Forum Settings
Forums

Name the anime that doesn't deserve all hatred it's gets

New
Jun 21, 2019 12:49 PM

May 2017
Name the one popular anime you love to watch,but it's have tons of negative reviews,hate and your favorite characters are mocked because of stupid and trivial reasons.
There is no bad waifu,only bad anime.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2019 12:53 PM

May 2009
I recently finished watching both seasons of Asterisk War and it was actually pretty good.

It suffered from poor character introductions early on, but became more compelling as more meat of the story started happening.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jun 21, 2019 1:07 PM

Apr 2019
One Punch Man S2, the animation might not be as good as the first one but it's still OPM for me with the action, comedy, and story
Jun 21, 2019 1:13 PM

Jul 2016
Poputepipikku.
It wasn't an anime meant for a wider audience, but just for the niece fanbase behind the Pop Team Epic manga. As expected, the fan of the manga enjoyed it (I did too), while the casual watchers left with a bitter taste in their mouths.

Heh, stuff that happens.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Jun 21, 2019 1:15 PM

Sep 2018
Sword Art Online. The story is lacks realism, but realism is completely irrelevant to whether the show is entertaining or not. The worst a show can be is borring which I do not consider it borring.
Jun 21, 2019 1:16 PM

Jun 2014
RErideD.

It's not a masterpiece, but it's not bad by any means. It remained interesting the whole way through, and it had a decent ending as well.

Jun 21, 2019 1:21 PM

Dec 2012
Accel World
Aldnoah Zero
Berserk (2016/2017)
Asterisk War
Dances With the Dragons
Elfen Lied
Future Diary
In Another World With my Smartphone
The Irregular at Magic High School
Soul Link
Strike the Blood
Sword Art Online
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 21, 2019 1:26 PM
Oct 2018
Many people will say sao but just know that they're wrong. :>
--
Jun 21, 2019 1:41 PM
Nov 2015
Mha
Naruto
One piece
Attack on titan
Goblin slayer
Oriegaru
Lucky star
Yu Yu Hakusho the last part
Jun 21, 2019 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
School Days is a deconstruction of harem and romance and the reason people hate it is because it did a good job at deconstructing harem and romance, genres people are very attached to.
Jun 21, 2019 1:45 PM

Oct 2013
attack on titan, haters are everywhere.
Jun 21, 2019 1:47 PM

Jul 2017
Overlord S3. Yeah the CGI was absolute horseshit but it still had it's good moments

The Sacred Blacksmith - Afaik the main hate comes from finding the MC to be annoying, but I never really found her to be annoying at all (at the very least not annoying enough to hate the entire show)
Jun 21, 2019 1:52 PM

Jul 2016
The second season of Haruhi, specifically the Endless Eight arc. I like it, and no one's managed to stop me so far
Jun 21, 2019 1:55 PM
Jun 2016
Houseki no Kuni - people are always quick to write the show off because of the cgi, the all female cast, and some people even calling it a steven universe rip off just reading the synopsis, but my God the show is amazing and has some of the best character development I've seen in anime. Honestly they're only really hurting themselves by not giving it a chance.
Jun 21, 2019 1:58 PM

Jul 2016
Quantum-Tangent said:
Houseki no Kuni - people are always quick to write the show off because of the cgi, the all female cast, and some people even calling it a steven universe rip off just reading the synopsis, but my God the show is amazing and has some of the best character development I've seen in anime. Honestly they're only really hurting themselves by not giving it a chance.

THIS! THIS! THIS! I got done rewatching it a little bit ago and I still cry every time!

Aug 2017
Sword Art Online is not bad as everyone told me. Bad shows are for example One Punch Man, Erased or Violet Evergarden.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

Jan 2009
all 3DCG anime really and add the usual suspect that is the mecha genre
Jun 21, 2019 1:59 PM
Jun 2016
keragamming said:

I feel haters come with the territory when you're as mainstream as attack on titan or naruto.

Rowan_F said:
The second season of Haruhi, specifically the Endless Eight arc. I like it, and no one's managed to stop me so far

Now that's Alpha.
Jun 21, 2019 2:00 PM

Aug 2018
Aku no Hana (anime), Elfen Lied, Haruhi 2009, Highschool of the Dead.
Jun 21, 2019 2:04 PM

Aug 2018
Elfen Lied for sure. I remember in the beginning years it was very praised. Now if you even mention it's one of your favorites you get flamed for no real reason. Sure, it has some flaws for sure, but youngsters these days probably doesn't even understood the message.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Jun 21, 2019 2:06 PM

Sep 2017
elfen lied
future diary and mawaru penguindrum (i seriously cant comprehend all the hatred behind these two lmao they are?)
ajin

but again,a lot of the times (apart from people who actually just have preferences etc) people will just shit on good anime to seem either edgy or that they are better/superior,or both.

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Jun 21, 2019 2:10 PM

Jan 2017
Asterisk War
In Another World With my Smartphone (one of my favorite Light Novel series)
The Irregular at Magic High School
Island
Sword Art Online
Jun 21, 2019 2:19 PM

Apr 2017
Violet Evergarden, yes, that minimal amount of haters *cough* shit tasters *cough* is too much for me.

