Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2019 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, I thought the verbal fight with the cake is hilarious. That attempt to feed other is also priceless especially when Chika interrupted. What a moment.

Also got another chapter about love advice but from two different fronts with Shirogane and Kaguya. Heh, Kaguya's cute little ways of trying to express herself is amusing. Summer vacation planning begins!

Mar 16, 2019 9:30 AM

Dec 2017
heh, they're still going on about that bed thing. Chika ruining the cake scene, as always. and Summer Festival without Chika? sign me up
btw, really like how the narrator went all out with that "NO! NO! NO! NO!" lmao

Mortal Kombat theme playing

uninstallthegameMar 16, 2019 9:33 AM
Mar 16, 2019 9:30 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

The first two segments were so damn adorable, those Kaguya blushes give me life. <3
The part where she touched Miyuki's lips was so cute, doki-doki. xDD

Kaguya has realized that there's no winning with Chika but Ishigami ain't gonna take things lying down, I absolutely love how hetold off Chika at the end of the third segment, that was hilarious. XD

Summer vacation sounds great, can't wait.
Mar 16, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2013
Another fun episode.

The cake scene was hilarious. It took them more than an hour.

Loved the third segment.

Mar 16, 2019 9:38 AM

Sep 2011
The anime staff has proven them self time and time again with this adaption, but I'm still anxious on how they are going to handle these next 2 weeks especially with the overhyping of it by manga peeps which I am not innocent of either. I still don't buy this getting a 2nd season so at the very least if this can end on a great note then i will at least be mostly satisfied.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 16, 2019 9:41 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode. The first part is the cake scene and its hilarious cuz they fighting whos gonna eat the cake. Ishigami is scared, that hes gonna need help from Chika. And then eat both the cake like a boss. The second part is continuation from last episode about the sick visit. Kaguya and Shirogane getting some advice from Ishigami and Kashiwagi. With the wholesome ending and they reconcile each other. The third part is about the summer planning with some funny moments and foreshadowing for future events. Overall its more a serious episode with some hilarious scenes. And the Kaguya x Shirogane this episode is cute.

Mar 16, 2019 9:41 AM

Apr 2016
Ishigami sacrificed himself for the greater good.
Mar 16, 2019 9:44 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
2/3 of this episode is still a continuation of the last one, which is cool to see. If we get sequel season, we'd be seeing longer story arcs more regularly. When Shirogane mentioned that Kaguya likes shortcakes, that "haaaaaaaa HAAA" sound she made was great XD

Lol, for the second part, Ishigami was great! "URUSEI BAAAAKAA!!" and "HEH, SOKO? S-S-SOKO?!" killed me, lol. His experience with romcom manga is surprisingly pretty useful in guessing certain stuff

Fujiwara's got way too many plans during the summer, so she ended up playing the role of chaos theory again. "Kokyuu tanoshii", lol at Kaguya keeping her mind blank. This is the second time Ishigami was able to defeat Fujiwara, but this time, he took some damage himself. Also, the narrator saying "Nai, nai, nai..." is probably my favorite use of the narrator in this series so far. XD
Mar 16, 2019 9:53 AM

Jul 2012
Rather chill episode, but really cute on the relationship reconcillation.
Ishigami so savage and passionate =/ The amazing job that VA are doing, worth mentioning each episode!
Kaguya's blank state ... And Ishigami making Fujiwara cry, his forwardness might be the only the onlt thing that can win against Chaos theory.

Fireworks coming up O_O
Mar 16, 2019 9:55 AM
Jul 2018
How they expanded Ishigami's dialogue about Kaguya really caught me by surprise lol. I can tell they love working with his character and that makes me happy.
Hype for next week. Hope you guys like ramen~
Mar 16, 2019 9:57 AM

Mar 2018
Fireworks arc next week! Can't wait to see on how they will end it.

Mar 16, 2019 10:00 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
this was established from the beginning and all... but...

