Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 7, 4:28 AM
Aug 2020
Spoiler!

I happened to observe that there's some misattribution of arousal in this anime and i wanted to share this interesting theory.

Misattribution of Arousal is a psychological phenomenon where people misinterpret physiological responses, like a racing heart or sweaty palms, as romantic attraction. Essentially, they confuse arousal caused by a situation (like being scared) with arousal caused by someone else (like a crush).

“Kaguya-sama and the Suspension Bridge Effect”

For example (i repeat just an example I'm not saying that their love is fake), in the anime's second season, Kaguya and Miyuki get trapped together in the school storage shed. Both characters, experiencing the thrill of the situation (fear of being caught, maybe even a hint of danger), misinterpret their racing hearts as signs of the other person's confession ploy. (And those specific scenes where they might get caught that will cause misinterpretation 🤭) This perfectly exemplifies the misattribution of arousal.

I really just wanted to share this interesting theory 😁
Apr 7, 4:56 AM
Mar 2021
Only issue I see is that you could apply what Stan Lee said about an author and their story.
The characters were both written to have a crush on each other from the beginning and the writer intentionally had them become trapped in a storeroom and start to experience a hastened heartbeat.

In short, your theory would be logical if this were real life but a writer knows what they're doing, even if it differs from standard logic.
Apr 7, 7:24 AM
Aug 2019
egosumjohn said:
Spoiler!

I happened to observe that there's some misattribution of arousal in this anime and i wanted to share this interesting theory.

Misattribution of Arousal is a psychological phenomenon where people misinterpret physiological responses, like a racing heart or sweaty palms, as romantic attraction. Essentially, they confuse arousal caused by a situation (like being scared) with arousal caused by someone else (like a crush).

For example (i repeat just an example I'm not saying that their love is fake), in the anime's second season, Kaguya and Miyuki get trapped together in the school storage shed. Both characters, experiencing the thrill of the situation (fear of being caught, maybe even a hint of danger), misinterpret their racing hearts as signs of the other person's confession ploy. (And those specific scenes where they might get caught that will cause misinterpretation 🤭) This perfectly exemplifies the misattribution of arousal.

Or, their hearts were racing because they’re in an isolated room with someone they’ve been hardcore crushing on for a year haha
Apr 7, 7:48 AM
Oct 2023
egosumjohn said:
Spoiler!

I know you didn't ask for it but if you like to interpret science and romance like this I suggest you watch "Science fell in love, so I tried to prove it"
Apr 7, 7:50 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to Aruhaya
egosumjohn said:
Spoiler!

I know you didn't ask for it but if you like to interpret science and romance like this I suggest you watch "Science fell in love, so I tried to prove it"
@Aruhaya oh my, i actually watch this!! might start the new season too!
Apr 7, 7:51 AM
Oct 2023
@egosumjohn how much did you rate it ?
Apr 7, 7:54 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to Aruhaya
@Aruhaya well, i believe that ratings is subjective and doesn't really reflect the overall goodness or badness of the show but 8/10 I'm into psychological btw.
Apr 7, 7:56 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to Aruhaya
@Aruhaya bro, i think we will really become a friend 🤣 we even have the same introduction not kidding we use hiragana
Apr 7, 12:09 PM
Feb 2023
Aruhaya said:

so I looked through your list (apologies for snooping) but, why is horimiya only a 7/10?!?!?!?
Apr 12, 9:49 AM

Jan 2024
Aruhaya said:
egosumjohn said:
Spoiler!

what a great suggestion man I am thinking same anime 😂
Apr 14, 11:11 AM
Oct 2023
unbeatenb said:
Aruhaya said:

so I looked through your list (apologies for snooping) but, why is horimiya only a 7/10?!?!?!?

well it was good romance, but it was weird too. not my type tho. it's just og
Apr 14, 11:13 AM
Oct 2023
egosumjohn said:
@Aruhaya bro, i think we will really become a friend 🤣 we even have the same introduction not kidding we use hiragana

sure I'd love to. I accepted your request 😁😁

More topics from this board

» WE GOT A WIN TODAY!!!!

TwigzLIVE - May 5

27 by 1Toxic2 »»
May 10, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Mar 30, 2019

477 by sainazrb »»
May 8, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.