Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, after that fight, it looks like Eugeo and Kirito manages to move on and progress further into the tower of floors.

Alice is also back! It's been awhile and honestly at this sage, I think they should be prepared for just about anything. Alice seems rather cold seeing them though. Speaking of which, I find her battle stance to be really dangerous leaving little openings. Not to mention, her sword attack itself is not something to take lightly.

Yup, this could be their biggest challenge so far yet. Kirito not holding back as expected while coordinating his attack with Eugeo.
Jan 26, 2019 7:31 AM

Nov 2007
They, a human, were doing it for justice, so it's strong.

She's dead... Main guy used the knife, so the librarian agreed to save her.

A maid appeared to lead them via elevator like object. She's been doing it for over 100 years and forgot her name.

Their next enemy is Alice girl. He failed to freeze her (She used the power of her sword to unfreeze it).

The wall collapsed and Alice girl and main guy fell, but the wall recovered on its own.

The title of next ep... are they trying to discuss for pause of war?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 26, 2019 7:58 AM
Oct 2012
Can't w8 for Next Fight. Hyyyyyyyyype :D

My favorite character of alicization gonna show up finally soon :D

not sure when it will happen tho, might be 2 EP later lol
Jan 26, 2019 8:52 AM

Dec 2010
What just happened at the end, lol?
I can't believe people said Alicization is the best arc in SAO. It's filled with pointless side characters and fights. The only blessing it's brought so far is best boy Eugeo.

God, can't wait till it's over.
Jan 26, 2019 8:53 AM

Sep 2017
Pedram said:
Can't w8 for Next Fight. Hyyyyyyyyype :D

My favorite character of alicization gonna show up finally soon :D

not sure when it will happen tho, might be 2 EP later lol
call him as 'big papi'
Jan 26, 2019 8:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That thing Kirito did to beat that woman looked dark as hell O_O Pretty sure that later, Kirito is gonna regret using that dagger to save her tho

But man, every time I see how people in this church has lost their memories, it makes me hate Administrator even more....This shit is wrong man TwT

Alice's sword being like Byakuya's Senbonzakura from Bleach put a smile on my face though and given what its made from, I'm not surprised to see how powerful it is

But I fucking knew that something was gonna happen that would have ended up messing up their plan to save Alice lol, god damn it xD If they gotta climb all the way back up that's gonna suck

But anyway, I just hope that nothing happens to Eugeo in the meantime

Jan 26, 2019 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Looks like Cardinal decided to take care of the Knight from last episode after she suffered major injuries.

Loving Alice's powers, they're pretty cool. I hope we get to see more of what she can do with her sword. It's essentially Byakuya's (Bleach) Senbonzakura right? xD

Kirito and Alice's little skirmish was quite cool. A1 really nailing the fights this season. :)
What happened at the end? It almost looks like someone triggered the wall break rather that it happening because of the clash.

Jan 26, 2019 9:02 AM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:

Alice's sword being like Byakuya's Senbonzakura from Bleach put a smile on my face though and given what its made from, I'm not surprised to see how powerful it is

Hah, glad to see we thought the exact same thing. XD
Jan 26, 2019 9:03 AM
Oct 2012
Tokoya said:
That thing Kirito did to beat that woman looked dark as hell O_O Pretty sure that later, Kirito is gonna regret using that dagger to save her tho

But man, every time I see how people in this church has lost their memories, it makes me hate Administrator even more....This shit is wrong man TwT

But I fucking knew that something was gonna happen that would have ended up messing up their plan to save Alice lol, god damn it xD If they gotta climb all the way back up that's gonna suck

u gonna hate quinella even more as e know more about her...
just look at the foreshadowing in the opening with her sitting on a throne of bloody skeleton and bloody swords around a pool of blood that she came out from lol
Jan 26, 2019 9:06 AM
Oct 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Good episode.

Looks like Cardinal decided to take care of the Knight from last episode after she suffered major injuries.

