Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 2, 2019 2:38 PM

Jun 2014
MV-P said:
Ishigami's middle School arc is about to come, "now where did I keep my tissues". Also the next episode will also probably show how Kaguya and Shirogane met. I am so excited.

No.. you know there's a thread where every week they tell us what chapter they adapt right? You're talking about stuff that are so far in the manga that are for sure not going to be adapted in the anime. Hell you're saying some stuff that won't happen till the third season.
Mar 2, 2019 2:42 PM

Jun 2015
I’m expecting some episode about ishigamis past now
Mar 2, 2019 3:06 PM

Sep 2018
Birdsanddrugs said:
The face of your Mom after she finds you out...
lol nice signature you got there, o kawaii koto
Mar 2, 2019 3:18 PM

Feb 2018
an amazing episode , NGL that picture of Ishigami reminded me of my mom showing her friends photos of me as a kid , i felt like they betrayed him lol .
Mar 2, 2019 3:26 PM

Jan 2017
I'll preface this post by saying that I really enjoyed this episode, was cackling like a loon at the first and third parts, and am incredibly impressed with the anime team for adapting such a late chapter and blending it in seamlessly. Koga Aoi continues to be, just, literally the best, and although she's the clear standout everyone else is magnificent as well. The direction is perfect, allowing every joke to land at least as hard as they do in the manga, and that's seriously impressive.

It's just...

The exam chapter is the first chapter - the very first, at eight episodes in - that I didn't think improved on the manga. In fact, it was a step back. I would have liked the narrator to be a lot more bombastic when he declared that characters were lying, rather than the restrained calm we got here. We know he can do it - we had some perfect narrator OTT in this very episode - so I'm unsure why this decision was made. (Also, the crunchy subs going 's/he's lying' instead of 'THAT WAS A LIE!' doesn't help.) The contrast between the calm characters and the insane energy of the manga narration was so much of what made that chapter hilarious to me. It also detracted from the Shirogane shadowboxing - the narrator should have been shouting about how triumphant he felt, matching Shirogane's enthusiasm with his own.

It's a shame, and even more of a shame because I was so hyped for this chapter.

To be clear - I still loved this episode, and I still love this show. And the fact that this is the very first part that I thought the manga did better than the anime just shows how mindblowingly good an adaptation this is.

But it's still a shame.
Mar 2, 2019 3:31 PM

Nov 2009
I love them Imoutos, always funny.

And Kaguya wanting to try and use the imouto route to get to the Shirogane route, LOL (but everything is already taken by Fujiwara)

Tho it does look like Kei actually likes Kaguya, but is too nervous (just like her bro) to have a normal conversation instead of robotic like.

Also, Kaguya didn't beat Prez in the Exam cause she was helping Ishigami not being held back instead of doing her own studies. Bravo Kaguya, Bravo. If anything, Kaguya deserve a Win.

(tho Prez also knows of Ishigami's situation, but still go insane studying to beat Kaguya in the Exam)
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Mar 2, 2019 3:35 PM

Feb 2017
Really adding some insight to Kaguya's character. Just few episodes behind before fireworks

That Joe reference though
Mar 2, 2019 3:44 PM
Nov 2018
This was actually an extremely good episode and a huge improvement over the past few episodes that didn't feel as complete and exciting as this one. This episode makes it clear that it was a good idea to adapt chapter 55 early on in the anime, it really feel like a breath of fresh air for the show, Also Kaguya is best girl.
Mar 2, 2019 3:45 PM

Mar 2016
saengdao said:
I’m expecting some episode about ishigamis past now

In season 2... O go see the manga after the show ends. Trust me, it's REALLY worth it.
Mar 2, 2019 3:47 PM

Mar 2016
Zamamama said:
It was an amazing episode as always, but I personally didn't find it as comedic as other episodes. It was slightly more serious than usual. But then again, it was almost not serious at all

From this point this show won't be as comedic as it was until now. It will be still pretty comedic but with arcs and with actual plot.
Mar 2, 2019 4:06 PM
Feb 2019
Maurice_5 said:
I'll preface this post by saying that I really enjoyed this episode, was cackling like a loon at the first and third parts, and am incredibly impressed with the anime team for adapting such a late chapter and blending it in seamlessly. Koga Aoi continues to be, just, literally the best, and although she's the clear standout everyone else is magnificent as well. The direction is perfect, allowing every joke to land at least as hard as they do in the manga, and that's seriously impressive.

It's just...

