Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2018 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, the OP song! I like it, it's catchy and has a thriller feeling with a dark style chereography. It sounds similar to the previous Persona series which I don't think is surprising. (I did hear this current OP theme song is used as a placeholder opening probably for spoiler reasons)

The episode shows more of Ren's school life which is expected. It kinda reminds me of Cold Steel game I've played recently but this has more of a mystery feel to it. Ryuuji seems like a character that I may find fun to watch as his personality is a bit different compared to Ren.

Heh. I never get tired for Igor's role in Persona series.

Really digging the music of this show.
Stark700Apr 14, 2018 8:51 AM
Apr 14, 2018 8:56 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
OP visuals are underwhelming. It's just a bunch of clips from the anime and footage from the first, first PV for the anime (the one with the animated version of the cover art of the Japanese art book). I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a placeholder to avoid spoilers. Hopefully we see a change in visuals. They escaped out of Kamoshida's palace the first time much faster than I expected. They saved Morgana's appearance for the next episode. Oh, I saw Makoto for a bit, lol. LMAO, it looked like Amamiya was gonna summon his Persona during a volleyball match XD

We also get a glimpse of Ryuji's relationship with the volleyball team, and they did a good job in showing that (they probably won't touch on Ryuji's confidant in this anime adaptation).

In this episode, the kitty Morgana makes his appearance. More adorable than the game, haha! Also, we actually get to see Kamoshida beat up Shiho in this adaptation. And Morgana doesn't show his Persona until Ryuji summoned his. Holy shit, A-1 nailed the Persona battle. Ryuji's summon, Last Surprise playing, Morgana showing his Persona, the all-out attack, it was all well-done. If only they had the stylish backgrounds for the all-out attacks.

Lmao, first Rise, and now Kanami for P4DAN. Ryuji crying after hearing Amamiya's story was hilarious, lol. ED is very good!! I love how it uses the battle result visual style. But again, it's really just an animated promo picture. It doesn't even have Haru in it, smh.

Watch the after credits scene if you want some animated Akechi.

I totally thought that they would cover up to
They're taking it slow. Hopefully this doesn't effect the pacing for the rest of the series. One palace is bound to only get two episodes.
GoldenDevilGamerApr 14, 2018 9:04 AM
Apr 14, 2018 8:58 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
GoldenDevilGamer said:
OP visuals are underwhelming. It's just a bunch of clips from the anime and footage from the first, first PV for the anime (the one with the animated version of the cover art of the Japanese art book). I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a placeholder to avoid spoilers.

well, you're right. The real opening is supposed to appear at episode 4. Ishihama is storyboarding and directing the OP himself.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 14, 2018 8:59 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
DatRandomDude said:
GoldenDevilGamer said:
OP visuals are underwhelming. It's just a bunch of clips from the anime and footage from the first, first PV for the anime (the one with the animated version of the cover art of the Japanese art book). I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a placeholder to avoid spoilers.

well, you're right. The real opening is supposed to appear at episode 4. Ishihama is storyboarding and directing the OP himself.
Cool to know, thanks! Hopefully the same is done for the ED too.
Apr 14, 2018 8:59 AM

Nov 2007
Was able to escape and back to the world.

That "king" guy doesn't seem to remember when he was king. Then he's late.

So delinquent looking guy cannot run and his ex-members wanting him to stay put because that guy is respectable person even though he bullies "bad" students. Also showing current victim, the girl from valleyball team.

Cat character appearing, and becoming the navi, explaining the people in the world is shadow from the desire from the real person. Delinquent looking guy's persona also awaken. All three (including cat character) fight. Ponytail girl is with the teacher?

Main guy also was set as a problem guy by adults just because showing justice.

ED is stylish to put next ep. topic in the beginning.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 14, 2018 9:06 AM
Mar 2014
Good point of this anime version we can see how scum of Kamoshida.
In game,we can't see he hit Protagonist or Shiho Scene.
I appreciate.
Apr 14, 2018 9:08 AM

Apr 2015
They made the All-Out Attack + critical hit + last surprise haha

Ryuji's awakening was awesome too. Ren made Ryuji cry, that was so cute. Renren~~

Edit/

Man, that was rushed
I loved the ED
ScarRufusApr 14, 2018 11:12 AM
Apr 14, 2018 9:17 AM

Jul 2015
OH
MY
GOD!!!!!!!!
Apr 14, 2018 10:06 AM

Jun 2013
The opening reuses a lot from the first episode, but the song is great. The ending is fine.

