Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting first episode.

We got the setting (Sakurada) and the main characters. Kei seems like an interesting person and the narratives goes on to explore the premise from his point of view. Sumire also seems like an interesting person, would definitely like to know more about her as this series progresses.

Definitely has my interest so far.
Misora also seems like an interesting character with her ability.
Apr 5, 2017 8:02 AM

Nov 2007
I heard that first two eps. uses acoustic ver. of OP, but this arc seems to contain three eps...

This was unexpectedly interesting.
tsubasaloverApr 12, 2017 8:27 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 5, 2017 8:16 AM

Apr 2015
Still trying to figure out what's up with there being two versions of the same cover art, one where Misora has short hair and one where she has long hair.
FappaApr 5, 2017 8:20 AM
Apr 5, 2017 8:34 AM

Nov 2007
Fappa said:
Still trying to figure out what's up with there being two versions of the same cover art, one where Misora has short hair and one where she has long hair.
Junior high (Misora having long hair), which is first three eps. vs. High school (Misora having short hair), which I guess is rest of the series.
http://moca-news.net/article/20170401/2017040119000a_/01/
tsubasaloverApr 5, 2017 8:42 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 5, 2017 8:37 AM

Apr 2015
tsubasalover said:
Junior high (Misora having long hair), which is first three eps. vs. High school (Misora having short hair), which is rest of series.

I figured as much but still it's weird that they used the exact same visual but simply changed small details. Can't help but think there is more to it, but thanks anyways :).
FappaApr 5, 2017 8:47 AM
Apr 5, 2017 8:52 AM

Apr 2010
This was a bit slow for the most part but the ending was strong and made me really interested in the next episode.
I am really looking forward to it.
The characters seemed interesting but they where pretty strange.
Apr 5, 2017 10:09 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting. It reminds me a 'Gift Eternal Rainbow' a bit.
Definitely looking forward for more.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 5, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
Slow but alright

Hope it will get more intresting
Apr 5, 2017 10:40 AM

Jan 2016
That was pretty interesting! Fairly slow for the most part, but I'd expect that for a story like this. I think they did a good job of explaining the premise of the story.

I enjoyed the comparisons they put between Haruki and Kei's opinions on justice and morality, as well as between the two themselves, and the 'dive' into Haruki's memories and personality was quite nice too. The ending was especially intriguing, and I'm interested to see where it goes. It showed a lot of potential overall, looking forward to more!
Courage need not be remembered... For it is never forgotten.
Apr 5, 2017 10:42 AM

Mar 2014
This is only good because the source is good.
Takayama Katsuhiko is doing an awful work with script and Kawatsura Shinya isn't entirely blame free either, he could have at least tried to move the characters more.
It's just an adaptation that's way too strict with itself and ends up feeling soulless, the MC echos almost 0 personality from his voice while he actually has some according to the words he speaks, too, so I echo my complaints above to the sound director too.
It's a shame. I'll enjoy it but it could be much better.
Apr 5, 2017 10:42 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That ending was messed up man.....I really want to see the next episode to see how this whole thing is gonna play out

But other than that, this was a lot slower than I expected and overall it was much different than what I was expecting too and even though it's pretty slow, I liked the concepts in this as well as how they explained the premise which I think was handled quite nice

I wish the main girl wasn't emotionless but when you hear about her past, it's pretty sad to see what she's becomes and why so I hope that they can help her along the way and that she starts to open up more and feel emotion again pretty soon and I like the male MC and the other girl too

Good start so far.....4/4 for today's anime that I'm following
Apr 5, 2017 10:55 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Okay then.

So there's a bit of sugarcoating going on (probably cause there's still hope for this since it's two cour and the powers...same goes for me, too) but i'll just be blunt here for this start.

The characters are garbage. The dialogue is garbage. The presentation was garbage (seriously i was done about halfway trying to focus on it since it made me somewhat angry, too).

This show is lifeless and not in a good way.
Apr 5, 2017 11:00 AM

Aug 2008
Looks pretty interesting but it's jarring how bad female character design is. There's something so off about their facial features it makes them plain ugly even when it's supposed to be normal looking girl. I'll try a few more episodes to see if plot is good enough to get over it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 5, 2017 11:03 AM

May 2014
Alright first episode, I guess.

Ofc this is a mystery anime, and a 2 cour one at that...so I'd imagine that it'll get better as the weeks go on, if all goes well.

I can't say I'm familiar with the source material either, so I think i'll sleep on this one for a few more weeks at least. Nothing grabbed me and the characters (as well as the art) seemed rather flat, but maybe once there are more eps, I can give a more constructive opinion still salty bc no jojo part 5, why u do this David Pro

Oh, but that ED was glorious.
Oral Cigarettes ftw!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 11:06 AM

Apr 2012
The premise is interesting but the execution is lacking a bit. It's slow and wordy. It might be that the first episode was an info dump and it will go faster once we know the characters.
24 ep seams long for this premise. Lets just hope we don't get an endless 8 all over again.
Apr 5, 2017 11:08 AM

Oct 2013
Even with 1.75% speed it's boring and slow as fuck.