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Jun 21, 2019 2:19 PM

Dec 2017
Fairy Tail. I understand why, but it does what a good Shounen does and hypes you up for the fights. That's all I need fam. Also the female characters are much better written than most shounen females.
Jun 21, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
High School Fleet
It is compared to Girls und Panzer, but despite having the same script writer it is and should be different. In Panzer there was never the risk of getting injured and girls did not even wear helmets.
Fleet is more realistic in that regard since they use live ammunition, they are isolated at sea and it becomes more than just a game with no risk involved.
Despite selling quite well, it lacked the same promotion.

Quantum-Tangent said:

By female cast you mean the voice actors? Because characters there are gender less.
Jun 21, 2019 2:36 PM

Feb 2018
Gonna get hate for this...but Pupa.
Don't get me wrong, the show is very, very bad, but not 3.65 bad. It had some artistic merits to it, had some wtf moments that were done on purpose, and there's always entertaining stuff happening on the screen. Incest is a theme, sure, but just having a controversial theme doesn't mean it's automatically bad (though it was laughably entertaining).

Maybe give it like a 4.0X-4.9X, but it's not the most appalling thing to exist, esp when boku no pico has an entire 1.00+ score ahead of this show, and that OVA is just way more uncomfortable imo.
Jun 21, 2019 2:41 PM

Jul 2016
Skelter Heaven and Mars of Destruction :)

Yeah, flame me all you want, but they were very funny just like The Room.
Jun 21, 2019 2:42 PM
Jan 2017
Quantum-Tangent said:

It's not even an all female cast though. Aren't all the gems genderless?
Jun 21, 2019 2:43 PM
May 2017
Mahouka definitely doesn't deserve as much hate as it gets, but it's also by no means any good either. It's mediocrity incarnate, with an extreme Gary Stu protagonist (where the fanbase calls him Godsuya at this point), sis-con trash, and an unnecessarily complicated magic system that isn't even explained all that well. I'd say it's a guilty pleasure of mine, and deserves a 5-6 rather than the 1-3 score most would give it.

SAO Aincrad is good but everything beyond that is garbage. Even Kawahara knows it, which is why he returned to it with Progressive.

Fairy Tail was decent when it was building up hype for various concepts. However, Mashima didn't execute even remotely well on any of it. He's a good artist who can't write.

Asterisk War is complete trash. The only thing I have to say about this is that Cavalry did the exact same concept a billion times better and yet only had one season.
Jun 21, 2019 2:43 PM

Aug 2018
keragamming said:

Seconded.

Also Black Clover is incredibly bad.
But none of the reasons that tipical haters tend to name are an actual problem with the show.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Jun 21, 2019 2:45 PM

Oct 2010
Elfen Lied, I don't know why but a lot of watchers are screaming: edgy! when they see a killing scene or some characters crying, just take it as it is and follow the plot and the characters motivations. And when I was little, I saw a dog and some cats too getting killed by some kids, it's not like it doesn't happen in real life. But no! edgy, edgy edgy. And if it's edgy, why does it matter? just drop it and go watch Sansha Sanyou.
Jun 21, 2019 3:14 PM

Jul 2011
Dragon Ball GT gets a lot of hate but I thought it was okay.
Jun 21, 2019 3:19 PM
May 2017
Re:Zero, it has a small, but very vocal hatedom
MABfan11Jun 21, 2019 5:13 PM
Jun 21, 2019 3:22 PM

Feb 2010
Black rock shooter. Delivers a simple yet brilliant story. Saldy it got overhyped to be at the level of the next myazaki film. so people got salty when it didnt reach that level of expectation.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Jun 21, 2019 3:35 PM

Oct 2013
Tarotsu said:

Didn't think anyone else would come out and say this.
justaway_neo said:
One Punch Man S2, the animation might not be as good as the first one but it's still OPM for me with the action, comedy, and story

Completely agree with this.

And I've already stated multiple times how despite it's flaws I don't SAO is as bad people make it sound.
I've seen far worse than most of what's mentioned here.
FanofActionJun 21, 2019 3:44 PM
Jun 21, 2019 3:37 PM

Jan 2018
Aldnox said:
School Days is a deconstruction of harem and romance and the reason people hate it is because it did a good job at deconstructing harem and romance, genres people are very attached to.

Or they hate it because the characters are detestable in every way. The deconstruction part hardly matters when people's claim to hatred towards it is almost always over the series characters, especially the MC.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jun 21, 2019 3:40 PM

Jan 2018
AlucardNoYuuutsu said:
Aku no Hana (anime)

Seconded on that, I felt like the rotoscoping gave it it's own unique atmosphere.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jun 21, 2019 3:41 PM

Nov 2016
Almost all the anime that get a ridiculous amount of hate don't deserve it. But I love me some people who use disliking an anime for reason X as an excuse to shit on it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 21, 2019 3:43 PM
Aug 2018
Another.
People hate on it just because other people persuade the popular opinion new watchers, making them get into the show expecting trash.
Jun 21, 2019 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
Jus1294 said:
Aldnox said:

Or they hate it because the characters are detestable in every way. The deconstruction part hardly matters when people's claim to hatred towards it is almost always over the series characters, especially the MC.