I watched the Persona 3 movies so I can have a better understanding of the Persona universe and I am glad the soundtrack is awesome here as much as it is in the Persona 3 movies.

I really liked the main character eyecatch at the beginning.

4/5 I am liking it so far.

EDIT: Just saw that there will probably be a new opening in Episode 4, That's awesome.
MrMushinApr 14, 2018 10:27 AM
Apr 14, 2018 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
This episode just went full game mode lol + cameo of Makoto, Haru and also Yoshida xD

Get lost Akechi no one likes you, you dope.
Apr 14, 2018 10:38 AM

Dec 2014
That was great.

Love both the OP and the ED. The OP song especially is awesome.

Kamoshida sucks, I disliked him last episode and now even more especially after learning that he physically abuses his students. The Shiho scene made me hate him.

I'm glad we learnt more about the other world and what it entails and represents. Morgana is a pretty cool 'monster-cat'. xD

Ryuji's awakening was great and the battle as great too, full of style especially that all out attack at the end with the final still with Ren. So good.

So that's Ren's backstory, he tried to save someone and then he was the one who ended up being convicted of crime. That's what I thought after seeing the last episode but glad to see some confirmation on that.

Looking forward to next week.
Apr 14, 2018 10:43 AM

Oct 2017
Now I'm certain this anime is made with people who already beat the game in mind...
The pacing is WAY TOO FAST even for game players.

They didn't even properly introduce the concept of palace for you in this episode because there's no "tutorial part" where Morgana explains everything.
They didn't even bother to elaborate the part how Ren gets probation...

I know people who only watch the anime would be so confused right now, and feel like the plot is cookie-cutter atm, but trust me, game did explain alot of things in MUCH MORE DETAIL.

A1 is probably going to squish in all the "character arcs" in between main plot, so seriously this make the whole pacing and plot transition very rushed/ jarring. 24 episodes really is too short for this...

Meh, I no longer expect a proper adaptation from A1 anymore.
It'd be a fan-service adaptation for me just to enjoy the main casts being animated.
Ryuji is my favourite character in P5, so seeing him animated is enough for me.
I don't expect A1 to do anything exceptional , or adapting it adequately anymore.
Ventus_SApr 14, 2018 10:48 AM
Apr 14, 2018 10:44 AM

Nov 2016
Chopper Morgana and Zorro,a perfect team.

So Ryuji got a Persona too,gotta say that I like the design of his ones.

The fighting scenes were rather weird/funny than cool imo.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2018 10:57 AM

May 2016
I think I won't love this show but it's not that bad I would say.
Apr 14, 2018 10:59 AM

Jul 2012
Don't know what i expected, but so much stuff was cut off. It will be so hard to watch for people who didn't at least play the game. Interesting to see how the figths are animated. Thought that all-out attack was the best.
Kamoshida beating Shiho wasn't shown in the game (really don't remember), thought that violence meant to be him beating them up on volley trainings, was quite surprised.

Morgana's petting =/

Glimpses of characters, Makoto <3 and didn't think they'll show Haru this early.

The amazing persona music!!!
Apr 14, 2018 10:59 AM

Nov 2016
OP music is nice and catchy but the visuals not so much.
More information was added on this episode related to this other world and Personas. That teacher tho, didn't like nothing about his character.
That cat is also an interesting fellow that seems to have good knowledge. The persona's fight was cool.
Apr 14, 2018 11:00 AM

Jun 2014
Kamoshida is such a prick, he already seemed that way from the beginning but seeing him beat his students is disgusting.

The fight scenes were cool and it was nice to see Ryuji awaken his own Persona. We also got a new character (Morgana) and Ren's backstory.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 14, 2018 11:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm the irony of being locked up by the very prisoners you were just interrogating. Man guess Ren's circumstance has already been leaked to the students. Nice that we got to meet Igor and Justine/Caroline and Morgana as well. Kamoshida's arrogance really knows no bounds. But here he was answered in kind by Ryujii's awakening. That sure was a neat battle there. An excellent episode that did a great job of showing how much of a scumbag Kamoshida is. Their first team battle sure went well. Good to see the combat transferred over so well. The new scenes were especially well appreciated as well. Pace so far seems to be fine. Really loved the opening as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2009
Hello, do you think I need to watch previous series to start watching this one? Thank you.
Apr 14, 2018 11:31 AM

Jul 2015
RainSprite said:
Hello, do you think I need to watch previous series to start watching this one? Thank you.

