Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 28, 2023 9:02 PM

Apr 2018
Initially it's complaints about overabundance of High School. So now we get loads of Fantasy, and the moaning shifted to crying about too much Isekai. What do people actually want?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 28, 2023 9:17 PM

Mar 2018
Variety. In each of those three cases, the hatred is mostly directed at the sheer amount
Jan 28, 2023 9:21 PM

Dec 2021
Something that is unique like Place further than the Universe or why not animate something like The Climber and Summit of the Gods

I would love to watch Non Fantasy Adventure stories 
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Jan 28, 2023 9:27 PM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
big fat voluptuous round anime tiddies
Jan 28, 2023 9:28 PM

Oct 2019
idk about people, but I want originality.

it pains me when a writer creates a story that has been created hundreds of times before, and it gets an adaptation. when hundreds and thousands of great and original stories are getting ignored.

it doesn't matter if it's good or bad, a different story or setting, is the best story or setting.

because a unique great show > great show

and a bad unique show is > bad show
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jan 28, 2023 9:36 PM

Nov 2019
If only mediocre writters jointed their hearts and bones and brains and muscles together to make a one hit wonder, a true masterpiece of imagination, a work of a lifetime.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jan 28, 2023 9:44 PM
Jul 2018
I'd love to see more adult oriented anime.
Jan 28, 2023 9:50 PM

Sep 2018
For you to stop spamming trash threads, for starters. 
Jan 28, 2023 9:58 PM

Oct 2013
No one really knows. No matter what, people will always find something to complain about, whether or not it's justified. It's literally impossible to please everyone.
Apolygon2 said:

it pains me when a writer creates a story that has been created hundreds of times before, and it gets an adaptation. when hundreds and thousands of great and original stories are getting ignored.

it doesn't matter if it's good or bad, a different story or setting, is the best story or setting.

That all depends on what your definition of "originality" is. Asking for a completely original and unique story is like asking for a unicorn to appear in front of you at this point.   
FanofActionJan 28, 2023 10:06 PM
Jan 28, 2023 10:05 PM
Jan 2017
ill watch and enjoy anything that's well animated.  when you can tell each scene was created with intent and not simply mass produced for a profit even if its echi harem highschool or isekai.  for me its not so much about the content but the quality of said content that's important.
Jan 28, 2023 10:10 PM

Nov 2018
I'm in The Drive-Thru of Burger King
Can I please get uhhhh whopper Jr. with onion Rings
Make it a meal so I can get a drink
No I'm not finish that's not everything

Can I please get a double whopper with no cheese
Can I please get a number 2 with a large drink
I got money so I don't care how much it cost me
So just throw in some extra fries don't make them salty

All this cheese gonna make my booty drip drip
I'm lactose intolerant I don't sip milk
If I see a sight of cheese Ima trip trip
Ama sit on ya toilet seat and doodoo then dip

So you got my lil whopper jr. (I didn't forget that)
And you got my double whopper (I didn't forget that)
What about my onion rings (Hold on you can sit back)
Burger King they know me now cheese I don't want that

(Grrrr)
And I'm getting hungry now I know you heard that
Waiting for my onion rings so I don't have to turn back
Burger King don't play with me, Y'all nuggets is so trash
Nuggets taste like rabbit nipples why y'all even serve that

Better stop playing and just give me all of my food
Either I pay you right now or leave the drive-thru
Gave me the bag and then I took a bite of my food
There's cheese in my mouth I'm gonna doodoo

I'm in the Drive-thru of Burger King
Man they just gave me a whopper jr. with hella cheese
Made it a meal so yes I got my drink
But why they gone put cheese on everything

They put cheese on my double whopper with no cheese
I'll be taking a number two in the morning
Hold on can I please be excused for a moment
The cheese already in my body booty farting
I farted...

Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Check out my list of emojis you can copy and paste in the forums here. List will expand in the future.
Jan 28, 2023 10:16 PM

Jun 2012
I want an isekai where a truck driver gets sent into a virtual reality version of Big Rigs Over The Road Racing.
"The f**ker who goes round beating people to a pulp. He thinks it'll never happen to himself. But there's gonna be a day when the f**ker gets f**king beaten to a pulp too. But that day's f**king today and the guy doing the beating is a f**king c**t." - Sang-hoon, Breathless (2009)
Jan 28, 2023 10:22 PM

Nov 2022
People have different tastes, what is joy to one is disgusting to someone else.