The exam chapter is the first chapter - the very first, at eight episodes in - that I didn't think improved on the manga. In fact, it was a step back. I would have liked the narrator to be a lot more bombastic when he declared that characters were lying, rather than the restrained calm we got here. We know he can do it - we had some perfect narrator OTT in this very episode - so I'm unsure why this decision was made. (Also, the crunchy subs going 's/he's lying' instead of 'THAT WAS A LIE!' doesn't help.) The contrast between the calm characters and the insane energy of the manga narration was so much of what made that chapter hilarious to me. It also detracted from the Shirogane shadowboxing - the narrator should have been shouting about how triumphant he felt, matching Shirogane's enthusiasm with his own.

It's a shame, and even more of a shame because I was so hyped for this chapter.

To be clear - I still loved this episode, and I still love this show. And the fact that this is the very first part that I thought the manga did better than the anime just shows how mindblowingly good an adaptation this is.

But it's still a shame.

Same feeling. I am expecting the narrator to be more energetic and the timing is a little off
Mar 2, 2019 4:09 PM

Jul 2015
really weak episode.. people with shit taste gobble it up anyway
Mar 2, 2019 4:11 PM

Dec 2013
I wonder why is everyone so mean to Ishigami, but he is getting some tough love form Kaguya.

DirectorK said:
So we get introduced to Shirogane's little sister this time. She's pretty cute! Awesome episode as always. Curious to see what happens to Ishigami after all that drama.

On a side note, I happened to come across this awesome Eurobeat remix of the OP this morning!

There is nothing like the good'ol Eurobeat to end the day.
Mar 2, 2019 4:37 PM

Oct 2018
Greenlandball said:
Birdsanddrugs said:
lol nice signature you got there, o kawaii koto

My...thank you. Cuteness is a way of life.

btw I see you love the dagashi greatness too :)
Mar 2, 2019 4:44 PM

Sep 2018
lol, so you just finished Dagashi Kashi rn, man of culture
Mar 2, 2019 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
pilotinha_ said:
Zamamama said:
It was an amazing episode as always, but I personally didn't find it as comedic as other episodes. It was slightly more serious than usual. But then again, it was almost not serious at all

From this point this show won't be as comedic as it was until now. It will be still pretty comedic but with arcs and with actual plot.
you are grossly mischaracterizing the series going foreword, the arcs wont make for more than single episode plots, there is more drama every now and again but in no way is it less comedic with how infrequent they are. There is a more visible continuity but to call it a plot is an overstatement

The series very much is still the same formula as it is now, just more actual developments but its still at the end of the day mostly contained singular chapter gag scenarios.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 2, 2019 5:20 PM
Feb 2019
Just a small reminder, it is OK to discuss and criticize the episode as you see fit. Be aware of troll and people who just want to trash on the popular show. No need to put spoiler to prove your point. This is the internet. Even your best-crafted argument is nonsense.

Finally, stay hydrated and keep exercise
Mar 2, 2019 5:50 PM

Feb 2019
Interesting episode. More developmental compared to the previous episodes. The first part was my favorite of it all—I'm a really big fan of Kaguya plotting to get into the President's 'romantic radar'.
Mar 2, 2019 6:02 PM
May 2017
It's nice to see the friendship between the cast develop, I really enjoyed this episode.
Mar 2, 2019 6:52 PM

Jun 2015
So some people say this chapter is from chapter 55. I do read the manga but I couldn't remember which chapter is which, because you know, it's not a timeline based manga but pieces of chunks of their daily lives. My question is, does the studio skipped THAT much? I know the production team have done an immense job in adapting the series, they make this anime to be "more timeline based" and it kinda flows naturally and I'm good with that.

My concern is that they are planning to END this anime in ONLY one cour with "THAT" scene, you know manga readers, the scene that happened recently in the manga, as the Grand Finale. If that does happen, I'm afraid we won't get another sequel. And that might make me sad, because this is one of my favorite series.......
Mar 2, 2019 6:59 PM

May 2016
This episode so fun..
Shirogane's sister very cute XD

Btw RIP Fujiwara..
Maybe she will die later by Kaguya XD

Mar 2, 2019 7:01 PM

Nov 2014
Minar-kyun said:
That's why I love the character relationships in this anime so much.

Kaguya and Ishigami = Siblings
Chika and Shirogane = Mother and son lol.

I said it as a joke. But it's actually the truth.
kaguya and ishigami can be mother-son too
Birdsanddrugs said:

So next episode is the sick arc. Hmmmm i can't for for THAT scene ;-)
ttcchenMar 2, 2019 7:17 PM
Mar 2, 2019 7:11 PM

Mar 2016
yosepdxt said:
So some people say this chapter is from chapter 55. I do read the manga but I couldn't remember which chapter is which, because you know, it's not a timeline based manga but pieces of chunks of their daily lives. My question is, does the studio skipped THAT much? I know the production team have done an immense job in adapting the series, they make this anime to be "more timeline based" and it kinda flows naturally and I'm good with that.

