Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 13, 2017 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another solid episode.

We got more trouble around the city as Sword undertakes to do his usual work. Even some humans aren't trustworthy in this series. In fact, anyone can be a Horror/Monster.

Solid road action as expected. For one thing, I really like the intensity of the fights in this show. I'm guessing that Rook guy could be a rival for Sword in this season. Looking forward to seeing more of him in action.
Oct 13, 2017 11:51 AM

Jun 2015
Another great episode. A new character is introduced, whose name is Rook. He works with Sword. He's very good with a sniper rifle. They worked together to take down a Horror that took over someone who wanted to run again. His backstory is sad. He was an Olympic sprinter, but is in rehab because he saved Enith from a falling signboard, which fell on top of him. It's a shame she won't ever see him again.
Oct 13, 2017 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Rook is one of the coolest characters I've seen.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2017 1:09 PM
Mar 2016
RIP to Hardy...........................................It looks like Sword either told her the truth but Edith doesn't wanna believe or he told her a lie so that she be hoping for nothing.
Oct 13, 2017 1:27 PM

Mar 2016
There's enough racial stereotypes in this episode to make an SJW die from exposure lol
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 13, 2017 1:30 PM

Nov 2016
That was pretty good again, interesting story which unfortunately ended on a sad note, quite the tragedy :S

The action scenes weren't as shaky as in the previous episode and looked dynamic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 13, 2017 2:13 PM

Jan 2012
Best Garo ever.
Rook's shooting was really awesome, especially the slow-motion on the shell being ejected after he fired :)

Oct 13, 2017 2:25 PM
Aug 2014
Whoahoho said:
RIP to Hardy...........................................It looks like Sword either told her the truth but Edith doesn't wanna believe or he told her a lie so that she be hoping for nothing.

Rook/Luke fired another one of his 'amnesia rain bullet' so she forgot what happened
Oct 13, 2017 2:26 PM
Aug 2014
Guns, mages got quite the upgrade this time
Oct 13, 2017 2:27 PM

Jan 2017
I really liked the episode and the series is shaping up nicely. The episode reminded me of Animatrix a little.lol
Oct 13, 2017 2:27 PM
Apr 2016
Take a look at the opening sequence: the line between the White and Black Makai armour - the Vanishing Line. Characters (Sword obviously) will keep losing the sight of that line before it begins to vanish; ones meant to protect melting their morality away in the unending struggle with Horrors and Humans alike.
Re:formed
Oct 13, 2017 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
This is the type of Garo storytelling I missed from the Divine Flame series that was failed to shine through in Crimson Moon. Talk about major jump in quality. Liking Vanishing Line more and more.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 13, 2017 3:11 PM

Sep 2016
episode was pretty dope diversity in the show is pretty awesome as well i dont know where these events go down but im thinking maybe the west? he said something about people doing something in the east made me think ah he was must be opposite of their then lol but yea looking forward to this show
Facta Non Verba
Oct 13, 2017 3:25 PM

Nov 2015
I really like this show for now, but it looked like the animation quality slightly dropped in this episode. I'm looking forward to the third episode, and might even watch some older Garo shows :D
Oct 13, 2017 3:27 PM

Apr 2009
I'm really liking this so far. One of the better shows of this anime season.
Oct 13, 2017 3:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another solid episode.

We got more trouble around the city as Sword undertakes to do his usual work. Even some humans aren't trustworthy in this series. In fact, anyone can be a Horror/Monster.

Solid road action as expected. For one thing, I really like the intensity of the fights in this show. I'm guessing that Rook guy could be a rival for Sword in this season. Looking forward to seeing more of him in action.
Same on all accounts, but I felt bad for the woman at the end :(
Oct 13, 2017 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
Really solid episode and I think the dynamic between rook and sword is going to be a great one going foreword. Rook is just badass but he has enough of a straight man routine with sword's bombastic personality and actions that it prevents him from being bland.

JohnTron said:
There's enough racial stereotypes in this episode to make an SJW die from exposure lol
What racial stereotypes were present at all in this episode, the portrayal of hardy and his girlfriend was totally respectable and didn't at all make their race reliant on their characters personalities at all, they just happened to be black. Same can be said for rook.

The only stereotype in the show is sword, and hes awesome cause of it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 13, 2017 3:37 PM

May 2015
Can't have enough of the action sequences in this show.