They just throw us into the story without anything to introduce the characters...
Apr 5, 2017 11:08 AM

Nov 2014
What kind of conversation they had?? I couldn't keep with them at all. And, her power is a bit weird.
Apr 5, 2017 11:19 AM

Dec 2011
Really love Yuuki Aoi's voice~
Apr 5, 2017 11:24 AM

Dec 2014
Not a bad start and definitely not what I was expecting but the premise is interesting enough.

They explained the whole powers thing pretty well and some of the dialogue regarding the contrasts of true 'good' and righteousness along with the character's personality is nice but I think it's something that should have been brought in much later in the series. Generally having a character explain their views is always good as it give us a lot of insight into them but in this particular case rather in Kei's case, it sorta felt like they were trying to characterize him solely through philosophical dialogue. Soma keeps calling him an upright righteous person based on his answers to all her philosophical questions but we never actually see Kei being a righteous person anywhere. It kinda looks like they were forcing a certain character onto Kei rather than fleshing him out as this kind of person. I don't know if what I just said made sense to anyone but if it did, this is not a bad thing since we'll be able to see this side of him in future episodes (I should hope so) but that's why I say this philosophy should have been brought it much later as it would probably have much more meaning once we actually see the righteous side of his personality.

That aside, the show is definitely super slow to the extent it almost feels a little dull at points. The characters especially Kei speak in really monotonous voices which makes it kinda boring at times but like I said in the beginning, the premise is interesting enough so this probably won't be an issue.

The part where we learnt about Haruki, her past and the reason for her attitude was great. See now this is what I meant when I said we actually need to see something before we're given all the philosophy. Had they done the same with Kei, it would'e been much better.

The ending was messed up if not a little confusing. Did someone jump of a bridge? :o

Anyway, I will watch more and I'd like to see where this show goes.
Apr 5, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2015
Interesting, but honestly, yet a really slow start. But since it's 2-cour, guess it's only natural. I'm curious to see how this will go, considering this is one of the interesting shows this season.

Apr 5, 2017 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
I'm really liking the concept of this and all, and the ending has definitely piqued my interest, but good grief the presentation of this first episode was remarkably monotonous and boring most of the time. That's something that can definitely be improved though, so I'm hoping it's just this episode that's like that. If not, I'll just have to hope that the concept will still be able to shine nonetheless.
Apr 5, 2017 11:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Time travel-oriented shows always have potential but... idk, this felt pretty lifeless. The characters are completely emotionless and I'm not really feeling it

Also how did the girl even learn of her ability to begin with if she forgets everything after using it? Is it identifiable from the outside somehow?
Apr 5, 2017 11:34 AM

Jan 2015
Now they talk about androids? The answer that comes first must be Haruki. Doing reset and didn't remember it even when the "target" isn't herself. And after looking back at her "past" when she always sad and now... She MUST be the android.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 5, 2017 11:39 AM

Jun 2014
Definitely a slow start but with it being a two cour show, there's a lot of room for improvement (Steins;Gate was the same way). The premise is interesting so hopefully this picks up some steam soon.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 5, 2017 11:39 AM

Aug 2015
What the heck is this directing... Why does every cut need a new angle? Why are you changing angles so much? Why not just do shot reverse-shot?? Cutting away to scenery and other buildings and all is fine, but this does it so often is just jarring.

I'm really curious as to why the directing is so strange... he's adapted/directed both novels (Kokoro Connect) and manga (Non Non Biyori/Tanaka-kun) before.. did someone else storyboard this? I can't find any information about it, so I assume it was him.

I can't see myself watching any more of this.
Apr 5, 2017 11:43 AM

Jan 2012
This episode felt reeeeaaally long... which is never a good thing for me :s Well I'll still watch a few more episodes.

The time skip felt weird though. Why 4 month time skip? A few weeks is okay but why did they take so long to take action?
Apr 5, 2017 11:52 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Time travel-oriented shows always have potential but... idk, this felt pretty lifeless. The characters are completely emotionless and I'm not really feeling it

Also how did the girl even learn of her ability to begin with if she forgets everything after using it? Is it identifiable from the outside somehow?

She said that she "probably" used her ability because she saw that girl crying. She never mentioned that for sure she used her ability.

4/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 5, 2017 11:54 AM

Apr 2016
Oh fuck another of those "some serious shit happens and everyone forget everything at the end" anime.
Apr 5, 2017 12:04 PM

Mar 2016
Unless there is an in-narrative reason for this to be as bad as it is, I'm just going to call it bad. (for now)
Apr 5, 2017 12:11 PM

May 2010
Dat dialogue. Also that was some bad direction. Could it be that this is going to be 2nd Glasslip. I can't tell at all, this series is weird.

MC: the supernatural powers are useless.
MC: Ah ye I can memorize anything 100% but nah nothing special.
Okay.

