Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 13, 2017 7:56 AM

Sep 2016
TragicRomance said:
SenpieX said:
Forced myself to watch this.. awfully slow, animation is ok.
There was a lot of potential of it being good (most time travel anime like re:zero, steins;gate, erased were big hits but this is boring as fuck.

Might give it another chance before dropping.

You can't decide its potential based on the 1st episode tho. I am not watching it either anymore but ye I wouldn't say that it had potential to be good when it hasn't even ended yet. I am waiting for it to end.

For me, an anime should have a good start to continue the rest of the series. There's no point watching If you're not enjoying it.. Idk about you guys but I don't like anime that takes long to get into. Still, gonna watch It till the end & see If It gets better because I don't wanna drop a new show >.<
Apr 13, 2017 10:04 AM

May 2010
SenpieX said:
TragicRomance said:

You can't decide its potential based on the 1st episode tho. I am not watching it either anymore but ye I wouldn't say that it had potential to be good when it hasn't even ended yet. I am waiting for it to end.

For me, an anime should have a good start to continue the rest of the series. There's no point watching If you're not enjoying it.. Idk about you guys but I don't like anime that takes long to get into. Still, gonna watch It till the end & see If It gets better because I don't wanna drop a new show >.<

Fair enough but saying an anime had good potential when it hasn't even ended is a bit... I wouldn't recommend it. No offense ofc
Apr 13, 2017 7:26 PM

Jul 2012
My head is spinning, honestly. I guess I need to prep myself mentally before watching this, eh?
Apr 14, 2017 5:57 PM

Aug 2015
dark-chaos said:
hmm finally anime Has some depth
oh i really miss this type of anime's

anime's these days you can see all the story from the first ep no need to complete

I think I found my favorite anime for this season, ooh just let's hope that I will not disappoint later

are you
are you pretending to be retarded

"let's just hope that I will not disappoint later"

HaarWyvern said:
Melkaticox said:
-Terrible visuals.
-Terrible writing.
-Dull characters.
-Ridiculously monotone VAing.
-23 more episodes of this shit.
-Samurai Flamenco is rated only 0.21 points higher.

Right??? It should be way lower than that.

Samurai Flamenco, you've made my day.

A lot of shows on MAL are rated way lower than they deserve (and plenty are rated way too high). SamFlam is sadly part of that group.
Apr 16, 2017 1:33 PM

Jul 2010
Wow. I was hesitant to watch this show considering the bad ratings so far, but I'm so glad I did. I really love it. The fast-paced, well-written dialogue is so refreshing, along with the lack of pointless inner monologues. It really speaks through its imagery and dialogue.

People seem to dislike the lack of emotion in the VAs, but I actually like it. Too many anime lately use exaggerated inflection -- this is really different and the VAs fit the characters (which is what's most important). Excited for more episodes!
Apr 16, 2017 3:30 PM

Sep 2014
Just reset time every 3 days and whole world will be living in constant 3-day loop. Cool.
Apr 17, 2017 5:15 AM

Jun 2015
Wow, this was a really bad first impression.
The writing is atrocious, the characters and dialogues feel incredibly unnatural, the animation is mediocre at best and so is the voice acting.
There is not a single reason for me to keep watching this except for the hope that this episode was just horribly produced and things will be better from episode 2 onwards.
If this anime doesn't improve drastically soon, this will be an easy drop.
Apr 18, 2017 12:24 AM

Jul 2014
The characters flat out feel like they were cut from a piece of card board. The atmosphere is so dull and gloomy all the time and I hate it.
Apr 18, 2017 8:36 AM
Jan 2013
Bunch of sissy highschooler trying to contemplate through superpower? though 1st episode is shit, i'll be around!
Apr 20, 2017 3:38 PM

Jan 2008
Psykofreac said:
I have to admit, not a very good start. We didn't even touch on the issue of how the Reset Girl even knows about her ability if hardly anything changes when she uses it. Also, shouldn't it look more like she's just jumping to alternate universes? I hope they touch on this soon. There's also that bit where she says she doesn't trust people much, so shouldn't it be counter intuitive to use her reset power so much since she doesn't have any power over the changes and people like the MC do?

Other than that, the characters are pretty simple. Hopefully it gets better however, I'll give it a chance.