Loving Alice's powers, they're pretty cool. I hope we get to see more of what she can do with her sword. It's essentially Byakuya's (Bleach) Senbonzakura right? xD

Kirito and Alice's little skirmish was quite cool. A1 really nailing the fights this season. :)
What happened at the end? It almost looks like someone triggered the wall break rather that it happening because of the clash.

if i remember correctly from novel, i think it was both Kirito and Alice's sword power mixing and having an explosive power stronger than normal which destroyed the wall for a small sec before it regenerate back.

normally the wall regen fast enough that no matter how much u hit it, it repair itself before it break.
Jan 26, 2019 9:07 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Tokoya said:

Great minds think alike xD (Also, there's no way in the hell that the author didn't rip that from Bleach lol)
Jan 26, 2019 9:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pedram said:
Tokoya said:

u gonna hate quinella even more as e know more about her...
just look at the foreshadowing in the opening with her sitting on a throne of bloody skeleton and bloody swords around a pool of blood that she came out from lol
My body is ready then lol
Jan 26, 2019 9:08 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Kirito's enhanced armement sure ended that dual with Fanatio quite dramatically. But the injuries that he took sure was a lot. Despite the fact that she was an enemy it was nice seeing Kirito work so hard to save Fanatio. Hmm thats a long time elevator girl's been doing her job. The convo with her provided some interesting insight into the life of those that live within the church. The momentary peace between Alice and the two sure was nice. A nice calm before the storm moment. Impressive in that Alice's sword's true form was a tree. The dual between Alice and Kirito and Eugeo though was awesome and showed well the power that she commands. Though their combo attack was well executed Alice's sword sure put paid to that plan. That dual sure ended rather dramatically.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2019 9:13 AM

Sep 2018
Damn Alice is OP, and sad that the loli girls didnt join the Kirito Harem.....
well that's just my opinion.....
Jan 26, 2019 9:13 AM
Dec 2016
do guys think the fight scene is so slow just like in slow motion? xD
it's not so fun to watch the fight
Jan 26, 2019 9:26 AM
Jan 2018
Chevalsky said:

No clue why a-1 are using slow motion for
Jan 26, 2019 9:27 AM

Jul 2017
Fine episode. The little fight that Alice and Kirito had, had a predictable-ish end imo. But still, the episode did have some decent action.
Jan 26, 2019 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
Mariothedog said:
Why didn't Eugeo use the dagger when Alice was in the ice??

He was about to but Alice broke free too quickly.
Jan 26, 2019 9:37 AM

Aug 2010
eugeo - "waaah, waaah! i dont understand why integrity knights dont use their power for more"

what kirito shouldve said - "they are being mind controlled... you know this already!"
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Jan 26, 2019 9:40 AM

Nov 2016
Chevalsky said:

I dunno, but I thought it looked pretty cool and worked well with the dramatic OST.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 26, 2019 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
Alice sword is really terrifying... she was somehow able to push Kirito back and Kirito could barely have the time to react, either that sword is just way too over powered since it was a first creation thing, or it is Alice herself who is just strong, and have the technique to use it at the full potential. Also can someone confirm to me if the fight was suppose to be a little longer than this? I felt that it was way too short. I mean I might've spoiled myself for this light novel a long time ago. But I thought the fight here was suppose to be a little longer before Kirito and Alice blew each other out of the tower. I would be very grateful if somebody can let me know. Thanks!
Jan 26, 2019 9:49 AM
Oct 2012
Tokoya said:
Lelouch0202 said:

Great minds think alike xD (Also, there's no way in the hell that the author didn't rip that from Bleach lol)

Alicization was written in 2005, not sure when these Bakai stuff from Bleach was released or became popular tho.
if it was later, maybe they both rip it off from another less popular story and we dont know it :P
Jan 26, 2019 9:52 AM
Jan 2019
Another boring episode..
How come that Fanatio bounced upward instead of to the wall with that impact? Idiot logic

Again with the typical naive Jesus-kun trying to save her instead of killing, maybe kirito intended to make her join harem as well

Battle with alice was just like the other fights, so boring and lack of choreography. But at least episode 4 and 15 got some proper "fights".
I wonder if the director series and the animators are amateurs?

And what's with that slow motion? So lame

Quality dipping, animation getting worse, perhaps the staff didnt have any passion to do this series or the studio already ran out of budget?

I hope that 4cours episode is a joke
Jan 26, 2019 9:52 AM

Apr 2013
FMmatron said:
Chevalsky said:

I dunno, but I thought it looked pretty cool and worked well with the dramatic OST.

but at the same time, fast-fight scene in this series are more worked because of the intensity of the duel...just look on previous season when Asuna fight with Yuuki....
maybe a later fight we have it the intense-fight style I hope...
Jan 26, 2019 10:06 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, Alice is way more OP than i thought. Really enjoyed this episode, especially the action scenes as always. Waiting for next week!

PS: i wonder who broke the wall at the end.. someone trying to interfere with their fight i believe. Next ep. maybe we'll find out.
Jan 26, 2019 10:11 AM

Jul 2008
Chevalsky said:

It's explained in the novels. Alice's style uses single STRONG sword strikes instead of several fast moves. (Kirito is is totally blown away from those strikes this ep lol) Was it high norkia style..? or something. The style was mentioned before in the academy episodes too.

