Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 12, 2019 2:13 PM

Apr 2015
Episode one: 1, 12, 5

Episode two: 11, 7, 6

Episode three: 14, 8, 9

Episode four: 17, 18, 19, 20 (French arc)

Episode five: 16, 23, 21

Episode six: 24, 28, 25 (Our guy) (Chapter 28- Fujiwara wants to test)

Episode seven: 26, 29, 27

Episode eight: 39, 31, 55 (32 confirmed removed)

Episode nine: 33, 34, 35 (Sick arc, chapter 36 confirmed removed)

Episode ten: 37, 38, 40

Episode eleven: 42, 43, 41, 44

Episode twelve: 45, 46

Source: https://kaguya.love/story/

Chapters 2, 3, 4, 13, 15, 22, 32, 36 WILL NOT BE ADAPTED
10 wasn't officially confirmed but the series is over halfway so there is pretty much no hope.

Reminder, the series has 12 episodes and 45 to adapt, so 8 will be removed. (Episode 4 adapted 4 chapters instead of 3)
MxxxstationMar 23, 2019 8:02 AM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 12, 2019 2:16 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Mohammadalmannai said:

Movie arc will be opted out according to Twitter, so chapters 2-5 will be removed
Reminder, the series has 12 chapters and 45 to adapt, so 9 will be removed.

Is it explicitly mentioned that it will adapt first 45 chaps?
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 13, 2019 7:00 AM

Apr 2015
cchigu said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Movie arc will be opted out according to Twitter, so chapters 2-5 will be removed

Nope but chapter 45 is a perfect place to end it as going beyond that it will have a different formula into the comedy.
Jan 13, 2019 11:00 AM

Apr 2014
Depends on how much they want to maintain the status quo in the anime, as I do think it gets rather boring after a while of the same stuff. I would not mind at all if they adapt the first 45 chapters faster to leave more stuff for some relationship "progress".
Jan 14, 2019 1:01 AM

Nov 2015
I assume you mean "I can't hear the fireworks" is the last episode. I was thinking the same and honestly as much as that arc was great its a shame this anime doesnt hsve more episodes and end on
Bronos23Jan 14, 2019 6:00 AM
You cannot spell Light without L
Jan 14, 2019 3:28 AM

Nov 2018
Bronos23 said:
I assume you mean "I can't hear the fireworks" is the last episode. I was thinking the same and honestly as much as that arc was great its a shame this anime doesnt hsve more episodes and end on Shirogane ending his term as President
thanks for the spoiler.....
Jan 14, 2019 5:58 AM

Nov 2015
honeycrush said:
Bronos23 said:
I assume you mean "I can't hear the fireworks" is the last episode. I was thinking the same and honestly as much as that arc was great its a shame this anime doesnt hsve more episodes and end on Shirogane ending his term as President
thanks for the spoiler.....
i did that on purpose! Hehe Dont worry i didnt spoil anything
You cannot spell Light without L
Jan 14, 2019 12:05 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Mohammadalmannai said:
cchigu said:

Nope but chapter 45 is a perfect place to end it as going beyond that it will have a different formula into the comedy.

What is this different formula you guys keep talking about??
On chapter 56 and havent seen a diference, and not that I care, I love it as it is.
Jan 14, 2019 12:10 PM

Sep 2011
Playcool said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

On chapter 56 and havent seen a diference, and not that I care, I love it as it is.
the mind games stop almost outright, series starts to gain an overarching continuity, lots of characters development especially from ishigami which results in dynamic changes, more shifts towards dramatic or serious subject matter, side characters get introduced and far more fleshed out, and the big one

you are like at the very early parts of where things start picking up more and the overal feel of the series changes a bit, it still retains the exact same sense of humor but far less formulaic and far less if not devoid of episodic structure. The series has evolved greatly since where it started at which is probably why i think people will be scratching their heads at why everyone loves it so much since the anime wont get that far.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 14, 2019 12:18 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Playcool said:

the mind games stop almost outright, series starts to gain an overarching continuity, lots of characters development especially from ishigami which results in dynamic changes, more shifts towards dramatic or serious subject matter, side characters get introduced and far more fleshed out, and the big one

you are like at the very early parts of where things start picking up more and the overal feel of the series changes a bit, it still retains the exact same sense of humor but far less formulaic and far less if not devoid of episodic structure. The series has evolved greatly since where it started at which is probably why i think people will be scratching their heads at why everyone loves it so much since the anime wont get that far.

