Forum Settings
Forums

Upcoming anime which might touch No.1 ranking on MAL (Prediction)

New
Mar 27, 12:01 AM

Sep 2020
After Frieren which upcoming anime do you think have potential to hit No.1 ranking on MAL ???
Mar 27, 12:59 AM

Jun 2020
Dandadan and the One Piece remake have good shots but would definitely not sustain their places
Mar 27, 4:02 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Whichever anime has autistic spergs who will botspam 10/10 scores to create an initial high score for the anime. Then majority of watchers will think "WOWIE IT HAS 9.30 AVERAGE SCORE, IT MUST BE PROFOUND, I WILL RATE IT AT LEAST 9/10". That's how shows get memed into cult status online.
Mar 27, 5:20 AM

Sep 2016
Mar 27, 5:38 AM

Jan 2022
I hate this website so much at this point
Mar 27, 5:55 AM
Jan 2021
Frieren s2 or houseki no kuni s2/s3(if ever there is gonna be one)
Mar 27, 5:56 AM

Apr 2021
Yup this threads gonna be the assembly for every frieren hater
Mar 27, 5:59 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to LenRea
I hate this website so much at this point
@LenRea WoW !!! Glad to hear that (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)
Mar 27, 5:59 AM

Feb 2020
Dunno and honestly I couldn't care less about these silly rankings.
Mar 27, 6:01 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
Whichever anime has autistic spergs who will botspam 10/10 scores to create an initial high score for the anime. Then majority of watchers will think "WOWIE IT HAS 9.30 AVERAGE SCORE, IT MUST BE PROFOUND, I WILL RATE IT AT LEAST 9/10". That's how shows get memed into cult status online.
@BigBoyAdvance This, this is the mentality I was trying to explain to my friend who is a JJK fan. But alas....

-Tohka is better than Kurumi. You can't change my mind. 

Mar 27, 6:02 AM

Sep 2020
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
@BigBoyAdvance Edgy comments detected. Opinion rejected. You people just love hating popular stuff. Is that make you feel cool or something ??? But in reality it's entirely opposite.
ZXEANMar 27, 6:10 AM
Mar 27, 6:09 AM

Sep 2022
People like to complain about spammers purposefully rating animes a 1/10 but seem to conveniently overlook the fact that there are also spammers for animes rating it a 10/10. I couldn't care less about rankings and don't really give a fuck who's at the top. I love Frieren as well, but I'm not as "gushing" about it as most people are. And no, I haven't watched FMAB yet.

If there is something to be gained from rankings, it's that they are a good list for finding more animes to add on your watchlist, but they aren't an indicator of "best animes".
Gremlin Eris be like:
Mar 27, 7:23 AM

Oct 2010
frieren will fall, I'm telling you guys, magic ca get you so far whereas alchemy is equivalent exchange
Mar 27, 8:17 AM

Nov 2017
Frieren hasn't so much member. Its score will drop when it gets more member and loose its hype. I dont know if any anime will pass its score soon though.
Mar 27, 11:12 AM

Jan 2022
Reply to ZXEAN
@LenRea WoW !!! Glad to hear that (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)
@ZXEAN Why????? Are you a sadist????
LenReaMar 27, 11:16 AM
Mar 27, 11:33 AM
Feb 2021
I think its going to be Probably one piece remake
Mar 27, 11:43 AM

Nov 2021
Frieren season 2 or a really great adaptation of Witch Hat Atelier
Mar 27, 11:47 AM

Oct 2018
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
@BigBoyAdvance This. That's why i hate new anime on #1. Hype only, no quality. And no I'm not talking about Frieren. But pretty much it, anime nowadays.
Rate while anime isn't finished yet? No, I won't believe that until I see it myself and until it's completed.
AdityaRizkiSMar 27, 12:00 PM
Mar 27, 11:55 AM

Oct 2017
Damn I haven't checked the top anime ranking in years, assumed FMAB would still be first as usual lmao
For how long has frieren been first ?

Mar 27, 12:00 PM

Aug 2016
When it ends, One Piece might be number 1. The original, not the remake. I'll explain.

Completed shows on MAL takes into account for the overall score only the votes from the users that watched at least 20% of the anime. This is not the case for the ongoing shows, where every vote matters. That's why when any show ends, we notice a significant increase of the score, because the people who didn't like the anime and scored it low likely didn't watch 20% of it, and their scores are discarded when the show finishes.

Well, this thing will be hugely magnified for One Piece. Let's assume that it ends at episode 1200. This means that, for the score of a user to matter, they need to watch at least 240 episodes. And I can't imagine someone watching 240 episodes of an anime without REALLY liking the show, so it's pretty much guarantee that all the low scores will be discarded, leaving only the scores for the ones that absolutely loved the show, skyrocketing it at number 1.
Mar 27, 12:01 PM

May 2018
Steel Ball Run. Whenever it comes out.
I don't believe in other shows to become this big, or at least keep the place for long.
Probably some sequels may get there. Frieren, Kusuriya, Kenshin, Oshi no Ko?

