Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 2, 2019 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, Kei Shirogane showed up in this show. Nice, always been looking forward to her appearance.

Funny to see the grades drama this episode too. Speaking of grades, Ishigami seems to be in trouble and I find the dramatic effect of the story angle to be quite amusing. They nailed it with his character reactions.
Mar 2, 2019 7:11 AM

Apr 2015
As expected, for them to include a chapter 20+ chapters ahead of the others turned out to be an amazing inclusion.

By putting Ishigami's chapter here we get to see some stuff that gives him more depth beyond his typical jokes. On top of that people get to see how the existing character dynamic of Ishigami being scared of Kaguya gets developed to something more. Really like how they handled the more somber & emotional bits too.

Mar 2, 2019 8:28 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Kei-chan is a cutie. Love her already. <3
I love how the first segment played out, with Kaguya cursing Chika with everything she's got and the moment she got invited to go out with them, she did a full 180. XDD

The narration in the second segment about the exams was so top tier, I couldn't stop laughing. XD

Really loving how despite all the comedy and hilarious jokes, they always find a way to give every episode a nice heartwarming ending. :)
Mar 2, 2019 8:33 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Ehh, not that good of an episode....

USO DE ARU. This man here is still internally raving about the newest episode!

First part was really good. Not only is it the first time we get to see Kei, but it's also the first time we get to see Daddy Shirogane. Hopefully we get a second season where we get to see some of Daddy Shirogane's antics. Lol, that change in feelings for Fujiwara XD

Second part was hilarious! Ishigami truly lives on the edge. Yay to Shirogane for holding the first spot. Man's so happy, he started shadowboxing for no reason XD

I'm really happy that they decided to do adapt chapter 55 this early on. Within the first season, people will get to see that Ishigami's popularity is not only because of his suicide joke. He gets nicknamed "our guy" for many reasons, and this is one of them. And we also get to see Kaguya care for her kouhai too. After all, the only people that are truly support him are Kaguya and the prez.
Mar 2, 2019 8:33 AM

Jul 2014
Felt nothing off from the huge chapter jump, really played it well.

I noticed the title for the 3rd part didnt have a PT1, probably doesnt mean much but I have a feeling we wont be getting a season 2 anytime soon.
As for the episode they really adapted it well with some cool og stuffs to boot, that Shirogane shadow boxing was done to perfection and Kaguya's serious face when she talked to those 2 girls shittin on Ishigami was great, Koga Aoi plays Kaguya really freaking well that its scary.
I still feel off from Ishi's VA but other than that, great ep.

NEP is gonna be some epic fun shit!
PS. Anime Kei!!! FINALLY! and a mini screen time Moeha too.
Mar 2, 2019 8:34 AM

Dec 2017
pretty nice episode, while the first half was mostly comedy, the second half was about building Kaguya's character a bit, that caring character of hers... yeah..

also, lots of funny Kaguya facial expressions in this one. especially the depressed ones

Mar 2, 2019 8:37 AM

Apr 2016
I feel ya Ishigami, my brother.

PS: "Shut up, drop dead", yep ... thats the imouto for ya xD
Mar 2, 2019 8:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
As a longtime fan of the manga, I cannot stop expressing my delight at such a good adaptation done by the studio. They've just nailed it. Kaguya and Shirogane's internal monologues are absolutely hilarious.

The imouto has entered the scene. Always thought that her and Saka Saka could look like sisters too.

Foreshadowing for our boy Ishigami too here.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 2, 2019 8:51 AM

Oct 2018
The face of your Mom after she finds you out...
Mar 2, 2019 8:52 AM

May 2016
So we get introduced to Shirogane's little sister this time. She's pretty cute! Awesome episode as always. Curious to see what happens to Ishigami after all that drama.

On a side note, I happened to come across this awesome Eurobeat remix of the OP this morning!
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Mar 2, 2019 8:57 AM

Nov 2016
Ishigami is indeed my spirit animal, studying was never my forte either xD Nice Ashita no Joe hommage btw.

Another highlight in this episode were the reactions over the results, Shiroganes in particular was priceless.

Chika was also great, love it how she always (more or less delibaretely or not)meddles with Kaguyas plans xD

And I hope we get to see more of her sisters soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 2, 2019 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
Another brilliant episode.

The first half was funny. Seeing Miyuki Shirogane's reaction was also funny.

Mar 2, 2019 9:13 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Brilliant episode, as always!

Kei Shirogane is even more adorable than I imagined she’d be. Kaguya’s delusional attempts at befriending her were hilarious, but there’s always Chika to ruin it xD. “Cancer to humanity”, lol. Even the sudden change to abruptly changing gears to positivity of Chika’s Character was hilarious! Looks like Kei’s a little enthralled by Kaguya, sweet stuff! “Shut Up. Drop Dead!”, ah the typical imouto lol, poor Miyuki.

