Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2017 9:47 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see more of Sophie again. It didn't surprise me that she and Sword would reunite.

I thought this episode was alright. It's kinda nice to see Sophie's past even if it was just a few glimpses. Episode got dark fast in the second half..damn. If I was Sophie, I'd be more careful around anyone from now on. At least Sword is with her now.
Stark700Oct 27, 2017 10:55 AM
Oct 27, 2017 11:28 AM
Jan 2016
We got a full version of the song that plays during the fights yet?
It's epic!
Oct 27, 2017 11:37 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I felt pretty bad for the lady in this episode.....Her brother is a piece of shit for what he did to her
Oct 27, 2017 11:38 AM

Jun 2015
An episode focusing on Sophie. She practices karate with the sister. Poor Marie was abused by her brother and got turned into a Horror. Sophie almost got eaten by her, but Sword saved her. He's going to help her find her brother.
Oct 27, 2017 12:07 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Omfg

Sophie is sooooooooo kawaii >//////<
Oct 27, 2017 12:26 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Was a good episode. We get some more Sophie and Sword killing a horror. Now that Sophie has asked for Sword's help we're gonna get more of them interacting with each other finally.

Excited for the next episode.
Oct 27, 2017 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
Felt bad for the sister.

It was inevitable that Sophie will join Sword. Looking forward to the next episode.

Oct 27, 2017 2:27 PM

May 2015
Awful brother.... Good thing he's no more.

Good episode.

Oct 27, 2017 2:57 PM
Mar 2016
Aw man, Marie is a victim of his priest brother with some kind of siscon......
Oct 27, 2017 4:58 PM

Mar 2016
Complete episode analysis from my perspective, don't read if easily offended or if you enjoy the show too much.

Still like the opening. Feels wasted on this show though.

The overuse of Western church philosophy is excogitating, (sarcasm [if it wasn't obvious]) to say the least, not to mention totally useless to the plot. Oh cool, Nuns. What is this, Little Orphan Annie?

(Not to formulate a digression from the prior statement but this bugged me quite a bit.)
This stark reflection to Summer War's use of visualization towards the internet feels flat and I don't get it. Is the internet so boring that we need a color pallet an LSD user would consider to be too vivid?

Random chocolate memory; the premise of this show is melting faster.

Those sure are some dirty dishes. To think she wanted to keep the house looking good on the outside by gardening but she hasn't even done the dishes?
Oh I see, it's just to tell us that Ripley hasn't been there in awhile. She doesn't seem like a good housekeeper, was it his job to do the dishes? So many questions, so little time, I just want to see more of Sophie's spats.

Delicious soup, just like those tight ass spats.

Useless dialogue about pictures.

Two break cards that don't match or fit the atmosphere of the show.
As if to say the first part was less serious than the next, based on how they're portrayed.
Literally half an episode was dedicated to nothing.

Sword seems to be the only redeemable character in this show so far. He's a ladies man who doesn't go beyond the boundary of his flirtation. Sword for president.

Flashback to show some relation to the plot towards the affection of the characters in the episode, as if the show is episodic when it's not.
I don't care for these characters and we're probably not going to see them again.

What the **** is El Dorado? I'm just getting bad Disney Movie vibes every time it's brought up, or John Wayne's voice depending on how old you are.
It's time to stop.
Can I just see more of Sophie's spats?

The backgrounds in this episode look so bad compared to the amazing cityscape backdrops of the previous.

Random cooking, I guess that lazy woman did the dishes after god knows how long.
The sun is setting when Sophie gets back and she said she just got back even though she states she's sorry she took so long. Where did all this time go?
Suddenly Marie can cook when she had a very limited knowledge of how to do so before my redheaded sexy spat waifu arrived.
14:00 minute mark and nothing has happened besides some grade-school detective-work, a seemingly decent cooking show and chasing Sword's bike for an undisclosed amount of time.

Marie says that she always ate dinner at dinner time. You don't say.
She expands on the routine and goes into creepy detail about taking a shower after.
Useless dialogue and a flashback we don't need. Oh I guess it matters because we see Sophie's online persona... no this doesn't matter at all.
Can this dialogue end already.
Oh look the twist we saw coming half a kilometer away.
Sophie falls down the same stairs as Marie did in the flashback to show some sort of symbolism about Marie turning into her brother...?
Sophie sprints up the stairs, showing off her tight ass spats in the process. Did I mention I like spats?
She locks herself in the basement instead of trying to escape.
More plot twists that you should've saw coming. Makes you think Sword should've also saw this, he's not an idiot even if it was a facade.

Garo: Vanishing Line steals a key horror element from The Grudge.