Nope, don't worry
Apr 14, 2018 11:39 AM
Sep 2015
Episode still feels a bit paced but it's not as much as the first one.
I liked it how they gave Ryuji some screentime as well as his Persona awakening.

One thing I noticed that was different to the games was Kamoshida's role. In the game you slowly realised that he's the villain and what he does to the students. In the anime, he's already portrayed as the villain right as soon as you first meet him in front the school gate.

Also RIP Amamiya for replacing that student (Mishima?) who got hit with the ball in the game, lol.
Gave a badass death stare though.
Apr 14, 2018 11:53 AM
Aug 2015
This anime is going have me fangirl every episode. I love the added scenes because they are a really nice addition.
Apr 14, 2018 12:22 PM

Jul 2017
I haven't played the game so as an anime-only viewer, I'll say this.

Fantastic episode.

God I loved that Persona fights and the visuals were very good in that battle, definitely great for A-1's hit and miss standards.

It's such an intriguing world and I definitely am excited to see how this anime unfolds.

Also Renren seems like a nice MC right now.

Feb 2018
Well, that was pretty boring. Sakamoto is cool, and the story how Ren got on probation was nice (although very sad), but most of the episode was a snooze fest.
Loved the OP song though.
3/5

Jan 2016
I don't mind the slight changes they made in this episode, for example how Ren got hit instead of Mishima or how they meet Morgana.

The best thing about this adaptation is that it's eye candy for people who've played the game. The all-out attack scene was fantastic, they're of course using the music from the game which is awesome.

Kamoshida is a real prick even here, they even showed him abusing Shiho which was kinda scary, they never showed that in the game. Fkn hell I hate him even more now.

The characterization might be a bit weird for anime-only viewers because of the pacing, which tbh isn't fast in terms of content adapted. It's just that it's a 100+ hour game cramped in to 24 episodes, so they have to do it this way.

The opening is the 2nd best one this season, only behind Steins Gate 0 opening.
Apr 14, 2018 12:25 PM

Jul 2015
remember that the real opening will come with the fourth chapter, this is only provisional
Apr 14, 2018 12:28 PM

Aug 2008
Really? That was the reason for probation? What a lame backstory. They were foreshadowing it as if it was something big and serious but it was barely above the level of scratching dick on a car. Like the fight scene wasn't already disappointing enough. So far so bland.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 14, 2018 12:31 PM

Feb 2018
Antanaru said:
Really? That was the reason for probation? What a lame backstory. They were foreshadowing it as if it was something big and serious but it was barely above the level of scratching dick on a car. Like the fight scene wasn't already disappointing enough. So far so bland.

I think the point of it was to show how the world is a cruel place, and that you can get in trouble even if you do the right thing (and that was obviously what he had done).
That was actually the only part of the entire episode that I liked :D
Apr 14, 2018 12:35 PM
May 2017
This episode was a lot better than the first one. Slightly better pacing and the fight was awesome, got chills when Last Surprise started. If they keep at this pace I think it'll end up not being a horrible adaptation. Not amazing, but not bad at all.
Apr 14, 2018 12:35 PM

Jul 2015
Antanaru said:

I'll just say that it has an explanation and it makes a lot of sense. Keep watching
Apr 14, 2018 12:37 PM

Mar 2012
Ventus_S said:
Now I'm certain this anime is made with people who already beat the game in mind...

They didn't even properly introduce the concept of palace for you in this episode because there's no "tutorial part" where Morgana explains everything.

I know people who only watch the anime would be so confused right now, and feel like the plot is cookie-cutter atm, but trust me, game did explain alot of things in MUCH MORE DETAIL.

A1 is probably going to squish in all the "character arcs" in between main plot, so seriously this make the whole pacing and plot transition very rushed/ jarring. 24 episodes really is too short for this...

It'd be a fan-service adaptation for me just to enjoy the main casts being animated.
I don't expect A1 to do anything exceptional , or adapting it adequately anymore.

