Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2019 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shinra's involvement this episode was critical and a game change to help Tamaki. If he didn't come, I can't imagine what would happen to Tamaki and those kids. That fight was kinda humorous though.

A lot of psychology this episode but they managed to capture the thrill of it.
Stark700Sep 6, 2019 10:46 AM
Sep 6, 2019 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
Finally a damn badass episode through and through! That fight was amazing! The fight animation in this series is really its main selling point. Shinra's strong af.
Feels like we almost got cloee to a bigger reveal, glad it didnt got revealed that fast.
That being said if I had something to complain about its the weird ass fanservice in the middle of that high tension fight, Im fine with fanservice, rather I love it but couldnt it have wait till after the fight lol.

That post credit scene! missed the fck out of Maki and Iris! WTF was Arthur doing? Looked like he was in his own chuuni imagination world again.

Overall solid ep at long last!
Sep 6, 2019 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode. Rekka was a strong opponent for Shinra but he was able to defeat him. We got some reveal about the group Rekka was part of.

Some nice Tamaki fanservice in this episode.

Sep 6, 2019 11:26 AM
Sep 2015
Arthur at the end, not sure if it's just a joke or he's serious about this LOL.

I think the fundamental problem is the character setting, it's very bugging me that someone like Rekka is very evil. Though it's already written in manga and anime team has no right to change this.

Talking about anime team, they're doing an impossible job. Most characters have fire-based skill unlike other anime that has other element like water, air, etc. so anime team has to create a distinction between each fire effect, and has to do it in a way that not offend recent real world fire incident.
Sep 6, 2019 11:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The teamwork shown by the three LT's back then sure was impressive. Its no wonder Tamaki idolised Rekka that much. Wonder how long he's been turning children into incarnates though. Even in combat guess Tamaki can't get away from her misfortune huh. Still the fight against Rekka really was impressive. Shinra's mobility and strength sure managed to overcome Rekka's power based ability quite well. Seems that the evangalist see's the incarnates as being the true children of the flames. Still while Karim's intervention was timely in stopping Rekka it also introduced quite the dangerous new element into play. An archer that uses flame bows huh interesting. Overall quite the interesting ep that showed that while Rekka was an enemy also showed just deep and disturbing his patron's beliefs were. At the same time the intro of the white clad folks while introducing a new faction into the series also served to make members of the 1st realise that beyond their areas trouble may be brewing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2019 11:52 AM

Oct 2017
Watching Shinra beating up Rekka felt so damn nice. Also Tamaki fanservices r always appreciated.
Sep 6, 2019 11:53 AM

Sep 2014
The fight was pretty good. Really liked it and we got more info though Rekka was killed before further interrogation. If only we didn't have those forced dumb fanservice moments... at this point I really should have expected this every time Tamaki is onscreen.
Sep 6, 2019 12:12 PM

Feb 2011
Oh would you look at that. The stupid, useless character whose sole purpose in the show is to be a tool for fanservice is being used for fanservice even during fight scenes, leading to anticlimactic disruptions of the fight

https://i.imgur.com/MLX23BS.png
https://i.imgur.com/DK6nAT1.png
https://i.imgur.com/3H0lUGN.png
Sep 6, 2019 1:14 PM
Sep 2018
It was a good episode but WHERE THE HECK IS ARTHUR?!
Sep 6, 2019 1:23 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I know I'm in minority here, but Arthur's absence was a big plus for me. Don't have to hear his campy, over the top voice.

