Forum Settings
Forums

Name the anime that doesn't deserve all hatred it's gets

New
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2019 4:25 PM

Sep 2014
Gundam G-Reco

People being sheep at its finest. I've seen people calling it garbage and 'worst gundam' without even seeing it. Not giving it a chance.

Not a masterpiece by any means, but it's at least solid, has a likable cast and looks gorgeous, colour palette and character designs are top-notch. The story is very mellow for a gundam show and I could understand some finding it boring, but it has some of the lowest ratings out there. Honestly baffling.
I found the show better and more entertaining than all the Build series, Seed, Age and even G fighter.
Jun 21, 2019 4:41 PM

Dec 2016
Dragon Ball GT, Fairy Tail, Psycho-Pass 2 and Haruhi 2009 come to mind.
Jun 21, 2019 4:44 PM

Dec 2016
Nurguburu said:
Sword Art Online is not bad as everyone told me. Bad shows are for example One Punch Man, Erased or Violet Evergarden.

Thanks 4 this comment, while I don't think SAO is good, to me it's not as bad as all those three shows you mention, all three of them massively overrated. Erased in particular is a complete joke
Jun 21, 2019 4:46 PM

Feb 2019
Sword art online, Sure it Isn't AOTY material & Don't get me wrong, it's far from perfect, but for me, it fills the perfect void of "I want to watch something but I don't want to think too much."

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 21, 2019 4:46 PM

Jul 2015
I'm not sure if it's popular enough, but defenitely Eromanga Sensei.
Maybe it's getting hate, because it's another harem from A-1.

Jun 21, 2019 4:48 PM
Jul 2018
Any of the mainstream shonen anime I like such as One Piece, MHA and Seven Deadly Sins. I would also put Code Geass and Haruhi Suzumiya as well.
Jun 21, 2019 4:49 PM

Jan 2016
I'll stand up for Erased. I don't think it's a masterpiece and that ending is definitely not good, but I think it is a decent thriller that's fun to watch and has some great character moments.

Oh, and Bunny Girl Senpai recently has gotten a lot of backlash, and while I can agree it's not necessarily as deep or complex as other similar shows, I think it holds up quite well as a series of character stories that are relatable and satisfying and a decent through line with the cast. Although I'm not about to defend the quantum physics BS.....

And I know neither are exactly despised, both have pretty high ratings all things considered, but I feel like in forums and such, they're generally more attacked and I don't think they're as bad as people like to make them out to be.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jun 21, 2019 5:24 PM

Oct 2008
In my humble opinion.

School Days - does not
Hellsing tv - does deserve

Btoom - does not
Guilty Crown - does not
Berserk 2016 - does deserve
Shingetsutan Tsukihime - does deserve
Jun 21, 2019 5:28 PM
Dec 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:
I recently finished watching both seasons of Asterisk War and it was actually pretty good.

It suffered from poor character introductions early on, but became more compelling as more meat of the story started happening.

I’ve watched chivalry of a failed knight and everyone has said asterisk just pales in comparison. However I really liked chivalry so might give it a shot if it’s as good as you say
Jun 21, 2019 5:32 PM
Jul 2018
Jus1294 said:
Aldnox said:
School Days is a deconstruction of harem and romance and the reason people hate it is because it did a good job at deconstructing harem and romance, genres people are very attached to.

Or they hate it because the characters are detestable in every way. The deconstruction part hardly matters when people's claim to hatred towards it is almost always over the series characters, especially the MC.
The fact people hate Makoto so much is further proof that the anime did a good job at doing what it wanted to do.

Want to add to the original topic: Every single mecha, mahou shoujo, and idol anime. I'm so tired of people hating these genres without having watched a single show from them.
Jun 21, 2019 5:33 PM

Apr 2008
I totally agree with a previous post: Aldnoah Zero. It's fun IMO. The main character though....takes the fun out of sometimes.
Jun 21, 2019 5:46 PM
Oct 2018
Might get roasted for this but here it goes......

Boruto and Black Clover are pretty good and don't deserve all the hate.