Talking to a head. I digress.
Garo: Vanishing Line attempting to be Shakespearean.

Cannibalism.

Jesus me, any Monster waifu fanboys will be offended from this point on. If you're turned on there's no hope for you.
Even though half of us popped a chub when we saw them titties.

"Let me eat your future."
Possibly the most evil thing I've heard all week, besides when I said it to my breakfast this morning.

Sword knew all along but didn't show much care towards Sophie. As if Sword knows Sophie is dead weight and a third-wheel making the plot slower than my grandma up a flight of stairs.
Sword's bike goes up a flight of stairs out of the basement, my grandma is jealous.

The show uses, (as normal so far) a respectful soundtrack towards the situation.

Sword and Marie fight but the camera focus is on Sophie almost the whole time.
You're telling me Sword can't finish her off in the time it takes Sophie to climb the bell-tower?
The show tries to convey to us that Sophie can be useful when without prior planning with Sword about what to do, (but rather in the spur of the moment) pushes the bell off the tower not looking or knowing where Marie will be. Sophie is useless and the animation studio knows it.

Sword easily defeats Marie by transforming for a mere 0.5 seconds. That whole thing about Sophie climbing the tower... oh just forget it.
Sophie falls off the tower and should have died to save this show's premise.

Flashback to provoke future events is useless and hollow.

Is the show actually starting now or is this just another episodic foreshadowing?

Tacos.

In conclusion, what a mess.

Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 27, 2017 5:55 PM

Dec 2010
lol, dropping that bell off the tower was so pointless
Oct 27, 2017 6:52 PM

Oct 2013
Holy shit, that thing creeped the hell outta me when it started crawling in human form way more than it did when it actually transformed. The way it broke through the ceiling and just climbed down on it gave a feeling that you're not safe anywhere ~ really nice execution, captured the moment perfectly.
Oct 27, 2017 7:45 PM

Jan 2015
Yes!!! More story about Sophie. BUT still it won't be "Fun", or should I say "Interesting" without Sword involved isn't it? LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Oct 28, 2017 12:05 AM

Jul 2016
Good episode that gets Sophie and Sword together finally.

Hopefully we start moving towards El Dorado soon.
Oct 28, 2017 12:39 AM

Jun 2016
Omfg. I'm so happy we get to see Sophie again and apparently she still remember Sword even though after Luke's rain thingy. Haha.

The recent case is about the priest missing and apparently he has a sister and she's damn beautiful, but she's the culprit. No wonder I sense something fishy about her and had a feeling that Sophie's not safe around Marie-san. She became a Horror because her brother (the priest) wouldn't let her meet men, interact with men, or be in a relationship with a man, hence she became a Horror. Such a waste of beauty. Poor woman. Kinda happy that the priest died. Hahaha. Glad she ate him. Lmfao.

Her Horror form sure reminds me of that female Mimic (movie) alien/monster. Haha.

Finally, we saw Sophie's brother, and what a kind person and brother he is. I hope he's alive and well. I don't want to see my Sophie sad.

And YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Sophie and Sword are together again. I'm so happy. My fave duo. I have a feeling that Sophie and Gina will get along and I want to see them two being like sisters. Hihi. Oh, I miss Luke.

Great episode and the soundtrack, maaan. 5/5. <3

ManlyTear said:
Holy shit, that thing creeped the hell outta me when it started crawling in human form way more than it did when it actually transformed. The way it broke through the ceiling and just climbed down on it gave a feeling that you're not safe anywhere ~ really nice execution, captured the moment perfectly.

Definitely creeped the hell outta me because the way Marie's Horror form moves reminds me of Marguerite from RE7.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 28, 2017 6:58 AM

Apr 2014
It was a nice ep.

But man I almost forgot that this was Garo especially with the transformation happening out of nowhere and lasting 2 secs.
Not counting the fight on the bike every transformation in this season has been very brief.

Oct 28, 2017 12:47 PM

Sep 2011

Demonarion said:
It was a nice ep.

But man I almost forgot that this was Garo especially with the transformation happening out of nowhere and lasting 2 secs.
Not counting the fight on the bike every transformation in this season has been very brief.
I think its fitting with swords brash and bombastic attitude that he pretty much only used the garo armor rarely often times opting to just tank everything. Though i do hope the fights get longer as they felt just a tad bit too brief even when out of the armor.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 28, 2017 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
Finally Sophie has joined Sword, now I hope we learn more about this El Dorado thing Sophie is looking for.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 29, 2017 4:33 AM

Dec 2014
well the priest had it coming..the sister was the victim,,,no matter how you see it
Oct 30, 2017 2:17 AM

Dec 2015
The OP reminds me so much of the JoJo BA's first OP + the social messaging system is so similar to the avatars in Summer Wars.

