Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 3, 2019 10:33 AM

May 2014
Kaguya helping out Ishigami with his studying was really cool. I liked how she stuck up for him when he was getting shit talked by those two girls in the library.

First half was great, Shirogane Kei is cool and it is interesting the personality 180 when it comes to her brother Miyuki. The finals mind games were great, glad my boy Shirogane kept is 1st place on the boards.

Overall my favorite episode so far, funny first part and a touching ending
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Mar 3, 2019 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
pilotinha_ said:
yosepdxt said:
So some people say this chapter is from chapter 55. I do read the manga but I couldn't remember which chapter is which, because you know, it's not a timeline based manga but pieces of chunks of their daily lives. My question is, does the studio skipped THAT much? I know the production team have done an immense job in adapting the series, they make this anime to be "more timeline based" and it kinda flows naturally and I'm good with that.

My concern is that they are planning to END this anime in ONLY one cour with "THAT" scene, you know manga readers, the scene that happened recently in the manga, as the Grand Finale. If that does happen, I'm afraid we won't get another sequel. And that might make me sad, because this is one of my favorite series.......
don't worry, this season ends with
, they just adapted 55 cause it can relate to the 2nd part of this episode.

I see... That's reassuring. And that arc is pretty good as well as the finale.

Thai777 said:
yosepdxt said:
So some people say this chapter is from chapter 55. I do read the manga but I couldn't remember which chapter is which, because you know, it's not a timeline based manga but pieces of chunks of their daily lives. My question is, does the studio skipped THAT much? I know the production team have done an immense job in adapting the series, they make this anime to be "more timeline based" and it kinda flows naturally and I'm good with that.

My concern is that they are planning to END this anime in ONLY one cour with "THAT" scene, you know manga readers, the scene that happened recently in the manga, as the Grand Finale. If that does happen, I'm afraid we won't get another sequel. And that might make me sad, because this is one of my favorite series.......

It's a one time thing, next week is ch 33-34-35, some people have theorized why they skipped for this chapter and it was related to
there's basically no way they skip that much to get to the latest manga chapter, there is too much development missing to skip until there it won't make sense.

If you're scared just read the thread about upcoming manga chapter that will be adapted, it get updated every week so we can know what is gonna be adapted.

Where can I get the info though?
Mar 3, 2019 11:15 AM

Jan 2009
bakacheeto said:
is it just me or this aniime is getting boring and boring

It's just you....
Mar 3, 2019 11:51 AM

Jun 2014

In the Kaguya forum there's a thread called "All chapters that are and will be adapted in Kaguya (In order)"
Here's the link

In there we take out info from the official kaguya website that where they update every week which chapter will be adapted, that why we know that ep 9 will adapt ch 33-34-35.

In the thread they also mention which chapter was skipped and will not be adapted but I'm not sure where that info comes from, someone mentioned how unadapted chapter become free on a website.

Mar 3, 2019 3:01 PM
Feb 2019
I wanna see Fujiwara's sisters!!!!!
Mar 3, 2019 4:02 PM

Apr 2015
Great episode!

Kei, Miyuki's imouto gets introduced. She's really cute and Kaguya instantly gets the "I want her to call me Sis complex". Had to be Chika walking in, being best friends with Kei all along. The greeting between the two of them was cute! So was Kaguya's face after witnessing all that.

It hasn't been shown often yet but Kaguya really cares about the council members. The time she spend teaching Ishigami was really sweet. Especially standing up for him in the library!
Mar 3, 2019 4:02 PM

Aug 2008
Ehhh poorest episode so far imo. New little sister character could be fun in the future but the two studying skits just felt like weaker versions of previous eps. First disappointment of season for me.
Mar 3, 2019 4:44 PM

Sep 2011
bakacheeto said:
If you arent enjoying these parts you probably arent gonna be super won over later on, though we are about to get to some of the best chapters coming up with a bit more substance to them past just gags if thats any incentive. Basically lot more stuff like the 3rd part of this ep so if that didnt do anything for yah then that could be a red flag for overall enjoyment.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 3, 2019 7:44 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
BATTLE OF LIES THS ONE LMAO Kei is really pretty, love her debut :D Kaguya's training was HOTTTT <33333 compared to that of Chika's which was funny. FAVORITE PART of this ep was Miyuki punching in the bathroom LOOOOOOOOOOOL
張大です for 張大勇督察
Mar 4, 2019 1:21 AM