Mar 16, 2019 10:07 AM

Oct 2018
This is pure nightmare fuel...
Mar 16, 2019 10:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Another fantastic episode as the usual!

It’s ridiculous how the two spent more than an hour arguing over who’d take the shortcake only for it to be taken by the unpredictable Chika xD. Lol, the moment when Ishigami sought out for her, I knew this was coming but I still wasn’t one bit disappointed. Kaguya’s bit on the past though, loved how she can taken aback by that and lmao that “Haaaa!”, mad props to the VA there again. About Shirogane’s bit tough, lmao that really is very pitiful. Great stuff!

Second half of the episode was a continuation of last episode’s visit bit and the first segment of this episode, it’s cool to see that they aren’t shuffling the Chapters here because these are some gold moments! Kaguya seeking advice from that lovebird and Shirogane likewise from Ishigami is hilarious in itself but what followed was just brilliant! You could tell the contrasting ideologies between the Genders here, lol. But boy, that ending! “Now, we’re even.”, damn Kaguya pulled off a shocker! Great stuff! For some odd reason though, I found it reassuring that she didn’t lick her finger tip or something of the sort. Very nice addition imo!

Final segment. Oh, Chika is just unpredictable as ever. Kaguya giving up instantly there was hilarious, I’m sure Shirogane will get the hang of it too soon enough lol. Lol, I’m really curious how many trips she has planned for the Summer though and rip study time. Ishigami going all out on Chika in the end there was brilliant too, he really needs to hit the brakes xD. Good thing the other two wouldn’t back down from this opening though, loved that extra detail on Kaguya’s eyes during the little fireworks demonstration.

A big shoutout to the animation of this episode, by the way. It’s not like a huge upgrade from the previous episodes but it just felt a lot more prominent here for some reason.

Can’t wait to see the remaining two episodes, hyped to see the developments during the Festival in particular of course, and then binge reading to catch up with the manga! But before I get a bit ahead of myself, here’s to hoping we get an awesome ending to this wonderful 1st Season!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 16, 2019 10:20 AM
Apr 2016
Hahaha, Ishigami is sick this episode, he did well. The cake debate was silly and funny, usually on contrary it's "I want to eat it." Kaguya wanted Shirogane to do something to her that time, and he DID, and Kaguya was happy that he did. Chika is so selfish hahha, but she's beyond adorable, Ishigami did the right thing, really. Good funny episode, it was really adorable.
Mar 16, 2019 10:26 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode as always. Aoi and Furukawa nailed the voice acting. The narrator was hilarious in third segment.

Just when they're about to feed each other chaos strikes.

Glad they reconciled, wished they showed shirogane touching her lips

Miyuki cursed the heck out chika lol kaguya had already gave up on manipulating her

And finally ishigami destroys fujiwara with facts and logic

Fireworks arc lets goo!
Mar 16, 2019 10:26 AM

May 2018
Great episode! Still on-going fight over sleeping together haha. Great new plans to go for Festival, poor Chika felt left out. Hope she will enjoy her tomato festival. Ishigami in adorable, he always accidentally does something and wants to go home to die.
Mar 16, 2019 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
Friend Police, Officer Fujiwara to the rescue. God, that was so cute and objectively the best way to resolve the situation.

And Ishigami was hilarious with spreading dem "facts" hahaha. Poor guy got roasted by Chika at the end, tho.

Great episode again. I hope the next one will measure up to the hype, but considering how everything was executed so far I'm expecting them to deliver.

So in that regard, till next time,have a nice day and don't forget. Aloha! Honolulu!

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 16, 2019 10:36 AM

Sep 2018
Damn just give my boy Ishigami he's best anime character award , he deserves it !!!

Also that lip-touching moment was sooo good,loved it !
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 16, 2019 10:44 AM

Nov 2007
God! Kaguya's cuteness is just so over the top! I tell you this, I have not seen any more beautiful blushes than Kaguya's as an anime fan in my life!