Lol, the exam arc was pretty darn hilarious in its own ways too! Narrator did an especially wonderful job here, it was nice to see the exam dilemma from everyone’s perspectives. I find it so very funny that Chika was actually serious there and her position dropping like that was hilarious too! Great psychology battle b/w Miyuki and Kaguya here, as always! Lots of intensity and tension yet again, but seeing Miyuki celebratory punching and scream there was just perfection! Props to the VA there! Poor Kaguya though, her lips surely must’ve hurt a ton. Her frustration was later shortly emphasised too and lol Hayasaka was sarcastic as always.

Ishigami managed to escape this time, or did he lol? Apparently not, the poor lad. Kaguya’s torture scene was the most hilarious bit of this arc imo, she literally took out dried sardines and made him gulp the whole thing yikes xD and even managed to guess everything that Ishigami had in his mind. Kaguya is always one step ahead, no kidding fam. Lol @ those attempts of running away from her though, loved the way they showed those snappy little clips of the 5 Days! Kaguya stepping in for Ishigami there towards the end was really nice to watch though, she really is a sweet and caring person after all. Miyuki was just about to say it there dang it lol! I can see why Miyuki would fall head over heels over her now. Poor Ishigami though, just when he thought Kaguya might’ve been a cool person all along, her pride came in the way and he was back to square one lmao.

Eagerly looking forward to the next episode, as the usual! We’re already 8 episodes in and while it saddens me that we’ll only be getting 4 more of this glorious anime, I really hope it ends on a great note! I mean, I know for sure that it will but I hope it’ll end on an even better note than my expectations!
Regardless, I’ll definitely pick up the manga after the anime end whether or not there’ll be a Season 2 announcement.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 2, 2019 9:19 AM

Mar 2016
I was shocked when Ishigami's results had improved. Didn't think Kaguya was capable of being so kind.

Love how Ishigami ran away when Kaguya wanted to speak with him alone.

I was just waiting for Shirogane's sister to call Fujiwara 'nee-san'. haha.
Mar 2, 2019 9:26 AM

Dec 2013
Kei Shirogane best girl.
Mar 2, 2019 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
This is the best episode so far. I am so impressed with this adaptation. Can't wait to see how they deal with the season final.
Mar 2, 2019 9:44 AM

May 2013
Hello there, i'm getting some weird contradctions about Kaguya's realself.

She's kind, she's brute, she's cute, she's scare, she's a double-faced, she's a true friend, she loves, she hates, she hurt, she take care, she's honest, she lies.

Really whatta heck is even going on here?
Kaguya is like someone living in an EDGE, a very thin one xD
Mar 2, 2019 9:45 AM

Jul 2012
Kei Shirogane, imouto is here! Love how Fujiwara can easily win Kaguya over after unintentionally making her into "horror state", i think i had same thought in manga.
Funny how prez and Kaguya were lying and Chika here simply follows them.
Still amazed how great the adaptation is and the horror scenes are the best!
Ishigami, my soulmate!
Mar 2, 2019 9:49 AM

Jan 2009
It's interesting how different reactions can be. I thought that the last episode was relatively poor (I really am not big on wiener jokes) and this episode was outstanding. Why? Because we're finally starting to really flesh out the characters more and more. These chapters are what makes Kaguya-sama such a great show in the end.

Yet, some people obviously rather zone in on the fact that there were fewer drop-dead funny scenes. I'd still prefer substance over fluff :)
Mar 2, 2019 10:03 AM

Nov 2007
And Thus Ishigami Closed His Eyes. T_T

If anime-only guys are wondering, it's a three-parter that gets extended further in the Kaguya-sama universe. You guys will never know if you don't read the manga!

Ishigami doesn't know. Manga readers know.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 2, 2019 10:04 AM

Mar 2014
Ishigami and Kaguya's relationship never fails to amuse me XD Their interactions are just too funny. Playing videogames during final exams period and getting low grades is relatable. I'm really glad Kaguya supported him when those girls were talking shit, I didn't expect anything less from her.

Poor Chika, her grades have been steadily going downhill because of Miyuki and Kaguya's lies lol. She's just too gullible and honest x) Kei Shirogane is cute, I hope we see more of her in the next episodes!
Mar 2, 2019 10:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a mid school student visiting the high school divisions student council now thats a scary experience. So the younger sister of Miyuki huh. Using the sister to improve her chances huh a cunning move. Chika sure threw a wrench in Kaguya's plot there lol. Guess Miyuki for all his prowess also needs last minute cramming as well. Final exams sure are a complex affair. Kaguya and Miyuki's reactions after seeing the results were just hillarious with Miyuki's being especially so. Kaguya sure went far with helping Yu with studying though. While it was good seeing them all pass seems that Yu's image of Kaguya only got worst.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2019 10:10 AM

Apr 2013
Aww! The senoirs do care about their kouhai! And as always this episode was hilarious.
I have to admit when I first started watching the show i really didn't think much of it, but it has surprisingly grown on me. Will definitely read the manga after the anime ends.

