Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2020 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we got a bit of background storytelling...

I think the girls in this generation has something to learn from that especially Tiara. On the other hand, their performance seems to be improving including the one from this episode. Despite everything, everyone in this show is still joyful as ever so I think they have a bright future ahead.
Aug 22, 2020 6:40 AM

Feb 2018
What is the name of the orchestra? I didn't hear it clearly.

An amazing episodes, the sparkling light and magic circle is so beautiful at night. At least I still noticed that they were thinking hard to think of a name but when they mentioned it I couldn't hear it clearly, damn it.

Aug 22, 2020 7:54 AM

Jul 2017
With persistence, we're finally getting into the idol-magic plot that's the focus of the anime through Tiara.

Ray's rich history with the Magic Academy Director, Tiara's older sister Eliza, and along with the rest who are quite "distinctive" in their own right. Chloe is quite the chuunibyou and Angers is the happy-go-lucky-turned-lazy kind, the only former members left.

Nonetheless, LiGHTs's (the name inspiration from Tiara's experience) last push for an Orchestra is the only way to keep them all in school, work hard girls...or maybe y'all pushed yourselves too far. Getting help from everyone else is just as to be expected if they are to pull this off with excellence though.

And finally, time for their Orchestra, but also with a grading system to pass. The trippy song that brings the "Love Live!" feeling is nice to have, felt like this is the best song I've experienced so far in this show (even if it was short).

Good on you girls, you've passed...but a shortlived one?

Best episode so far.
KANLen09Aug 22, 2020 8:04 AM
Aug 22, 2020 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
I figured considering we still had a few episodes left, when they went straight into their performance, that something bad would be at the end of it. Now we've just gotta wait until next week to find out what that has happened fully.
Aug 22, 2020 9:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They finally did their orchestra... I thought it was good and that they were saved but (obviously) a drama element is added at the end... unlucky girls.
Aug 22, 2020 11:08 AM

Oct 2007
amazing performance by Lights. they moved around a lot, and it's just beautiful.

now I know why Angelica got angry when called an old woman a few episodes ago. xD

and, damn cliffhanger!
Aug 22, 2020 11:30 AM

Dec 2013
I appreciate when it doesn't end up as a rounding success first try, much like with Aqours 0 votes moment.
Aug 22, 2020 12:14 PM

Aug 2013
Catchy song, but other ones were much better, at least for me.
And I'm kinda surprised, I thought that they will show their orchestra in last episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 22, 2020 12:48 PM

Mar 2019
Dat end suprised me totally.....it was the best performance so far...everyone was so perfect unitl the letter arrived...but ok let's talk from the start:

So first of all we learn more about "Ray" and their background story. They have been the best orchestra group probably and all the different personalities are SHINING a lot, they totally fit to each other. Chloe is a Datenshi like YOHANE.

And so the name "LIGHTs" was born, a beautiful name. All the different colors are just so beautiful...their performance was astonishing. WoW, I have no words for that...

Did you notice the hidden char there??? I wonder who it is (not really since it's pretty clear who is hidden behind the mask)

Aug 22, 2020 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
Getting tired of all the technicalities they have to jump through to not be expelled. We already know they aren't going to get kicked out, so it's kind of the least interesting plot thread.
Aug 22, 2020 2:52 PM

Nov 2017
I was a bit disappointed by their performance, had higher expectations.. otherwise decent episode

plz @ me
Aug 22, 2020 3:20 PM

Sep 2009
Not a big fan of the song or vocal (to generic for me, though, still better than Sadistic Candy one) but the performance w3as interesting.

To bad, the luck was not on their side, but I doubt we'll get this much drama.
Aug 22, 2020 3:55 PM

May 2018
Yay, our girls will finally perform and not get expelled!

-looks at the episode number again-

Yeah, no lol

Either way though good performance and its great the friends they made along the way helped them out for it.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Aug 22, 2020 4:32 PM

Apr 2015
To think that the group Tiara's sister, Eliza, was part of was such a group of weirdo's! Was nice to see more of the Director as well, as she was also part of Ray! The kind of character she used to be though XD

So the Orchestra happened, the outfits were amazing! From hard work comes great results, they did a great first performance! Which will prevent them from getting expelled, since the tower was yellow, just what they needed... or so we thought.
Aug 22, 2020 5:23 PM

Jan 2010
I do believe it was tiara sister who screw them up in the end, still not wanting tiara to be in the academy.
Aug 22, 2020 6:22 PM

Jul 2015
This anime makes me happy, another fantastic episode and that performance was my favorite so far.

Lynette suggesting to think about a group name and the brutal struggle they had with that was too relatable.

I actually got worried the second they decided to jump around for the performance due to the exact reasons they got the failing message in the end. It was made clear that the orchestras were made at different spots each time to give the energy to that part, so them moving to other places gave me the feeling that it would go totally against that... and sadly I was correct.

Let's see what will happen to the girls after that brutal letdown despite the great performance made, true feelsbadman moment.
Aug 22, 2020 8:32 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ray members surely had some intrigueing, interesting, cliche and, weird ... Especially with that Yuzuriha. She had a nice taste after all, a cultured girls and pretty aggresive. Lmao. Angelica revelations kinda shocked me for awhile. Not to mentioned with the young will of Chloe's Kaichou had there. So far, they were really suited as the best team, with so much unique behaviour. What happened after that made me curious so much. But, its okay if its not her intentions to told the rest of the story. Because, its about Tiara's orchestra!

