Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2019 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, that's royalty right there.

Episode still had the similar feel of the others with that special guest character. I think Juulia made a new friend. I can't help but laugh a bit at their teacher this episode though. What a goofball.
Feb 9, 2019 9:38 AM

Apr 2010
The Princess appeared and she recognised Yuusha as being such unlike her classmates.
Anyway it was a funny episode and there was even a proposal which was nice.
Anyway the other girls had fun as well.
Feb 9, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2016
I was wondering when will the baiting starts.

So pink eh ? I thought they were white.
Feb 9, 2019 11:15 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Poor Mao, she’s trying to be good, but it looks like fate is conspiring against her 😓
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 9, 2019 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
Cute lesbians are what I want the most out of moe anime. That scene where they're licking candy apples with Yuusha's face on them is a nice mix of lewd and cute
Feb 9, 2019 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
I lost it at Whack-A-Yusha.
Feb 9, 2019 1:29 PM
Feb 2016
Interesting turn of events. The Hero Party actually gets acknowledged and we get a cute yuri ship. Definitely my favourite episode since the first one.
Feb 9, 2019 1:43 PM

Aug 2018
"So even adventurers who love their freedom are still just convenient servants of the politicians in the end."
- Fai Fai around 14:40 mark or so.

Thanks for the reminder Fai Fai. :'(

You're still one of my favorite girls of the bunch.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Feb 9, 2019 1:51 PM

Sep 2015
Yuri Princess best kind of Princess!
Feb 9, 2019 1:54 PM
Aug 2015
New favourite ship here, princess x hero yuri is great
Feb 9, 2019 1:59 PM
Mar 2017
I loved this episode, Princess Rona is so cute and she seems to have little Yulia in her sights.
I was very sorry that Mao did not believe the girls about their adventure on the island and the fight against the evil god, besides their classmates thought it was a child story.
Do not make Yulia cry, she still has a long way to be the heroine that everyone expects her to be.
Poor Mao, she is still confuse with a little girl, Rona seemed very sorry for her mistake, but nobody blames her, Mao is so adorable.
I liked the entrance of the group of heroines in front of the princess, their presentations were very cute, Seira was so embarrassed and Mei has the best cartados, that special effects cartado made me laugh a lot.
The yuri bait of this episode was great, I already expected that Rona was in love with the hero, but I did not expect that she would still be in love when she found out that the hero is a girl, I loved how Rona throws herself into Yulia's arms.
I am very happy that Yulia has been officially recognized as the "heroine", finally she and her friends can feel proud, Seira cried of happiness, poor thing.
Yulia blushing is very cute, it seems that she is not used to the word "love".
The heroine festival was very cute, I loved seeing all those posts with the heroine Yulia, although I was sorry to see how they ate the food with images of Yulia poor little thing, they also had a figure of her and Mei exposed her pantsu and the real Yulia was very embarrassed.
The sexy sensei appeared again, I missed her, she's still trying to flirt with Mao, but who can blame her, even though Mao does not like being spoiled too much.
The play of the adventures of the heroine made me laugh a lot, because it was only the princess guards wearing the girls' masks.
By God that yuri moment of Rona and Yulia, she tells her that when she was a child she wanted to be the wife of the "hero", she literally said that she loves Yulia and she reminds her that both are women, but the response of the princess is so cute and funny.
Poor Mao awoke the wrath of a monster and interrupts the conversation of Yulia and Rona, but it seems that Yulia made Rona's heart speed up. In the end, Rona joins Mao's class to be closer to her heroine.
salbery755Feb 9, 2019 2:03 PM
Feb 9, 2019 4:22 PM

Feb 2007
Now that's a princess, not letting any law she can change to get in the way of her yuri! :D

And looks like her legendary card was good for more than just the underwhelming recognition of the hero, she clearly knows what Mao really is as well.
Feb 9, 2019 4:29 PM
Nov 2018
Best ep of endro yet, maybe. Maybe not the best, but my favourite. After the first ep my intrest was dwindling but I did enjoy this ep. A bit of world developing and hints to the politics of the world. As daru would say "yuri development ftw", although it seems a gay relationship is illegal. This show could become one of my fav this season if it has more mature themes, if they strick a nice balance between that and rn than endro would become an 8 for me, instead of a 7
Feb 9, 2019 4:40 PM

Oct 2010
From the pre-release character description, I thought Rona would be sort of an otaku for heroes, but wasn't expecting anything beyond the light yuri tease typical of moe shows. Wow. To paraphrase a couple of posts on the NationStates forum circa 2003, "She doesn't beat about the bush. She wants to get right in."

