Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Angels of Death
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2018 6:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, this episode is really pushing towards the climax of this series.

They made that abandoned building look like a place of hell with all the fire ad chaos going down. Zack is keeping his promise like he always said so I have no doubt he'll live by those words. One more episode left!
cyruzApr 19, 2020 2:12 AM
Oct 19, 2018 8:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Their escape sure become much more hectic. It was actually sad seeing each of the floors be consumed by flames. Smart in using the bars as a trial and trauma that must be overcome by Zack to break out. Danny sure had a weird sense of pride regarding Rachel there. Rachel's words though showed just how much she had learned travelling with Zack. The priest's arrival sure was timely. Quite the dramatic episode that showed just how much Rachel and Zack have developed as characters. Curious to see how this ends next week. The recap on their past and their past opponents was appreciated.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2018 9:06 AM

Sep 2016
Got to see Rachel's smile and Zack's vulnerable side, so it was pretty damn good.

Also, the very last minute was very touching to me.
Oct 19, 2018 9:28 AM

Aug 2016
As a fan of the game my feelings of this anime has been ..conflicting.. the animation is stunning and it's a very faithful adaptations (Although the game art style would have been good but this is fine too) but Rays and Zacks friendship wasn't really able to..convince me .. somehow? I can't fully explain why and that really bothers me but in this episode it did give me a little more of the feeling the game gave me so that makes me happy but I wish the build up was better, sorry just venting my personal feelings here.

What I really want to say though is how much I LOVED that part where Danny is hesitating for a couple of seconds and the was obviously in a lot of pain and then decides to shoot Rachel a second time and get it over as soon as possible. I was so stunned by that scene that I had to watch it a second time, it was somehow really .. powerful.. even if I don't like him.
Oct 19, 2018 10:03 AM

Feb 2016
Wow great episode. It flew by me so fast that I ranted at how the episode finished so soon lol.

Well next week is the finale. So far I've liked this anime so much as a game adaptation I dare to say its good to say the least, even if I haven't played the game, I think it done well the puzzles and how the characters react to them.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 19, 2018 10:07 AM
Apr 2016
It took me 15 out of 16 episodes to finally like Rachel. I really like the more "human" side of her now. I'm not very religious, so all that God talk was not my favorite, and I understand why it was important to her character, but to see her acknowledge that she was really just a lonely girl who wanted to be wanted was awesome. I feel like she had the most character development here in this episode.

It's kinda sad to think that after all that she and Zack have been through and and the development they've both had separately and together as a team, that Rachel's life is seriously in danger because of Danny. Though, I did like Danny's reactions more than before also. He also seemed more "human" and not as much of a crazed weirdo as before (the freakishly long tongue he always had sticking out when he went crazy was not shown as much, so I think he was more rational than before).

I never played the game that this show was based off of, so I'm excited and nervous to see how the story ends!
Oct 19, 2018 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
I liked the first episode, then just began to dislike it for so long. This was the 2nd episode I've actually liked from this show. That was an intense one that cut the bullshit games and went to the main story hard.
Oct 19, 2018 11:48 AM

May 2015
Intense episode! Nice to see them overcoming their past and trying to move forward. And Danny had to ruin it, screw him!
Oct 19, 2018 11:58 AM

Mar 2017
So Danny was the final boss all along :3
Zack is traumatic to fire. That was more or less obvious. He overcame his trauma and broke out of there and his scythe broke too (lol what power).
Rachel got shot. Good thing Father came and helped them. Pretty touching to see what Rachel thought of Zack.
Playing the full ending theme with recap scenes was pretty cool.
The show is finally reaching it's climax. Let's see how it ends.
Oct 19, 2018 11:59 AM

Jan 2018
Just when I thought this show was going for happy ending

There is still a chance from the look of the next episode title
Oct 19, 2018 12:06 PM

Apr 2010
That Danny is immortal or what? He ''died'' like 3 times already?
Oct 19, 2018 12:08 PM

Nov 2008
.................don't talk to me; I am a mess. xD

ONLY ONE MORE LEFT. I'M NOT OKAY WITH THIS AT ALL.

