Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, that is one weird squid or whatever it is. Also, can't forget the tentacles...
Jul 29, 2014 12:02 PM

Jun 2013
Well that was pretty funny, that was one naughty squid it used the power of that fragment to make it self bigger.
Jul 29, 2014 12:31 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
That's one ecchi squid. The moment it appeared, I knew there'd be tentacle rapes. Enki enjoyed it quite a lot though.

Megane courtier was definitely lying previously about not being into girls. He was the top pervert this episode.

Blatant fanservice episode. Ten'nyo squad was pathetic as usual. The only good part was when Kijigami's human transformation.

Jul 29, 2014 1:31 PM
Jul 2018
That was one weird squid. It was a meh fanservice beach episode.

I never know that Kijigami can take a human form.
Jul 29, 2014 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
The beach episode is here and it has tons of fanservice just like we like! The squid and its tentacles are a classic.
Aside from that, the episode was not bad, they get a fragment and become friends for some time. That girl with the sacrifice fetish is the best.
Jul 29, 2014 4:27 PM

Mar 2012
Every time I watch an episode from this anime I'm like *instant facepalm*`

Is that thing really a squid? What a weird form it had o_O I guess that form was too suggestive, it looked like other thing...

Tohka_Yatogami said:
It was a meh fanservice beach episode.
I have to agree with this. "Meh fanservice beach episode".

Tohka_Yatogami said:
I never know that Kijigami can take a human form.
That was the best part of the episode...

Abe no Seimei and the blue oni are so retarded, omg.
Oh and they couldn't forget about tentacles, GREAT -.-'
Always the same joke in the end of the episode, it is getting overused, it's not even funny anymore :c
b1GZZJul 29, 2014 4:33 PM
Jul 29, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
A blatant fanservice show with a blatant fanservice beach episode haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 29, 2014 9:13 PM

Apr 2012
I love how the author just threw out the rivalry for a beach episode xD
Jul 29, 2014 9:23 PM

Dec 2013
After I watched the first episode of this series, I thought "despite the obvious flaws, this could turn out to be decent." I mean, this is, without a doubt, just a fanservice show; but, I find myself repeating the words I never thought I'd say, "The fanservice is way too over the top!" But, I thought it could still turn out alright.

But with each following episode I've found myself wondering if it's ever going to be worth watching, and I think with this episode I have my answer. No. No, this will never be worth watching. Even the blatant fanservice episode followed the exact same ridiculous formula with the exact same unfunny gags, each episode has basically been the same other than setting and fragment. I think I'm gonna call it quits here, but I'm going to go out by saying- Hentai Squid FTW!!!!!! Arigatou Gozaimashita Hentai Squid for providing excellent fanservice and the reason to drop this that I've been looking for.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jul 29, 2014 11:42 PM
May 2009
Was there any other reason to watch this anime but for the fanservice...?
Jul 30, 2014 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
but he cant attack us during our speech!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jul 30, 2014 6:38 AM

Apr 2009
very predictable beach episode to the point of me getting 10 bucks x3 for guessing the whole plot before it came out hehe. them being chummy was a surprise tho
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jul 30, 2014 9:06 AM

Dec 2007
bigzzcobzz said:
Always the same joke in the end of the episode, it is getting overused, it's not even funny anymore :c

B-b-b-b-but, they changed it! This time it was the god's fault! Or at least, that's probably what they thought passed for a "change."

Predictable fanservice episode doesn't rise above the crowd (heck, even most of the swimsuits weren't that great), though it did take unusually long for the squid to bring out the swimsuit-stripping tentacle attack. A few somewhat bright spots, but mostly bland. At least it's over with.
Jul 30, 2014 10:08 AM
Sep 2013
spikesagitta said:

I'm watching for the soundtrack... haven't heard a soundtrack this good for a long time. Also the art direction is good.. nice colors.

idk, this might be a bit of a crazy idea.. I thought it's basically like a classic 90s anime but with modern production and too much fanservice.
Jul 30, 2014 1:08 PM
Apr 2012
Another fun episode. Kushinada was hilarious, her sacrifice fetish was gonna come true then bam! and off she went. That squid was my kinda squid. Kijigami can transform into a seriously hot woman. Great beach episode. 5/5
Jul 30, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2013
is this what kids in japan watch?

TENCTACLES (i'll never get why i like tenctacles)
Jul 30, 2014 8:32 PM

Apr 2013
And just for the sake of fanservice, the bird reveal her secret of transforming into human-like to the Oni? There goes one deus ex ammo.
Jul 30, 2014 10:57 PM

Sep 2011
Beach ep, the plox thickens by the ep.
Jul 31, 2014 1:58 AM

Jul 2013
Ecchi beach episode 101 with (surprise, surprise) a giant perverted squid.

The thing is Momoko's and the Oni's "formal" clothes are even more revealing than their swimsuit lol..

Oh well at least there's the celestial maiden squad and the Goddess.
Jul 31, 2014 4:25 AM

Feb 2014
dieanehobbs said:
spikesagitta said:

I'm watching for the soundtrack... haven't heard a soundtrack this good for a long time. Also the art direction is good.. nice colors.

idk, this might be a bit of a crazy idea.. I thought it's basically like a classic 90s anime but with modern production and too much fanservice.

Yeah I definitely like the soundtrack in this show. I also like mahou shoujos as well so that's a plus. Although I'm sad that they didn't show the fill inugami transformation because I really like the transformation song :( The transformation song kinda reminds me of the Sailor Moon transformation songs.