Dec 2017
Yet another reminder that high school memories are such a phase of life to be cherished, but not to be reexperienced.
Kaguya is so adorable as usual... ♡

anodasin said:
I wanna see Fujiwara's sisters!!!!!
You meant Chika's sisters, I suppose? They are all of Fujiwara by the way. XD
Referenced from this episode when Papa Shirogane once again mentioned, "Which one? We are all Shirogane." Err... :))
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 4, 2019 1:54 AM

Feb 2019
Kei seems like a fun character and her first interaction with the others resulted in one of the best scene for Kaguya. Her flip from greed to SURE was to die for!!!! Miyuki shadow boxing in the toilet was another one!!.. Also Yuu still remains best boy by far... XD
Mar 4, 2019 2:11 AM

Feb 2018
Good jobs Ishigami, and also Shirogane you get 1 place again.
Mar 4, 2019 4:23 AM
Nov 2016
Another great episode, this adaptation is so good
Mar 4, 2019 10:56 AM

Dec 2017
This is one of the most relatable anime episodes that I've ever seen.
Mar 4, 2019 4:27 PM

Sep 2018
Girl's imagination every time!! LOL Kaguya imagine too much but reality is far from that :D
Mar 4, 2019 5:32 PM

Dec 2013
Yep, Ishigami is my dude. Seeing him suffer is just too funny.
Mar 4, 2019 6:35 PM

Oct 2017
Great seeing Chika ruining Kaguya's fantasies again. As always, Ishigami was great and I'd find it hard for anybody to not like this guy. Fantastic episode.
Mar 4, 2019 6:38 PM

Jun 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Ehh, not that good of an episode....

USO DE ARU. This man here is still internally raving about the newest episode!

First part was really good. Not only is it the first time we get to see Kei, but it's also the first time we get to see Daddy Shirogane. Hopefully we get a second season where we get to see some of Daddy Shirogane's antics. Lol, that change in feelings for Fujiwara XD

Second part was hilarious! Ishigami truly lives on the edge. Yay to Shirogane for holding the first spot. Man's so happy, he started shadowboxing for no reason XD

I'm really happy that they decided to do adapt chapter 55 this early on. Within the first season, people will get to see that Ishigami's popularity is not only because of his suicide joke. He gets nicknamed "our guy" for many reasons, and this is one of them. And we also get to see Kaguya care for her kouhai too. After all, the only people that are truly support him are Kaguya and the prez.
Oh man u had me in the first half! I was about to rant about what a great episode this was. Nice meme.
Read Toriko!
Mar 4, 2019 6:41 PM

Jun 2015
likemanga said:
Just a small reminder, it is OK to discuss and criticize the episode as you see fit. Be aware of troll and people who just want to trash on the popular show. No need to put spoiler to prove your point. This is the internet. Even your best-crafted argument is nonsense.

Finally, stay hydrated and keep exercise
I like you.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Read Toriko!
Mar 4, 2019 6:42 PM

Jun 2015
bakacheeto said:
Is it just me or do u have shit taste?
Read Toriko!
Mar 4, 2019 10:29 PM
Mar 2015
Kaguya lost the little sister battle and the battle for #1. Poor Ishigami He cannot catch a break
Mar 5, 2019 3:42 AM
Jul 2018
USO DE ARU

I can feel myself relating to Ishigami more and more every new episode, is this a bad thing
Mar 5, 2019 6:21 AM

Feb 2016
Chika with glasses. Nuff said 10/10
♬ Nothing's gonna change my love for you
You ought to know by now how much I love you
One thing you can be sure of
I'll never ask for more than your love ♬
Mar 5, 2019 8:40 AM

May 2018
Loved this episode! I always enjoyed this anime, but Ishigami's taking it to another level xD
Mar 5, 2019 8:42 AM
Jan 2016
I liked a lot Kei's introduction, she is adorable! Kaguya trying to make familiar relationship with ehr was awesome, funny how Ishigami and Chika ruined her plans, her reactions were priceless, how funny she intantly acept the request to go shoping, after cursing Chika so much!

Exam segment was interesting, everyone is lying, less Chika ahhaha, Miyuki reaction for keeping fisrt place was funny!

Kaguya is awesome when caring for his friends, well done helping Ishigami!
Mar 5, 2019 10:09 AM
Sep 2017
shanimebib said:
And Thus Ishigami Closed His Eyes. T_T

If anime-only guys are wondering, it's a three-parter that gets extended further in the Kaguya-sama universe. You guys will never know if you don't read the manga!

Ishigami doesn't know. Manga readers know.