The animation during the fight and the effects they do with the fire are superb. Love them. The fanservice is sometimes a bit too distracting (although I must admit that Tamaki is damn fine). They could just wait for more appropiate moments for her to end up on MC's lap
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 6, 2019 1:23 PM

May 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
Oh would you look at that. The stupid, useless character whose sole purpose in the show is to be a tool for fanservice is being used for fanservice even during fight scenes, leading to anticlimactic disruptions of the fight

Whats the problem with fan service ? i like Tamaki exactly for this reason.
Sep 6, 2019 1:24 PM

Apr 2014
Fanservice during the fight? amazing, was definitely necessary..
Thank God Arthur is gone.
Sep 6, 2019 1:28 PM

Feb 2011
Rider9530 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Well at this point I've made peace with the idea that fan service is going to happen whenever she appears on the screen. Either way I am fine with fan service as long as it's not oddly placed within the episode, which is almost always the case for Fire Force.
Sep 6, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
Rider9530 said:

Well at this point I've made peace with the idea that fan service is going to happen whenever she appears on the screen. Either way I am fine with fan service as long as it's not oddly placed within the episode, which is almost always the case for Fire Force.

Just so you know the author didn't want to do it when he started the manga but the fairy tail author said to him that it will help his manga a lot, so i guess you can blame the fairy tail author for the random fan service.
Sep 6, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2015
I'm just trying imagine how sadistically Stain would kill Shinra considering how hollow his idea of a hero is and how often and how he screams about heroes. I can only imagine how much Stain would loathe him.
Sep 6, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2011
Rider9530 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Just so you know the author didn't want to do it when he started the manga but the fairy tail author said to him that it will help his manga a lot, so i guess you can blame the fairy tail author for the random fan service.

Or I can just blame him for listening to dumb advice. Why would you ever let someone dictate your own work ?
Sep 6, 2019 1:35 PM
Feb 2019
Rider9530 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Lol the fairy tail author is trash
♬ Tell me why Tell why Tell me what u want♬
Sep 6, 2019 1:40 PM

Nov 2016
Ok, first time where I thought the fanservice was totally out of place, but I won't complain :P

Fight and plot progress were really good. Looking forward to see more of this Evangelist cult. And Tamaki finally "joined" the 8th.

R.i.p. Rekka

You were truly an insane bastard.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 6, 2019 1:41 PM

May 2018
Hatsuyuki said:
Rider9530 said:

Or I can just blame him for listening to dumb advice. Why would you ever let someone dictate your own work ?

I don't really know maybe the fairy tail author gave him the idea and he thought it was a good idea?
Sep 6, 2019 1:42 PM

May 2018
Mango-man-dangO said:
Rider9530 said:

Yes he is but im pretty sure those 2 are friends so he gave him the advice.
Sep 6, 2019 1:43 PM

Jun 2015
The stupid fanservice is ruining the show. It needs to stop.
Sep 6, 2019 1:52 PM

Apr 2016
Another alliance in this episode, in this case with the first brigade. At the opening I knew that Tamaki would join the eighth brigade, so it didn't surprise me but I think it’s fine. Nice episode.
Sep 6, 2019 1:57 PM
Jan 2016
Another masterful episode! Obvious Rekka would not die with Shinra's first blow, the animations was so wonderfull and satisfying to watch, damn Shinra was able to defeat Rekka with his awesome strategi and her fantastic moves!

Tamaki fanservice at middle of tension, but she is really cute, for sure, and she sure is hot with her cat form and scrap clothes! And she was too cute asking Shinra to defeat Rekka!

So Rekka was an evangelist, we almost learn what is their objective, the other evangelist sniper was kinda strong!

So now Tamaki is in 8th company, hope she stay there, Shinra dont ask her phone number for other, comon, she would give her phone number easy if it was for Shinra!

where the hell is Arthus, that pos credit expression made me think a lot, i wonder if he is a evangelist, or if i am overthinking!
Sep 6, 2019 2:02 PM
Mar 2018
I'm in the camp that the fan service, more than unnecessary (which it usually is but can be harmless or fun), was entirely disruptive to the fight scene and took me out completely. This show is on the edge of me dropping it. Not solely because of this issue, that would be a bit overblown.