Solid episode. Rook is an interesting character so far. Felt sorry for the woman, though.

Oct 13, 2017 4:32 PM

Feb 2013
Was that the runner dude from Animatrix?

The scene where the demon/horror took over the guy was the only great part of the episode... the music, the visuals, great.

Everything else... I was pretty bored.
Oct 13, 2017 4:42 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Definitely better than the first episode at least
Oct 13, 2017 4:56 PM

May 2014
Good episode!
I really like the introduction of Luke/Rook! He's a pretty cool dude and I've always been a sucker for those "straight man and the fool" kind of duos.

Judging by the pace and how the first two episodes have been episodic with splashes of plot here and there, I'm thinking this might be more than one-cour?? I think the other Garo anime have as well, so this one could also follow suit.

If that's the case, I might put the series on the back burner until it's over. It really seems like the sort of anime that's better to marathon imo!

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2017 6:14 PM

Sep 2011
Strawberrycake48 said:

Judging by the pace and how the first two episodes have been episodic with splashes of plot here and there, I'm thinking this might be more than one-cour?? I think the other Garo anime have as well, so this one could also follow suit.
Its confirmed to be a 24 episode series

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 13, 2017 6:25 PM

May 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

Thanks for confirming, I think I'll wait until it's finished airing then!
Oct 13, 2017 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
Strawberrycake48 said:
JizzyHitler said:

Thanks for confirming, I think I'll wait until it's finished airing then!
probably a decent idea, the first garo had a few pacing stops in the plot with some standalone episodes that felt worse solely watching them weekly than they actually were. Like that episode about the horror doctor i recall being dissapointed by ongoing cause it was in the way of the plot and seeing leon's character development, but when I look back at the episode on its own its actually a pretty fucking great episode.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Oct 13, 2017 7:19 PM

Jun 2014
It sucks that this episode ended on a sad note, but on the bright side we got another solid and entertaining episode. Luke/Rook is a pretty cool character and seems badass, and it should be fun watching his interactions with Sword. They have completely different personalities which makes them funny to watch.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Oct 13, 2017 7:46 PM

Jun 2014
Sword puts the "GAR" back in Garo, if you know what I mean ;)

/lamejoke

Loved the dope soundtrack we got this episode.
Im also very impressed with how much detail/uniqueness is put into every character design, even for the single-episode side characters like Hardy and Enith.
Oct 13, 2017 8:09 PM

Jan 2015
Feels like Dante and Vergil's confrontation, but their main weapon is reversed. xD
The "Routine" story finally begin. People with bad luck either get "corrupted" or become Horror's prey. And yet I gotta admit that is so cool and never bored watching it. I wonder what will happen to Sophie next.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 13, 2017 8:41 PM

Oct 2014
Still really entertaining. The CGI action scene at the end was a bit awkward and felt unfinished but other than that the art is still nice.
It seems like the story is settling in this episode, hopefully they can develop the characters more from this simple structure.
Oct 13, 2017 10:36 PM

Sep 2017
I enjoyed it more then the first episode.
Oct 13, 2017 11:58 PM

Jul 2014
Characters are pretty good but the animation is pretty bad. Modern setting isn't working well. The modern live actions have largely ignored technology and it works out much better for the show as the motorcycle is silly. Go go Voltron! This may end up better than Crimson Moon, but I can't see it being better than any of the other Garo, animated or live action. Hopefully we'll get more Makai Retsuden.
Oct 14, 2017 12:31 AM
Jan 2017
Favorite anime this season so far. Very fun show. Why isn't this rated higher?

Anyways action is cool. Character designs are great. Like able characters. I really want to learn more about sophie. LOVE the music.

Oct 14, 2017 2:08 AM

Jul 2016
Solid once again.

Going to be a good ride I would think.
Oct 14, 2017 3:20 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. Felt bad for the woman.

Oct 14, 2017 3:55 AM

Dec 2014
hmm felt bad for the couple s....seemed like it was no one fault
Oct 14, 2017 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
If this Garo gonna have only action and defeating horrors and less plot I'll be plain bored in watching. For now I'm looking forward to Gina.
Oct 14, 2017 4:51 AM

Jun 2016
Another great episode. That OP really hypes me up. Ugh. This anime's got great soundtrack and it reminds me a lot of Doom. Goddamn.