❤ Kaguya's Cuteness Appreciation Wall ❤

The moment Yuu said he wants to spend the summer with Miyuki was heart-wrenching! :')

Also, based Yuu pointed out Chika's avaricious nature! Loved it how he won the day in the end! Thanks to him Kaguya now will get to have her fireworks with Prez ❤!

Loved every second of it! Also, someone gonna give our narrator-san the seiyuu award please? That NAI! NAI! NAI! NAI! NAI! NAI! was sooooo based!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 16, 2019 10:45 AM

Jul 2015
Great episode one more timeI really enjoyed it.

Nice to see Hindu Mythology mentioned this episode.
Arjuna777Mar 16, 2019 10:57 AM

Mar 16, 2019 10:49 AM

Sep 2012
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

You are still going with the wrong girl. I see...

OT: Last part of the ep is one of my favourites. Empty Kaguya and her face is just gold. However, I have to admit. It was better on manga because of the panel effect. Still, the episode was really good nonetheless.

Summer Vacation Arc!!!!
Mar 16, 2019 10:52 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
sasalx said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

OT: Last part of the ep is one of my favourites. Empty Kaguya and her face is just gold. However, I have to admit. It was better on manga because of the panel effect. Still, the episode was really good nonetheless.

Summer Vacation Arc!!!!

what girl are we talking about here, cause no girl beats Chika
Mar 16, 2019 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
sasalx said:

Summer Vacation Arc!!!!

One and only Hayasaka of course. Well, she really has little screen time in the anime so there is that.
Mar 16, 2019 11:01 AM

Dec 2017
Ishigami always steals the spotlight. He predicted kaguya was the girl miyuki was talking about. We gotta know the guys philosophy through this episode. The only one who can stop fujiwara.

Kaguya for the best girl this season

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Mar 16, 2019 11:01 AM

Nov 2007
TsubakaSan said:
Heyyy, just confess to each other already hehhh >.< As always Chika will interrupt when both Shirogane and Kaguya about having sweet moment with each other. I could tell that she gonna come to interrupt when they going to feed the cakes to each other HAHAHA.

What I love about her is that she is self proclaimed love detective yet she cannot detect the atrocious love war going on between Kaguya and Prez right in front of her!

EcchiGodMamsterP said:

To be fair, she is only better than Moeha in the Kaguya universe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's because I would rather not have
in the discussions.
Coronavirus.
Mar 16, 2019 11:03 AM

Dec 2017
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
sasalx said:

Summer Vacation Arc!!!!

For you perhaps, because no one got bigger chest than her in the anime.

Mar 16, 2019 11:08 AM

Mar 2014
Oh god I didn't know tomato festival was a real thing until I googled it lmao

Another hilarious episode. The love advice part was fun and cute at the end, and the summer vacation skit was amazing. I loved Shirogane's reactions to Chika's trips and the pressure of summer plans. I think he's really underrated, most of his OTT reactions are plain hilarious lol
Mar 16, 2019 11:11 AM
Nov 2018
Pretty good episode, i like my kaguya so much. This episode was seemingly a continuation of the past one and it was good to see how it continued.
Mar 16, 2019 11:12 AM
Oct 2015
thevagus said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

leave them alone, even if Chika kills someone, they will still say "cHikA bEst gUrL". they have been brainwashed by Chika ED
Mar 16, 2019 11:16 AM

Dec 2017
kuro_hachi said:
thevagus said:

leave them alone, even if Chika kills someone, they will still say "cHikA bEst gUrL". they have been brainwashed by Chika ED

Chika is nothing in front of kaguya. They are gonna regret choosing chika after seeing the unbelievable cuteness of kaguya. I hope they do the same job as they did this episode so that true cuteness of kaguya can be exposed.