I will admit they both start out bad....but later on through time and good arcs they improve immensely.
Jun 21, 2019 6:04 PM

Jul 2017
There's a small, loud corner of the anime community that still insists Yuri! on ICE isn't good and is simply fujo bait but they're wrong.
Jun 21, 2019 6:39 PM

Sep 2010
Gundam AGE sure I agree its not the best Gundam series, but to judge it based on character design saying its for little kids without giving it a shot is just dumb. It made me laugh when someone said that with a My Little Pony icon and profile theme. xD

Shield Hero its generic, but fun and a good time killer

OPM season 2 I see hate for it everywhere, but it still has the same comedy/action series that I liked the first time around.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These sure I was on the hate wagon at first, but as the series went on I found it not that bad honestly and I can't wait to see how they spin the events that happened in the novels this time around and how much it differs from the original OVAs. I still do hate some of the character designs though like for Reinhard and Siegfried cause they just feel a little too generic.

Cross Ange its gets so damn good after the first 3 episodes guys. Dx

"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jun 21, 2019 7:10 PM
Jun 2019
Nurguburu said:
Sword Art Online is not bad as everyone told me. Bad shows are for example One Punch Man, Erased or Violet Evergarden.

Did you really find Violet Evergarden bad? I havent finished it but I think that anime have one of the best animations of all anime's I have seen. The story is not bad as well. I really cant see why you didnt enjoy it.
Jun 21, 2019 7:15 PM

Apr 2015
deg said:
all 3DCG anime really and add the usual suspect that is the mecha genre

Seconding this, so many people just seem to hate these two just to do it.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jun 21, 2019 7:36 PM

Apr 2019
Maybe...Stein;Gate 0 and Evangelion(?)
Jun 21, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2018
Tenshi no Drop, if u kno what that shit is
. . .
Jun 21, 2019 7:41 PM

May 2018
One Punch Man season 2. Animation not as good as season 1 but still better than most other anime.
Jun 21, 2019 7:59 PM

Nov 2017
As far as minute long poop jokes go, Shitcom was pretty good.
Jun 21, 2019 8:00 PM

Aug 2009
Boku no Pico. 'Cause it's just shota.

Don't like, don't watch.

Jun 21, 2019 8:06 PM

Mar 2018
I'm not sure, half of the anime on my list is stuff I've seen years ago before I took notice of the anime community. I'll just pick random anime I've seen a lot of people shit on

Charlotte
Black Bullet
Ajin
God Eater

Tbh it's been so long since I've seen these and I doubt that I would even get past the first half if I watched them now, Ajin aside which I think is actually pretty good. Satou is just too badass, very entertaining villain, and the story of certain humans getting discriminated against for not being able to die is memorable

I do believe FT and SAO deserve the hate, they become laughable after a while and I couldn't continue them out of boredom, repetitive garbage imo
poop
Jun 21, 2019 8:08 PM

May 2009
W123 said:
GlennMagusHarvey said:
I recently finished watching both seasons of Asterisk War and it was actually pretty good.

It suffered from poor character introductions early on, but became more compelling as more meat of the story started happening.

I’ve watched chivalry of a failed knight and everyone has said asterisk just pales in comparison. However I really liked chivalry so might give it a shot if it’s as good as you say
I watched both, and I actually prefer Asterisk War.

Asterisk War's characters didn't annoy me quite as much as Chivalry's did, and Chivalry also had a much less consistent sense of tone/aesthetic compared to Asterisk War. Chivalry framed itself much more seriously with its choice of OP/ED but had a focus on very awkwardly silly harem antics at least early on, to an even greater degree than Asterisk War.

Credit where credit's due, Chivalry did have an extremely impressive fight scene with Shizuku. I say this as a person who isn't generally impressed with anime fight scenes. And in general after Shizuku stopped being annoying she did become a lot more appreciable, particularly in her more serious moments.

But overall I felt Asterisk had generally more likeable characters as I became fond of them, as well as more interesting combat mechanics. On top of that, since it went on longer, I was able to both feel more fond of the characters and see more of the setting, and the more I saw of the setting the more a lot of things that people who criticize the series might find questionable (such as Julis's very negative characterization of politics early in season 1) made sense.

I think I'm in the minority in feeling that Asterisk War is the better show. I can see how people would regard it as more "generic", as Chivalry is arguably more interesting visually, particularly in its OP, but if anything I think the "genericness" actually gave it a leg up because it felt more cohesive in what it did.

