Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rent-A-Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2020 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh look at Ruka. She got dressed up just for Kazuya.

Mami playing mind games with Mizuhara though...she's really not to take lightly with that personality of hers. Yeah, she got's got mixed feelings about everything that has been going on in her life now.

Weird episode really. It sets the tone for more in the future but I'm glad this season is over.

Season 2 got announced lul

https://twitter.com/kanokari_anime/status/1309536550691069952
Stark700Sep 25, 2020 10:11 AM

Feb 2018
Kazuya really a trash MC, you can say that Mami-chwan is an Impostor. Looks like Kazuya's relationship was exposed here. The bridge scene not bad either.... What do you mean Kazuya? That car scene, who's on that light sensor, good game Mami.

Still waiting for more good news.

https://twitter.com/okarishimasu/status/1309536900840005632?s=19

SyureriaSep 25, 2020 9:58 AM

Jul 2017
AND SO IT ENDS.

Kazuya being stuck to Ruka is just about the most nonchalant thing ever, even for a quick day of date. Still not quite acquainted about her character, but Chizuru is where Kazuya's heart lies at, truly, only she can do.

BUT HOLY HELL...the confrontation of Chizuru and Mami (the rental girlfriend vs. the manipulative girlfriend), WOW that was scary. Chizuru standing up for Kazuya against Mami (and persevering through the tension and her two-faced self) was such a BRUH moment, and a round of applause for her character. Kazuya, please use your brain more...everything happens FOR A REASON.

Namedropping the OST's artists with the peggies and halca, what an easter egg.

Kazuya's solace against Chizuru's whims, character development in the sense of growth? I'd hope to believe that Kazuya has her in his heart, being 1st place and all...AND HE DELIVERED. "You're the one that I want.", akin to a love confession in truth, but in secrecy. After the boat scene, and now this.

What a show to love and hate with for these 3 months. Enjoyed my time with Kanojo, Okarishimasu.

SEASON 2!?!?! SIGN ME UP!!!!

https://twitter.com/zerods_/status/1309536993005666304/photo/1
KANLen09Oct 1, 2020 8:59 AM
Sep 25, 2020 9:57 AM

Aug 2017
I liked the progress of the series in general. My only main issue is the excessive amount of coincidences at the beginning, somewhat absurd if you ask me. Generally, the character development is decent and the characters are average only the protagonist stands out above the others. 7/10 for the anime.
NurguburuSep 26, 2020 11:07 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 25, 2020 10:02 AM

May 2014
You know, I liked this anime more than I thought I would. It was nice to see Mami come back these last two episodes after falling off the map since she brings in some of that sweet sweet drama. Ruka being cute like always and dressing up is a nice bonus!

Chizuru standing up for Kazuya was cute...and of course he's listening in lol

Yeah, I would totally watch a season two.
Sep 25, 2020 10:10 AM

Oct 2017
I think I enjoyed these first few arcs in the anime more than the manga lol. Kudos to TMS Entertainment for delivering us with an amazing adaptation.

The finale was a blast too, Mizuhara and Mami's confrontation was amusing.

I'm glad we are getting a new season of the anime. Can't wait to see the upcoming arcs animated. Incoming more of best girl Ruka and Sumi.
Sep 25, 2020 11:43 AM

Feb 2016
I honestly don't really like Kazuya that much but overall this series did better than what I expected.
I expect more character development in the next season
Sep 25, 2020 11:55 AM
Pen

Mar 2018
That was a good ending overall they wrapped it up nicely enough that the season 2 wait won't be that bad.

For a min their I thought they really were going to pull a real cliff hanger on the "I want you" part

Overall I really did like this series maybe because it not just another high school romance but one set in college. Kind of like Golden Time.

And THB I actually like Kazuya I know he is just one big talking Bruh moment but still, he is an actual character with faults and he does actually grow, unlike some other characters from other series.

For example, he actually went on a date with Ruka something he never would have done when the series started. She is also a good character she actually cares about him she even got dressed up to see him.

Overall I really do like this series and that says something especially with the season it was released in with big hitters like Rezero and SNAFU to compete with I think it did its job very well.

So in the end I am very excited to see a season two announced as the last episode is released so I don't have to sit and wonder if It will get a second season.- If I should read the manga to get the full ending I can now just wait for the anime.
PendragonX1Sep 25, 2020 12:12 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 25, 2020 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
People dislike Kazuya because he's living their dream.

