde rem just eats it up. Now she wants to have sex with him and call him papa. I hate this.

I like how you try to put this in a real life situation, with him molesting the child, but don't mention how she tried to kill him.
The thing with papa is a joke lol
And I really doubt that she wanted to have sex with him.
Let's not forget this is anime.

Btw am I the only one that loves the MCs voice?
Jul 10, 2019 10:39 AM

Oct 2014
Noni_Alin said:
RebelPanda said:

I like how you try to put this in a real life situation, with him molesting the child, but don't mention how she tried to kill him.

Yes, the voice acting sounds very forced. Yep, it's fiction, but the author chose to depict a kid getting spanked by a creepy old dude in the story, which is uncomfortable. Joke or not, she's blushing all over the place at the dude, jumping in his bed, is it not obvious she is trying to get in his pants?
Jul 10, 2019 10:48 AM
Jul 2017
RebelPanda said:
Noni_Alin said:

Yes, the voice acting sounds very forced. Yep, it's fiction, but the author chose to depict a kid getting spanked by a creepy old dude in the story, which is uncomfortable. Joke or not, she's blushing all over the place at the dude, jumping in his bed, is it not obvious she is trying to get in his pants?
Lol I found it funny when he spanked her, you're taking it too seriously, this is a comedy =]
And again with the girl jumping in his bed and blushing I really don't think she wanted to have sex, more like "don't let me sleep alone" or something like that
Jul 10, 2019 10:51 AM

Jun 2017
The animation... is shit. Too many freeze frames
Love the characters.
The Soundtrack is amazing albeit unfitting in some scenes
overall another isekai. And since I'm isekai trash, I love it.
Jul 10, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2014
Noni_Alin said:
Lol I found it funny when he spanked her, you're taking it too seriously, this is a comedy =]
And again with the girl jumping in his bed and blushing I really don't think she wanted to have sex, more like "don't let me sleep alone" or something like that

Yeah, I get how you'd see it that way. I hope you enjoy it too. But I'm already burnt out on it, the demon lord's rape face while spanking her kinda destroyed any humor for me. Slapstick physical comedy usually ends with characters fighting then they're not affected by it later, she was still in pain which really got me. It's hard to see how blonde rem and demon lord's relationship could be taken in any way but romantic, maybe father-daughter. We'll see what label they put on it later on.
Jul 10, 2019 11:30 AM

May 2015
Another good episode with Aku looking adorable as fuck. Seriously that outfit looked sooo good Aku winning best girl of the season pretty quickly.

Pace was a bit quick like last episode but its not too off putting.

Love the father daughter thing they've got going on really hope they keep that up since Ive been hearing bad things about the other father daughter anime this season

Also the spanking XD that end comment "Cause Im enjoying it" lmao.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 10, 2019 11:59 AM

Aug 2018
The fucking clotes seller trying to become a human ash tray was too fucking much.

I love it.

Check out my taste and my profile.
Jul 10, 2019 12:07 PM

Nov 2014
I love that MC. Spaing scene made my day. New girl seems pretty funny. She isn't anything special, but works nicely with our guy.
Preview showed few more new characters next episode. I relly hope they won't take attention away from Maou - he carries this show, too much side character focus could hurt.

I'm enjoying this anime a lot. I just wish it didn't look like shit. At least animation is consistent I guess.
Jul 10, 2019 12:14 PM

Jun 2017
I also think this episode was hilarious. This is the kind of isekai you just don't take seriously, then it becomes a nice ride.

Luna was a nice addition too.
Jul 10, 2019 1:09 PM

Oct 2018
Honestly, I like this anime so far, and that episode was pretty decent IMO :D

Also, this is so cute :D
Jul 10, 2019 1:10 PM
Apr 2013
MomoSinX said:
I also think this episode was hilarious. This is the kind of isekai you just don't take seriously, then it becomes a nice ride.

Luna was a nice addition too.