Also Rasmus Faber's music is awesome.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 21, 2019 9:44 PM
Nov 2015
Phantumix said:
Black_Sheep97 said:
Mha
Naruto
One piece
Attack on titan
Goblin slayer
Oriegaru
Lucky star
Yu Yu Hakusho the last part

Yes I'm kinda salty at your list but where's High Guardian Spice?
why you salty at my list ? And ive never heard of high gaurdian spice
Jun 21, 2019 9:45 PM
Nov 2015
Roloko said:
Gundam AGE sure I agree its not the best Gundam series, but to judge it based on character design saying its for little kids without giving it a shot is just dumb. It made me laugh when someone said that with a My Little Pony icon and profile theme. xD

Shield Hero its generic, but fun and a good time killer

OPM season 2 I see hate for it everywhere, but it still has the same comedy/action series that I liked the first time around.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These sure I was on the hate wagon at first, but as the series went on I found it not that bad honestly and I can't wait to see how they spin the events that happened in the novels this time around and how much it differs from the original OVAs. I still do hate some of the character designs though like for Reinhard and Siegfried cause they just feel a little too generic.

Cross Ange its gets so damn good after the first 3 episodes guys. Dx

shield is decent but hardly generic though
Jun 21, 2019 10:25 PM

Jun 2016
I actually thought the second season of Gunslinger Girl was better than the first.
I've heard some hate on Strike Witches before but I really enjoyed it.
Kemono Friends 2 was good, but I agree the first one was better.
Also others that were already mentioned like Elfen Lied, Goblin Slayer, and Lucky Star.
Jun 21, 2019 10:46 PM
May 2018
Boruto even his manga is good people him if studio perriot wait for 3-4 years to produce then they have no problem but they use name of naruto franchise and earn money then everybody complain for making fillers
Jun 22, 2019 12:00 AM
Jun 2016
School Days is a popular anime that has a lot of hate for some reason, I personally think it was amazing

Jun 22, 2019 12:22 AM

Sep 2018
Aku no hana. Many people shit on it coz of the very unique art-style and character designs. But I believe they actually helped set the tone for the show. Yes it is uncomfortable to watch but that is the intention behind it. I really loved how the show created a sense of paranoia, each ep had me at the edge of my seat.
Also I think Elfen lied gets a bit too much hate. Not saying its a good show like aku no hana is but it aint that bad.
Jun 22, 2019 12:55 AM

Jun 2017
Fairy Tail. A dumb fun show that others taken it seriously.
Jun 22, 2019 2:29 AM

Nov 2014
Timz0r said:
Elfen Lied for sure. I remember in the beginning years it was very praised. Now if you even mention it's one of your favorites you get flamed for no real reason. Sure, it has some flaws for sure, but youngsters these days probably doesn't even understood the message.
tookawaiii said:
elfen lied
future diary and mawaru penguindrum (i seriously cant comprehend all the hatred behind these two lmao they are?)
ajin

but again,a lot of the times (apart from people who actually just have preferences etc) people will just shit on good anime to seem either edgy or that they are better/superior,or both.

Wait, Mawaru Penguindrum gets hate? Why?
Catalano said:
Elfen Lied, I don't know why but a lot of watchers are screaming: edgy! when they see a killing scene or some characters crying, just take it as it is and follow the plot and the characters motivations. And when I was little, I saw a dog and some cats too getting killed by some kids, it's not like it doesn't happen in real life. But no! edgy, edgy edgy. And if it's edgy, why does it matter? just drop it and go watch Sansha Sanyou.

THANK YOOOOOUUUUUUUUU

Also i'll ad Kabaneri and Blood-C to the list of "It's not that bad, guys". And Concrete Revolutio should get more praise. And stop calling Ergo Proxy pretentiuos.

God, that felt good.
Jun 22, 2019 2:33 AM

Oct 2016
Attack on titan season 3
IMO it is the best season (I haven't watched part 2 yet) but many have it as the most hated season of AOT
If you try to find out who or what I am all that's waiting for you is despair
Jun 22, 2019 2:35 AM

Jun 2015
School Days. People keep talking shit about how bad it i but it' such a perfect example of why Harem don't work in real life. Also the ending was fucking glorious. I don't care what anyone says.
Read Toriko!
Jun 22, 2019 2:35 AM

Oct 2016
GlennMagusHarvey said:
W123 said:

Asterisk War's characters didn't annoy me quite as much as Chivalry's did, and Chivalry also had a much less consistent sense of tone/aesthetic compared to Asterisk War. Chivalry framed itself much more seriously with its choice of OP/ED but had a focus on very awkwardly silly harem antics at least early on, to an even greater degree than Asterisk War.