Noice that there will be a second season, because things are about to get interesting and I'm sure we will get some rewarding moments.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2020 12:10 PM

Dec 2015
6/10. I'd give it a 7 if Kazuya didn't said sike.
Sep 25, 2020 12:11 PM

Apr 2007
Kazuya couldn't say the right thing to Ruka or Chizuru, though he obviously wants the latter more. Poor Ruka :( The Mami confrontation was fun as expected too, and her outfit was beautiful!

And a second season was announced. No surprise there. I'll watch it for the delicious girls, which was the only reason I was able to finish this :9
Sep 25, 2020 12:12 PM

Oct 2017
FMmatron said:
People dislike Kazuya because he's living their dream.
Bruh u burnt em lmao.
Sep 25, 2020 12:12 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Beautiful character designs and an interesting premise ruined by a worm of an MC who not even after all this time can muster a proper confession.

if you're going to make women left and right fall for your main character, at least make him a bishounen, give him super powers, sense of humour or some characteristics that would justify his appeal. He doesn't deserve any of them, not even Mami with all her faults.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 25, 2020 12:13 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Ruka's as eye catchingly cute as ever huh. Hmm the karaoke place sure was an unusual one for Mami and Chizuru's date/confrontation. Amusing how Chizuru actually cited the actual groups and singers that actually sang the series OP and ending themes in her answer. Still the tension in that meeting as well as for Kazuya sure was something. Though Chizuru's plea to Mami was a good attempt Mami's heart's just too hardened. Too bad cold feet got in the way of the confession but the effects it had sure was sweet. Looks like in the end Kazuya is going for the safer option of status quo huh. Well as long a sit keeps everyone happy it's good enough. Hmm overall an interesting last ep that managed to settle the confrontation between Chizuru and Mami surprisingly peacefully. While i would have liked Kazuya and Chizuru ending up as a real couple guess that would have been too soon. Curious whether will there be a season 2 though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2020 12:14 PM

Jun 2019
PendragonX1 said:
That was a good ending overall they wrapped it up nicely enough that the season 2 wait won't be that bad.

For a min their I thought they really were going to pull a real cliff hanger on the "I want you" part

Overall I really did like this series maybe because it not just another high school romance but one set in college. Kind of like Golden Time.

And THB I actually like Kazuya I know he is just one big talking Bruh moment but still, he is an actual character with faults and he does actually grow, unlike some other characters from other series.

For example, he actually went on a date with Ruka something he never would have done when the series started. She is also a good character she actually cares about him she even got dressed up to see him.

Overall I really do like this series and that says something especially with the season it was released in with big hitters like Rezero and SNAFU to compete with I think it did its job very well.

So in the end I am very excited to see a season two announced as the last episode is released so I don't have to sit and wonder if It will get a second season.- If I should read the manga to get the full ending I can now just wait for the anime.

They really had me on that cliffhanger and then bam, more stuff started happening and Kazuya went back into Chad form.
Sep 25, 2020 12:17 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Weird how the only really good episode was the last one, apart from that it was just the endless same development with Chizuru, Kazuya was just extremely cringe, Mami...eh totally annoying, Ruka was actually good, same for Sumi but totally under-exploited.
Not to mention some episodes that were almost unwatchable like the 8th one
I hope that the second season will be better. 4/10
Sep 25, 2020 12:21 PM

Oct 2017
Ashhk said:
Weird how the only really good episode was the last one, apart from that it was just the endless same development with Chizuru, Kazuya was just extremely cringe, Mami...eh totally annoying, Ruka was actually good, same for Sumi but totally under-exploited.
If u want more of Ruka and Sumi be sure to watch next as there will be lots of focus on them.
Sep 25, 2020 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
I didn't like the start of this anime mainly because of Kazuya. I lost count how many times I've cringed.

I also thought that they were going to end this in a cliffhanger. Kazuya should just be more honest with himself. Actually, if he was honest this whole problem wouldn't have happened. He should have just dated Ruka.

Mizuhara is still best girl tho.

Well, time to catch up on the manga.

Sep 25, 2020 12:23 PM

Feb 2019
Honestly this was the best episode. Plenty of Mami, plenty of Ruka. The two best parts of the show for me and what carried it. Idk how this is getting a season 2, I’ll give it a shot along with reading the manga to see if my impression of everything changes, but I found this first season to be garbage. Which is rare for me because I like everything. That said, it was enjoyable.
Sep 25, 2020 12:27 PM
Sep 2008
Already gave this anime a chance and well... it that was a waste of time.
Sep 25, 2020 12:29 PM

Jul 2020
This series is still keeping me interested even though I'm heavily disappointed. The beginning was just god awful w the amount of coincedences piling on the MC. Ha this was a 6/10, would've been way lower if it wasn't for the OP and the solid artstyle. Onto s2 ig not sure how they'll carry on
Sep 25, 2020 12:29 PM