*holds a funeral for Scythie*

I LOVED IT LIKE IT WAS ME OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN ;_______;

MARRY HIM, OKAY.

Oct 19, 2018 12:31 PM

Dec 2014
well that was truly impactful... I didnot see that coming...I still think already dead
Oct 19, 2018 1:44 PM

Sep 2015
And thats how the girls from Zombieland Saga got another member.
Oct 19, 2018 1:45 PM
Nov 2015
Tekakurika said:

we agree with you..
Oct 19, 2018 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
didnt think priest man be a good-ish guy

Tekakurika said:

lol he's like a cockroach, he keeps coming back no matter how many times you kill him

Oct 19, 2018 2:21 PM

May 2016
Best episode in the series so far Ray showed so much emotions and the use of the sad ost was absolutely on spot, Zack was getting crazy seeing Ray dying their soaked in red crimson blood.

Last episode gonna be lit I wonder if the father is a good guy I still don't trust him.
Oct 19, 2018 3:16 PM

Mar 2014
U guys guys cannot be serious with this plot armour bullcrap? If y'all are supporting this as "Good" then a lot of you don't know good writing.

Both of these characters should have died episodes ago, complete 4/10. Nothing in the ending gonna change my mind.

I dont quit animes but damn this one SO had me doing it....
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Oct 19, 2018 3:29 PM

Nov 2008
HueyLion said:
U guys guys cannot be serious with this plot armour bullcrap?

It's a game though....so they just don't die. :'D Like Higurashi. Plot armor be damned; watching Zack and Ray is just a plain fantastic time for me.

that's why the fanclub exists

If y'all are supporting this as "Good" then a lot of you don't know good writing.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH let people enjoy the thing.
ChiibiOct 19, 2018 3:35 PM

Oct 19, 2018 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
I swear is Danny ever going to die? This dude just keeps on coming back.

I liked the montage during the last few minutes recapping the main events of the show, it really made me feel like this was the final episode even though I know there's one more left.

Also, RIP Scythe-kun.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 19, 2018 3:57 PM

Jun 2017
Amazing episode, can't wait for the finale, then I can finally play the game too. Assuming they will go through with the promise it will be sad seeing Rachel go after finally gaining her humanity. Zack developed tons as well. I even felt bad for Danny a bit, it's crazy how he got that mental beatdown and still managed to get out of it. Priest guy turned out to be an alright fellow despite the crazy shit he did with the whole building, guess he finally found what he was searching for.

Tekakurika said:

The bulletproof vest saved his ass all the time and everyone just kept ignoring him having it too even after the fact he just revealed it.... Rachel should have shot him in the head lol.
Oct 19, 2018 4:02 PM

Nov 2008
MomoSinX said:
Rachel should have shot him in the head lol.

SHE SHOULDA TOLD ZACK TO CHOP DANNY'S HEAD OFF WITH THAT SCYTHE.

..............I'd like to see the bastard come back from that. :D

Oct 19, 2018 5:22 PM

Mar 2016
I was surprised when Zack said Rachael would die because she lost a lot of blood. Hasn't he lost more blood than any other character in the story? And Danny the double eyed douche is also still alive.

I was wondering how they would make this episode's content long enough. Apparently, they didn't! They just made the credits longer. lol! To be honest, I like it that way. It's annoying when a story is stretched just to fit the required time length.

The next episode is the one I am most scared of. The last episode. The conclusion to a story can either make the whole thing quite bad or quite good. This anime has been really entertaining so far, and I hope the next episode is a fantastic one.
Oct 19, 2018 5:36 PM