Credit where credit's due, Chivalry did have an extremely impressive fight scene with Shizuku. I say this as a person who isn't generally impressed with anime fight scenes. And in general after Shizuku stopped being annoying she did become a lot more appreciable, particularly in her more serious moments.

But overall I felt Asterisk had generally more likeable characters as I became fond of them, as well as more interesting combat mechanics. On top of that, since it went on longer, I was able to both feel more fond of the characters and see more of the setting, and the more I saw of the setting the more a lot of things that people who criticize the series might find questionable (such as Julis's very negative characterization of politics early in season 1) made sense.

I think I'm in the minority in feeling that Asterisk War is the better show. I can see how people would regard it as more "generic", as Chivalry is arguably more interesting visually, particularly in its OP, but if anything I think the "genericness" actually gave it a leg up because it felt more cohesive in what it did.

I have not watched asterisk yet except some sample videos but Chivalry sucks I can't watch it further after 2 episode. I think asterisk might prove to be better
Jun 22, 2019 2:39 AM

Oct 2016
MABfan11 said:
Re:Zero, it has a small, but very vocal hatedom
Most of hatred against Re: Zero is prejudiced, not to mention the user Veronin is a major driving force in this.
Jun 22, 2019 2:51 AM

Oct 2010
@BlancaXLobo and Ergo Proxy isn't even that pretentious, just follow the plot and the world building, you get few hints of this and that and by the final episode you will understand all the action and the characters' philosophies/motivations. Sure, we get some weird symbolism and bizarre monologues but we don't have to follow that. You can also watch Ergo Proxy only for that episode where Lil is in her panties :))
Jun 22, 2019 2:52 AM

Apr 2019
Guilty Crown and SAO gets a lot of hate pretty much

Jun 22, 2019 2:54 AM

Nov 2014
@Catalano that's the same with Utena.
Jun 22, 2019 2:59 AM

Oct 2010
@BlancaXLobo señor, you have great taste. Utena watchers are like: uh... they're lesbian and uh... he's gay but he bangs a girl too. Get over that!
Jun 22, 2019 3:48 AM
Dec 2015
GlennMagusHarvey said:
W123 said:

One thing that made me really enjoy chivalry were the fight scenes.
However the ecchi was really bad in my opinion. How does asterisk fights compare? And is the ecchi toned down ?
Jun 22, 2019 4:10 AM

Dec 2014
chriskor022 said:
As expected its SAO. And other is Fate Apocrypha its entertaining series, I dont know why it is hated. Liked the fights and characters.

desusama said:

SAO isn't just boring it hurts my brain with how the show breaks its own rules and the poorly written characters but if you enjoy it that's fine too.
its not boring you just hate the series.

Here's a wild idea, it might sound crazy but hear me out. It's almost as if we're two entirely different people with different ideas of what is and isn't boring

Also I have better things to do than sit around hating chinese cartoons.
Jun 22, 2019 4:22 AM

May 2018
Imaishi said:
Gundam G-Reco

People being sheep at its finest. I've seen people calling it garbage and 'worst gundam' without even seeing it. Not giving it a chance.

Not a masterpiece by any means, but it's at least solid, has a likable cast and looks gorgeous, colour palette and character designs are top-notch. The story is very mellow for a gundam show and I could understand some finding it boring, but it has some of the lowest ratings out there. Honestly baffling.
I found the show better and more entertaining than all the Build series, Seed, Age and even G fighter.

+1
And the plot which seems random at first lately begins to make sense.

I would make a case also about ZZ Gundam.
People tend to start accepting it somewhere from the middle of it but I like it from the beginning (except the first episode). Self-parody at its best.
I am currently watching L-Gaim and it's practically the same show but more chaotic and with trashier visuals.
I take ZZ as somehow refined incarnation of Juusenki L-Gaim.
Jun 22, 2019 4:27 AM
Dec 2017
Here's my list: Tokyo Ghoul, Fairy Tail, Mirai Nikki, Black Clover, One Punch Man Season 2, and Psycho Pass Season 2.