Ah, the preparation times kinda too fast, knowing there is still so much episodes left in the future. Idk with the plot wise decision. But, yeah, thats happening, i may enjoy it a bit. Especially, with their choreography, and their songs. Okay, back again, as expected. Everyone just helped Tiara and her friends to succeeded their first Orchestra. Thanks to their kindness on several events from the previous episode. At the very last, they actually finished with the preparation thing. Its time for the show.

Yep, its a decent performance. Idk whats the matter with 700.000.000.000 number thing of its lyric. Since its kinda funny, i am pretty okay with their song, and its music at general. The choreo was somehow pretty unique, at my point of view. Even if its not held too long enough on its duration. Agreed with Angelica, their Orchestra was fine at every aspects!

However, the cliffhanger just hanged me with a surprising expression again. What happened there? Were they failed? I think they never get an easy path to passed their burden, especially when talking about their expelled issues.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 23, 2020 12:06 AM

Oct 2017
The director/ Chloe was a chuni in the past XD.

Welp their strategy of gaining more attention by moving around backfired it seems. The tower turned yellow cause it measured all the other districts too.

Who was that mysterious woman wearing a hood? Proly Tiara's nee chan.
Aug 23, 2020 12:45 AM

Oct 2008
so the name of the song that the MC's girl group formed which is Lights is Seven Hundred SEXtillion??? how do they come-up with that? cosmic level calculation!?
4/5.

Aug 23, 2020 7:01 AM

Mar 2018
Ngl, the orchestra was pretty amazing. Only if the girls weren't in CG...

So, what does the letter in post-credit scene mean? I know it's something negative that they fucked up but why? I didn't understand the details.

Aug 23, 2020 7:38 AM

Jan 2010
Renkini said:
Ngl, the orchestra was pretty amazing. Only if the girls weren't in CG...

So, what does the letter in post-credit scene mean? I know it's something negative that they fucked up but why? I didn't understand the details.

for what I understood, there was magic used that wasn't planned when they did the orchesta, the girls where talking about the ending and who did the last magic part, they thought it was tiara but it seems there is a another party that was involve and that is against the rules.
Aug 23, 2020 8:04 AM

Aug 2018
The preview kinda left me think they were indeed expelled (civilian outfits) but I doubt they'll be expelled forever
Aug 23, 2020 10:51 AM

Dec 2018
Finally some lesbian kissing YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! On the cheek but nevertheless. Girl lips on other girl I fucking love it. Then Yuzuriha drag the other girl away to have some fun with her Hehehehehe . You are my good lesbian sweetheart

My other lesbians have their first performance and I think it was pretty good

The drama in the next episode is noting im looking forward to .The forced drama in Idols have always been my least favorite thing

Yuri-CrusaderAug 23, 2020 11:06 AM
Aug 24, 2020 6:21 PM

Jul 2015
I had the feeling they would fail somehow, I assumed they'd be like two points off because if I remember correctly, they needed 72 points total, but it only took 70 for the tower to turn yellow. Not sure exactly where they're going now.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 26, 2020 5:32 AM
Sep 1, 2020 3:56 PM

Nov 2009
Never would have expected the megane director to be a chunni in the past... what a change.

And looks like everyone in RAY was quite... interesting... lol

Camilla is a vampire... and acts like one, a noble that wants everyone to praise her

I could have sworn Yuzuriha is Garnet before Garnet died and turn into a Ghost... LUL, they're both crazy in Yuri, well, Garnet is part Yandere tho.

Angers/ Angelica is pretty much the innocent and kind Pink hair girl that likes to help others trope. And apparently she grew up to be the opposite... even more of a change than the director.

And that was quite nice of everyone helping out the group with stuff.

___ ___ ___

That was a good idea to jump around in the beginning, cause it gets more people's attention, even ones that wasn't going to attend in the first place got caught in it. This literally gave them the amount of extra mana needed to light up the tower to Yellow. (tho apparently that's an issue? gathering up more mana isn't allowed?)
amlgSep 1, 2020 4:23 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Sep 11, 2020 10:20 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, so my ears didn't fail me in the previous episodes and Eliza really is voiced by Kana Hanazawa, nice to hear her a little more in this episode.

It's also always nice to hear more Ayane Sakura, Yuzuriha sure has some particular interests...

The director having a chuuni past is hilarious but the most shocking thing without a doubt is knowing that Angelica is the same Angers from Ray... that's quite a change lol. Which makes me wonder, how old are the students in that school? I know Angelica was younger then but I don't think she was that young but now we have Chloe as the director so... ?

Mayberry is the cutest thing in the world <3. It was great to see all of their friends helping them for their Orchestra.

I don't know why it took me until now to realize that the hooded girl is Eliza when the last time she appeared her red hair was already visible. I suppose the fact that she went to see her sister's Orchestra made it more noticeable.

It was kinda weird that they were doing their Orchestra in episode 8 when normally these things are reserved for the end of the season but then came the end where despite having done well, they still failed... of course.

The Orchestra was pretty good, though Lynette's voice is... different xD.
SkyLETVSep 11, 2020 10:49 PM
Sep 19, 2020 1:02 PM
Jan 2018
Is the ghost that lost her memories the member of ray
May 3, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2020
Great episode once again. The backstory of Ray was very interesting.

The orchestra was pretty amazing. LiGHTs did a fantastic job!
Dec 4, 2023 3:07 AM

Nov 2022
So they spent half an episode preparing for the concert....other idol units spend half a season or even a whole season on that, LOL. And they tried to cheat and get more people to join the concert, that was dumb....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Sep 18, 2020

72 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 10:09 PM

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2020

25 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:26 AM

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2020

26 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 9, 2023 3:23 AM

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2020

31 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:15 PM

Poll: » Lapis Re:LiGHTs Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 15, 2020

12 by RawrOMG »»
Dec 3, 2023 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.