Just like you said, if you don't take it seriously, it is quite fun. Didn't expect that at first, but well ^^ Lets see what Mordred in Sabers Dress is going to do next week. Perhaps she's getting spanked as well. Mang, that was fun...
Jul 10, 2019 1:30 PM

Apr 2017
A funny episode. I'm not sure if I want to drop this yet. I'm probably going to watch a few more episodes. If it doesn't get any better I'm dropping it for sure.

Normally I would've criticized the animations but I know this is the first 'real' adaptation of this studio so I'm gonna zip my mouth and just see where all of this is going.
Jul 10, 2019 1:40 PM

Nov 2017
Well,that was interesting.Looks like he's a sadist,wonder if he'll turn the holy maiden into a masochist :)
Spanking scene was hilarious,but what got me was the end scene where he picked up on Aku's pain,and picked her up to carry her.He really is a gentleman,perverted,but still a gentleman :).
@Noni_Alin
Nope,your not the only one,I think his voice suits the character too.
Jul 10, 2019 1:52 PM
Mar 2018
This anime have some funny gags... but somehow, the rest of the time it has just an absurd plot (it's even a plot?) with nonsense characters and inconsequential situations.

I don't know, if you just wanna make a completely absurd anime like Bobobo, do it, but don't try to do a mash up between Overlord (Isekai serious plot) and Bobobo. It's very awful.
Jul 10, 2019 2:03 PM

Jan 2011
I love it. This anime is making me laugh and wth I do not care about the spanking as RL thing, its just for the laughs
Jul 10, 2019 2:03 PM

Jan 2018
I like it. This anime is very polarizing.
Jul 10, 2019 2:10 PM

Feb 2015
I can just about watch this but the animation is a shit heap
Jul 10, 2019 3:04 PM

Jan 2009
The animation is pretty low budget, but the story is fairly interesting, i'll keep watching this, ironically i'm enjoying this show more than half of this season so far.
Jul 10, 2019 3:14 PM
Apr 2018
Next episode :KILLER QUEEN!
THAT WAS A FRECKING JOJO REFERENCE?!?!? :)))
Jul 10, 2019 3:18 PM

Jan 2011
Not bad so far. I caught up pretty easy. It is an easy watch.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 10, 2019 3:23 PM
Feb 2009
lol pink hair maiden is my fAV so far getting her butt spanked was funny af
Jul 10, 2019 3:23 PM

Nov 2016
This episode was genuinely enjoyable, the comedy worked quite well.

Maou is a true gentleman and I like his S side xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2019 3:35 PM

Mar 2012
As i kept saying as someone who read the manga version, this series given time has a certain charm that would stick would you, it is not some next big title that will wow the anime world but if u shut your brain and just relax and watch as the story goes, it can be amusing.

Well i have to pretty much expect that the animation will be sub-par by todays standards but given this is the studios first major title i will give them some leeway, you can at least tell they are trying there best as this episode animation is a little better than ep 1 as it seems a little more fluid.

So yeah i encourage people who are still watching to keep going for both the charm and the little comedic moments. :)
Jul 10, 2019 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
I have no idea what to say about this. I don't think this will get any serious plot whatsover, only overplayed, stereotypical situations.

Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2019 4:19 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, the visuals dipped even more.

Someone probably put a lot of effort into that 8bit track (or whatever) playing during the scene he blocked the arrows but it definitely doesn't suit the scene or the anime.

Well at least the cast is becoming slightly more entertaining.
Jul 10, 2019 4:57 PM
Aug 2018
This show isn’t going to be anything ground breaking but at least it’s enjoyable
Jul 10, 2019 5:02 PM

May 2018
The MC is such a chad

He got my respect after he spanked that annoying pink haired kid. That'll teach her to mess with him.