Mar 16, 2019 11:23 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the after effects of the home visit are still going strong. Guess both had a bone to pick with each other over that incident. That was one hell of a blowup that the cake served to ignite though. Bringing up past memories sure was a amusing move as was the angry feeding. Chika sure ended that fight in a amusing fashion. To think that both Kaguya and Miyuki would end up finding someone to ask for advice for though. The contrast between the two talks sure was interesting. The moment when they made peace sure was sweet. That last scene of Kaguya with pads sure was amusing. Looking forward to seeing what happens in the festival though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2019 11:24 AM

Nov 2007
thevagus said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

I will come back to this comment after episode 11 if that statement remains valid. ;)

Danae said:
I think he's really underrated, most of his OTT reactions are plain hilarious lol

Miyuki is super popular amongst Japanese fans though going by 2ch. Because he seems like a goodie-two-shoes but he can be so based when he wants to be.

If you read the manga, you'll realize why Yuu wanted to spend the summer with Prez, which could be his final summer as next year he will be an entrance exam student. It never crossed my mind when I read this chapter until much later why Yuu said what he said.

I liked it how the anime version added that bitter sweet tone in that part with such a sad BGM. Tbh, stuff like this makes me want to believe they are already planning ahead for an S2.

I want to believe! :)
Coronavirus.
Mar 16, 2019 11:28 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
sasalx said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

One and only Hayasaka of course. Well, she really has little screen time in the anime so there is that.

my boi.. as attractive as she looks

DAT

AIN'T

BAE

shanimebib said:
TsubakaSan said:
Heyyy, just confess to each other already hehhh >.< As always Chika will interrupt when both Shirogane and Kaguya about having sweet moment with each other. I could tell that she gonna come to interrupt when they going to feed the cakes to each other HAHAHA.

What I love about her is that she is self proclaimed love detective yet she cannot detect the atrocious love war going on between Kaguya and Prez right in front of her!

EcchiGodMamsterP said:

To be fair, she is only better than Moeha in the Kaguya universe. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's because I would rather not have
in the discussions.

what?

thevagus said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

wtf?

bigger chest has never meant best girl
Mar 16, 2019 11:46 AM

Feb 2016
Ishigami is besto grill, He just roasted Chika so hard. She deserved it tbh, for all those times she ruined the moment, BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

lol, Kaguya was so adorable getting relieved that Shirogane didn't do anything to her, but hated him because she did want him to do stuff to her lol.

So, we'll have the mandatory beach episode. The awaited fanservice will finally be witnessed.

Also, unrelated but... @EcchiGodMamsterP your signature is really distracting :0 Ahhhhhh ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 16, 2019 11:48 AM
Oct 2015
Ishigami destroys fujiwara with facts and logic
Mar 16, 2019 11:53 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
F-word Fujiwara, I hope I spelled that right, or wait, I hope not, and I'm not going to even bother checking, what a selfish brat, I never liked her and now I finally have an excuse to bash off about her.
I like how they keep bringing up what happened in an earlier episode like it's not just a regular episodic rom-com, but it actually takes its progress seriously.
Mar 16, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
They are going to finish with the festival arc. I can't be more happy.

Maybe with a S2 announcement at the end would be even better.
Mar 16, 2019 12:01 PM

Dec 2017
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

thevagus said:

wtf?

bigger chest has never meant best girl

Well if you are not talking about chest then chika got nothing on kaguya. Just look at how she blushes

Mar 16, 2019 12:21 PM
Oct 2014
Fujiwara was being such a hypocrite at the end there. Funny but annoying at the same time. Glad the president and Shinomiya backed him up
Mar 16, 2019 12:36 PM

Apr 2018
Every single episode manages to bring something new and fun.

I love this show so much
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Mar 16, 2019 12:42 PM

Jan 2019
shanimebib said:
God! Kaguya's cuteness is just so over the top! I tell you this, I have not seen any more beautiful blushes than Kaguya's as an anime fan in my life!