Really? This episode didn't get as far as some other people expected (such as Ana's first summon). I think the explanations given so far have been very adequate, even for non-game players. The show's established what a palace is, just not in a whole lot of details yet. The pacing feels nice and slow, for me.
Apr 14, 2018 12:40 PM

Aug 2015
I am so happy about p5 getting an anime! I was really happy to hear Last Surprise and other soundtracks from the game, and I really liked how they recreated the all-out attack. Next episode preview was very stylish!
Apr 14, 2018 12:42 PM

Mar 2016
I came when “will power” ost played at the beginning and Ryuji awakened.
Great episode. Payback time!
I thought the pacing was fine. Is it hard to understand and grasp that kamoshida is a fuckin prick full of himself and abuses his power on students for self-satisfaction and upkeep that king status to the point he fucked ryuji’s track team career
Shishou_23Apr 14, 2018 12:46 PM

Apr 2018
Antanaru said:

Maybe you don't know the background from the original game. So be warned for some spoilers.

Of course everything will be explained in time. So far it's been a very good adaptation.
Mar 2018
I really appreciated how they incorporated part of Ryuji’s confidant into the main storyline and showed new scenes that elaborated on the original game like Kanoshida abusing Shiho. Also, the explanation of the Metaverse was enough to have a basic understanding of what’s going on, but it may be too fast for anime-only viewers to watch. However, the pacing felt awkward throughout the entire episode: it was fast paced at first, then slowed down, and inmediately picked up in the end.

Also, the fight animations weren’t the sharpest and that All Out Attack, regardless of how badass it was, felt lackluster due to how they downgraded the art and animation. I would have preferred for them to just take the CG of Joker from the game and used it instead of trying to recreate it.

Overall, it was decent, but I hope it becomes better later down the road.
Apr 14, 2018 12:50 PM
Apr 2015
The highlight of this ep was definitely Ren's smug personality, holy shit Narukami's swag in the anime doesn't even compare to this.
I thought Ryuji's awakening was pretty disappointing compared to the game's, though the fight was pretty good, my only take on it is probably how they removed the backgrounds from the all out attacks.
The pacing is almost perfect so far, but only if this series was a bit longer than 24 episodes, this only means that it gets faster (hopefully not rushed) later on.
Also loved how they showed Mishima, Haru and Makoto in the backgrounds of some scenes.
I hope we get to see
Apr 14, 2018 12:59 PM

Mar 2016
Bigaku said:
The highlight of this ep was definitely Ren's smug personality, holy shit Narukami's swag in the anime doesn't even compare to this.
I thought Ryuji's awakening was pretty disappointing compared to the game's, though the fight was pretty good, my only take on it is probably how they removed the backgrounds from the all out attacks.
The pacing is almost perfect so far, but only if this series was a bit longer than 24 episodes, this only means that it gets faster (hopefully not rushed) later on.
Also loved how they showed Mishima, Haru and Makoto in the backgrounds of some scenes.
I hope we get to see

The only reason ryuji awakening felt a bit underwhelming (compared to game) is that because “Will power” ost didn’t go with it. Will power (played right at beginning of ep) is the ost that is always played in game after an awakening to emphasize how badass it is. Welp, it was still exciting to watch it in the anime nonetheless.
Apr 14, 2018 1:00 PM

Oct 2017
SparkleDuck said:
Ventus_S said:

Really? This episode didn't get as far as some other people expected (such as Ana's first summon). I think the explanations given so far have been very adequate, even for non-game players. The show's established what a palace is, just not in a whole lot of details yet. The pacing feels nice and slow, for me.

I feel like ep1 is at the right pace.

Ep2 feels like too many events happen in one episode, meaning each event gets like 3 minutes or less of screen time, meaning each event is over before we get any emotional attachment toward it.
Apr 14, 2018 1:03 PM

Dec 2011
I never get to play P5 but so far this is great.
The plot is mysterious and the main characters are interesting even Morgana xD
Morgana is quite like Teddie but better.
Apr 14, 2018 1:04 PM

Dec 2012
two seconds in for best girl i'm in heaven
well not really since the animation is kinda off here and there but at least they're pleasing me with gorgeous shots of Ren's face
I can see why people are complaining about the pacing but it can't be helped, they have to cover a lot of stuff (I even doubt that 24 episodes will be enough tbh)

ughh, I dislike Mr. Worldwide's voice and there's only been 5 seconds of it

also, you'll never see it COOOOOMIIIIIIING was the highlight of the episode
steponmebakuraApr 14, 2018 1:11 PM
Apr 14, 2018 1:12 PM

