Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Apr 5, 2017 9:49 PM

Dec 2014
well that seemed weird to me the female MC is rther emotionless
Apr 5, 2017 9:50 PM

Aug 2016
So as I'm reading other people's opinions, I realize the first 3 episodes are kind of like a prologue. OK. No problem. I'll wait a couple episodes. This is interesting anyway.
Apr 5, 2017 10:06 PM

Jun 2013
As others have said, the presentation is pretty awkward. Weird pauses and transitions, confusing and somewhat lifeless dialogue (like, is it actually lacking clarity or is it just me?), meh art and lots of still frames. Idk if I want to continue...
Apr 5, 2017 10:07 PM

Aug 2015
This is the third anime (Alice to Zorokou and Sakura Quest) that got my interest this season, I'll watch more. I wonder if Souma has some sort of powers too.
Apr 5, 2017 10:07 PM

Nov 2013
Slow start, giving audience lots of questions without answers. My biggest question is, how could Haruki aware of her power & restrictions if she herself doesn't remember the reset?

Pretty interesting though, and still have potential for future episodes, as this series is 2 cour.

I think it's too early to judge this anime based on the first ep.
Apr 5, 2017 10:28 PM

Feb 2009
Would be easier to swallow if the dialogue wasn't so awkward. Overcomplicated is not smart, it just feels like you are trying too hard.

Giving it two more episodes to close the arc, doesn't seem to be a bad anime but the effort to watch is higher than the profit.
YagamiShinjiApr 5, 2017 10:34 PM
Apr 6, 2017 12:07 AM

Sep 2012
GangsterCat said:
sasalx said:
@GangsterCat

Sometimes I really wonder why you are still trying... Just watch your ecchi and go with it man. You don't have to drop every show and add it to your list. Then again it is your list so idk.

OT: I really like the first episode. Start was slow yes but it get interesting quickly for me. Nice twist at the end.

Also is the class rep. cousin of Ougi or something?
good job being a fanboy who get satisfy by everything as usual.
not my fault that a lot of anime are so shit, especially this one. a lot of poeple agree with me it seems.

Frankly I was not being a "fanboy". Since I do not post a lot in anime sub forums I tend to post in shows I like. For every season I drop nearly 4-6 anime. To mo there is no point adding them to my list. Giving a score is much worse if you ask me because even it is so bad you can't know what show can offer. I only do those when I find an anime that is utter garbage. Like Kampfer for example.

So my point was about it. Not about specifically this show or any show but like I said this is your list do whatever you want. This is just an opinion.
Apr 6, 2017 12:07 AM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
I read a lot of comments that commented on the "slowness" of the first episode, but considering the length of the series, I thought that it was perfectly fine. Additionally, I actually understood and appreciated the dialogue while also finding it to be rather thought-provoking. The first episode was, indeed, filled with the basis of characterization:

- We now know of the calm, straightforward, rather emotionless nature of the two primary main protagonists.

- We were briefly introduced to the student council girl's relatively intelligent and cunning behaviors/thoughts.

- It briefly gave an explanation of the superpower situation they're living in.

- gave some background on the main female protagonist

- showed an example of how the resetting ability would work.

- After briefly characterizing the main protagonists, it immediately jumped into a problem and used it as the suspense in the next episode.

All of these qualities show me that it will likely be getting close to an eight on MAL by the end of the series. It's only just begun; don't be so hasty to judge it. Steins;Gate also had a really slow start. This series is basically like the monogatari series' dialogue without shaft

Apr 6, 2017 1:19 AM

Jan 2015
I'm sad I'm one of the few who liked this first episode
Apr 6, 2017 1:25 AM

Aug 2016
It was unexpectedly surprising. I hope it'll continue to amuse me.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 6, 2017 2:09 AM

May 2010
What a mindnumbing episode with that massive amount of dialogue . The art style and the charackter designs are the very definition of "bland and boring" and the animation quality is ok at best.