LOOL
It is being what the manga has been so far, and me loving it soo much, that has made call it the best romcom I ever read/watched... curious what my opinion will be later on.
Jan 14, 2019 12:53 PM

Sep 2011
Playcool said:
JizzyHitler said:

LOOL
It is being what the manga has been so far, and me loving it soo much, that has made call it the best romcom I ever read/watched... curious what my opinion will be later on.
I mean ive seen a few people voice they miss the focus on mind games, it seems like pretty overwhelmingly the series has gotten more popular and well received since its moved on from them.

keep in mind just cause mind games fade away (sometimes coming back briefly) the sense of humor is still the same

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 16, 2019 8:39 AM

Sep 2011
God i pray the french chapter somehow makes its way into this adaption, though its unlikley.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 17, 2019 6:40 AM

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
God i pray the french chapter somehow makes its way into this adaption, though its unlikley.

Honestly same, it can be adapted with a few other tricks, and the French chapter is one of my personal favorites.
Jan 17, 2019 6:46 AM
Sep 2018
Well alright then
Jan 17, 2019 8:36 AM

Nov 2007
Mohammadalmannai said:
JizzyHitler said:

Honestly same, it can be adapted with a few other tricks, and the French chapter is one of my personal favorites.

The French chapter will probably skyrocket Kaguya's popularity amongst anime only fans so it would be really nice if it got adapted.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 18, 2019 7:05 AM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

The French chapter will probably skyrocket Kaguya's popularity amongst anime only fans so it would be really nice if it got adapted.
it'd skyrocket it if they pull it off, i think the reason so many of us dont think it will get adapted in the first place is simply cause it seemed pretty reliant on the format of manga to deliver its punchlines. I'm not sure what they could do to make it work in something that has actual audio. I guess some sort of static or gibberish, but I dont know if that'd have the same comedic punch.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 18, 2019 7:41 AM

Nov 2007
JizzyHitler said:
shanimebib said:

it'd skyrocket it if they pull it off, i think the reason so many of us dont think it will get adapted in the first place is simply cause it seemed pretty reliant on the format of manga to deliver its punchlines. I'm not sure what they could do to make it work in something that has actual audio. I guess some sort of static or gibberish, but I dont know if that'd have the same comedic punch.

ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–¼ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā–¼ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā–¼ā—†ā—¼ā–¼ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–²ā–¼ā–¼
ā–¼ā–²ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–¼ā–²ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–¼ā—¼ā–¼ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā–¼ā—†ā—¼ā–²
ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā–¼ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā—†ā—¼ā–¼ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–²ā–¼
ā—¼ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–¼ā—¼ā—†ā–¼ā—†ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā—†ā–¼
ā–²ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–¼ā—¼ā–¼ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā–¼ā—†ā–²ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā–²ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā—¼
ā—¼ā–¼ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā—†ā–²ā–¼ā–¼ā—†ā–¼ā—¼ā—†ā–¼ā—†ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā—†?

Coronavirus.
Jan 18, 2019 7:45 AM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
JizzyHitler said:

ā—¼ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–¼ā—¼ā—†ā–¼ā—†ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā—†ā–¼
ā–²ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–¼ā—¼ā–¼ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā–¼ā—†ā–²ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā–²ā—¼ā–¼ā–²ā—¼
ā—¼ā–¼ā—†ā—¼ā–²ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā—†ā–²ā–¼ā–¼ā—†ā–¼ā—¼ā—†ā–¼ā—†ā–¼ā–²ā—¼ā—†?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 21, 2019 12:33 PM
Jan 2009
I just need a faithful adaptation of chapter 31
Jan 26, 2019 9:55 AM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

woot it is, now we just need to see how they adapt it. I'm semi-cautious despite the staff doing such a stellar job thus far cause i still dont know how you can adapt it to the same degree of comedic timing.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 26, 2019 10:11 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
How the fuck are they going to adapt the french chapter properly? Those abuses would only look cool in manga imo.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jan 26, 2019 10:14 AM

Sep 2011
cchigu said:
How the fuck are they going to adapt the french chapter properly? Those abuses would only look cool in manga imo.
People on /a/ seem to think glitched creepy voices would work best. I kind of picture that working cause the gag works best when theres a sharp contrast. Like imagine the girl speaking regular french only to cut to shirogane's point of view and just hear maybe a faster more loud version of this

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 26, 2019 10:15 AM

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
shanimebib said:

woot it is, now we just need to see how they adapt it. I'm semi-cautious despite the staff doing such a stellar job thus far cause i still dont know how you can adapt it to the same degree of comedic timing.