I know it's going to continue to be like this, but it's a fight about how long does my curiosity to discover Kusakabe's past make up for the worse aspects of the show. But we're in tread lightly territory, which is a shame.
Sep 6, 2019 2:27 PM
Apr 2016
Welp folks, it was good when it lasted. This was the worst serious fight in the history of worst serious fights. Even Gintama knew when to respect proper storytelling. What do we have here though? They re-used the ending clip from the previous episode, making sure the dramatic effect is as recycled as possible. Pitiful, as if they don't care for the integrity of their work. Then, several times the fight regressed into jokes. Right after and before talking about children genocide. Well done thrashing on the basis of drama/comedy ratio there, without trying this effect would have not been achieved. It is as if the author (or producers, whoever has their little yellow fingers in this mess) is merely chasing after originality, without concerns of what the story becomes, overall. This critique/rant/confession could go on for an hour, but it seems viewing this series weekly is already enough an honour from me. Stay safe people. Remember the quality.
Rider9530 said:
Mango-man-dangO said:

Yes he is but im pretty sure those 2 are friends so he gave him the advice.

HA-HA THOSE IMBECILES I AM NOT CRYING ANYMORE THIS IS INSANE
Re:formed
Sep 6, 2019 2:37 PM

May 2015
Oh would you look at that, people are still whining about fanservice.

Sep 6, 2019 2:40 PM

Aug 2018
Farabeuf said:
I know I'm in minority here, but Arthur's absence was a big plus for me. Don't have to hear his campy, over the top voice.

The animation during the fight and the effects they do with the fire are superb. Love them. The fanservice is sometimes a bit too distracting (although I must admit that Tamaki is damn fine). They could just wait for more appropiate moments for her to end up on MC's lap

Second this. I hope Arthur stays out of the series for as long as possible. He's absolutely obnoxious and chuuni in the most serious line of work within the show. Shinra's aim to be a hero of the Special Fire Force is respectable, but Arthur just seems childish all the time when spouting his knight nonsense.
Sep 6, 2019 2:46 PM
Oct 2016
In the middle of a tense fight the protagonist goes there and falls on the girl's breasts? 😂😂

Not that I'm complaining because the fight with this little villain was good.

But it is also difficult to defend this anime, it was not necessary at this timetime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2019 2:47 PM

Aug 2014
MonkeyDHunter said:
The fight was pretty good. Really liked it and we got more info though Rekka was killed before further interrogation. If only we didn't have those forced dumb fanservice moments... at this point I really should have expected this every time Tamaki is onscreen.

THANK YOU!

I was beginning to think I'm crazy and the only human in a world of mindless sheep, or bots. Every one before you was saying "nice ep! nice action! nice fanservice!
I don't usually mind fanservice, even when it's slightly out of place, but this episode is among the worst examples I've ever seen. It's like a school example of how NOT to use it. In the crucial points of action or drama, *WHOOSH* have some comedic accidental trip and boobgrab. Except it's not funny at all. It's just cringy and really disrupting, the timing is completely off.
It's so extremely out of place and ruins the immersion and the flow of the show.
Sep 6, 2019 2:54 PM

May 2016
The Tamaki fanservice was really unnecessary, other than that it was a good episode
Sep 6, 2019 2:59 PM

Aug 2018
At Such an intense time that Tamaki fanservice was really really really unnecessary. Other than fight scenes was very good, story telling was great too!
Sep 6, 2019 3:02 PM
May 2013
the humor through fanservice is so low effort in this it is beyond unfunny and now going into insulting territory. the characters are already flanderized and the story's barely even gotten off the ground.
Sep 6, 2019 3:06 PM

Apr 2015
Àction and animation was really solid this episode, to be expected that Tamaki would have her fan-service moments too, eventho they felt way out of place, atleast let it happen after a fight and not during it. Well, atleast Shinra had a soft landing, so he could continue the fight... XD

A bit surprised Rekka was taken out, but I then realised he kept talking with "we" and "our", so after all it was to be expected he got eliminated by the others, to keep the truth hidden.

Edit: Where the hell did Arthur end up?
CeddyyBearrSep 6, 2019 3:10 PM
Sep 6, 2019 3:14 PM

Aug 2018
CeddyyBearr said:
Àction and animation was really solid this episode, to be expected that Tamaki would have her fan-service moments too, eventho they felt way out of place, atleast let it happen after a fight and not during it. Well, atleast Shinra had a soft landing, so he could continue the fight... XD

A bit surprised Rekka was taken out, but I then realised he kept talking with "we" and "our", so after all it was to be expected he got eliminated by the others, to keep the truth hidden.