The ending felt like Spider-Man 2:

Feb 9, 2019 5:05 PM
Dec 2018
So I guess we got the lesbian ship we didn’t even know we wanted.
Feb 9, 2019 7:21 PM

May 2018
Timz0r said:
"So even adventurers who love their freedom are still just convenient servants of the politicians in the end."

I feel like they always put in some scene like this in every episode, when the character explicitly commenting about what really happen in real life.

Well, that lesbian confession is escalated quickly, huh ? Yeah, this princess is in huge love with heroes, so gender is not a mind for her.
Feb 9, 2019 9:23 PM

Aug 2018
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:
Timz0r said:

I feel like they always put in some scene like this in every episode, when the character explicitly commenting about what really happen in real life.

Well, that lesbian confession is escalated quickly, huh ? Yeah, this princess is in huge love with heroes, so gender is not a mind for her.

You could indeed say you can find familair lines like that snugged into this anime so far. I'm glad I'm not the only one that been noticing this. :-O

The yuri bait can indeed be lewd enough to take out of context. Maybe next episode we get more elf ear nomming. :-P
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Feb 9, 2019 10:00 PM

Aug 2013
Swagernator said:

Good thing this isn't bait, right? Just yuri. This is also directed to the othet two that called it bait.
Feb 10, 2019 1:37 AM

May 2018
I'm assuming the soldiers drew lots who'll be the unlucky guys who have to do the play :D

And my. The hero is a girl? Well, the princess is flexible, she can work with that :D
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 10, 2019 3:00 AM

Oct 2007
Things escalated quickly, did not expect the princess to actually propose. And by the looks of it.. princess also seems to know Mao's true identity, bad luck for Mao -- maybe she needs to transform into her evil old man self again.

Can't the soldiers take off their armor while at the stalls? Must be hot being covered in iron all the time, I'm surprised none of them complained.
Liddo-kunFeb 10, 2019 8:39 AM
Feb 10, 2019 6:34 AM

Feb 2017
dam, dat yuri strike to the point

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Feb 10, 2019 8:31 AM
Jan 2016
I feel bad for no one believe in Yuusha Group about defeating that subaquatic demon lord!

Princess Rona made her appearance, she is trully lovely and adorable!

She helped Yulia to increase her reputation as heroine, and didn't expect her to be transfered for adventurers school!

That festival was funny!

Maybe princess Runa knows about Mao, by their interaction at the end!
Feb 10, 2019 12:05 PM
Jan 2019
The theatrical work was very funny. LOL
PD: I hope not to see scissors.
Feb 10, 2019 3:43 PM

Jan 2014
I may be wrong but seems like ever since 2018 CGDCT anime started having actual yuri rather than yuri bait.

Also, this is the best episode yet. I love this anime so much :D
--YURI--Feb 10, 2019 3:46 PM
Feb 10, 2019 6:06 PM
Oct 2018
All-Purpose Chibi-chan hell yeah! She makes your weapon clean and you don't need to fed her afterward xD

Poor Mao, nobody takes here seriously ._.

Hahahaha that sentai intro xD I was wondering if they'd do one eventualy.Too bad they were morrons and EXPLODED next to royalty, cause that's a good idea XD

Hahaha the reason Mao went along with the princess for the festival was because of money? Does that counts as evil intent on Mao's part? She's slowly getting back on her old Maou way even though she's given up xD

Lol the figurine scene xD (Wearing pink!)