BUT i cant deny that the end of the episode peaked my interest and i really wanna know what is going to happen next so i will give this one a chance.

(no matter how i struggled to keep up my concentration for 25 minutes lol)
Apr 6, 2017 2:27 AM

May 2014
SakurasouBusters said:
Yep, seriously do not understand the terrible reviews or score for this.
Yes, it was super slow paced and the characters SEEM bland, but the slow pace works, and the characters are interesting and likeable
Best first episode so far

What you just said makes as much sense as the dialogues in this show.
Yeah, it's not like it has anything going for it in other aspects, but the dialogues are the more unnatural and pretentious thing I've heard in a very long time. Katsuhiko Takayama never fails to deliver utter bullshit.
BrainPowerdKinoApr 6, 2017 2:31 AM
Apr 6, 2017 2:45 AM

Jul 2016
3xTripple said:
I read a lot of comments that commented on the "slowness" of the first episode, but considering the length of the series, I thought that it was perfectly fine. Additionally, I actually understood and appreciated the dialogue while also finding it to be rather thought-provoking. The first episode was, indeed, filled with the basis of characterization:

- We now know of the calm, straightforward, rather emotionless nature of the two primary main protagonists.

- We were briefly introduced to the student council girl's relatively intelligent and cunning behaviors/thoughts.

- It briefly gave an explanation of the superpower situation they're living in.

- gave some background on the main female protagonist

- showed an example of how the resetting ability would work.

- After briefly characterizing the main protagonists, it immediately jumped into a problem and used it as the suspense in the next episode.

All of these qualities show me that it will likely be getting close to an eight on MAL by the end of the series. It's only just begun; don't be so hasty to judge it. Steins;Gate also had a really slow start. This series is basically like the monogatari series' dialogue without shaft

But with Steins;Gate they managed to clue us into what was going on without straight up talking at each other about it. It's the Show-Don't-Tell rule.
Steins;Gate also created a solid atmosphere with some creepy lighting and use of colour, none of which was present in Sakurada Reset.
Not to mention the characters. They all have clear and entertaining PERSONALITIES that bounce of each other and create chemistry which was, again, missing from Sakurada Reset.

I will agree with you on the Monogatari comparison though. I feel that if they'd included some interesting visuals for us to look at it could have saved the show, much the same way Monogatari does it.
Apr 6, 2017 2:53 AM
Reviewer

Apr 2012
TheGreatMizuti said:
3xTripple said:

But with Steins;Gate they managed to clue us into what was going on without straight up talking at each other about it. It's the Show-Don't-Tell rule.
Steins;Gate also created a solid atmosphere with some creepy lighting and use of colour, none of which was present in Sakurada Reset.
Not to mention the characters. They all have clear and entertaining PERSONALITIES that bounce of each other and create chemistry which was, again, missing from Sakurada Reset.

I will agree with you on the Monogatari comparison though. I feel that if they'd included some interesting visuals for us to look at it could have saved the show, much the same way Monogatari does it.

In all fairness, Steins;Gate is a masterpiece by my standards, so maybe it was an unfair comparison. I just wanted to get the point across that it's too soon to judge the series based on its slowness. The graphics in this series are pretty average. I don't think the story is actually that bad though. I think that it's probably the studio that's dragging it down lol.

Most of the monogatari series' characters were also relatively emotionless like in this series, yet the visuals brought it into a whole new level. Shaft tried to repeat it with Zaregoto and yuki kajiura, but it's really not working out well imo.