P.S.
Is it just me or does unkempt Ishigami look hotter than the normal one?
Mar 2, 2019 10:17 AM

Jan 2016
O U R G U Y

Anyways Shirogane's little sister's hair color is different from what I imagined, not that I'm complaining because it really suits her.

Also, the bad reviews so far for Kaguya-sama summed up are something like this:

IT'S EPISODIC AND IT'S NOT SERIOUS = BAD OR AVERAGE

That's a low standard even by MALs already low standards for reviews.

I mean the same way that people can give an 8/10 manga a 7/10 because of the lazy art and animation people should also be able to score an anime more than it's manga counterpart because of how good the direction and animation is.
Like seriously I haven't seen a studio adapt something with so much care and love since David Productions started adapting JoJo
Mar 2, 2019 10:20 AM
Sep 2018
Man, this anime adaptation is beyond perfection. It has so much love in it. Like, the narrator nailed his job, soundtrack in the background always perfect, all of the seiyuu is on point, the writing itself is the one that making it beyond perfection. By the way, anime watcher will never know how much us,manga readers want to see "that" Ishigami.
Mar 2, 2019 10:29 AM

Jul 2016

Really like this series so far. Will try reading the manga when I have free time~
Wiii Ishigami without his bangs uwu My fave char of this anime atm :3
yuzurachiiMar 2, 2019 10:35 AM
Mar 2, 2019 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
Yet again, we press F to pay respects for our Ishigami-kun
Mar 2, 2019 10:34 AM
Jan 2019
-Stray said:
Felt nothing off from the huge chapter jump, really played it well.

I noticed the title for the 3rd part didnt have a PT1, probably doesnt mean much but I have a feeling we wont be getting a season 2 anytime soon.
As for the episode they really adapted it well with some cool og stuffs to boot, that Shirogane shadow boxing was done to perfection and Kaguya's serious face when she talked to those 2 girls shittin on Ishigami was great, Koga Aoi plays Kaguya really freaking well that its scary.
I still feel off from Ishi's VA but other than that, great ep.

NEP is gonna be some epic fun shit!
PS. Anime Kei!!! FINALLY! and a mini screen time Moeha too.
yeah why did they do that? they dont need to adapt chapter 55 so early. I think we are not gonna see 2. season at least 2 years.(I am a manga reader so I dont really care :) if u can go read it)
Mar 2, 2019 10:34 AM
Jan 2019
This is definitely my favourite anime of the season. I don't think I've ever been so invested in a relationship before, like goddamn. It was nice to get some of Kaguya's more concerned side this episode, and I love how her character is being portrayed.
Mar 2, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Kei introduce this episode. Second part is about exam and its hilarious "that was a lie" chapter. Third part is about Ishigami serious chapter sneak peek. And some funny moments with Kaguya. Overall its amazing episode.

Mar 2, 2019 10:39 AM

Sep 2011
I think the Ishigami chapter works surprisingly well despite it jumping like 30 chapters ahead. It really will add a bit more weight to the more emotional moments coming in a few episodes.

Nothing really else to say about the ep that hasnt been said for the past few weeks, the directing and acting is spectacular and its honestly so good that it might be better than the manga.

But man i cant wait for next week, might be my fav ep so far if it does it well
JizzyHitlerMar 2, 2019 10:45 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 2, 2019 10:40 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This alongside Mob 102 is undoubtedly the best this season.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 2, 2019 11:02 AM

May 2018

Well then the quintessential imouto appears .

Ishigami passes thanks to Kaguya, but still pissed of since he only got a passing.
Mar 2, 2019 11:12 AM
Feb 2019
samsann said:

She's kind, she's brute, she's cute, she's scare, she's a double-faced, she's a true friend, she loves, she hates, she hurt, she take care, she's honest, she lies.

I think in the manga, Fujiwara did admit that Kaguya is a little bit mentally/ emotionally unstable
likemangaMar 2, 2019 11:19 AM
Mar 2, 2019 11:19 AM
Feb 2019
I think that there is some little details in the anime adaptation that would be missed or different from the manga. The book Shirogane is holding when he stand outside the library is advanced French, indicating that he still studied after the French party arc
Mar 2, 2019 11:29 AM

Feb 2018
R2 said:
Aww! The senoirs do care about their kouhai! And as always this episode was hilarious.
I have to admit when I first started watching the show i really didn't think much of it, but it has surprisingly grown on me. Will definitely read the manga after the anime ends.

P.S.
Is it just me or does unkempt Ishigami look hotter than the normal one?

what do you mean? he is always hot as hell. (but, yes)
Mar 2, 2019 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
"But that was a lie!" Chapter adapted, I'm shadowboxing of happiness.