Wow, the guards nailed their personality xD Also, poor Mao, give her a damn break xD When it's not crazy obsessed lesbos it's crazy bulls xD (The princess definitely knows what's up too)
Feb 10, 2019 7:22 PM

Jul 2016
Yuri Princess! Glad to see this show's doing Namori proud!
Feb 10, 2019 9:47 PM

Jul 2017
Welp, good thing I follow Anitwitter 'cause I almost dropped this show just before it stopped being boring and a relative failure. Rona swooping in to bring that yuri goodness. She kind of reminds me of the girl in Ne no Kami a little bit who's name eludes me (if anyone gets that reference you deserve a cookie) though I doubt it'll get as far as her and Len did.
Feb 10, 2019 11:53 PM

Oct 2008
looks like Rona is a bit yuri for our yuusha Charl
4/5.

Feb 11, 2019 12:07 AM

May 2017
Hands down best episode so far lol, first four episode is a snoozefest, glad it can have an episode like this, the yuri bait makes it even better
Feb 11, 2019 12:50 AM

Mar 2013
Is it just me or was Rona happy to find out the hero was female? A simple description of the situation would've made me expect an "a cat is fine too" reaction, but this one is much better(though I still have to ship Yusha and Mao-chan).

I'm also slightly surprised that our pint-sized demon lord didn't do anything after being attacked by the bull; is she nigh-powerless in this form or did she simply not want to give herself away?
Feb 11, 2019 2:37 AM

Feb 2007
Polycell said:
Is it just me or was Rona happy to find out the hero was female? A simple description of the situation would've made me expect an "a cat is fine too" reaction, but this one is much better(though I still have to ship Yusha and Mao-chan).

I wouldn't quite say she was happy, but she didn't let that get in her way either. The way I see it, even when she said she could change the law to allow them to get married, she was still mainly just working off her romanticized fantasies of the classic hero and princess couple. Only once Yusha declares that she is going to fight not because she is the hero but because of who she is herself do we see Rona start developing actual feelings for her as the actual person and not just the idea of the hero.
Feb 11, 2019 3:58 PM

Aug 2018
Mao-Chan just cracks me up with her antics, and as she keeps on getting bad news.
Feb 11, 2019 7:31 PM

Jul 2015
About time the G A Y got here, took longer than I expected.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 12, 2019 12:10 AM

Dec 2009
Well that was a lot of unexpected development...

I was expecting it to continue just being yuusha nonsense vs Mao... though Mao giving up so early and suddenly i was thinking i dunno... They did introduce another demon lord esque being, so i was kinda guessing maybe there was gonna be more random shenanigans like that, with them continuing to be not taken seriously...

...out of nowhere, recognition! royalty interest! ...and to top it all off, actual yuri goodness!!

Another anime answers my call for cute legitimate yuri~ Satisfied is me.
GenesisAriaFeb 12, 2019 12:15 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Feb 12, 2019 5:17 AM

Oct 2007
NoviSun said:
Mao-Chan just cracks me up with her antics, and as she keeps on getting bad news.

Mao wants to retire from demon lord job, but she cannot escape the eyes of Princess Rona. Let's see where this goes. xD

GenesisAria said:

...out of nowhere, recognition! royalty interest! ...and to top it all off, actual yuri goodness!!

Hopefully, more cgdct should follow the footsteps of this show.
BarnaldMar 6, 2019 4:31 AM
Feb 13, 2019 9:31 PM

Nov 2009
The princess is actually "BI"

She originally thought it would be a male Hero, in which she would become his wife.

But turns out the Hero is a girl, so she decide to switch to Yuri instead.

(part of this is because of her "duty" as it was shown at the start of episode, but also because of her childhood filled with tales of hero's adventures)
amlgFeb 13, 2019 9:36 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Feb 15, 2019 4:16 PM

Sep 2018
hopefully this show doesn't become gay, i love cute girls doing cute things animes but if it becomes yuri then it ruins everything for me, hopefully it doesn't turn into one, pls don't be gay Yuusha sama

Liddo-kun said:
NoviSun said:

Mao wants to retire from demon lord job, but she cannot escape the eyes of Princess Rona. Let's see where this goes. xD
well she does have that card that can tell the truth so there's no escape for Mao chan now not unless she kills the Princess which will never happen in the show probably because it's a slice of life cute girls doing cute things anime
BarnaldMar 6, 2019 4:31 AM
Feb 16, 2019 1:58 AM

Apr 2012
Wishender said:
I may be wrong but seems like ever since 2018 CGDCT anime started having actual yuri rather than yuri bait.