There is saying in Russia: What is joy to a Russian, is death to a German.

You should not give Germans Russian entertainment or they all die out.

Well typical Russian tastes do not work for me. They kill me, may be I am German? May be Japanese. Online test once showed me that I am Norwegian. To Valhalla.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Jan 28, 2023 10:26 PM

Oct 2019
FanofAction said:
No one really knows. No matter what, people will always find something to complain about, whether or not it's justified. It's literally impossible to please everyone.
Apolygon2 said:

That all depends on what your definition of "originality" is. Asking for a completely original and unique story is like asking for a unicorn to appear in front of you at this point.   

you know what I mean. of course you can't be fully original, but there is a clear difference between a new well thought up story, and the exact same isekai we have seen a million times but with a slightly different premise or/and gimmick .

of course no story is 100% original, but anyone with half a brain can tell you which one is far more well thought out fantasy between smart phone in another world and made in abyss.
Also available at:

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jan 28, 2023 10:30 PM

Oct 2013
Tbh i want a girlfriend and no character limit.
Jan 28, 2023 10:36 PM

May 2015
Give me more nursery homes as setting, that would make a difference! Who cares about the blue spring of adolescense, the first  love, the first kiss, the loss of innocence, the falling petals of cherry trees? I want to see more gerantologists and tremulous geezers struggling with  dementia.
IshitatesoJan 28, 2023 10:41 PM
Jan 28, 2023 10:39 PM

Oct 2013
Apolygon2 said:
FanofAction said:

you know what I mean. of course you can't be fully original, but there is a clear difference between a new well thought up story, and the exact same isekai we have seen a million times but with a slightly different premise or/and gimmick .

of course no story is 100% original, but anyone with half a brain can tell you which one is far more well thought out fantasy between smart phone in another world and made in abyss.
I think you're giving people with a half a brain too much credit based on some of the things I've seen.
Jan 28, 2023 10:44 PM

Oct 2019
FanofAction said:
Apolygon2 said:

I think you're giving people with a half a brain too much credit based on some of the things I've seen.

there are a lot idiots out there, I mean anti-vax is a thing that more than 1 person believes in.

but I think the majority know what original means when it comes to fiction. or at least that's what I want to believe.
Also available at:

Jan 28, 2023 10:46 PM

Jul 2013
More final seasons of attack on titan. In fact, every anime needs 20 final seasons.
Jan 28, 2023 10:49 PM

Oct 2013
Apolygon2 said:
FanofAction said:

there are a lot idiots out there, I mean anti-vax is a thing that more than 1 person believes in.

but I think the majority know what original means when it comes to fiction. or at least that's what I want to believe.
You have more faith than I do right now then.
Jan 28, 2023 10:52 PM

Oct 2010
thing is, mal is weird, the people who complained about too much high school aren't the ones that currently complain about fantasy
Jan 29, 2023 3:32 AM

Jul 2020
Getting too much of the same thing gets annoying and repititive.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Jan 29, 2023 3:38 AM

Feb 2020
More CGDCT, Yuri, Iyashikei, and yokai-themed anime, like Natsume Yuujinchou.
Jan 29, 2023 3:44 AM

May 2019
I want sex, nudity and bikini armors in anime.

_cjessop19_ said:
I'm in The Drive-Thru of Burger King
Can I please get uhhhh whopper Jr. with onion Rings
Make it a meal so I can get a drink
No I'm not finish that's not everything

Can I please get a double whopper with no cheese
Can I please get a number 2 with a large drink
I got money so I don't care how much it cost me
So just throw in some extra fries don't make them salty

All this cheese gonna make my booty drip drip
I'm lactose intolerant I don't sip milk
If I see a sight of cheese Ima trip trip
Ama sit on ya toilet seat and doodoo then dip

So you got my lil whopper jr. (I didn't forget that)
And you got my double whopper (I didn't forget that)
What about my onion rings (Hold on you can sit back)
Burger King they know me now cheese I don't want that