I cried a bit in that arc goddammit
Mar 6, 2019 10:51 AM
Nov 2018
pilotinha_ said:
Zamamama said:
It was an amazing episode as always, but I personally didn't find it as comedic as other episodes. It was slightly more serious than usual. But then again, it was almost not serious at all

From this point this show won't be as comedic as it was until now. It will be still pretty comedic but with arcs and with actual plot.
I am not disappointed.
Mar 6, 2019 12:16 PM

Mar 2016
JizzyHitler said:
pilotinha_ said:

From this point this show won't be as comedic as it was until now. It will be still pretty comedic but with arcs and with actual plot.
you are grossly mischaracterizing the series going foreword, the arcs wont make for more than single episode plots, there is more drama every now and again but in no way is it less comedic with how infrequent they are. There is a more visible continuity but to call it a plot is an overstatement

The series very much is still the same formula as it is now, just more actual developments but its still at the end of the day mostly contained singular chapter gag scenarios.

I never said it stopped being comedic. What I meant is that in early phase the whole purpose of the manga (except in brief moments) was comedy, but after one point, without abandoning the comedy (it's still a romcom after all), the manga has a more serious tone and more plot. It's true that it still has some "only comedy" episodes tho.
Mar 6, 2019 3:19 PM

Jan 2013
Another fantastic episode! So Shirogane has a younger sister, she's so cuteeeeeeeee, i wonder why she was nervous to talk to her? Maybe because she thinks she is very pretty and too adult for her?
I love this anime so much, it has such a unique art, Shinomiya's eyes always look so pretty.

Shinomiya really took care of Ishigami, what a great episode! She was really cute and cared about him and that answer to those girls xD You better not mess with her haha

EDIT: This was the last anime/episode i've seen on masteranime :( Thank you guys! <3
AivanKMar 6, 2019 3:58 PM
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 6, 2019 5:09 PM

Apr 2018
I really enjoy this anime so far! The final exams were funny and the narrator was on point xD
Mar 6, 2019 5:30 PM

Dec 2014
I haven't read the manga but i just know that the studio did well adapting this.

Kaguya facial expressions kill me in every episode i seem to chuckle.

Chika is just being herself! Just goes to show that you could be minding your own business and someone will hate for no reason.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Mar 6, 2019 7:04 PM

May 2016
I love this anime so much, all the character dynamics are great! All the stories this episode were hilarious, happy to see Ishigami's character get more developed.

Mar 7, 2019 3:55 PM

Sep 2011
That was a surprisingly sweet last section, but of course it had just as much hilarious scenes.
Mar 8, 2019 2:08 PM

Feb 2008
Ah. Kaguya is the epitomisation of cute darkness, her passive aggression is sublime. She really put Ishigami through his paces...
Mar 9, 2019 2:25 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Where did it go wrong? Ishigami looked super clean in the past, he could have changed his attitude but why his looks? I'm sure he would have hit that girlfriend he always complains about not having.
A different direction to the episode, going to something more friendly and caring, stuff like this is welcomed once in a while.
Mar 9, 2019 7:17 AM

Aug 2017
Another good episode. First part where Kaguya failed in winning Kei's trust was hilarious.

I can identify a bit with the second part, I spent a year trying to be the the best of the class and I failed. This is so relatable. Also, Shirogane shadowboxing in the toilet was unexpected hahahaha.

Last part is my favourite. Kaguya’s torture scene was amazing lmao. I'm glad that Ishigami passed his exams.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 9, 2019 8:09 PM
Mar 2015
can these jerks please shut up about their manga bragging - no body cares about what part of the episode was in the manga. just discuss and enjoy the anime
Mar 11, 2019 1:50 AM

Nov 2018
I love the opening song for sure, the main vocalist sings rlly good n has kinda lowkey sexy voice.
Looks like Kei has internally fallen for Kaguya's charms. Lets see how this develops.
Kaguya tutoring Ishigami n showing how she doesn't care about rumors was a nice humane touch to their relationship. Wonder how much of the 'bad' stuff is Ishigami's delusions though.
Mar 12, 2019 10:17 AM

Jul 2015
Shirogane's Shadow boxing was amazing. It wasgreat for Ishigami to get some additional development to his character.
Mar 13, 2019 4:01 AM

Jun 2013
The first half makes Kaguya look like a bitch. She bad-mouthed Chika then acts all friendly after she gets invited. What a fucking hypocrite. Makes me wonder if she truly sees her as a friend. Poor, Chika-sama. She is inferior to Chika Fujiwara-sama, the real goddess of this show.