And here I thought Souma is going to be green-haired.
Call me if this turns out good 'cause I don't have the patience.
TragicRomanceApr 5, 2017 12:19 PM
Apr 5, 2017 12:14 PM

Jun 2015
Interesting first episode. It's a bit slow though. The monotone voices is so dull. The characters feel lifeless. Got to learn how the powers work and some backstory for Misora. The ending was very weird.
Apr 5, 2017 12:15 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
cchigu said:
HaXXspetten said:

She said that she "probably" used her ability because she saw that girl crying. She never mentioned that for sure she used her ability.
No I mean how does she even know she has the ability to reset time? If she forgets the effects of it then she can never ever have noticed anything changing. The only way she could even know she can do it is if someone else told her she had that ability or if she could identify its existence somehow without actually using it
Apr 5, 2017 12:23 PM

Sep 2015
The has potential haven't seen the source it came from. I'm getting a Steins;Gate/Zetsuen no Tempest vibe from this.
Apr 5, 2017 12:25 PM

Nov 2015
I was worried expect main 2 obvious anime of spring there is nothing good/interesting to watch (i mean my type)... finally found it!

What an interesting plot and story seem tragic in future HELL YEAH
That child is dead i mean WOW the fake one... & that Zen & Gizen story though seem whole series based on it ;) over lapping & looping of good & fake time/person.

Apr 5, 2017 12:32 PM

Feb 2016
Okay this totally got my attention, it might be slow (but who cares? Acca was like that, and it was a great show) but i bet that it was fast paced people would criticize it anyway

Strawberrycake48 said:

still salty bc no jojo part 5, why u do this David Pro

they are low of budget if i'm not mistaken, it was really noticeable on part 4, I hope this series hits well so they can earn some well earned budget in order for part 5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 5, 2017 12:36 PM

Apr 2012
Meh...I thought it would be better actually. So far not so good. So much talking, so much explanation... ugh. Just do your thing we will figure out how things work and what kind of characters are you, jeez.
Apr 5, 2017 12:40 PM
Nov 2015
i wasn't really sure what to expect, but this was decent i guess.
Hinata said:
I'm getting a Steins;Gate/Zetsuen no Tempest vibe from this.

hah, took the words right out of my mouth.
Apr 5, 2017 12:45 PM

May 2015
I think I'm all aboard with this one. That was definitely slow with some poor presentation, but the subject is very interesting and there are a lot of places they could go with the story to make this compelling. Got some Kokoro Connect vibes (but with a much more melancholy tone) from the group also.
Apr 5, 2017 12:45 PM

Dec 2014
the first episdoe seemed so odd and weird
Apr 5, 2017 12:52 PM

Sep 2016
Was expecting a different genre/approach when they mentioned abilities.
Episode was slow, bland overall
Apr 5, 2017 1:02 PM

Oct 2011
Amazing episode omfg. That ending ahhhh I need the next episode now
Apr 5, 2017 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
People should stop criticize anime that they can't understand. This was a great episode done with the right tone, it's refreshing to see an anime directed in this way. Lifeless my ass.
Apr 5, 2017 1:12 PM

Jul 2012
I really like the word play in the title with "Sakurada' and "Sagrada", I wonder if it is just to be cool or that it has some other meaning.
I admit that the begining got me like "OH PLS DON'T BE ETERNAL EIGHT ALL OVER AGAIN" D: That got me kinda traumatized :p
I like that there are rules to her reset, this make things a lot more interesting...but, the way she """saves"""" is so weird and abstract.
Ok episode, got me interested, but the characters are kinda dull.
taynisApr 5, 2017 1:16 PM

Apr 5, 2017 1:13 PM
Mar 2015
Why this anime feels like im watching some kind of Visual Novel??
Apr 5, 2017 1:15 PM

Feb 2017
It was a interesting ep! I liked it

4/5
Apr 5, 2017 1:16 PM

Sep 2016
that was crazy bad
characters are badly designed, flat, bland, soulless, lifeless, emotionless, whatever-less, boring, reeks chuuni, shitty dialogues and most terrible, overdone plot device, time reset.
and why the hell it's sagrada instead the sakurada with clear ku, not gu

wrote this before reading comment, pretty surprised that a lot of people have same opinion. even more surprised that even fake-happypositive reddit community think the same. wow. and this shit is 2 cours? lol
GangsterCatApr 5, 2017 1:22 PM
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 5, 2017 1:21 PM

Jan 2008
Eh? What was that I don't even. Horribad directing? Check. Lackluster exposition? Check. Cringe dialogues and interactions? Check. Boring and lifeless characters? Check.

Even my seiyuufu (Yuuki Aoi) can't save this trash if things don't turn 180 degrees in the opposite direction and I mean like in the next episode.
Use your brain before using your keyboard!
Apr 5, 2017 1:25 PM

Jul 2015
First episode was pretty interesting. Yeah, it might have been a bit slow, but I'm okay with that. Looking forward to next week's episode.

Yo college can you stop killing me lol

ProfileListMusicDog

Apr 5, 2017 1:35 PM

Dec 2014
I'm so confused, interested to see where this is going though.
Apr 5, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2015
I think it's a loose first episode that does not invite you to watch the series anymore.
The idea is interesting, but it is so much unnecessary dialogue that makes me question that why it is an animation and not a book, besides that the characters are stones.
1/3 to drop
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.