My concern is that they are planning to END this anime in ONLY one cour with "THAT" scene, you know manga readers, the scene that happened recently in the manga, as the Grand Finale. If that does happen, I'm afraid we won't get another sequel. And that might make me sad, because this is one of my favorite series.......
don't worry, this season ends with
, they just adapted 55 cause it can relate to the 2nd part of this episode.
Mar 2, 2019 7:35 PM

Nov 2011
Yo this episode was freaking hilarious as always. First we meet Kei who definitely seems to either Idolize or like Kaguya a lot.

Then we get studying sessions with Chika not giving a shit

THEN WE GET AWESOME KAGUYA AND ISHIGAMI MOMENTS!!!! And an awesome moment in the library between the two of them. I thought some kind of friendship was blooming until Kaguya got the test scores lol.

Who the hell was spraying the hose when Kaguya was crying to Ai? lol that was great.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 2, 2019 7:51 PM

Oct 2017
Kei's hair color was pretty underwhelming.
Mar 2, 2019 8:22 PM

Apr 2012
Kagura really wants to be in that family circle. Eventhough Chika isn't a love rival she just hates the fact Chika already is comfortable with that family.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Mar 2, 2019 9:07 PM

Apr 2013
anyone else or is it just me?
Kei's eyes look like death perception almost lul.
Mar 2, 2019 9:31 PM

Sep 2017
Wow I really didn't expect Kaguya to stand up for Ishigami like that. It was actually kinda wholesome. Too bad she went back to giving him a blast of shit at the very end. Tho I guess the Ishigami being scared of Kaguya gags have always been my least favourite.
Mar 2, 2019 11:07 PM

Jun 2014
yosepdxt said:

It's a one time thing, next week is ch 33-34-35, some people have theorized why they skipped for this chapter and it was related to
there's basically no way they skip that much to get to the latest manga chapter, there is too much development missing to skip until there it won't make sense.

If you're scared just read the thread about upcoming manga chapter that will be adapted, it get updated every week so we can know what is gonna be adapted.
Mar 3, 2019 12:06 AM

Dec 2013
Everybody is lying! Shirogane celebrating was hilarious.

It was nice to see Shinomiya standing up for Ishigami in this episode.
Mar 3, 2019 12:11 AM

Dec 2014
wow..such a good episode...I laughing throw all the lies...
Mar 3, 2019 12:40 AM

Jun 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, Kei Shirogane showed up in this show. Nice, always been looking forward to her appearance.

Funny to see the grades drama this episode too. Speaking of grades, Ishigami seems to be in trouble and I find the dramatic effect of the story angle to be quite amusing. They nailed it with his character reactions.

HOW CUTE!
I wouldn't blame myself for fall-. Anyway, this was a really good episode, a mixture of funny and emotional episode. Shinomiya can be terrifying at times but she can also be terrifyingly caring towards her friends. I'm glad she stood up for Ishigami. Also Shinomiya being surprised because Kei is good friends with Chika, her reactions just too funny.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 3, 2019 1:36 AM

May 2018
I wonder what kind of guy Ishigami is in the past. Looking at his past looks, which is handsome and stylish, I think he was a.... playboy maybe ? The girls also afraid on him and worried about Shinomiya too closed to him.

President's sister introduced. Aaa she admires Shinomiya, that's why she don't speak anything on her. Shinomiya's positive side take over the third part, loves how she caring to Ishigami and his fail score, that's a good girl.
Mar 3, 2019 1:46 AM

Mar 2017
kei may get more screentime >_<
Mar 3, 2019 2:12 AM

Jan 2015
Honestly, my favorite episode
Mar 3, 2019 2:28 AM

Sep 2016
Is that a kuru toga mechanical pencil that Shirogane is using?
Mar 3, 2019 2:47 AM

Sep 2018
I'm totally loving this anime more by each episode. Facial expressions were spot on both ishigami's and kaguya's. I'm anime only so I've just now realised that they adapted a chapter from 20 ch ahead...really did a good job there.
Mar 3, 2019 4:05 AM

Nov 2010
The little sister appeared neatly and elegantly and ended up like Kirino in OreImo...
Mar 3, 2019 4:28 AM

Sep 2017
finally the most beautiful girl appeared, a.k.a KEI CHAANNNN
omg im in love since her first appearance in the manga. and now seeing her in anime with great VA made me fall for her even more lol. but sadly, this is the first and last time i see her in this season (probably, i hope there will be another episodes of her)

overall, good episode and well adaptation. thankyou A-1 for making this anime great!
Mar 3, 2019 5:36 AM
Jan 2019
Why is the treasurer's first impression, Ishigami, that he is repelled? It is unfair. Such a good guy he is. LOL.
Well, I suppose Shinomiya is really a great person. He helped Ishigami to study and avoid failing.
Mar 3, 2019 5:42 AM