Feb 2011
OMG,OMG: I couldn't stop crying throughout the entire episode, very emotional episode ( I don't want to see Ray and Zack being separated, they desire to always be together: moments that are touching and heartwarming and moment of despair seeing Zack's face thinking that Ray was going to die: gun shot by that stupid doctor who doesn't know when to quit.
At the beginning of the episode where Zack was going a trauma seeing fire around him, Ray was there for him and encourage him to keep on moving was something else and the scene where Zack was carrying Ray while he was running happily was so cute and her words gives him strength to move on: he'll never reach this far without her, together they can overcome any obstacle comes to their path: THIS PROVES THEY ARE MEANT FOR EACH OTHER!!!!!. Their talk after they were to escape the building totally says everything: Ray's expression thinking she'll be sad seeing Zack being alone after she's gone: Zack said to Ray to keep on living where Ray ask Zack if he's still wants to kill her after they get out the building: it was so sweet when Zack told Ray his main reason he gave his knife was for her to keep living ( this the first he has given something to someone which bring a lot of meaning behind it and Ray will treasure the knife even more than before)and until that crazy doctor ruin their moment when he pulled the gun trigger to kill Ray. OMG,OMG Zack was overly shock seeing Ray bleeding to death: even after she was injured Ray says all these words in why Zack is so precious to her, what Zack had given her is something no money can ever buy: the affection of kindness, being needed in someone's live, knowing she's someone special in her own and someone else's life: what's love and being loved in return is FAR MORE IMPORTANT IN WHAT THAT JERK DOCTOR HAD GIVEN HER: the material things that doesn't make her happy ( HE'S OVERLY OBSESS WITH HER: THAT'S NOT KINDNESS AT ALL): POOR ZACK, HE WAS ABOUT TO CRY SEEING RAY LIKE THIS, IT'S THE FIRST TIME HE FELT SOMETHING SO TRUE COMING FROM HIS HEART: ZACK REFUSES TO LEAVE THE BUILDING WITHOUT HER: the priest was telling Zack to leave telling him that Ray is still alive if he hurry: Zack's action said everything when he carries injured Ray in his arm: OMG, THAT'S SO ROMANTIC, HER SAFETY IS ZACK'S MAIN PRIORITY, HE WANTS TO LEAVE THE BUILDING TOGETHER WITH RACHEL: I just hope they will have a happy ending, I'm super nervous how the series is going to end: Ray and Zack truly desires the very best: I hope that doctor should learn to give up and let them go: Let's hope Ray's face expression will change from sadness to happiness, bring out the smile Zack always wanted to see from her all along, OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LAST EPISODE, I DON'T WANT TO SEE THIS SERIES TO END: BRING MORE ZACK X RAY MOMENTS, THEIR MOMENTS TOGETHER REALLY IS SO PRICELESS!!!!
sweetangieOct 19, 2018 7:08 PM
Oct 19, 2018 6:13 PM

Apr 2016
Finally a good fuckin' episode of this damn show. Danny is still a shitbag though.
Oct 19, 2018 6:16 PM

Dec 2016
Danny, you psycho! Look what you've done!! >_<
So in the end Zack really have feelings for Rachel. Too bad Danny have to ruin it by breaking the promise those two swore they'll do. Damn! If only Zack still has his scythe, he would have already take Danny's head out in 5 seconds.
PurpleGirl203Oct 19, 2018 6:19 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 19, 2018 6:56 PM

Feb 2011
PurpleGirl203 said:
Danny, you psycho! Look what you've done!! >_<
So in the end Zack really have feelings for Rachel. Too bad Danny have to ruin it by breaking the promise those two swore they'll do. Damn! If only Zack still has his scythe, he would have already take Danny's head out in 5 seconds.

LOL!!! SO RIGHT!!!: the scythe already finish its mission but it look like it would of been needed for the last time ( to cut Danny's head with it, LOL!!!): but this shows Zack is no longer a bloodthirsty murder: the only thing in his mind now is to save Rachel and getting out the building together with her ( Zack is truly in love with her we can tell): I REALLY LOVE THE SCENE WHEN ZACK CARRIED RAY IN HIS ARMS, WE HAVE TO SEE IT IN A DIFFERENT ANGLE WITHOUT THAT BASTARD IN THE WAY, LOL!!!
sweetangieOct 19, 2018 7:20 PM
Oct 19, 2018 7:10 PM
Apr 2018
Ok so Zack has a phobia now. That was well established and was hoping that Danny would kill Rachel. I like the direction this show is going but if next episode they dont let Rachel die I'm gonna be pissed. And if they dont let us see her death brutally portrayed this ONA really will be a letdown.
Oct 19, 2018 8:02 PM

Nov 2008
Waro9 said:
if next episode they dont let Rachel die I'm gonna be pissed.