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!! I was reading on the KissAnime/9Anime comments to see if anyone else noticed this but no one did.

Like, how did she come around to know her powers in the first place? Without the other dude there's no way she'd know!!
Apr 20, 2017 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
I don't know why, but I found this atrocious.
Animation is cheap and lazy. The colors and effects are not even pleasant to look at.
Character designs are boring, the personalities are even more boring.
Voice acting is bad. Drama is forced.
Superpower highschool premise is overdone and done in the worst and most uninteresting way.
The dialogue is horrible. You can hear the Light novel shining through and that is not a good thing. Everything is done through the dialogue, which leads to way too much exposition and nothing interesting to look at.
The plot is either incomprehensible or just uninteresting.

This might be the worst thing I have seen in a while.
Apr 24, 2017 9:26 AM

Jun 2011
Probably the most boring episode of anime I've ever seen, and I've seen a fair bit of anime. The worst parts were the presentation and plot, for sure. It might just be a fault of this episode in particular, but I still have absolutely no idea what the hell is supposed to be happening in this series, who the characters are, or why I should care. Everyone was just spouting mindless pseudo-intellectual garbage at each other the whole time while standing still and looking off into space. Nobody seems like a person--they all seem like mouthpieces for a certain ideology. And they're bad ones at that.

The premise of the show is also pretty hackneyed, and it's executed in the same way as the rest of the show: blandly. It sort of reminds me of Charlotte, but without the character moments and stand-out presentation that made that show bearable. This is just pure, distilled malaise in anime form.

The presentation in this show is also mind-numbingly lackluster. The VAs sound like a pair of robots, and the art and backgrounds are so uninteresting that it hurts. I have never seen a production so devoid of any sort of personality or charm in my life. Even some of the "bad" shows I've watched have better overall presentations than this. I'm not sure if the source material used a similar style, or if the production studio really dropped the ball on this one, but I hate it either way.

Overall, I agree with the above user.
Mysteriala said:
This might be the worst thing I have seen in a while.
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Apr 24, 2017 12:24 PM

Apr 2009
Least favorite episode 1 of the season so far. It's not that it was awful necessarily, just that it was just oppressively dull which is actually kind of worse. And that reset power is frankly dumb and silly, which has already been pointed out enough already.

I always give a series a few episodes, but my gut reaction after adding this to my list and seeing there were another 23 to go was dread.

Hopefully it gets better.
Apr 25, 2017 6:34 PM

Feb 2013
That was certainly interesting. Once the first "reset" happened, I was hooked for the rest of the episode.

That twist!
Though, the plot seems a little chaotic. I hope it straightens out by the end of the arc.
May 4, 2017 2:06 PM

Apr 2009
This was so dry and the characters lack any kind of facial animation. I can't tell it they're meant to stare blankly into the sunset while talking to each other or the animators are just lazy to animate head turns. Really dull is how I'd describe it as well.
May 4, 2017 4:45 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was regular.
(6/10)
Jun 14, 2017 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
A seemingly ordinary town full of extraordinary people with dull, almost useless powers. A strange girl who can not separate her sadness from the sadness of the world with the ability to reset space/time down to the quantum level meets a young man whose extra ordinary skill is to retain his memory through resets. The most expressive person in this anime may very well be an android, their class rep.

I loved the first episode, the mood, the atmosphere, the detachment, vacant stares, the jump cuts of ordinary scenery infused with meaning by the overlays of conversation. This is just what I was in the mood to watch.
GanbatteBakemonoJun 14, 2017 11:08 AM
Oct 19, 2017 9:55 AM

May 2012
Interesting first episode I must say, quite the lovely concept and I'm really looking forwards to see what this series has to offer!
Jan 10, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2009
I didn't really mind it, yeah it was kind of drab and the characters aside from Souma showed pretty much no emotion. But, color me interested. Then again, I'm watching this because it did really well on RC so I'm actually expecting pretty good things out of this show.
Ston3_FreeN7Jan 10, 2018 11:05 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 11, 2018 1:18 PM
Oct 2015
bland is what I had in mind after watching 1 episode. bland characters, bland dialogue. I'll watch 2 more EPs to give it a fair chance but this was certainly not a strong start.
Mar 16, 2019 3:38 PM

Aug 2009
So I'm giving this show a second chance since there's some positive buzz from people that have finished it. I also know what to expect now (lots and lots of dialogue) so I can just fully focus on the conversations.