(Grrrr)
And I'm getting hungry now I know you heard that
Waiting for my onion rings so I don't have to turn back
Burger King don't play with me, Y'all nuggets is so trash
Nuggets taste like rabbit nipples why y'all even serve that

Better stop playing and just give me all of my food
Either I pay you right now or leave the drive-thru
Gave me the bag and then I took a bite of my food
There's cheese in my mouth I'm gonna doodoo

I'm in the Drive-thru of Burger King
Man they just gave me a whopper jr. with hella cheese
Made it a meal so yes I got my drink
But why they gone put cheese on everything

They put cheese on my double whopper with no cheese
I'll be taking a number two in the morning
Hold on can I please be excused for a moment
The cheese already in my body booty farting
I farted...

What an inspirational song, i cried.
Jan 29, 2023 4:21 AM

Feb 2020
Scavendgarr said:
I want a bunch of hot girlfriends and boyfriends

don't really mind the character limit.

Jan 29, 2023 4:38 AM

May 2018
People want the only and the same thing as always: THE SOUL. Unfortunately, it's a rare thing nowadays.

Jan 29, 2023 4:50 AM

Sep 2010
Uncensored anime tiddies, more lolis and real incest.
Jan 29, 2023 4:59 AM
Apr 2018
Something different from already existing shows, not a variation of it. Style, a little originality.
Jan 29, 2023 5:00 AM

Sep 2021
complete and utter world domination
Jan 29, 2023 5:01 AM

Feb 2022
Cannot say for people but I want more elementary school   (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵.)
Jan 29, 2023 5:11 AM

Aug 2017
- Original anime
- Good 2D animation
- No fillers in adaptations
- Variety
Jan 29, 2023 5:15 AM

Jul 2021
Isekai is basically just a high school harem show, but they go to an adventurers guild, instead of high school.
Jan 29, 2023 5:15 AM

Sep 2018
I want to stop the stupid Americanisation of anime, stop dumbing it down, stop converting everything to US measurements, stop using the word "like" all the time, stop using US food, stop shitty censorship and stop dropping honourifics.

All the people that love that are watching dubs anyway.
Jan 29, 2023 5:37 AM

Feb 2018
QPR said:
I want to stop the stupid Americanisation of anime, stop dumbing it down, stop converting everything to US measurements, stop using the word "like" all the time, stop using US food, stop shitty censorship and stop dropping honourifics.

Dubtitles are way easier and cheaper to produce than proper Subs. Besides, "Nobody" watches Subs anyway...
Jan 29, 2023 5:43 AM

Aug 2018
I'd like stories with actual endings please. Adapt completed manga and see it through to the end. Or just come up with some original ideas.
Jan 29, 2023 5:56 AM

Jul 2021
ateks said:
real incest.
based. this is what i want to see too.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 29, 2023 6:03 AM

Jan 2023
Anything that can make me watch many episodes.
Jan 29, 2023 6:19 AM

Jul 2022
It's almost like multiple people use this website and have differing opinions
Jan 29, 2023 6:36 AM

Jun 2022
Bfolls said:
Variety. In each of those three cases, the hatred is mostly directed at the sheer amount
This. Much of my initial interest in anime was killed with the moe boom back in the late 2000s and early 2010s and only bothered to return in late 2019, what I see are shows that lack variety (and usually the shows with the most variety were the highest rated, if you look at some of the earliest MyAnimeList top rated sections).

The needs of everyone have to be satisfied. If you want fantasy, then watch fantasy. If you want action, then watch action. If you want moe, then watch moe.