Thought Marie was actually Gina for a sec, would have been awesome for one of the characters to have a polarised background identity although... it was pretty obvious where this episode was heading >_< Pacing has probably been the best so far in the series but the story is just too linear, basically one throwaway "boss fight" per episode.
~
Oct 30, 2017 2:46 AM

Mar 2014
Another cool episode. I suspected from the beginning that Marie was a horror and her bro was a psycho. We got more info about Sophie, and it seems like the main plot is proceeding. It wasn't as great as episode 3 but it was still very enjoyable.
Oct 30, 2017 6:59 AM

Nov 2016
Good episode again and there was also a bit of progress regarding Sophies plot line.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 1, 2017 3:03 AM

Oct 2017
JizzyHitler said:

Demonarion said:
It was a nice ep.

I think its fitting with swords brash and bombastic attitude that he pretty much only used the garo armor rarely often times opting to just tank everything. Though i do hope the fights get longer as they felt just a tad bit too brief even when out of the armor.

It is disappointing not to see Sword fight in Garo armor longer than a few seconds but remember he can't stay in his armor longer than 99.9 seconds. I wish they show some sort of a timer during the scenes when he is in armor just like they do in the live action series.

Nov 1, 2017 11:20 AM

Jun 2014
This show is fucking awesome. Down my alley in every possible way. Sword and Sophie are fantastic characters, looking forward to them working together in the future.
:3
Nov 1, 2017 9:39 PM

May 2014
Meh, ok ep. It was a bit obvious that the woman was the horror. She was very suspicious. It's just strange that it took her so long before it took action, the horror I mean. I hope we learn more about El Dorado in the next episodes.
Nov 2, 2017 7:46 AM

Nov 2014
Sophie is looking for Sword, and doing combat training to get stronger. Her missing brother and "El Dorado" are still heavily on her mind. I keep forgetting that Rie Kugimiya does the voice of Sophie. It's nice to hear her branch from the tsundere typecasting. This episode was more relaxed than the last—mostly. After the savagery of the previous episode, a breather was welcome, though.

I love the eye catches.

5/5
Nov 3, 2017 12:59 AM

Oct 2008
Great episode! especially the OST!
So that's why Sophie is so persistent on finding Sword again! because of his brother might be involved with a Horror!
4/5.

Nov 3, 2017 4:41 AM

Dec 2016
rvbrick said:
...spider demon vaguely reminiscent of Wicked City's...

Yikes, I had a ptsd flashback to Wicked City as well.....
@_@
Nov 4, 2017 6:16 AM

Jul 2009
Nothing is like it seems...who would think that the pretty sister was an horror and that the " good" priest was mean with his sis?!
Nov 4, 2017 12:26 PM

Mar 2009
Good guy Sword.

But...weakest episode so far.
Nov 8, 2017 10:17 PM

Dec 2016
Another really good episode and holy shit when the horror started picking apart the skull that shit was nasty!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 9, 2017 6:35 PM
Jul 2014
I haven't seen the other Garos yet, but I'm enjoying this one a lot. I'm not going to say that this one is superior than the others cause it's not right to judge without watching the others yet. I just love these characters.
Dec 4, 2018 1:55 AM

Mar 2018
staranise said:
It is disappointing not to see Sword fight in Garo armor longer than a few seconds but remember he can't stay in his armor longer than 99.9 seconds.
Unless the plot wants a longer armoured fight sequence, in which case the time limit is silently ignored. :D
May 5, 2019 2:29 AM

Sep 2012
when Sword came to see maria the hole scene until he left i laughed him and Sophie bot were comedy gold there, specially when u thing´k hes really hitting on her and not confirming whatever she is horror or not, this didn't cross my mind at that point, i though marias brother was horror
Jul 12, 2019 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
I knew Marie would die, she has the haircut of death

I love how Sword is just like, I didn't come for the horror, I came for the beautiful woman who lives here

More topics from this board

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xeogran - Mar 23, 2018

55 by Hisoka2107 »»
Aug 16, 2023 2:11 PM

» Should i watch this or the 2014 series?

Kitsune_089 - Aug 7, 2021

4 by Max-OG »»
Jan 24, 2023 10:11 AM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2017

145 by Duck67 »»
Dec 1, 2022 5:01 AM

» Swords Armor

dragynfaerie - Jul 3, 2022

1 by Dd5 »»
Sep 3, 2022 1:05 PM

Poll: » Garo: Vanishing Line Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2018

90 by dragynfaerie »»
Jul 3, 2022 6:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.