The unlikable characters were integral in the deconstruction. I don't understand why you're acting like they're two seperate things. One could not have been done without the other and vice versa.
Jun 21, 2019 3:49 PM

Dec 2014
rohan121 said:
Sword Art Online. The story is lacks realism, but realism is completely irrelevant to whether the show is entertaining or not. The worst a show can be is borring which I do not consider it borring.

SAO isn't just boring it hurts my brain with how the show breaks its own rules and the poorly written characters but if you enjoy it that's fine too.

Big Order is the greatest comedy anime of our time, take a shot every time somebody says "Hoshimiya Eiji!"
Jun 21, 2019 3:57 PM
Jul 2018
Fate/stay night, by Studio Deen.
Way too many haters acting like it's one of the worst things ever made. It really isn't that bad.

While it's true that it probably has more weak points than strong, the soundtrack is absolutely beautiful and the overall atmosphere is on-point.

Lousy dialogue is pretty much par for the course with Fate, but if you just let yourself be absorbed by its world, it's still a great experience.
Jun 21, 2019 4:05 PM

Jan 2018
HungryForQuality said:
Jus1294 said:

The unlikable characters were integral in the deconstruction. I don't understand why you're acting like they're two seperate things. One could not have been done without the other and vice versa.

I'm not necessarily arguing the separation of the two's coexistence. Yes, it did its job as a deconstruction, but that "reality" factor isn't the main force of why there's a mass hatred for it. There's plenty of beloved series who deconstruct or simply parody genres and tropes and get nowhere near the amount of hate garnered as School Days does. In fact, the deconstruction aspect is the only consistently praised factor about it.

At the end of the day, most viewers who watch the medium go into it to be entertained and for most it did the exact opposite of that. So again, it's not the deconstruction angle why people time and time again talk poorly at it, it's the simple minded, disliked characters that the audience didn't enjoy.

Also on a somewhat related note: you can still have utterly despicable characters and a lot of people will still enjoy them. Hell, Light Yagami is a total scumbag and he's one of the most liked characters on MAL.
What a beautiful Duwang
Jun 21, 2019 4:13 PM

Apr 2019
petran79 said:
High School Fleet
It is compared to Girls und Panzer, but despite having the same script writer it is and should be different. In Panzer there was never the risk of getting injured and girls did not even wear helmets.
Fleet is more realistic in that regard since they use live ammunition, they are isolated at sea and it becomes more than just a game with no risk involved.
Despite selling quite well, it lacked the same promotion.

I've never seen any hate for it from GuP fans, but I do agree it's ridiculously underrated for how good it is.

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Jun 21, 2019 4:15 PM

May 2014
Jus1294 said:
Aldnox said:

Totally agree. I do think the manga is a lot better, but the anime is still extremely unique and nothing else i've seen gives me the same feeling. I would've liked to have seen more to be honest.

Rowan_F said:
Quantum-Tangent said:

THIS! THIS! THIS! I got done rewatching it a little bit ago and I still cry every time!

Houseki no Kuni doesn't really get any hate does it? Sure some people ignore it because it's cg, but they're not hating on it. At least to my knowledge.
Jun 21, 2019 4:17 PM

Aug 2018
Goblin Slayer , ofc there are a lot of people that like this show but it also gets a lot of hate

"I want to show that woman the true Yoshikage Kira. I want her to hear how I feel deep inside. That I want to take your slender neck into these hands and strangle you to death."

Jun 21, 2019 4:18 PM

Jul 2016
As expected its SAO. And other is Fate Apocrypha its entertaining series, I dont know why it is hated. Liked the fights and characters.

desusama said:
rohan121 said:

SAO isn't just boring it hurts my brain with how the show breaks its own rules and the poorly written characters but if you enjoy it that's fine too.
its not boring you just hate the series.

Jun 21, 2019 4:21 PM

May 2014
Kruszer said:
Accel World

Even thought it was overall okay, the main character is so annoying he deserves all the hate he gets
Jun 21, 2019 4:22 PM

May 2014
I would say most shoujo-ai (and also shounen-ai) anime, a lot of people don't give them a chance while some are really good. For example Yagate Kimi ni Naru was really great.
Jun 21, 2019 4:22 PM
Jul 2018
Tarotsu said:

The first 16 episodes of GT are better than all of Z and Super.
Then again, Z and Super suck balls, so that by itself isn't saying much.

But yes, they are quite good. Not "original DB" good, but still at a very acceptable level.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 3 hours ago

22 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 minute ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

58 by InsomniacBastard »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

81 by LostSpectre »»
13 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 44 minutes ago

11 by Otakupervert890 »»
14 minutes ago

» Which of your Character Favorites (profile) do you think are the least faithful/biggest potential cheaters?

IpreferEcchi - 38 minutes ago

3 by tchitchouan »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.