Shouldn't it be pretty obvious to you by now that's so NOT gonna happen? xD

Like if anyone's ACTUALLY thinking she'll die.....man, do I worry about your intelligence. :/

Or your inability to read situations. Whichever comes first.

Why would you WANT to see her die anyway? She's Best Girl of the Season?
ChiibiOct 19, 2018 8:09 PM

Oct 19, 2018 9:35 PM

Jan 2012
This has actually taken a downward turn from the first part of the series...

The way Danny keeps coming back is overplayed... This series has a pacing problem where there are actually too many episodes for the amount of content - It's starting to feel excessively dragged out.
Oct 19, 2018 10:57 PM

Apr 2018
This episode is pretty sad but i love it :"(
Oct 19, 2018 11:21 PM
Mar 2018
I legit teared up a bit after I saw Rachel get shot. I was kind of expecting Zack to say something like: "don't you leave me too Rachel", or something like that, really milk the emotional factor, but I guess that wasn't necessary. Rachel telling Zack that she will keep the promise with her legitimately made me tear up just a little bit.
Oct 19, 2018 11:22 PM

Nov 2017

Shit.... that tears,

Now Loading.....
Oct 20, 2018 1:16 AM

Mar 2012
This episode was just so amazing, I have no words. Didn't feel like 23 mins at all. I love this anime!
Oct 20, 2018 5:07 AM

May 2016
Pretty good show up this point and Danny is offically on my list for top 10 worst characters i hate, he's bean nothing but a asshole, also love that building self-destruct cliche ;3
Oct 20, 2018 8:42 AM

Jul 2015
For the first time ever, I rated an anime 1/10.
Oct 20, 2018 12:18 PM

Sep 2008
i see everyone crying and such but...it wasn't that sad, like sure, it's sad and all, but, this felt so "anime" with the fuckin doctor coming back to life more times than Goku, and that scene where a schyte cut down a steel bar (in one swing, 2 sections of the bars, and for some reason it was no a uniform cut)
letting that aside... i actually liked more the emotionless Rachel better, but that's just my take, i liked how zack opened up to her by the end
but come one, compare this to any work by key, you know, clannad, little busters, and this is not even worth remembering the "kinda sad" feeling it gives

still, i want to know if my loli will survive so i'll keep watching, i complain a lot, but enjoy almost everything i watch unless its bafflingly bad *cof* *cof* berserk 2016 *cof* *cof*
Orion_Gospel said:
For the first time ever, I rated an anime 1/10.
awwww it your first time, how cute
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 20, 2018 1:39 PM

May 2018
Just how many times that Danny have to be killed and come back to life?????
Oct 20, 2018 2:24 PM

Nov 2008
Zero_r2 said:

but come one, compare this to any work by key, you know, clannad, little busters, and this is not even worth remembering the "kinda sad" feeling it gives

I love tear-jerkers like that....but I dunno if I'd put this in the same category as Key works. No, I really wouldn't. I think it's WAY better than Little Busters though; man, was that rather disappointing when I look back on it.

I really really REALLY care about both Ray and Zack...so if one of my fave characters start crying, that will get me going too.

Does it make me bawl like a newborn like Air did? Uh....well no. XD But SatsuTen isn't supposed to be a moe tragedy show; it is a semi-goofy horror/comedy with a couple touching moments.

Oct 20, 2018 3:35 PM
Mar 2018
Now we are finally reaching the end, just an episode away. What will happen to Ray, how will she remain alive? I want to see if the anime ends just like the game or not or has a different ending. Well the sound of the gun shots was not suiting at some places while the animation frame when Zack gets shot was too stiff and the action was quite unclean.
Oct 20, 2018 5:47 PM

Apr 2015
Couldn't get into it.
Oct 20, 2018 5:52 PM

Oct 2015
Ray got shot by that Bastard Danny, but I don't think she'll die though since this anime is such mediocre.