It's honestly so weird when people hate on these anime. There's hardly anything wrong with them but they're treated as such horrible shows. When talking about Tokyo Ghoul though, I mean as a WHOLE. The last season alone has some issues that really do effect the quality of the show but the entire anime isn't as bad as the last season.

Also, One Punch Man S2 is a bit different from S1. I can admit that. But how does it being a little different make it bad? In my opinion, season 2 is actually better than season 1 in some ways.

And the second season of Psycho Pass wasn't as good as the first season but it's not even bad. Season 1 is amazing while season 2 is just good. It's a downgrade but that doesn't automatically make it trash.

It's the same with generic anime... Even though it's generic, it can still be good. That's my defense for anime like Black Clover. Speaking of that...there's also Fairy Tail. It's not exactly the most original anime but it's fun to watch and the characters are likable. (And I also love the power of friendship. I don't care how unrealistic or preachy it is... It's just awesome to me and it's a part of Fairy Tail that I would honestly miss if it were taken out.)
Jun 22, 2019 4:31 AM

Nov 2014
alshu said:
Imaishi said:
Gundam G-Reco

+1
And the plot which seems random at first lately begins to make sense.

I would make a case also about ZZ Gundam.
People tend to start accepting it somewhere from the middle of it but I like it from the beginning (except the first episode). Self-parody at its best.
I am currently watching L-Gaim and it's practically the same show but more chaotic and with trashier visuals.
I take ZZ as somehow refined incarnation of Juusenki L-Gaim.
is it just me, or the Gundam franchise has too many black sheeps?
I mean, ZZ Gundam, Gundam G no Reconguista, SEED Destiny (and SEED by association)...
Jun 22, 2019 4:43 AM

Dec 2009
One Punch Man S2 - Ok, I get it the animation isnt as good as 1st season but the comedy and story still is. Its not that bad as people think it out to be.
Jun 22, 2019 4:46 AM
Apr 2016
Asaid1045 said:
Sword Art Online I guess, I don't think it's any more generic than the airing Shield Hero.

Sword Art Online isn't hated for being "generic," it's not generic at all since it's one of the first if not first "isekai" anime. It's bad in general, that's all.
Jun 22, 2019 4:55 AM
Apr 2016
Asaid1045 said:
2ego said:

Sword Art Online isn't hated for being "generic," it's not generic at all since it's one of the first if not first "isekai" anime. It's bad in general, that's all.

Ok, but I think its better than shield Hero which has a rating above an 8 and is seemingly well liked.

And there are Isekai from last century as well, Sword Art Onlime wasn't the first, I guess it just made it popular.

Both are bad, but I'd have to disagree, I'd say Sword Art Online is in fact, worse than Shield Hero.
Jun 22, 2019 4:58 AM

Aug 2018
Evangelion receives tons of hate because of Shinji and the ending. Well, you have a movie that goes along with TV's ending (which is perfect for me because it flawlessly ends and rebuiilds Shinji's character and way to be) and you have a main character that was constructed in the way to not be your average Goku / Naruto.

24 years of calling Shinji a pussy are enough to understand how sick Anime's fanbase is.
Jun 22, 2019 5:01 AM

Sep 2014
2ego said:
Asaid1045 said:
Sword Art Online I guess, I don't think it's any more generic than the airing Shield Hero.

It's not a first isekai and it's not even close, there is an isekai series 30 years older than SAO (Seisenshi Dunbine), and even for MMO there was .hack 10 years before SAO.

Jun 22, 2019 5:02 AM

Jul 2017
attack on titan: it went from overrated to underrated.
aku no hana: people judge it for the art but i think it really fit the story.
boogiepop wa warawanai: basicly only those who watched it weekly hate it, thats not how its supposed to be watched.
ssss.gridman: its not a bad anime, its just targetted to a specific neiche.

Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

27 by alshu »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - Apr 24

29 by vasipi4946 »»
6 minutes ago

» Is there hope for classic super robots?

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

5 by alshu »»
14 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

61 by Ricchan__ »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » hate watching ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 14

50 by alshu »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.