Yes i am so curious about that too.
Sep 6, 2019 3:15 PM
Mar 2014
The story is finally picking up, now that they discovered the Evangelist are behind this.
Sep 6, 2019 3:16 PM

Jun 2013
rtil said:
the characters are already flanderized and the story's barely even gotten off the ground.

Of course, this is a long running series so the story isn't going to come quickly or all at once. I think it's fine considering each episode has a new plot development or world-building. I'm also interested to see if the flanderization process can go in reverse. Since characters started as a single trait, I'm expecting them to become more complex over time. Like, why is Arthur obsessed with being a knight in modern times?
Sep 6, 2019 3:16 PM
Mar 2019
Episode was fire and all, but can anyone explain where Arthur was

Did he find a hidden base or did he just grin due to his stupidity?
Sep 6, 2019 3:17 PM
May 2013
Weapon_Master said:
rtil said:
the characters are already flanderized and the story's barely even gotten off the ground.

Of course, this is a long running series so the story isn't going to come quickly or all at once. I think it's fine considering each episode has a new plot development or world-building. I'm also interested to see if the flanderization process can go in reverse. Since characters started as a single trait, I'm expecting them to become more complex over time. Like, why is Arthur obsessed with being a knight in modern times?

for the same reason every character has their quirk - the author thinks it's funny.

i suspect their comedic quirks will be run into the ground (if they haven't already)
Sep 6, 2019 3:18 PM

Jun 2013
Anonim-kun said:
CeddyyBearr said:

Yes i am so curious about that too.

I probably found that way funnier than I should have. Of course Arthur is too proud to ask for directions.
Sep 6, 2019 3:20 PM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Had some great action & more story reveals. Turning a planet into another Sun? Why do religious groups never understand science. Still a nice way to tie in the main character’s personal stakes. What’s gonna happen with Tak? Hope we see him as a Fire Solider. As for the fan service, her whole character is fan service. That’s why Tamaki is there! Her powers are barely useful and she can’t exactly fight well. No real goals or backstory at this point. Not sure why everyone is surprised.

phantomfandom said:
Arthur at the end, not sure if it's just a joke or he's serious about this LOL.

I think the fundamental problem is the character setting, it's very bugging me that someone like Rekka is very evil. Though it's already written in manga and anime team has no right to change this.

Yeah Arthur’s a whole new kind of stupid and I love it. As for Rekka, I thought what they did with him was on purpose. His traits mirror a generic hero protagonist. Thus the series subverted our expectations by making him a villain. I personally liked it because that “never give up” attitude can be applied to “evil” just as much as “good”. Blind idealism is dangerous. Figured it was to either foil Shinra’s idealism or act as a warning/foreshadowing for him.
Sep 6, 2019 3:31 PM

Aug 2014
Hatsuyuki said:
Rider9530 said:

Sure you're free to blame him, or whoever you want for that matter.
You're also free to blame the anime fanbase. It's not up to the creators what sells well, it's up to the consumers
All the creator's try to (or are presuaded to or forced to try to) make works that sell.

Sex sells. Fanservice sells. Awkward, disrupting, misplaced fanservice.. ? No idea.

Anyway it's not all on the author. Blame anime fandom.
Sep 6, 2019 3:32 PM

Jul 2014
I was so immersed in the fight that I actually forgot about her lucky lecher thing. That really got a good laugh out of me... He even took off her skirt lol.

And now she's half naked... damn.

Girl, just get out of there xD.

Nice shots.

Eat stars, motherfucker!

Nice, now she's with the 8th. She's so cute!... God dammit, Shinra, you had to screw it up.

Oh boy, it's started.

Holy crap! Arthur just got isekaid.