Zack is not a sentimental person to discard his scythe like that. I'm really looking forward to the ending of this absurd anime.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 20, 2018 9:30 PM

Jun 2013
Filixious said:
As a fan of the game my feelings of this anime has been ..conflicting.. the animation is stunning and it's a very faithful adaptations (Although the game art style would have been good but this is fine too) but Rays and Zacks friendship wasn't really able to..convince me .. somehow? I can't fully explain why and that really bothers me but in this episode it did give me a little more of the feeling the game gave me so that makes me happy but I wish the build up was better, sorry just venting my personal feelings here.

What I really want to say though is how much I LOVED that part where Danny is hesitating for a couple of seconds and the was obviously in a lot of pain and then decides to shoot Rachel a second time and get it over as soon as possible. I was so stunned by that scene that I had to watch it a second time, it was somehow really .. powerful.. even if I don't like him.

I agree with everything that you said from how their friendship was not convincing in this adaptation to that powerful scene of Danny hesitating before he shot Rachel again.

I did not read the light novel and I'm still behind on the manga but I have played the game twice and rewatched a playthrough of it for entertainment purposes and I think this series was trying too hard to adapt everything from the game to the LN to the manga. Who would've thought Danny was going to be such a weed in the game, motherfucker just won't stay dead. Jason Vorhees and Michael Myers ain't got nothing on him.

There is only one episode left. I still enjoy the series but I don't think many people who haven't read the LN, manga or played the game would appreciate it that much.
臭い-
Oct 21, 2018 9:35 AM

Sep 2011
"With that much blood loss, she will die!".

C'mon Zack, you've lost waaaaaay more blood than her and yet you're still alive.

Also, fucking Danny is also immortal what the fuck.

Oct 21, 2018 9:50 AM

May 2012
Why the hell it is rated 7.38 ?! It should be 6 at most

Just one more episode and I will delete this garbage from my laptop
Oct 21, 2018 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
Bibimbapski said:

There is only one episode left. I still enjoy the series but I don't think many people who haven't read the LN, manga or played the game would appreciate it that much.

I only read the first volume of the manga before I binged the anime and I still like the anime the most, actually (episode 4=definite fan, episode 6=head-over-heels in love.

Guess I'm weird? :p

The LN is wonderful....but I've only read bits and pieces of it....so I cannot judge whether it's the best version or not.

It's really bothering me how the game fans keep ragging on the anime series over. every. single. tiny. little. change. I just want to say can you not?

Maybe if I played it FIRST, I'd be doing the same thing....but I haven't. :p
ChiibiOct 21, 2018 10:45 AM

Oct 21, 2018 11:11 AM
May 2015
I'm so curious what is behind that door. Will they live a normal live? Will he kill her, even tho not, but just saying...
Oct 21, 2018 9:02 PM

Oct 2008
a bit intense episode, but I wonder how this would end...
That was a nice Full ED by Chisuga Haruka!
4/5.

Oct 21, 2018 11:58 PM

May 2015
Iron bars resist blunt, but are weak to cutting...huh...Welp, when in danger, you get that adrenaline rush to do anything...

Bye-bye Scythe...

Damn, Danny just shoots her. Gotta give him credit for that.

STOP CRYING AND SMILE!!!! I NEVER PLAYED THE GAME, BUT I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN, AND I'M READY FOR IT!
TarotistOct 22, 2018 12:05 AM
Oct 22, 2018 9:17 PM
Mar 2018
why... my poor loli

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2018

166 by Nelelelen »»
Apr 7, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 1 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

36 by Elise_Eleanor237 »»
Mar 22, 6:09 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2018

69 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Nov 2, 2023 9:09 AM

» Is it good or bad?

egosumjohn - Jul 31, 2023

30 by IkaruFox »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:31 PM

Poll: » Satsuriku no Tenshi Episode 4 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

25 by Waifuspls547 »»
Sep 8, 2023 9:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.