Anyway, lol, this was a silly episode. Looking forward to next week!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2014 12:39 PM

Sep 2007
Hahaha !
The part where the bird transform. *_*
Jul 31, 2014 1:24 PM

Jun 2014
This show is the official guilty pleasure of the season! I actually enjoyed this a lot.

Then later on today I discovered an anime called "Minky Momo", about a young magical transforming girl with a dog, monkey & peacock as sidekicks, whose aim is to help restore hope to people. The innocence of it all makes me feel a bit sad for watching this ecchi...
Jul 31, 2014 2:04 PM
Mar 2012
Now to patiently wait for the BDs...
Jul 31, 2014 4:05 PM

Apr 2011
Pure fanservice beach episode, even the bird joined in and took human form to show some skin. Momo and Onihime may be slowly developing into a friendship. And I knew as soon as the squid showed up there would be tentacles. Actually less ecchi than I'd seen in a lot of these sorts of scenes, it wasn't sliding its tentacles inside their swimsuits or anything ... just removing them. :P

Was amused that nobody was sure if the trap was a boy or a girl, and the loli from the Elemental Squad positing that it doesn't matter as long as it's beautiful. I concur :)

Just like I knew the squid was an excuse to add in tentacles to a beach episode, I also knew that it was huge because of the peach fragment. Take out the fragment and it becomes lunch. Poor Onihime gets denied another fragment.

ramenshojo said:
This show is the official guilty pleasure of the season! I actually enjoyed this a lot.

Then later on today I discovered an anime called "Minky Momo", about a young magical transforming girl with a dog, monkey & peacock as sidekicks, whose aim is to help restore hope to people. The innocence of it all makes me feel a bit sad for watching this ecchi...

Sounds kinda lame ... I wouldn't be interested in this show if it wasn't for the fanservice. The story isn't exactly engaging enough to stand on its own.
Jul 31, 2014 10:24 PM

Dec 2013
Hello Mr. OVA, how are you today?
Oh...your episode 4 O_O? I didn't notice >.>
Jul 31, 2014 10:25 PM

Nov 2009
Watching this series for Onihime and that's about it.

Keep the appearances of her coming and I'll muddle through to the end lol.
Aug 1, 2014 1:15 PM

Oct 2013
lol what I expected Tentacles
what I got tentacles
haha this show
the ending song animation is pretty bad D:
[/quote]
Aug 1, 2014 1:41 PM
Jun 2013
This is, without any doubt, the worst show of the season.
So much stereotypical stuff with a predictable outcome and just a change of the art.
You've got a long way to walk before you reach any other ecchi show.

2, Dropped.

Aug 1, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2013
dieanehobbs said:

I think the same, this series gives me a nostalgic feeling. Also, even tough some people have said it has too much fan service, it has a certain level of innocence, the squid was not really attempting to rape them (like in Seikoku no Dragonar), just making them make awkward poses and finally removing their swimsuits.

This episode portrayed what I said before, momoko and orihime are frenemies, they will eventually make peace or fight together a greater evil.
Aug 2, 2014 5:50 AM

May 2012
spikesagitta said:

Yes, I'm watching it for the story

If all episodes were fanservice like ep 4, I would still watch it but my score is going to be lower
Aug 2, 2014 6:34 PM
May 2014
I feel like a masochist watching this anime. Its way too much fan service and while the characters have good designs, their potential is being wasted. Especially Enki.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2014 10:27 AM
Dec 2012
Is it only I that cared that at 14:26 the tentacle was cut before Momo swung her sword?
Aug 4, 2014 10:59 PM

Mar 2008
The fanservicey beach episode. BD release needed for this one.
Aug 9, 2014 3:28 PM
Mar 2013
Squid was tryna get some...yep I'm positive.
Sep 24, 2014 8:58 PM

Jun 2011
Now this is what I call ecchi, not the previous 3 episodes.

Abe no Seimei the Pervert. Octopi Tentacle Bondage. Horny mascots. Lmao when the squid just smacks the masochist girl away.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 10, 2014 4:46 AM

Jun 2008
Best episode so far since we got some nice fanservice from the girls. Orihime really is hot and damn that bird had the hottest swimsuit. It was kind of funny how she took human form just for the sake of fanservice though, lol.

thepath said:
spikesagitta said:

Yes, I'm watching it for the story

If all episodes were fanservice like ep 4, I would still watch it but my score is going to be lower

With seems kind of ridiculous really. The show hardly has anything exciting enough that deserves watching without some fanservice making the time pass more easily. This attitude of fanservice always being bad that users try to adopt(i guess is being socially acceptable thing since societies specially American make sexuality seem like something bad) is stupid to me.
Nov 6, 2014 1:32 PM

May 2012
Them tentacles and service :3 pretty decent beach episode if I'd say so myself :p
May 5, 2015 10:52 PM

Jan 2012
Well this was a fanservice episode if I ever saw one. Your standard beach shenanigans complete with tentacles. I figured this series might have one eventually, but not quite so soon.
Apr 2, 2019 1:51 PM

Apr 2013
Of course a show like this also has a beach episode. Was quite good actually, they were more naked than wearing a bikini though lol
Jan 2, 2023 3:07 PM

Jun 2015
Houkou Reppa!!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Sep 5, 2023 8:28 PM

Sep 2020
Didn't expect a beach ep so soon but me liked. Almost too similar to the Shin Koihime Musou ova but not as good.

Kijigami with the surprise hotness!

Nobody else caught that Onihime and Enki were supposedly the only females on Oni Island?
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz

More topics from this board

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2014

27 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:57 PM

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2014

22 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2014

26 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:43 PM

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2014

26 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:39 PM

Poll: » Momo Kyun Sword Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2014

18 by SlammyHammy »»
Sep 5, 2023 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.