Apr 2018
The most cringe anime i have ever watched but it was fun nonetheless. So Mami has no redeeming qualities? Well at least we have some kind of antagonist for next season. I hope wee see more of all girls especially Sumi.
Sep 25, 2020 12:30 PM
Apr 2020
Am I the only one who thought Mami-chan looked like Meliodas

Sep 25, 2020 12:31 PM

Sep 2019
He got a little personality developement and wanted to take step forward with Ruka but of course he couldn’t do it. Few minutes later he said “you are the one I want”. Are we getting developement? Of course not he couldn’t say it again. Well, thats just how this goes with this show. I don’t have big expectations for season 2.
Sep 25, 2020 12:37 PM
May 2020
I was giving this show a benefit of doubt but I am disappointed. The final episode felt like a mess pacing and soundtrack wise.
Sep 25, 2020 12:39 PM

Jul 2013
this right here, is how you do a proper 12th episode
Sep 25, 2020 12:40 PM

Dec 2018
Kazuya fucking dipped after the somewhat awkward confession but Kazuya is at least improving as a character slowly. Season 2 awaits!
Sep 25, 2020 12:42 PM

Sep 2019
MegamiRem said:
Ashhk said:
If u want more of Ruka and Sumi be sure to watch next as there will be lots of focus on them.
z00nexSep 25, 2020 4:25 PM
Sep 25, 2020 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Man freaking Kazuya, why can't you just be true to your feelings or just date Ruka already.

Season 2 announced though.

Am I the only one that thinks Mami-chan is actually an amazing antagonist for the show? (not saying she's one of the best or anything) But Man Aoi Yuuki is perfect for her!
Sep 25, 2020 12:46 PM

Aug 2013
Yup. Definitely my favorite series that started this season (and wasn't a continuation).
It was pretty obvious that he wouldn't confess for real at this point.
9/10. I don't remember the last time when I've seen romance series this good. I enjoyed it even more than Oregairu (Yui is still best girl though, but Chizuru was pretty close).
Can't wait for manga that I ordered from Mandarake.
PendragonX1 said:

+1
rsc-plSep 25, 2020 12:59 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 25, 2020 12:56 PM

Jun 2019
Kazuya, really dude. What was that confession? Man, this guy is really helpless.
And Ichinose, you goddess. The only character I enjoyed in this show, so far.
It was a fine season. Really looking forward to the next season as it is confirmed.
Sep 25, 2020 12:57 PM

Feb 2020
PendragonX1 said:

I think the same way too. This series was a refreshing blessing from all the usual high school bs. I really enjoyed it all the way and am now reading the manga as well.

I knew this was heading into a second season by episode 9, already. It was written on the wall, really, with the late introduction of Sumi.
Sep 25, 2020 12:58 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode, like the rest of the series. The show kept me entertained from start to finish.

Kazuya finally declares herself, but obviously but obviously he's not ready to face his feelings, but Mizuhara seems to feel something. Obviously it's the fate of the series that the two become a couple, the best thing will be to find out how.

My rating is 8/10. Also announced the second season, really happy for this.
Sep 25, 2020 12:58 PM

Jun 2016
I loved the cringe in this episode.
Sep 25, 2020 1:00 PM

Jan 2020
Decent ending Sumi was number 1 even though she only had one episode.
Sep 25, 2020 1:04 PM

Apr 2018
Oh Kazuya the trashiest MC but I can see the character development coming. This episode was packed Mami found about Mizuhara's job. My girl Ruka almost had a bf xD and that confession
Sep 25, 2020 1:06 PM
Aug 2020
I need more. At least we got some closure from the confessing after the credits.
Sep 25, 2020 1:14 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I feel like this show perfectly addresses my opinion on some of the weirdness you'll only experience in Japan. To which, I'm mostly just "fine" with it. No particular drive to either trying it out asap and likewise none for denying it completely. Some are amusing however and Kanojo, Okarishimasu probably falls under this category for me.

Here's the thing... I'm sure dating for money is not the most unusual thing you could possibly find but a business out of that and an agency to moderate on top of it, now that's something xD. I know it’s a necessity response due to the rising Hikikomori issue over in Japan and I respect that, just letting it out there.

Anyway, on to the final episode now... Kazuya deciding to just go through with Ruka-chan to put an end to the fake relationship is incredible in so many ways and equally infuriating lol. Just how pathetic is this guy, good lord.