Honestly, one thing that comes to mind to adapt four chapters is skip the OP and ED.
Second, I think they can find at least three VAs that can speak French instead of the actual VAs themselves, or they can just make some gibberish sound. Who knows but I have faith it will be hilarious, maybe not the same degree as the manga but I would like to see how they try, it could be iconic among the anime community.

cchigu said:

Hopefully the creative team knows what they are doing, it might not be the same hilarity as the manga but it could be funny nevertheless.
Jan 26, 2019 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
Guessing they will use sound effects and narrator for the French chapter (and hoping they will actually adapt that extra too) but I am more interested to see Hayasaka and Papa Shirogane in the next episode.
Jan 26, 2019 2:02 PM

Jun 2014
Oh boy I just skimmed through the 4 chapters for episode 4, to me they are a lot more funny than the one that got adapted thus far.

Let's hope 4 chapter that episode won't feel rushed since I'm really looking forward to all the 4 getting a good adaptation.
Feb 2, 2019 7:11 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
No Ishigami even in the next episode. I hope they don't skip ch 22 tho, there are so many cutesy moments in there.
Feb 2, 2019 8:44 AM

Apr 2015
cchigu said:
No Ishigami even in the next episode. I hope they don't skip ch 22 tho, there are so many cutesy moments in there.

My guess is episode 6 and for sure 7 that he will show up
Feb 2, 2019 11:45 AM

Nov 2007
My boy Yuu will have to wait for a further while I see.
Coronavirus.
Feb 2, 2019 3:58 PM

Sep 2011
I was honestly expecting them to introduce ishigami early cause of the skipping around chapters, but i guess episode 6 is an ok spot to put it, right in the middle onward.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 9, 2019 9:38 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
\O U R G U Y/ Hype! Man, I hope that we get a season 2, this anime has been so fun till now.
Feb 9, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2015
Mohammadalmannai said:

Episode six: 24, 28, 25 (Our guy)

Chapter 15, 22 WILL NOT BE ADAPTED

Fyi, might want to make a few corrections:

- 2-4 are not getting adapted, 5 is the wiener skit which was the third skit in episode 1.
- 13 is also confirmed to be skipped. The only remaining chapter not adapted or confirmed to be skipped now out of the first 25 is chapter 10.
Feb 9, 2019 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
Does anyone remember if the kaguya being sick chapter was in the first 45 chapters, id love to see that get adapted with these va's

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 9, 2019 11:35 AM

Apr 2015
appu1232 said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Chapter 15, 22 WILL NOT BE ADAPTED

Fyi, might want to make a few corrections:

- 2-4 are not getting adapted, 5 is the wiener skit which was the third skit in episode 1.
- 13 is also confirmed to be skipped. The only remaining chapter not adapted or confirmed to be skipped now out of the first 25 is chapter 10.

Thank you for the corrections! Didn't notice that the wiener was chapter 5.
It's a shame 13 will not get adapted :(

JizzyHitler said:
Does anyone remember if the kaguya being sick chapter was in the first 45 chapters, id love to see that get adapted with these va's

Yep, it's in volume 3.
Feb 9, 2019 11:36 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Yeah, that was chapter 35.
Feb 9, 2019 11:37 AM

Sep 2011
Mohammadalmannai said:

JizzyHitler said:

Yep, it's in volume 3.
sweet, i loved that chapters when i was first reading through it cause it was the start of the series starting to take a bit more of a serious touch with its characters, thats also why i doubt theres much chance of it being skipped.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 9, 2019 11:41 AM

Apr 2015
JizzyHitler said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Yep, it's in volume 3.
sweet, i loved that chapters when i was first reading through it cause it was the start of the series starting to take a bit more of a serious touch with its characters, thats also why i doubt theres much chance of it being skipped.

It's also one of my favorite post-fireworks chapters, plus 100% it will not be skipped since it is a 3-4 chapters story arc.

I think most chapters after our guy will not be skipped as those have more impact on future stories

It's a shame that the board game chapter (the one where the student council plays a game Chika invented and ended up 'marrying' Shirogane) is after fireworks.
Feb 9, 2019 11:49 AM

Sep 2011
Mohammadalmannai said:
JizzyHitler said:

It's also one of my favorite post-fireworks chapters, plus 100% it will not be skipped since it is a 3-4 chapters story arc.

I think most chapters after our guy will not be skipped as those have more impact on future stories

It's a shame that the board game chapter (the one where the student council plays a game Chika invented and ended up 'marrying' Shirogane) is after fireworks.
I kind of hope they will do that but I think theres still a few chapters on the chopping block to make it to the fireworks. I do actually hope the series ends with them adapting the first post fireworks chapter as the final bit, that or add an anime only tease of miko.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 9, 2019 12:01 PM

Mar 2016
Too many good chapters not being adapted, but short after the apparition of Ishigami all chapters are important in plot terms...
Feb 9, 2019 9:28 PM

May 2016
That is cruel I love every chapter of the manga, the only good thing is if we are lucky we get another season soon.