❤ Kaguya's Cuteness Appreciation Wall ❤

The moment Yuu said he wants to spend the summer with Miyuki was heart-wrenching! :')

Also, based Yuu pointed out Chika's avaricious nature! Loved it how he won the day in the end! Thanks to him Kaguya now will get to have her fireworks with Prez ❤!

Loved every second of it! Also, someone gonna give our narrator-san the seiyuu award please? That NAI! NAI! NAI! NAI! NAI! NAI! was sooooo based!

HAAAH HAAAH O KAWAII KOTO
Mar 16, 2019 1:00 PM
Mar 2019
I can't believe every episode is better than the last one! So sad it's gonna end...

I actually thought they would both bite into the cake when Fujiwara shows up, but this was still a great scene.
Remembering so little details about the other is so cute, I just. Can't.

Kaguya and Miyuki using the such a cliché excuse for love advice? Where's their galaxy brain now, huh?
Either way, it was executed in such a great way.

Fujiwara's going to Hawaii and to the Tomatinas? Just who are her parents to afford all this??
"Okawaii koto"!!! I missed you!!! And a triple combo in one skit? I'm done, this literally can't get better.
Or can it? Ishigami is officially best character ever, best boi, 10/10 I want to see it grow up healthy.
Mar 16, 2019 1:22 PM

Sep 2015
Good job Ishigami. Chika can't ruin the date this time
Mar 16, 2019 1:39 PM

Mar 2017
They ended the misunderstanding from last episode. Touching the lips? It was cute lol.
They are hyped for the summer vacation. Ishigami took another shot at Chika. That was funny.
I Can't Hear the Fireworks arc is beginning soon.
Mar 16, 2019 1:50 PM
Jan 2016
First segment with verbal fight about cake was funny, Kaguya blushes are always adorable, and was awesome when they decide to feed each other at same time!

When Kaguya and Miyuki where alone and he told her that he touched her lips, was a adorable and cute moment!

Advise segment was inverted now, Miyuki and Kaguya asking for advices for friends, but it was to obviues the advice were for them, was really funny Ishigami with his experience, when he start complaining he cant stop!

Last segment was interesting, congrats Ishigami, now you were right and Kaguya and Miyuki aproved!
Mar 16, 2019 2:18 PM

Apr 2015
Oh my, this was hillarious yet quite serious, I really loved the one-on-one talks between Miyuki & Yuu and Kaguya and Nagisa. How they connected the two conversations was brilliant.

Also I really loved the performances of the Voice actors, especially in this episode they really stood out. The Narrator definitely deserves more credit, he makes it so much better.
Mar 16, 2019 2:22 PM

Nov 2011
Oh my god the cake scene was hilarious. In fact this entire episode was freaking hilarious.

Ishigami had me crying when he was talking with Shirogane on the lawn so funny.

Even the Narrator screaming "NO NO NO!" was fantastic.

Great episode overall.

Damn Chika pull back a little...she got what she deserved.

Kaguya's VA during the Shortcake scene was great. HUH HUH HUH??? Omg she was so adorable!
SoraSenpaiMar 16, 2019 2:29 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 16, 2019 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
Ishigami's "oh god what have I done" reaction to the cake part was superb, what a terrifying at first, adorable at the end fight for who gets the other cake.

He sure knows how romcoms work lmao, how he totally identified the person Shirogane talked about to be like Kaguya is hilarious, and oh god he sure didn't hold back on the hate LMAO.

That lip scene, hnggg.

Ishigami getting reconforted by Kaguya and Shirogane was something, for once he didn't go too far and just said the honest truth, get rekt Chika.

One word of praise towards the VAs, they really are doing an amazing job, the narrator this episode in special took the cake xD
Mar 16, 2019 2:44 PM

Apr 2015
This episode did justice and really improved on some scenes, Pretty much no hiccups and really liking most of the artistic direction.

VAs in this anime really deserve a lot of praise for making their roles irreplaceable, especially Ishigami and Kaguya
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Mar 30, 2019

476 by Assassin2112 »»
Apr 30, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.