I will say that we are lucky that we are not bound by seasonals and can watch older series. (Though I will admit that it is hard for me to watch newer series without my eyes hurting or lose interest in the series).
Jan 29, 2023 6:39 AM

Sep 2009
I'm just sick of generic Isekai type of anime, if you do at least add them some good writing and characters with more depth. I know some of you guys will say "then don't watch" but it's hard to ignore when each season consists a few generic Isekai titles. (I don't mind if it's like Re:Zero which had a good writing and interesting characters)

El001 said:

Also this. I miss the 2000s where you could see a few seinen titles with originality. Nowadays even adult oriented anime feels childish to me.
VargnattJan 29, 2023 6:44 AM

Jan 29, 2023 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
Scavendgarr said:

You'll have a whole harem before the character limit gets removed

Jan 29, 2023 9:12 AM

Jul 2021
QPR said:

We need more anime with strong uptight posh British accent!
Jan 29, 2023 9:32 AM

Apr 2018
Bfolls said:
Yes, that's true. The over-abundance of isekai anime has caused a feeling of fatigue and oversaturation among some viewers, leading to criticism of the genre's lack of diversity and originality. Additionally, when a large number of isekai series are produced, the quality can often suffer, as not all series can live up to the standards set by the best in the genre.
DragevardJan 29, 2023 9:36 AM
Jan 29, 2023 9:33 AM

Apr 2018
Faxtual_Ghoul said:
Something that is unique like Place further than the Universe or why not animate something like The Climber and Summit of the Gods

I would love to watch Non Fantasy Adventure stories 
Definitely, variety is the spice of life. While isekai has its place in the anime genre, it's great to see anime explore other types of stories and themes. Anime like Place further than the Universe and The Climber and Summit of the Gods show that non-fantasy adventures can also be engaging and captivating. It would be fantastic to see more diverse stories and genres in anime, including non-fantasy adventures.
Jan 29, 2023 9:39 AM
❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀

Oct 2019
Something with a good plot.
Dilfs. please please please please 
strawberryhoneyJan 29, 2023 9:44 AM
Jan 29, 2023 9:40 AM

Sep 2018
JaniSIr said:
We need more anime with strong uptight posh British accent!

The equivalent would be the subs talking in cockney rhyming slang which would just be stupid to anyone outside the UK.
"I need to use the Gary, where is it?"
"Just down the apples"

I can see that would be moronic for a global audience but the morons doing the subs are so US centric that they cannot see it. No one outside the US talks like they do in the subs.

Jan 29, 2023 9:41 AM

Apr 2018
Apolygon2 said:

I completely agree. Originality is a crucial aspect of any form of entertainment, including anime. The repetition of similar storylines and settings in the isekai genre has caused a feeling of boredom among some viewers. The lack of originality can lead to a lack of creativity and depth in the storytelling. On the other hand, unique and original stories have the potential to be truly captivating and memorable. A great unique show is indeed better than a great show, and a bad unique show is still preferable to a bad show with a repetitive storyline.
Jan 29, 2023 9:42 AM

Apr 2018
SgtBateMan said:
If only mediocre writters jointed their hearts and bones and brains and muscles together to make a one hit wonder, a true masterpiece of imagination, a work of a lifetime.
It would certainly be a great thing to see more collaboration and effort put into creating truly imaginative and original works in anime. The combination of many creative minds and talents could lead to the creation of a true masterpiece, a work of a lifetime that would be remembered for years to come. The power of collaboration can bring out the best in artists and writers, leading to new and exciting storytelling experiences.
Jan 29, 2023 9:42 AM
more horror, psychological, yuri, fantasy with really good world building, and anything that is original and wild 
Jan 29, 2023 9:43 AM

Apr 2018
El001 said:
There's definitely a demand for more mature and adult-oriented anime. Many anime fans have grown up and are looking for more mature storytelling experiences that tackle more serious themes and topics. Adult-oriented anime can often offer more depth and complexity in terms of character development, world-building, and storytelling. However, it's important to remember that such content may not be suitable for all audiences and may contain graphic or mature themes.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» J. Michael Tatum Appreciation Thread

APolygons2 - 7 hours ago

5 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » anime is trash and so am i

deg - Yesterday

30 by DX_impulse »»
6 minutes ago

» Upcoming anime which might touch No.1 ranking on MAL (Prediction)

ZXEAN - Mar 27

44 by kusairo »»
6 minutes ago

» why are anime sometimes divided into 2 parts of 12 episodes instead of 24 episodes?

Tsuyatoash - May 2

17 by ST63LTH »»
10 minutes ago

» What's the most important feature in an anime for you?

new_Ango - May 2

41 by ST63LTH »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.