Anyways, it's funny how Kaguya is thinking of marrying Shirogane when in reality wealthy people marry other wealthy people. There are some lesser wealthy people who marry someone from a different socioeconomic background but it rarely turns out well. Most of the time, they struggle with FINANCES and end up divorcing. Yes, this is an anime with a fairy tale-esque plot but if you watch a lot of crime documentaries, many people are willing to kill their richer spouse for money.

Kaguya was way more likable in the second half. She was determined to help out Ishigami even though her expectations were too high. She's a fucking badass bitch when she's defending others and not tearing them down.
臭い-
Mar 16, 2019 12:09 AM

May 2013
Lmaoooo, tell me both the Shirogane siblings love Kaguya xDDD that'd be too cute hahaha

Kaguya is real sweet :') It's amazing how she tutored a lazy video game bum and kept her Rank 2. She really can do it all. Such a Boss Lady <3

Oh my ;O past Isshi looks HAWT *O* go back to being a delinquent with short hair!!!!!! Looking forward to the next ep if it's his background story *O*
Mar 16, 2019 2:04 AM

Nov 2007
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
Oh my ;O past Isshi looks HAWT *O* go back to being a delinquent with short hair!!!!!! Looking forward to the next ep if it's his background story *O*

It won't happen in this season purely because there are only 3 episodes left PLUS the fifth main character is not listed to appear in the anime who plays a vital role in build up to And Thus Ishigami Closed His Eyes's continuation.

Also, if you follow the conversation below, you'd know it's quite heavy. His past that is.

Havuhong said:
shanimebib said:
And Thus Ishigami Closed His Eyes. T_T

If anime-only guys are wondering, it's a three-parter that gets extended further in the Kaguya-sama universe. You guys will never know if you don't read the manga!

Ishigami doesn't know. Manga readers know.

I cried a bit in that arc goddammit
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 16, 2019 4:14 AM

May 2013
shanimebib said:
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:

It won't happen in this season purely because there are only 3 episodes left PLUS the fifth main character is not listed to appear in the anime who plays a vital role in build up to And Thus Ishigami Closed His Eyes's continuation.

I know, I saw the next ep and was disappointed :/ Oh well. At least we were shown a little preview either way.
Mar 20, 2019 9:41 PM
Aug 2017
Haha I mean, I still shadowbox when something exciting happens so this shit was so funny relatable xd. Also Ishigami in the last 0-0, Kaguya stood up for him telling the bitches off hell yeah. Imouto is also cute af and also Fujiwaras sisters wow
Mar 26, 2019 8:08 PM

Aug 2016
Awww Kei-chan is so cute.
Apr 4, 2019 8:12 PM

Jul 2016
Are you telling me that Chika has two sisters!!!???

As expected, it was another fantastic episode.

Ishigami sure had a lot of screentime. The last segment with him and Kaguya was both nice and heartwarming (kind of) to see and not to mention that it also gave more depth to his character, which is always welcome.
Apr 23, 2019 1:32 AM

Sep 2014
I think I just watched my own life. Not really caring much about my grades and giving more time to gaming and procrastinating but when I do study hard, I barely passed lol. That's a real life visualization if I ever saw one

Lastly, include the Fujiwara sisters please ~ Kaguya's reaction to them would be priceless!
XiferVPApr 23, 2019 1:38 AM
May 5, 2019 4:44 AM

Nov 2014
It was amazing, with Kei appearance and Kaguya's "Nee-san to be" mission is funny as always, Well this time is Kaguya's turn to be a mom haha, beside the comedic things, i liked some a quite serious skit with great finishing like the reason why Miyuki trying so hard was to be at same place as Kaguya, While the reason Kaguya's teach Ishigami was to made Miyuki didn't get any troubled with his student council duty so i thought it was an awesome episode.
May 15, 2019 11:59 AM

Feb 2013
Kaguya is a scary tutor!
Jun 6, 2019 10:09 AM

Feb 2019
Kei's beautiful.

The first part was the best part here. Favourite part was Kaguya's 180 change of thoughts after Fujiwara invited her. That was the most hilarious thing I've seen today. Also, Kei finds Kaguya attractive? This anime keeps on surprising me, I did not expect that.

Poor Fujiwara getting caught in the middle of their battles. I hope she rises through the ranks again!

I was wondering why Ishigami rose in the ranks. Now I know. Pretty good part, I love the dramatic parts of this anime. It was awesome too seeing how strong and rooted Kaguya was, not really being fazed by the rumours. Was not expecting her reaction to Ishigami's grades though lol. That part where Shirogane is muttering about how Kaguya is actually caring... awesome.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.