Mar 27, 12:02 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
@BigBoyAdvance
SPBP.
This guy unironically knows.
Hot Blood saves lives.
Mar 27, 12:16 PM

Nov 2021
Who cares? Top rated anime on MAL hasn't mattered in years.
Taiga best girl forever.
Mar 27, 12:24 PM
Apr 2022
boku no kokoro ,bokuyaba ,the dangers in my heart s2
wait until it's saturday
Mar 27, 12:43 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to Zhenro
Damn I haven't checked the top anime ranking in years, assumed FMAB would still be first as usual lmao
For how long has frieren been first ?
@Zhenro #1 for over 4 months already.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Mar 27, 4:07 PM
Apr 2014
It probably won't be this season without outside influence, the big sequels like Konosuba/Mushoku Tensei aren't safe enough and the new shows with potential like Shuumatsu Train don't fit the right criteria to ever maintain a score over a 9 on this site. Maybe Sentai Daishikkaku if it exceeds expectations by a few miles? I don't think Kaijuu 8 is going to do it for various reasons.
Mar 27, 4:41 PM

Aug 2020
One Piece (the 1100 eps one) once it uh.. ends

The One Piece

The final third of Monster Association arc of OPM if adapted correctly (iykyk)

Bleach TYBW Finale

JoJo part 7
Mar 27, 8:38 PM

Feb 2021
Reply to BigBoyAdvance
@BigBoyAdvance I mean I'm not gonna deny that but the "meme-y" scores aren't anything new. Interspecies Reviewer, Healer's Redo, the latter is boring even for rape hentai and people call it the best thing ever. Surely they haven't seen Kuroinu.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Mar 27, 8:55 PM

Apr 2017
Nice didn't know Frieren hit #1. My guess is Oshi No Ko season 2, comes out this summer. 2024 is a good year for anime.

Mar 27, 11:12 PM

Jun 2020
A really good adaptation of Witch Hat Atelier can topple Frieren, but thats about the only recent thing I can think of that has a chance in my eyes. Could get a wildcard show appearing and topping and you couldnt predict that.

"Don't let your memes be dreams."- Ancient Japanese proverb, probably
Mar 28, 12:01 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to armob
boku no kokoro ,bokuyaba ,the dangers in my heart s2
wait until it's saturday
@armob i highly doubt it's gonna be 9.40
Mar 28, 2:01 AM

Jan 2013
Forget upcoming, Brotherhood will see an unprecedented surge in popularity as it reaches a 9.5 score. Nothing suspicious.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Mar 28, 4:27 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Reply to Yuu_Kanzaki
@BigBoyAdvance I mean I'm not gonna deny that but the "meme-y" scores aren't anything new. Interspecies Reviewer, Healer's Redo, the latter is boring even for rape hentai and people call it the best thing ever. Surely they haven't seen Kuroinu.
@Yuu_Kanzaki If you think people love Redo of Healer because of "rape hentai" you're missing the entire point of the show.
Mar 28, 6:17 AM

Nov 2015
Probably some popular shounen instead of the new Akira remake that’s been in production for years.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Mar 28, 6:21 AM

Oct 2021
I'm pretty sure the new Kinnikuman anime will assume the top of the list as it should.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/54730/Kinnikuman__Kanpeki_Ch%D0%BEujin_Shiso-hen
Mar 29, 8:50 AM

Jan 2009
this is ignoring original anime since this thread is all about anime adaptations only
Mar 29, 9:03 AM
Oct 2020
Nothing is gonna touch that top spot atleast for the next two decades because not everyone can make a masterpiece like frieren.
Mar 29, 9:39 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to Reinaria
Nothing is gonna touch that top spot atleast for the next two decades because not everyone can make a masterpiece like frieren.
@Reinaria The same was said about Oshi no Ko btw i love both of them
Mar 29, 11:46 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to AshuAmbrose
@Reinaria The same was said about Oshi no Ko btw i love both of them
@AshuAmbrose oshi no ko is more on the level of interspecies reviewers lol
Mar 29, 12:20 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to Reinaria
@AshuAmbrose oshi no ko is more on the level of interspecies reviewers lol
@Reinaria Well I consider both Interspecies Reviewers and Oshi No Ko peak in their respective genres so it works for me I guess

More topics from this board

» So is Shin-Chan actually G rated and the Funimation Dub was like Ghost Stories or is it Adult in nature like Oruchuban Ebichu

vasipi4946 - 36 minutes ago

1 by Lhundrup »»
5 seconds ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

43 by vasipi4946 »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime that you started watching because of Social Media

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

18 by mizukasa »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

69 by Aletheia_xxx »»
6 minutes ago

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 12 hours ago

24 by Krlenir »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.