Having one-sided yuri's crush is one of the most common examples of yuri bait, I don't know what you are talking about. If you think this is "real yuri", then yuri bait simply does not exist, since CGDCT had token yuri girl's characters since its inception.

Anon028 said:
Swagernator said:

Good thing this isn't bait, right? Just yuri. This is also directed to the othet two that called it bait.

For now, it's just a side character with one-sided crush on MC, it's bait. Especially if it is played for semi-serious shiping and fanservice, and not as a serious romantic line.
RobertBobertFeb 16, 2019 2:08 AM
Feb 16, 2019 7:04 AM

Aug 2013
RobertBobert said:

For now, it's just a side character with one-sided crush on MC, it's bait. Especially if it is played for semi-serious shiping and fanservice, and not as a serious romantic line.

Even if they need more screentime together to actually get closer, MC had hearts around her the first time she saw her, it's obvious it won't remain one-sided when every Hero ends up marrying the Princess, it's a staple of RPGs.

The marriage plot will come back once they actually get closer and she can give a positive answer to the proposal, I predict in the last two episodes. Next episode focus is Mao.
Feb 16, 2019 7:08 AM

Apr 2012
Anon028 said:
RobertBobert said:

Even if they need more screentime together to actually get closer, MC had hearts around her the first time she saw her, it's obvious it won't remain one-sided when every Hero ends up marrying the Princess, it's a staple of RPGs.

The marriage plot will come back once they actually get closer and she can give a positive answer to the proposal, I predict in the last two episodes. Next episode focus is Mao.

These are all typical yurifan's speculations and fortune-telling on the coffeehouse. At the same time, deep down you know perfectly well that this will not go further than fanservice and shiping.
Feb 16, 2019 2:31 PM

Jan 2014
RobertBobert said:
Wishender said:

Having one-sided yuri's crush is one of the most common examples of yuri bait, I don't know what you are talking about. If you think this is "real yuri", then yuri bait simply does not exist, since CGDCT had token yuri girl's characters since its inception.

Anon028 said:

Idk why you are being aggressive about it but if there's girl x girl it's yuri to me. How come whenever someone tries to say something on MAL forums it's always treated like an invitation to a debate or something smh -_-
Feb 16, 2019 2:40 PM

Apr 2012
Wishender said:
RobertBobert said:

Idk why you are being aggressive about it but if there's girl x girl it's yuri to me. How come whenever someone tries to say something on MAL forums it's always treated like an invitation to a debate or something smh -_-

Because the yuri community is very quickly turning into the worst version of yaoi fangirls. In any case, I don't care about ENDRO and its ships, but talking that side token yuri girls don't be yuri-bait? Please.
RobertBobertFeb 16, 2019 2:51 PM
Feb 16, 2019 6:57 PM
May 2016
Swagernator said:

I don't think this counts as baiting because the princess is clearly in love with Yusha. I'd say it'll probably end up being an unrequited love unless the writers are bold enough to make them an actual item.
Feb 17, 2019 6:17 AM

Sep 2018
Really fun this episode, but there must also be the character of Mao-chan in the cast, otherwise it is not the same thing. Storytelling with many pleasant and friendly situations, although the plot is not original. Excellent quality of drawings and animations.
Mar 4, 2019 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
RobertBobert said:
Anon028 said:

These are all typical yurifan's speculations and fortune-telling on the coffeehouse. At the same time, deep down you know perfectly well that this will not go further than fanservice and shiping.

Rona's feelings are serious now, she doesn't see Yusha as a Hero now, but as the person she is, there is literally no reason to develop her feelings in a serious way like this if they don't plan to do something with it. Only Yusha is left as the final piece of the puzzle, it's on her to reciprocate Rona now.
Mar 5, 2019 6:13 AM

Apr 2012
Anon028 said:
RobertBobert said:

Rona's feelings are serious now, she doesn't see Yusha as a Hero now, but as the person she is, there is literally no reason to develop her feelings in a serious way like this if they don't plan to do something with it. Only Yusha is left as the final piece of the puzzle, it's on her to reciprocate Rona now.