Damn, that tense vibe between Chizuru-san and Mami-chan though. It's fine and all until you realise it's Kazuya of all people xD. But, on a more serious note, it was nice to see Chizuru-san standing up for him like that. Covering it all up so effectively consequently during the fateful meeting just goes to show how pro she has become, I suppose.

When that ED came on, I really did think the show was going to end there by the way. Gee, what a scare that was!

At the end of the day, my last hope is that these girls just find a better partner lol. They’re all fanstantic in their own ways, barring Mami-chan, and they deserve a lot better. And more Sumi-chan moments, please. I've heard bits about the MC's progression but it's hard to imagine that it'll be enough for me to root for the girls to end up with him. But let's see.

Now, now... It might sound like I totally hate the series because of the MC alone but I'll admit I'd my fun here and there. Stalking and crying out about the ex managing to win over the rookie star is forever going to be a mystery for me but there's one thing for sure and that's I'm more than happy to go for round 2 of this.

Going to settle with a strong 6/10 for now. Struggling to decide between a 6 or a 7 but I'll just leave it at a 6 for the time being. Too many “What the fudge are you doing, Kuzu-ya?” and “God, just kill me” moments to ignore.

Harem/Reverse-Harem animanga have never made the most sense to me but one thing was important and that’s a bloody compatible MC. I know they still end up making life hard for themselves but it’s often just amusing and not “bruh” all the time.
_MushiRock11_Sep 25, 2020 9:18 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 25, 2020 1:15 PM

Nov 2017
nice save there at the end my friend.

tbh this was quite a decent comedy show, on to season 2 now

plz @ me
Sep 25, 2020 1:20 PM

Feb 2020
ruka is growing on me for some reason lmao
while she is possessive, she's very straightforward with what she wants and doesn't hesitate unlike kazuya.

excited for s2 and hopefully the peggies and halca will do the op and ed again.

Sep 25, 2020 1:20 PM
May 2016
Loved it (much better bridge scen than SnAFU :P ), was expecting more of a confrontation with Mami but I guess they want to keep her an enigma. Best show of the season for me. Loved all the characters, and yeah there were too many coincidences but who cares this wasn't serious drama just a silly rom com meant to be fun. And fun it was the whole way through, with great well written characters whether you loved them or hated them. You rarely get that in anime anymore. Can't wait for season 2 should be lots of fun. :)
Sep 25, 2020 1:22 PM

Dec 2019
It's really a shame on how the last two episodes were the best and that Sumi (the best character for me) was barely in the first season. Overall it's a 5 or 6 for me.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

May 2020
Weird but good episode.
I'm giving this season a 6/10
Despite this low-average rank I've started catching up with the manga and probably will watch second season as well.
There is nothing wrong to sometimes show weaknesses to women but hope MC Kazuza grow and become a more mature man.
It's strange the mixture of fake/manipulating and genuine feelings between the characters.

Sumi remains in mystery!

By the way this is my first comment/review of a series LOL

Oct 2017
WTF was that ending, huh?!

Ruka - best girl!

Did anyone else wait to see this first on fridays, so they can somewhat heal a bit with Uzaki afterwards?
Sep 25, 2020 1:32 PM

Oct 2018
The saddest thing about this show is that the best girl only had 16 minutes on screen.

I hope they'll adapt her spin-off
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Sep 25, 2020 1:36 PM

Jul 2020
Sigh

It was fine, 6/10. Can't say I enjoyed it like I did when the first few episodes rolled out, but for the most part, it was at least watchable. That said, I might stick around for the second season or read the manga (tho it's probably low priority).
Sep 25, 2020 1:50 PM

Nov 2014
It could've ended with a bang, but nope lol.
Sep 25, 2020 1:51 PM

Mar 2010
One of the best endings out their, it needs no sequel, and Mami is best girl hands down.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 25, 2020 2:22 PM
Feb 2019
So what chapter this end in the manga? Or should I just read from the start.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2020

311 by zainaAlizzy »»
Apr 10, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kanojo, Okarishimasu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RegulusX - Jul 17, 2020

294 by afromarco005 »»
Apr 9, 9:32 AM

Poll: » overhated, overlooked, and genuinely a real depiction of romance. ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 1, 2023

79 by BigBoyAdvance »»
Mar 26, 9:05 AM

» What if Rent a girlfriend had Good story, Good romance and Good character development ( 1 2 )

Reckless_weeb - Mar 6

54 by kurayamiberkay »»
Mar 22, 10:06 AM

» Do Japanese men are really like this?

mufarari - Mar 8

13 by KayKimii »»
Mar 19, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.