That being said, the music this episode was amazing and I liked what they did to kind of deconstruct Haruki's personality. I didn't fully understand the motive behind her creating rules I think (she did it so she can avoid feeling sad?) but I still enjoyed the episode and liked to think about the different topics the characters were talking about.
Jun 4, 2019 11:58 PM

May 2017
Kind of boring , laughed a little but thats all , 6/10 for now
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jul 31, 2019 9:21 AM

Aug 2017
What a weird start.
The plot kinda cheesy but also unique. They can't really use it for themselves but with cooperation they can do more than random useless things. Though, idk if perfect memory is something weak, MC seems said so.

The pacing... too slow. I know they try to aim for that specific mood and set but combined with weak character introduction (so many exposition) it feels rushed and bland. Thankfully they don't forgot to add the hook at the end of the episode, although I think many peeps already given up before the end.

2/5.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Nov 23, 2019 12:13 AM
Oct 2014
Late for show but whatever. First ep's pacing is ok to me, can't relate to what y'all were talking 'bout. The thing that bothers me is character interaction. Why do they speak with and about each other as if they have known everyone for years? Not sure how many months time jumps did, how many rooftop conversations they had over the span or how good their social skills were, but they acted like long-time friends. It's weird to me since I can't feel that "first meet's awkwardness". Don't know, maybe it's just me.
Oct 18, 2021 2:50 AM
Aug 2021
This show is weird. These characters are either crazily philosophical beings, or just edgy af. It seems like even the animation style, voice acting, background music is trying to give a very low-energy, minimalistic, abnormal feel, but it kinda fits the overall tone of this weird show.
The vibe is oddly chill and calm, but every single line spoken by either Asai, Haruki, Souma, are just straight-up serious brain-twisting words. At some points, I really have to stop and rewatch certain parts just to keep up with what they said, regarding all the details, settings, rules, for their abilities, or the Good man, Hypocrite analogy - these people are clearly not talking like any normal people. The experience watching these people talk kind of reminded me about Serial Experiments Lain.
Would say that some parts of this episode left me utterly confused and interested. Don't know if this is the type of anime that requires a few rewatches to have a grasp on the world view and the content that they are talking about. It already feels like a fresh breeze of air into the SOL/mystery genre, but it might even be a masterpiece.
Very strong first episode. It feels super clean and concise, not having any excessive lines, and does not waste any time on comedy or fan service. It is rather low energy, but the amount of information is a lot : introducing interesting, unique characters, the particular world they live in, and so much other thoughts these people have. It hinted some little ideas regarding romance, masked under these very quirky dialogues, so if such things happens later it won't feel as forced. It attempts to lay down a lot of groundwork, but it does not feel rushed at all because of the overall chill vibe. It interests the audience by story, settings, suspense, not by putting any commercial personalities on these characters.
Cabbage_CatOct 18, 2021 3:34 AM
May 1, 2022 12:54 AM

Jan 2020
I might not be awake enough to focus on this..

This seems pretty all over the place. We kind of just got pushed into this and a lot is being thrown around. Nevertheless I'm, at least, somewhat interested. Though, I do feel like it's dragging a little bit.

But, I'm glad the scene card info is legible and accessible, unlike Monogatari. So, that's nice. And, it's interesting that it's comprised of "stories" that are broken into parts over the span of X episodes. I'm mostly just glad that the structure and settings are being spelled out to a degree; It doesn't yet appear that it's trying to be convoluted for the sake of being so.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 10, 2022 6:42 PM
Feb 2022
Well, now i know what to watch if i need to fall asleep…
Sep 20, 2022 10:06 PM
Jul 2021
In a charitable angle, I was probably no more mature than than the main characters here. But now when a 16-yr-old talks about his robot-like JK classmate is the personification of "pure goodness", I cannot help but cringe a bit. Hope the show gets better from here on.
Nov 20, 2022 10:01 AM

Mar 2019
Very direct and somewhat confusing first episode.

I'm curious about Sumire's past and if she has an ability. There has to be more to her than just a person who wants to get Kei and Misora together because they are similar.

Somewhat slow first episode although it's to be expected from a series with this premise. However that ending did seem interesting.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.