Apr 6, 2017 3:14 AM
Jun 2011
Paulo27 said:
This is only good because the source is good.
Takayama Katsuhiko is doing an awful work with script and Kawatsura Shinya isn't entirely blame free either, he could have at least tried to move the characters more.
It's just an adaptation that's way too strict with itself and ends up feeling soulless, the MC echos almost 0 personality from his voice while he actually has some according to the words he speaks, too, so I echo my complaints above to the sound director too.
It's a shame. I'll enjoy it but it could be much better.
i disagre with you about the anime not as good as the source
Apr 6, 2017 3:27 AM

Jul 2011
I quite enjoyed episode 1.
It's an interesting concept to have a character who is so zen that they have no sense of self, also enjoyed the conversation about selflessness and the question about if you do something for others, are you doing it just to help yourself?
I thought it'd be a typical time-reset anime at first (I went into it blind) and was a bit surprised to see it was an ability-user type of thing.
Wonder what kind of direction this series will take.
Apr 6, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2015
Okay, this is interesting.
Even thou the conversations are dull, I still kinda enjoyed it.
Haruki looked lifeless (maybe she is an android??). Kei is pretty idealistic MC.
Well, this is a 2-cour anime, I will expect this more. Hope it could deliver and get better.

Apr 6, 2017 4:30 AM

Jan 2013
The writers of this thing don't know anything about human interaction. Those are the worst dialogues I've seen in a while.

This is how highschool kids talk right?

The light novel must be a soulless mess.
Apr 6, 2017 4:39 AM

Apr 2012
The first episode reminded me of something Mahouka, the same static picture and mechanical dialogues with Hanazawa, only now she in the role of a robot: D All the same I hope that it was just an embarrassing attempt to exposition and introduce the characters.

Apr 6, 2017 5:29 AM

Nov 2015
People flocking together with physics-defying abilities remind me a lot of Charlotte, plus his ability to retain memories of previous/former histories is like time-leaping and time travelling in Steins;Gate. MC's character is a bit, a tiny little bit unique... that weird sense of justice... no it's not that the sense is weird, him seeing himself as not righteous despite actually being it is. I'm not sure about the execution but the story fairly kept me interested and they made it 24 eps so I guess I'll stay with this.... for now...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2017 5:37 AM

Sep 2013
3/5
Despite how slow this episode was this really caught my attention. I'm very interested in where this will be going. My only real complaint is how emotionless the two main leads are. It's like they are devoid of any personality. We later learned why with Haruki (sorta) but Asai is seemingly lifeless though I'm sure there is a reason why he is the way he is.

Other than that I am very interested in the next episode. That revelation at the end came out of no where in a positive way. All the nuts and bolts are turning in my brain on trying to figure out where this will go. I'm looking forward on how this first mystery unfolds.
TehSnawnApr 6, 2017 5:40 AM

Apr 6, 2017 5:46 AM

Jan 2017
what do you guys mean by slow? it is just first episode which great, 8/10. talking about slow-start series, it is stein;gate nevertheless the story line is still masterpiece.
I get the feeling this series going to be great. didnt read the LN, hoping they adapt all eventhough 24 eps sound quite enough to adapt the whole thing but I still doubt it. can anyone spoil me who is the android amongst those three? sorry :'(
Apr 6, 2017 5:47 AM

May 2009
Reminds me of Charlotte... Let's see how it will differ.
Kinda got bored, but the last scene caught my interest.

3/5

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
Apr 6, 2017 5:53 AM

Oct 2013
this anime felt so lifeless wth? some of the dialogue didn't even make sense to me... i don't think i will last 1 cour let alone 2 cours lol... i think i'm going to watch the live action instead (hopefully it'll be better - probably not though)
Apr 6, 2017 6:43 AM

Jan 2017
I liked it. Seems a Charlotte more... dense, maybe?
Apr 6, 2017 6:55 AM

Jun 2013
velego said:
SakurasouBusters said:
Yep, seriously do not understand the terrible reviews or score for this.
Yes, it was super slow paced and the characters SEEM bland, but the slow pace works, and the characters are interesting and likeable
Best first episode so far

What you just said makes as much sense as the dialogues in this show.
Yeah, it's not like it has anything going for it in other aspects, but the dialogues are the more unnatural and pretentious thing I've heard in a very long time. Katsuhiko Takayama never fails to deliver utter bullshit.