Pretty cool episode.
Sep 6, 2019 4:13 PM

Jul 2019

Arthur pulled a Zoro yikes

Sep 6, 2019 4:23 PM

Jul 2019
okay comon that fanservice was just trash. i dont even mind that happening, but right then totally ruined the mood
Sep 6, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Rider9530 said:

Because sometimes it can be good advice. The best example is Dragon Ball Z, Toriyama wanted to end Android Saga on Android 19 and 20 but his Editor told him that it's not enough, so he added Android 17 and 18, but still for his editor it wasn't enough so Toriyama created Cell and in my opinion Cell saga is the best part of DBZ.

and from mangaka perspective Mashima's advice was good because his manga is still thriving even after story become worse and worst with every next arc. the best example of his advice is comparison between Fairy Tail and Bleach.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Sep 6, 2019 4:48 PM

Mar 2016
This episode just.....ugh, idk anymore.
Chunky animation scattered throughout. Randomass fanservice in what was supposed to be a more seriously toned moment. Anticlimactic defeat of the disposable.
At least the fight was rather amusing.

Sep 6, 2019 4:50 PM

Jun 2015
I don't know how but they managed to screw up what they had with last episode's ending. Of course the fight was not gonna end there, but the 'emotional' thing with Tamaki was totally ruined by the pointless fanservice. Really, slapstick fanservice during a fight? Who was the mastermind behind this?

The fight itself was nice, I liked the appearance of the guys from the 1st and the hitman squad, but that was it. Just one half competent fight episode tossed in the middle of this mess of a story.

And at the end, that thing with Arthur where he's supposedly missing in action and they barely mention it, as if it's no big deal. What's up with that? The slapstick is more important than the plot, apparently. I was expecting it to be some sort of joke, but it seems not.

I'm not even gonna go into plot holes this time cause I just don't care anymore. Seeing how the author doesn't treat his own story seriously, why should I? I had already decided to drop this show. Last episode redeemed it a little, but this one was the nail in the coffin. Can't say I'll miss it. My final score is 7. Enjoyable for the fights, if you can just turn your brain off.
AnotherGuySep 6, 2019 4:59 PM
Sep 6, 2019 4:51 PM

Mar 2018
This episode was fine, action was great and for once It didn't feel like the story progressed too fast, that was my main problem with last ep. A mistery barely gets introduced and is immediatly solved.

Also there was absolutly no emotionnal attachment to Tamaki prior to her rescuing, usually it's the kind of scene that make me cheer, but when I tried to remember what we know about her so far, all that came to mind was her god awful fanservice moment, and it was even worse this ep. This is a great example of "How to kill the mood of your scene".

It just goes too fast, you need to give your character a bit of relatable relationship before putting them in crysis.

I'm really sensitive to hype moment with great animation, MHA is not among my favorite for no reason, but it needs proper built-up, and a real emotionnal stake.
Sep 6, 2019 5:21 PM

Feb 2017
what an idiotic episode

putting the fight between rekka and shinra aside, tamaki was so useless this episode that it literally pained me. she sits there doing nothing just watching the fight and crying, and then is used as fanservice for NO REASON whatsoever. i want to see the fight. i dont need this cringey fanservice shit in the middle of a serious fight. is tamaki being reduced to the damsel in distress/"useless weak female" character? so idiotic i lost brain cells watching this episode

i know obviously the fight was the main focus but honestly tamaki's uselessness was what stood out to me, more than the fight itself

placeholder text
Sep 6, 2019 5:25 PM

Aug 2018
So basically the Templars or their equivalent are connected to the bad side. And Arthur is now on Tatooine to become a Jedi (I might be crazy but his 10 seconds scene really made me think about a Jedi like Obi-Wan Kenobi).

Anyway, the episode was not bad, the fight betwee, Rekka & Shinra was explosive and I was positively surprised to discover the 2 assassins who put him down.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

151 by SenseiSempai-san »»
28 seconds ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2019

177 by SenseiSempai-san »»
34 minutes ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2019

222 by SenseiSempai-san »»
59 minutes ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

244 by SenseiSempai-san »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

387 by SenseiSempai-san »»
4 hours ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.