Oh, come on. No matter how hard you try to look at it as seriously as possible, this yuri stuff in CGDCT doesn't become a serious romantic line. If you want real yuri romance, then go and watch a show like Yagatte Kimi ni Naru or even Citrus, and not waste your time on self-conviction when watching such shows.

NG_Chloe said:
Swagernator said:

I don't think this counts as baiting because the princess is clearly in love with Yusha. I'd say it'll probably end up being an unrequited love unless the writers are bold enough to make them an actual item.

One-sided crush is half of yuri baiting in anime. As long as it does not have a serious development or becomes a serious part of the plot, this is all yuri bait. There are shows where 90% of cast speaks openly about yuri or do yuri-ish thing, but the show itself never comes to open romance.
RobertBobertMar 5, 2019 6:21 AM
Mar 5, 2019 7:18 AM

Oct 2010
RobertBobert said:
One-sided crush is half of yuri baiting in anime. As long as it does not have a serious development or becomes a serious part of the plot, this is all yuri bait. There are shows where 90% of cast speaks openly about yuri or do yuri-ish thing, but the show itself never comes to open romance.

Exactly, this is a one-sided crush. Not yuri bait.

Unless you are saying that every crush that doesn't turn into a romance is bait because people can't fall in love with other people without a mutual romantic development even though the word "crush" means exactly that.
Mar 5, 2019 7:42 AM

Apr 2012
jal90 said:
RobertBobert said:

Unless you are saying that every crush that doesn't turn into a romance is bait because people can't fall in love with other people without a mutual romantic development even though the word "crush" means exactly that.

It is a bait, because adding one-sided crush as a fanservice element, it creates the illusion that the show will get yuri romance in the futher + gives a lesbian character as a fanservice, remember Kuroko from Railgun. These are simple anime tropes, I don’t understand why I need to explain this. You yourself can compare how many CGDCT shows had such a subplot and in how many it has ever reached the status of a serious romantic line. You can ship as many characters as you want, or even represent it as a second Casablanca, but do not think that token yuri girls are somethig new.
Mar 5, 2019 8:04 AM

Oct 2010
RobertBobert said:
jal90 said:

It is a bait, because adding one-sided crush as a fanservice element, it creates the illusion that the show will get yuri romance in the futher + gives a lesbian character as a fanservice, remember Kuroko from Railgun. These are simple anime tropes, I don’t understand why I need to explain this. You yourself can compare how many CGDCT shows had such a subplot and in how many it has ever reached the status of a serious romantic line. You can ship as many characters as you want, or even represent it as a second Casablanca, but do not think that token yuri girls are somethig new.

What are you talking about? Where is the fanservice element when Rona's crush has lead her to behave in certain ways towards the rest of the cast which has advanced the plot in specific ways?

I know the shit about "bait" and the double standards this term holds but this case doesn't even fit the term, even if I choose to ignore these double standards.

And please don't act like I'm new to this "yuri bait" bullshit speech just because I don't buy it.
Mar 5, 2019 8:27 AM

Apr 2012
jal90 said:
RobertBobert said:

What are you talking about? Where is the fanservice element when Rona's crush has lead her to behave in certain ways towards the rest of the cast which has advanced the plot in specific ways?

I know the shit about "bait" and the double standards this term holds but this case doesn't even fit the term, even if I choose to ignore these double standards.

And please don't act like I'm new to this "yuri bait" bullshit speech just because I don't buy it.

Kuroko's yuriness also largely determines her behavior in the anime and many fans of the original manga even complained that this is becoming the only element of her personality in adaptation. But this was never a serious subject of the plot, and Misaka obviously never returns her feelings.

I understand that you really want to give some weight to this element, because it will allow you to convince yourself that this is an important element of the plot or personality of the character, not baiting, but this is just self-deception. We have more than 40% of matches in the anime list and you watched almost as much anime as I did. I don’t think you don't understand what I’m talking about.
BarnaldMar 6, 2019 4:29 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

64 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 11, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

36 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 9, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2019

30 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 6, 12:55 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2019

57 by itsChiaki »»
Jul 19, 2023 3:39 AM

Poll: » Endro~! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2019

29 by SoraKara »»
Dec 13, 2022 11:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.