It makes sense to me, im enjoying the characters and the dialogue doesnt seem that unrealistic or pretentious to me.
Apr 6, 2017 7:19 AM

Jul 2014
This show asks the question, "How long can you stay on a static shot until someone realizes you're staying on a static shot?"

Jokes aside, this episode was... interesting, to say the least. The premise, while interesting, was dragged down by the slow execution imo.

I just hope the next few episodes pick up the pace a bit more.
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Apr 6, 2017 7:30 AM

Jul 2015
Well that was... interesting... I guess.

It was okay, but just okay. It felt long and slow, characters seem seriously lifeless but I guess they were suppose to feel that way, ost is fine and I see nothing wrong with the art style, but there isn't enough going on. This type of work is something Shaft would have made work well, they do good with dialogue heavy anime like this. There needs to be more to keep me interested. The idea is cool but the execution is lacking. Things need to pick up or I won't be able to stick around for this.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 6, 2017 7:46 AM

Jul 2016
Interesting premise, especially I like this kind when it involves time looping or resetting. Although execution was that not good. Transition feels like skipping. Well I like the OP(insert song) and ED, it suits the atmosphere. The character designs and color palette are good for me, although not that satisfy with the animation, lacks a bit something with the gestures and facial expression.

It was fine episode imo, and I'm surprised its 24 eps., so looking forward to we're this show will head.
Apr 6, 2017 8:39 AM

Aug 2013
holyshit, I really don't like this emotionless type heroine..
the interaction between the chars are so terrible, yeah, maybe because the personality but..

haaa, I'm gonna stick with this just because I'm interested on the mysteries
Apr 6, 2017 9:06 AM

Aug 2012
kept hearing tanya!

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Apr 6, 2017 9:10 AM
Jan 2017
In first episode story look good but only one thing is missing is energy. I feel characters too sad but this is episode so i dont give bad rating and will contiue watching...
Apr 6, 2017 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
Why is everyone hating on this. It's just the first episode give it a chance at least.

Anyways. This show has grabbed my attention so far with its mystery and supernatural genres. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint me.

After seeing that person jump of a bridge and seeing the preview I'm interested in seeing what will happen.

Apr 6, 2017 10:19 AM

Oct 2013
Interesting is what this show has going for it so far, that's for sure ~ being curios what's gonna happen & all that.

Too bad there's nothing more than that from a 1st glance. Everything is a bit too lifeless...
Apr 6, 2017 10:54 AM

Dec 2015
is this anime? why it feels like i am reading light novel?
Sorry for my bad English

Humans see what they want to see
Apr 6, 2017 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
it deserves better than 6.87
Apr 6, 2017 11:35 AM

Jun 2013
the premise is really interesting i just got bored
Apr 6, 2017 12:01 PM

Sep 2016
quick, explicit review lmao

CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 6, 2017 12:45 PM
Nov 2016
Characters were quite robotic, especially in terms of how they spoke and their expressions, kinda creepy.
Looks like an interesting premise, still wary of the show, but I think it will pic up later
Apr 6, 2017 1:36 PM

May 2008
Well uh..this show is sort of weird and confusing.

Apr 6, 2017 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
Oh my God, those dialogues ! I thought I was done with this after I ended ZZ but the way certain lines came out were worthy of Zeta Gundam ! Incredible for a show based on a light-novel (since those books rely heavily on dialogues). If this wasn't a full-length series, I would think about stopping here.
Apart from that, there was nothing noticeable (sadly for the anime): everything seemed flat, from the voices (I suppose this was on purpose) to the pictures themselves. On the other hand, it at least presented everything required for a first episode.

1.5/5 I feel ashamed for this epidermical reaction.

Can someone explain the international title imposed by the producers?