Feb 2014
Miyuki's little sister, Kei, makes her appearance and I just love how Kaguya keeps fantasising about her and Kei becoming grat friends and getting to know the Shirogane family really nicely. However, the reality was that Kei is best friends with Chika and her two other sisters, which instantly made Kaguya jealous. Her facial expressions was excellent as usual. =P

The exam segment was entertaining, as the narrator was active in telling us viewers about how serious most students take with their exams and also showed us how Miyuki and Kaguya lied a lot about exam tips and what their actual thoughts were about it.

It led to an amusing ending where Miyuki retains his number one spot, with Kaguya at number two. While Kaguya went off to her aide to cry, Miyuki went to the toilets alone and yelled out his joy of beating Kaguya at exams again. XD

The last segment focused more on Ishigami, whose exams woes were close to making him repeat a year. Kaguya vowed that she would help his exams score, even if it meant in taking Ishigami's phone and PS Vita away. Poor Ishigami looked drained in his Ashita no Joe homage visual.

Kaguya's intentions were still really nice as she doesn't want to see a fellow student council member failing in their exams and she also did a great job at telling the two whispering girls who're badmouthing Ishigami to clear off.

In the end, Ishigami passed, barely, but that made Kaguya pissed off with him. Well, we can't have it go perfectly all the time now, can't we? =P

This was another great episode. Not my overall favourite, but it still had plenty of epic moments that'll please most fans here easily.
Mar 3, 2019 6:38 AM

May 2018
Good episode. Liked it how Kaguya-sama helped Ishigami through final tests. He managed to get better grades, but still she hoped he would shine. I wonder what will come in next episode.
Mar 3, 2019 7:00 AM

Feb 2019
This wpisode basicaly sumed up 4 types of student in final week..
Mar 3, 2019 7:19 AM

Mar 2016
LOL, This is a relatable episode...

If you top the school, you don't close the gap, Just like Shirogane and Shinomiya.
True Gamers are always like that, none to few times study... Ishigami... you just don't care because of those rumors.

I'm only in-between those two so XD XD XD
My Profile
Anime
Manga
osu! Profile
No Picture Available for me... lol.
Mar 3, 2019 8:08 AM

Aug 2017
kei was so godamn cute oh my god XD

the exams were so funny, Shirogane getting all excited in the toilets was adorable ^^

poor Ishigami... all he wants to do is play video games XD
Mar 3, 2019 8:51 AM

May 2016
Need DHA..... mmmmmm, dried sardines........ :' )
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 3, 2019 8:59 AM

Jul 2014
I felt something off from Kei when I first saw her... its the eyes, the anime made her eyes a tad more pointy than her manga ver.

Anime being sneaky tho, having Kei wear shorts instead of pants. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 3, 2019 9:00 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Freaking adorable episode~~
Which each decision the staff does, they just gain more and more of my trust for this adaptation, which is insane considering adapting the manga material was not going to be easy...
Their decision to pick on a later chapter, and insert it with earlier one worked wonderfully here, it was nice to see Ishigami getting all this development early on, seeing her teaching him gives me some warm feels like when I see Chika teaching Shirogane's, the main cast is such a win on this series!
Seeing Kaguya and Shirogane competting eachother in getting first, then faking that wasnt anything special about the results, but then expressing their reals feelings like that, priceless and darn adorable.

And least not forget:
JiangHaoyi1979 said:

Well then the quintessential imouto appears .

Kei's DEBUT!! Kawaii~~
Her art on the manga makes even a bigger expression there, but I was pleased with seeing her adapted finally, and for those that didnt notice, it is not only Kaguya that is fawning over Kei, Kei is too, she was soo nervous not knowing how to act near Kaguya... CUTE!! xD
PlaycoolMar 3, 2019 9:03 AM
Mar 3, 2019 9:10 AM

Jun 2014
zalapeno said:
finally the most beautiful girl appeared, a.k.a KEI CHAANNNN
omg im in love since her first appearance in the manga. and now seeing her in anime with great VA made me fall for her even more lol. but sadly, this is the first and last time i see her in this season (probably, i hope there will be another episodes of her)

overall, good episode and well adaptation. thankyou A-1 for making this anime great!

She'll probably appear once more in the season in the chapter where
. Apart from that yeah she won't appear much this season.
Mar 3, 2019 9:14 AM

Jul 2016
is it just me or this aniime is getting boring and boring
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.