Finally a decent isekai protagonist.
Jul 10, 2019 5:27 PM

Aug 2018
Amazing butt slap scene, that really gave me a genuine smile hehe

Though according to the OP, she sure will join his "party", pretty sure he will tame her lol (let's not forget there's a quick scene during the OP where Aku & presumely her sleep around an embarassed Kanai).
Jul 10, 2019 6:31 PM

Oct 2015
Honestly speaking I don't where I am at in dropping this. Logic says quit this shit, but my curiosity says otherwise and I don't know which one to listen to!

Let's hope that character at the end will deliver, because Luna didn't do it for me. Luna is one of those 'my enemy is now my harem' kind of anime characters, nothing is special about her.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 10, 2019 7:12 PM

Dec 2016
This is probably the best isekai MC I have seen in a while. And the OST surprised me when it started playing 8 bit.
Jul 10, 2019 8:51 PM

Jun 2010
RebelPanda said:

He is a Maou..
he's just doing his job lol
Jul 10, 2019 8:52 PM
Jul 2011
Funny episode.

Is that supposed to be Yahoo market and Google inn?
Jul 10, 2019 9:26 PM

Sep 2008
It was pretty good thanks to the comedy. I also like some of the OST.

I went and read the manga after last week's episode and many of the character designs there are completely different.

This is what Luna looks like in the manga:

They removed that plus-shaped accessory.

That new character appearing at the end of the episode looked like this:

Jul 10, 2019 9:40 PM
Jun 2015
Well, I don't know why i like this anime lol
It's so bad in many ways but very fun to watch so far
what is wrong with me ?
Jul 10, 2019 9:44 PM
Oct 2017
Excluding the lousy animation and backgrounds, this anime rallied with this episode. Although there is not much to highlight, they improved a lot with respect to the first episode.
The characters are the most generic but well implemented and the comedy scenes are decent.

The spanking to Luna and how Maou spent her money as if it were her own was the best.
Jul 10, 2019 9:48 PM

Jul 2012
It was actually better than first episode.
Digimon is the best Isekai
Jul 10, 2019 9:52 PM
Jun 2017
Cute and funny episode... Luna made her appearance and i love how The demon god us treating her...

And..

Aku and demon lord moment is so nice
Jul 10, 2019 9:59 PM

Mar 2014
I recently saw a vid about Shenmue so the Demon Lord raving about it in the ED I was able to get the reference lol

Aku is precious and I'm glad he's spoiling her
Jul 10, 2019 10:03 PM
Mar 2017
Second episode and Hakuto stood out for being a good guy with little Aku, also today we were introduced to Luna, another girl who personally i disliked her for how arrogant and annoying she was.

I like how Hakuto spoil Aku, I feel that he treats her in that way after hearing how her life was in her town and how she was offered as a sacrifice.

Luna received a good lesson after attacking Hakuto, the damn gangster did not stop to give her a good spanking in her butt and Hakuto extorted her to keep her money in exchance to stop her punishment, I laughed a lot with Hakuto's face, a sadistic discharging his anger.

I really liked that Hakuto used the money wisely to pamper Aku, she looked so cute in that dress and now I'm curious about what Hakuto said about Aku's eyes. I hope Hakuto does something for Aku's leg, I'm sad to see her limping like that, but on the other hand Aku looks so adorable when Hakuto carry her llike a princess.

Seems like Luna saw that Hakuto is a good guy, but she is to tsundere to admit it, but at least Aku is there for Hakuto to control himself with the bullying towards Luna.

Anyways, a very funny episode, Hakuto treated Aku as a princess and Luna received the punishment she deserved for being hateful and annoying, but even so Luna meant a fun addition, although i does not like her very much in this episode, but I hope to change my mind after several episodes, that pouting she did was so adorable.
Apparently in the next episode will appear another girl who seems to be familiar with Luna and apparently seems to have bad character and an aggressive personality
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

41 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 20, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2019

54 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 16, 6:59 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

88 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 16, 6:14 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

201 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 15, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2019

42 by august0490 »»
Jun 30, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.