During the fight Kirito was surprised by how strong and threatening that style can actually be when performed by someone of that level. Previously Kirito looked down on that style.

Jan 26, 2019 10:18 AM

Nov 2011
Alice is saikou no cooooool!

Jan 26, 2019 10:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Bit too much of a Saber clone appearance-wise but ah well, at least the sword effect was pretty cool

That sure as hell was not how I expected the episode to end though
Jan 26, 2019 10:40 AM

Aug 2016
skyUFO said:
Chevalsky said:

It's explained in the novels. Alice's style uses single STRONG sword strikes instead of several fast moves. (Kirito is is totally blown away from those strikes this ep lol) Was it high norkia style..? or something. The style was mentioned before in the academy episodes too.

During the fight Kirito was surprised by how strong and threatening that style can actually be when performed by someone of that level. Previously Kirito looked down on that style.

Nope, it's not her style it's her sword that is extremely heavy because it's the strongest divine object as mentioned in the novel. Also about the speed it is not true either, in the novel Eugeo explain that the reason Kirito keep getting blown away and forced to receive her sword is because he can't avoid Alice's slash which is very quick to dodge. Of course it is also mentioned that she has a terrifying swordmanship too. He states that Kirito himself realized all of that and left him in shock and fear hahaha

In other words Alice is very OP yes, she's not only has strength and technique but also the best sword and speed. The reason it seems slow is the animation problem tho but can't be helped seeing the quality from previous episode would be hard to keep it from dropping.
whiters99Jan 26, 2019 10:44 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2019 10:40 AM

Mar 2018
tfw you are about to kill a boss and there is an update and you repop behind the wall.
Jan 26, 2019 10:45 AM

Feb 2013
Kirito's attack was awesome!
Alice is a Byakuya.
Jan 26, 2019 10:54 AM

Nov 2012
I feel the battle is underwhelming... Feel like a bad slow Tokyo Ghoul battle.. Especially if compared to the Goblin battle from way back then...

Hope next battle will be a lot more epic..

Jan 26, 2019 10:57 AM

Mar 2015
Good episode, one thing I like from this season are the sound effects. Tbh I just was waiting Alice to appear. Now to wait for Kirito to join Alice in the group, I suppose.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Jan 26, 2019 11:01 AM
Mar 2018
More exposition and idiotic fights lmao, truly the best arc!
Jan 26, 2019 11:08 AM

Sep 2015
SNDT said:

This is what happens when you think you are watching another serie, but no you are watching SAO :^)

PD: Slow motion was quite good, I liked the dramatic effect that was breathed in combat.
Jan 26, 2019 11:20 AM

Sep 2014
Lol that ending was unexpected.
Jan 26, 2019 11:33 AM

Feb 2016
SNDT said:
exposition? did we watch the same episode?
Jan 26, 2019 12:05 PM

Nov 2016
MrBluebear said:
FMmatron said:

but at the same time, fast-fight scene in this series are more worked because of the intensity of the duel...just look on previous season when Asuna fight with Yuuki....
maybe a later fight we have it the intense-fight style I hope...

Yeah, there are different styles depending on the scene in question and on what kind of feeling they tried to convey.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 26, 2019 12:08 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode, finally Alice is back!

Kirito's enchance armament is really powerfull, they defeated Fanatio and they managed to use dagger on her to save her, i am glad that Cardinal agreed with that!

They managed to reath 80th floor with help from elevater operated, that had a sad life always doing the same!

The floor 80th was really beautifull, i loved that garden!

Alice is so much powerfull and i love her sword power, i love to see her duel against Kirito, Kirito and Eogeo teamwork made them freeze Alice, but it wasn't enough, her sword's power set her free, Eogeo was really close to use dagger on her, but wall colapsed and both desapeared, and it ended with a clifhanger!

Wonder what will happen next episode with that title!

Tokoya said:

Lelouch0202 said:

It's essentially Byakuya's (Bleach) Senbonzakura right? xD

Both of you, really well mencioned, i find Alice's sword power familiar, and yes you remembered me about Byakuya's Senbonzakura!
Jan 26, 2019 12:23 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode.

Really liked how things went down between Kirito, Alice and Eugeo.