@CodeBlazeFate You have to grace your ears and eyes with those 20 minutes ! It might not be at the level of some handshake but still...
Rei_IIIApr 6, 2017 3:18 PM
Apr 6, 2017 3:18 PM
Oct 2009
ALOC said:
I think it's a loose first episode that does not invite you to watch the series anymore.
The idea is interesting, but it is so much unnecessary dialogue

My thoughts exactly. I usually love these kinds of stories but this was so ridiculously contrived from beginning to end, with characters who just spout philosophical crap non-stop, extremely boring designs...

To me it was like it was trying to be like Bakemonogatari except it failed at every single thing xD I'll give it another shot though just because I usually enjoy anything with time travel.
Apr 6, 2017 3:23 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, this was amazing! I thought at first that the characters kinda spoke like robots, but...the concept and plot is simply so good. Already my favourite show of the season.
Apr 6, 2017 3:59 PM

Nov 2014
I've been thinking about this a lot and narrowed down a few problems with the episode:

- I was being read a story rather than watching one, almost everything in this episode was "tell" not "show".
- Massive info dumps disguised as natural dialogue, I'm sure the dialogue worked in the LN and made sense but it was badly introduced here and completely unnatural.
- No reason given to care about these characters, they're bland and lifeless serving only as vessels for telling the audience the plot.
- The first episode reset was a bad starting hook, a girl crying with nothing coming of it, the real hook is buried in the final scene (if you only have one good hook then use it early).
- MC's lack of acknowledgment of the reset and every character just accepting things naturally, this is completely disconnected from the audience, there is no audience surrogate which leads to the bad and stilted dialogue.

The biggest flaw unless I am missing something:

- The only person in a position to discover that resets happen is the MC yet everyone already knew about it, if you reset and remember nothing then nothing can be changed, useless skill up until now and badly introduced.

I don't think the story is at fault since people seem to praise the LN quite a lot, I think it's just bad directing and presentation.
Forum Signature
Apr 6, 2017 7:42 PM

May 2015
I can somewhat get pass the unnatural dialog and bland presentation, but the lifeless characters is killing this for me.

I still think this has potential, but sadly this 1st episode was pretty meh... It was awkwardly directed and scripted for most part. The low production values didn't help it either, especially taking in consideration this was the 1st episode (out of 24). I guess all the given budget and effort went into producing the 2 live-action movies instead.

I will continue to watch it, but with lower expectations. If by halfway the show (12 episodes in), this doesn't get better and more entertaining, then it's a drop.

It's a let down overall as I was hoping this to be better than what I got. I might try to read the LNs to see if it's the same, or this just a problem with the adaption.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Apr 6, 2017 9:19 PM

Feb 2014
Very slow start, but I guess that's to be expected since it's 2 cour.
Interesting premise, will be interesting to see where it goes. I dont see this being a standout anime at all but if they treat it right it'll either turn out decent or a huge flop.
Apr 6, 2017 10:20 PM
Aug 2013
I have to admit, not a very good start. We didn't even touch on the issue of how the Reset Girl even knows about her ability if hardly anything changes when she uses it. Also, shouldn't it look more like she's just jumping to alternate universes? I hope they touch on this soon. There's also that bit where she says she doesn't trust people much, so shouldn't it be counter intuitive to use her reset power so much since she doesn't have any power over the changes and people like the MC do?

Other than that, the characters are pretty simple. Hopefully it gets better however, I'll give it a chance.
Apr 6, 2017 10:25 PM

Mar 2009
Why the hell did David Pro give us this instead of more JoJo?
Apr 6, 2017 10:48 PM

Jan 2011
I got a headache from trying to follow this...it's not that I didn't understand it, but rather the monotonous voices and characters made it difficult for me to enjoy. I'll stick with it for a few episodes though.
Apr 6, 2017 11:35 PM

Nov 2014
Jesus, I want to be interested, I really do... But it's so...hard to get into. The dialogue is practically monotone, the character design is iffy, it feels like they're trying way too hard to be 'deep'. Everyone just...stands or sits still and their lip flaps move...

Will get through these first three episodes at least, but I don't really have a great first impression.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

117 by SlammyHammy »»
Aug 15, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.