Oh that and that we can see one of the best scenes in the manga: "I can't hear the fireworks"
Feb 10, 2019 8:09 AM

Mar 2016
LastLuminescence said:
That is cruel I love every chapter of the manga, the only good thing is if we are lucky we get another season soon.

Oh that and that we can see one of the best scenes in the manga: "I can't hear the fireworks"

Fireworks will be the finale of this season
And due to popularity we should get soon a 2nd season. Maybe in 2020
Feb 10, 2019 9:18 AM
Feb 2016
Mohammadalmannai said:

Movie arc will be opted out according to Twitter, so chapters 2-4 will be removed
Chapters 13, 15, 22 WILL NOT BE ADAPTED
Reminder, the series has 12 chapters and 45 to adapt, so 8 will be removed. (Episode 4 adapted 4 chapters instead of 3)

Wait why is this anime adapting chapters out of order? That seems kinda weird
Feb 10, 2019 9:32 AM

Jun 2014
Supersky said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

Movie arc will be opted out according to Twitter, so chapters 2-4 will be removed
Chapters 13, 15, 22 WILL NOT BE ADAPTED
Reminder, the series has 12 chapters and 45 to adapt, so 8 will be removed. (Episode 4 adapted 4 chapters instead of 3)

Some chapters works better at the end of the episode, while some works better at the beginning of the episode, and since it has a pretty episodic nature at the start they can skip around and get to even better part earlier.
Feb 10, 2019 9:35 AM
Feb 2016
Thai777 said:
Supersky said:

Some chapters works better at the end of the episode, while some works better at the beginning of the episode, and since it has a pretty episodic nature at the start they can skip around and get to even better part earlier.

Yeah I guess it actually works more, since they're episodic and can happen in any particular order. And I must say it's definitely working because I'm loving this adaptation so far
Feb 13, 2019 9:58 PM
Sep 2011
Mohammadalmannai said:

You might want to correct the middle story is "Fujiwara Chika want to test" is not chapter 28, but 31 (you can blame on the editor from Psylocke).
Feb 14, 2019 3:39 AM

Apr 2015
knossus said:
Mohammadalmannai said:

You might want to correct the middle story is "Fujiwara Chika want to test" is not chapter 28, but 31 (you can blame on the editor from Psylocke).

Thank you for the correction! Much appreciated.
Feb 14, 2019 11:32 AM

Apr 2015
Mohammadalmannai said:
knossus said:

Thank you for the correction! Much appreciated.

Er, this is misleading. The chapters were reordered in the volume release so chapter 28 became chapter 31, but it was in fact the 28th chapter to come out (shown as 18 here because the manga moved magazines after chapter 10 and did a soft-reboot with chapter 11 being 1) and this is how it's listed everywhere you read the manga online as well. I would keep it as chapter 28 if I were you. The volume release order isn't well known to most people.
appu1232Feb 14, 2019 11:35 AM
Feb 16, 2019 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
They are seriously adapting the wiener chapter? It's official. The people who made this anime are obsessed with Fujiwara.
Feb 16, 2019 9:23 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Chapter 29 is getting adapted! Holy shit, it is the funniest chapter in the whole manga for me.
Feb 16, 2019 9:35 AM

Apr 2015
With episode 7 chapters confirmed, production will choose from one of these two options imo:

a. Don't skip any more chapters and adapt (most of) sick arc with 4 chapters in one episode.
b. Skip one chapter (chapter 32 maybe) and adapt the remaining chapters with 3 chapters an episode.

I honestly prefer option b since I'd rather not see more jokes skipped out like in episode 4 (even though it was a fine episode, seeing "STOP" in catgirl skit and origami girl in french skit get skipped was sad).

This is the ideal way to adapt the rest of the chapters imo (mag chapter numbers, not volume order):

- Episode 8: 30, 31, 36 (fujimom pt 2, this was moved to before the sick arc in the volume releases as well so I see it happening early)
- Episode 9: 33, 34, 35
- Episode 10: 37, 38, 39
- Episode 11: 40, 41, 42
- Episode 12: 43, 44, 45

The order of 41-43 could very well be mixed up as well and still be fine (perhaps 43 in episode 11 instead and move 41 or 42 to episode 12 for a more dramatic episode altogether), but if they adapt like this, I will be more than happy. Another option that's probably not ideal but still fine would be to skip 37 (shortcake eating) but that would change up how sick arc is split up, not sure how though.
Feb 16, 2019 9:54 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Aw man, can't wait for chapter 26. "We need to get jobs!!"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama šŸ¤£

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2019

246 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:32 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.