Alice is so damn strong lol, what a cliffhanger.

very excited for the next ep.
Jan 26, 2019 12:26 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pedram said:
Tokoya said:

Alicization was written in 2005, not sure when these Bakai stuff from Bleach was released or became popular tho.
if it was later, maybe they both rip it off from another less popular story and we dont know it :P
Bleach started in 2001 but the arc when Byakuya showed off Senbonzakura happened in 2005 or the year before, I'm not too certain since it was the specific volume containing that chapter that was released in 2005, and usually we get volumes a while after they come out in WSJ

But who knows, maybe you're right and they both ripped off something else lol
Jan 26, 2019 12:30 PM

Dec 2016
Wow, that enchance armament by Kirito to defeat her.

That's our Kirito for you, doing everything he can to save a life.

Man those potions Cardinal makes are incredible they are completely back to 100%

It's Alice! this place they are at definitely looks like their past with the field and tree ect, either way it's a nice scenery.

Wow her sword is so powerful, Kirito is just doing enough to stay with her, Alice even praised him.

I knew it wouldn't be that simple to contain her long enough but what happened at the end was quite the turn of events, now to wait until next time to see how they get out of this predicament.
Jan 26, 2019 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
only few integrity knights remain and Alice is one of them

i must say Alice seems overpowered with that Senbonzakura sword lol (Byakuya of Bleach much?)
Jan 26, 2019 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Waiting for Alice to yell: EX....CALIBAAAAAAAA
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 26, 2019 2:01 PM
Jul 2018
Eugeo is so weak-spirited. His reactions deem him a weak man.
He threw away the dagger which is more important than his own life. (facepalm)
With Kirito out of the Central Tower, it just means Eugeo is now screwed.
There is at least Integrity Knight One and the Administrator left and he is all alone.
What a blunder!! I am sure Asuna if there would had fought much better than Eugeo does.
Jan 26, 2019 2:02 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Excalibur is that you? No, but really the sword is more like a flower whip. So cool, although I cried a little bit because I thought the osamanthus tree was really her closed off memories of Eugeo's tree. ;-;
Jan 26, 2019 2:13 PM
Nov 2014
mmm alice looks marvelous in this episode, too bad the battle didn't last that long and ended on a cliffhanger.
Jan 26, 2019 2:40 PM
Dec 2018
Lol small thing that need improvement in BD, when Fanatio fall after hit the rooftop is so lame. No effect and sound i hope they improve it later. Because it will added immersive effect the boss has fallen down
Jan 26, 2019 2:52 PM
Mar 2017
This anime loves to leave us with dramatic cliffhanger.
Kirito wins the duel against Fanatio with his enhance armament, I liked the manifestation of the sword, the color makes it look sinister it looks great when it hits Fanatio's beam of light.
The good Kirito sympathizes with Fanatio after seeing she is on the verge of death and uses the dagger that Cardinal gave them and she decides to heal Fanatio.
Eugeo looks very weak of will, lately he doubts much of his actions.
The girl in the elevator gave me a bit of pity, I don´t know, seeing that her job has been that for 107 years is something that makes you question whether if she has a dream of her own or wants to be free.
The 80th floor is the floor of the garden in the clouds and in that place we meet again with the beautiful Alice, I must say that I loved her sword and her enhance armament, that Bleach vibe I loved it. Kirito has a hard time keeping up the fight with Alice, her high power makes her a tough opponent to attack, but eventually Kirito manages to hold her back and Eugeo uses his ice sword to freeze Alice, but her sword of the fragrant olive frees her.
In the end Kirito and Alice collide with their enhance armament and with the clash of powers they break the wall and Alice and Kirito are ejected into the void and poor Eugeo is trapped and alone in the tower.
The fight with Alice was short, but the animation and the music gave it a very "epic" touch, besides those actions in slow motion helped a bit.
The name of the next episode is "Armistice", personally I think that Alice and Kirito will find themselves in a situation in which they should cooperate for the common good of both.
Jan 26, 2019 3:11 PM

Mar 2016
That... wasn't good. No no no no no. After the storm that was the last episode here was I thinking I was gonna see a great conclusion and for the first time have two good SAO episodes back to back. Nope.
Episode starts with the conclusion of the fight making the previous cliffhanger useless; They add nothing to Fanatio which was the highlight of the previous episode; They save her by wasting a dagger for nothing; They forget about what they said to the sisters about the Knights being strong; They go and find an elevator (how lucky); They fight Alice in a bland directed scene with fucked up animation (animation that existed through out the entire episode); and end in another cliffhanger (a very poor one).
Personally, i think this was the worst episode of season 3 unlike the previous one that was the best.
azertz99Jan 26, 2019 3:16 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

189 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.