That scene with Kaguya and Ishigami at the library was freaking beautiful.
Mar 2, 2019 12:05 PM

Aug 2018
samsann said:

In other words, she's a human being. We're bundles of contradictions and Kaguya is trying to figure it all out the same as we are.
Set SCE to AUX
Mar 2, 2019 12:08 PM

Mar 2016
MV-P said:
Ishigami's middle School arc is about to come, "now where did I keep my tissues". Also the next episode will also probably show how Kaguya and Shirogane met. I am so excited.

Ishigami middle school arc in s2 of little after that.
And no, next chapter is an arc (the first one in the series) that has no relation in how they met.
Mar 2, 2019 12:10 PM

Aug 2014
I was thinking how much they would change chapter 55 for it to makes sense appearing right now in the anime (like Kaguya motivation to help Ishigami, which comes from another chapter that have not been animated yet), but I guess I didn't see the easier solution: just tie it up with the Final Exams chapter. So even though they did a 30 chapter skip from the manga, it doesn't feel out of place, it flows naturally and makes a lot of sense.

And once again the anime exceeded my expectations, another great episode, Kei introduction was on point (as was her VA), Kaguya reactions amazing as always, Shirogane shadowboxing also perfectly animated haha. My only complaint would be that we didn't see "part 1" or something like that in Ishigami episode, which could serve to hype the sequel to his story arc. Though I guess at this point the anime viewers are already VERY interested in seeing Ishigami's past, and how his kouhai/senpai relationship with Kaguya will progress from now on.

Damn, it's almost regrettable that the manga gets amazing from chapter 44 onwards, so we won't be seeing the best chapters this season. But at least this means a future season 2 will be SO MUCH BETTER than this one.
Mar 2, 2019 12:39 PM

Nov 2014
i love the way they brought in the last part, it connected perfectly with the second part
also we got a shot of ishigami when he was in middle school in the end.
this adaptation can't get any better.
...actually, it can.
if the book Prez was reading was actually Advanced French
Mar 2, 2019 12:40 PM
Sep 2018
Kfier said:
I was thinking how much they would change chapter 55 for it to makes sense appearing right now in the anime (like Kaguya motivation to help Ishigami, which comes from another chapter that have not been animated yet), but I guess I didn't see the easier solution: just tie it up with the Final Exams chapter. So even though they did a 30 chapter skip from the manga, it doesn't feel out of place, it flows naturally and makes a lot of sense.

And once again the anime exceeded my expectations, another great episode, Kei introduction was on point (as was her VA), Kaguya reactions amazing as always, Shirogane shadowboxing also perfectly animated haha. My only complaint would be that we didn't see "part 1" or something like that in Ishigami episode, which could serve to hype the sequel to his story arc. Though I guess at this point the anime viewers are already VERY interested in seeing Ishigami's past, and how his kouhai/senpai relationship with Kaguya will progress from now on.

Damn, it's almost regrettable that the manga gets amazing from chapter 44 onwards, so we won't be seeing the best chapters this season. But at least this means a future season 2 will be SO MUCH BETTER than this one.

What else that A-1 needs for season 2? The anime? I heard that the anime is really popular in Japan. Even the opening blew up in Japan. Sike,it's even getting a live action that will be airing this year. It's definitely popular,there's no reason for A-1 Pictures to waste this potential pile of money.
Mar 2, 2019 12:42 PM

Jul 2014
I really liked the introduction of Kei Shirogane, but the second battle wasn't as good, as it relied way too much on the narrator for the humour, so that didn't really work for me. The final battle was pretty good though, with some nice development for Ishigami.
Mar 2, 2019 12:49 PM

Mar 2017
That's why I love the character relationships in this anime so much.

Kaguya and Ishigami = Siblings
Chika and Shirogane = Mother and son lol.

I said it as a joke. But it's actually the truth.
Mar 2, 2019 12:54 PM

Apr 2013
Welp...I want Kaguya to whip me, so there's that.
Mar 2, 2019 1:05 PM
Apr 2016
Good episode. Kaguya was helping Ishigami study, he managed to pass, somehow.
Mar 2, 2019 2:07 PM
Oct 2018
at which chapter was this animated?
Mar 2, 2019 2:09 PM

Dec 2013
Dafuq is this????

Mar 2, 2019 2:23 PM
Nov 2018
It was an amazing episode as always, but I personally didn't find it as comedic as other episodes. It was slightly more serious than usual. But then again, it was almost not serious at all
Mar 2, 2019 2:23 PM

Aug 2017
Kaguya faces were funny this episode and it was nice to see her caring for Ishigami. Was also fun to see Chika ruin Kaguya plan.

Seriously the whole cast is amazing in this anime and I laugh almost every time.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.