We met a new character and his name is Luke/Rook. He can make it rain and that rain can make people forget everything that involves those monsters. So, Sophie can't remember Sword. Goddamn.

That poor black guy, though. He just wanted to run, but he was fooled by that awful monster and that monster eats people, I guess? He got what he wanted, but it turned him into a monster. Apparently, he's an Olympic gold medalist.

Rooooook, you're so cool! Waaaaaaah. So, Sword and Luke are now a team? Awww. Hahaha.

Freaking loved this episode. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 14, 2017 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
Luke sure got popular haha, he reminds me of the protagonist from Furi u v u
I want more Sophie ;;
Oct 14, 2017 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Holy crap...a modern anime, had an actual, legit, black character, that was also not a racial stereotype.
Probably the last black character that'll ever appear in this anime.
Oct 14, 2017 12:18 PM
May 2015
Solid episode, really enjoying this series.
Oct 14, 2017 12:30 PM
Apr 2016
Mascera said:
Feels like Dante and Vergil's confrontation, but their main weapon is reversed. xD
The "Routine" story finally begin. People with bad luck either get "corrupted" or become Horror's prey. And yet I gotta admit that is so cool and never bored watching it. I wonder what will happen to Sophie next.

It's not that their "luck"(the concept of which is questionable) is bad, it is them that are flawed. Horrors do not plant themselves into humans without humans accepting them beforehand. They feel those negative emotions, they want them gone, they wish for power just whatever - and they welcome that "relief" which is in fact the taint. Had Hardy come in terms with being unable to run, he would not have been suspectible to Horrors. Horrors are simply an allegory to those negative aspekts humanity encompasses and breeds. The imperfection that makes ones welcome the evil inside themselves
Re:formed
Oct 14, 2017 12:45 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Another solid episode. Rook seems to be an ok character so far, can't say until we see more of him. Sword is just as cool as always. Felt bad for the Olympic man succumbing to evil just so he could run again.

Oct 14, 2017 3:44 PM

Dec 2015
Was expecting the episode to revolve more closely around Luke considering the episode was in his namesake. Animation was good and the story was solid however pacing really thwarted Luke's character development + the emotional impact of the Olympic dude.

Really looking forward to seeing Gina, she looks like a lot of fun.
~
Oct 14, 2017 6:27 PM

Jun 2013
a good episode i felt bad for the guy he just wanted to run
Oct 14, 2017 8:33 PM

Mar 2017
I'm so confused lol, episode 2 preview said his name was "Luke"? But his character profile says "Rook"?

Anyway can't wait for the next episode. Gina looks badass!
Oct 15, 2017 2:55 PM

Oct 2013
The way this is paced for now, as well as the general atmosphere kinda reminds me of Darker than Black ~ mostly the 1st season with the episodic nature to start things off while we get used to the world & setting, with some elements of the 2nd (a young red head girl that's looking for someone that ends up cooperating with the badass MC).

And of course, that's certainly not a bad thing :D
Oct 15, 2017 4:30 PM

Jul 2009
Luke is awesome! Also, is the sister the girl we see with Sophie in the ED?
Oct 15, 2017 11:21 PM

Jul 2009
Wow that was actually entertaining. Some nice emotional moments, better action sequences than the first episode (though the camera still needs work), and a cool new character. This show reminds me a lot of gritty 90's western cartoons, and in a good way.

Honestly one of the better shows this season.
Oct 16, 2017 2:39 AM

Mar 2014
This was more enjoyable than the first episode, though I wish Sophie had more screentime. The OP is lit. The action sequences were fairly entertaining. I think I'm going to enjoy the interactions between Sword and Luke. I hope we get more info on their backstory and personalities as well as the dynamic between them.
Oct 16, 2017 6:51 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! That was so stylish!
Rook was badass cool!
5/5!

Oct 17, 2017 1:01 PM

Sep 2017
Oh yeah, that was a pretty good episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

91 by guntz_au »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2017

35 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 10, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xeogran - Mar 23, 2018

55 by Hisoka2107 »»
Aug 16, 2023 2:11 PM

» Should i watch this or the 2014 series?

Kitsune_089 - Aug 7, 2021

4 by Max-OG »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

145 by Duck67 »»
Dec 1, 2022 5:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.