Dec 2012
YayaChibi said:
Ugh that all out attack was so choppy and ugly lmao lol

The thing that made Persona 5's all out attack + criticals, etc was its god tier graphic design, but none of that is shown, even in the OP lmao lol.

that's so true and it makes me sad
Apr 14, 2018 1:21 PM

Mar 2016
YayaChibi said:
Ugh that all out attack was so choppy and ugly lmao lol

The thing that made Persona 5's all out attack + criticals, etc was its god tier graphic design, but none of that is shown, even in the OP lmao lol.
I'm still 100% salty about the Ren faggot ass anme lmao lol
DragonSlayer_19 said:

The only reason ryuji awakening felt a bit underwhelming (compared to game) is that because “Will power” ost didn’t go with it. Will power (played right at beginning of ep) is the ost that is always played in game after an awakening to emphasize how badass it is. Welp, it was still exciting to watch it in the anime nonetheless.

Not to mention the choopy animation too lmao lol. It wasn't as pleasing to the eye and ear as it was in game lol lmao
Ventus_S said:

^Couldn't agree more lmao lol Like what everything you said lol

Meh I’d excuse A1 for the animation considering they have like 3 (or more?) shows at their hand this season. Overall, it’s decent though there are some bad sequences here and there. The pace is fine imo too. Not great, but fine. I mean what did you expect from a 24 ep for a 100+ hr game? You never saw it coming? (Pun intended lol)

2nd biggest highlight of this episode is my waifu Ann making her intro, tho sad to see Kamoshida’s view of her that makes me throw up
Apr 14, 2018 1:29 PM

Feb 2016
Man, that All-out attack, the hell LMAO

Ren literally looked like a monkey, everything was so awkward, no movement of the shadow, very odd, now imagine at least 6 all-out like this one? Lol

I wouldn't resist looking the all-out of my girl Ann with that bad art and animation
Apr 14, 2018 1:32 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
YayaChibi said:
kawaii-despair said:

that's so true and it makes me sad
Or you know Atlus could lend there graphics support lmao lol
It's Production I.G. that animated the OP and the in-game animated cutscenes, not Atlus. Atlus only did the character sprites during conversations (Atlus is a video game developer, so they're only responsible for CG character models). Also, Production I.G. only had to animate a total of 1 hour of anime cutscene footage, and with a video game budget and flexible schedule, they were easily able to make them look good for the game. A-1 probably has an average budget, has 24 episodes to animate, and has multiple other series in production at the moment. This anime can't look perfect, but it's holding up pretty well... even if it has a couple of moments that aren't too good-looking.
Apr 14, 2018 1:34 PM

Mar 2016
YayaChibi said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Meh I’d excuse A1 for the animation considering they have like 3 (or more?) shows at their hand this season. Overall, it’s decent though there are some bad shots here and there. The pace is fine imo too. Not great, but fine. I mean what did you expect from a 24 ep for a 100+ hr game? You never saw it coming? (Pun intended lol)

2nd biggest highlight of this episode is my waifu Ann makinh her intro, tho sad to see Kamoshida’s view of her that makes me throw up

A-1 is known for being choppy AF and I don't know what I was expecting in terms of good graphics lmao lol

For fanservice(those who played the game), it's fine. The games explained the Metaverse, Personas, the Velvet Room, etc but the anime does none of that and leaves you in the blue for those who haven't touched a Persona game lmao lol

I cleared the game in 75 hours first run??? lmao lol (With half the social links but still lmao lol) + A lot of the games hours are taken up by extra palace time, grace periods when you've finished a palace, social links, rehabilitation, etc so in reality it's about 60 or so hours worth of content, or even less, they'd adapt lmao lol

At least Haru + Ann looked fine as hell in these episodes lmao lol even if it was just one frame of Haru I still loved it lol

A-1 are more like known for inconsistent animation in terms of anime. Some of their anime are good looking. Some are just bad looking. It’s not a general thing among all.

I’m saying 100+ hrs based on the majority of people who played. Of course, time needed to finish game varies depending on your pace and chosen difficulty and investment in confidants. Personally, it took me 80 hrs.

Moreover, they can still fill the viewers on info regarding the metaverse in later episode. Not like they won’t add info later. Till now they mentioned the part that everything in castle is a materialization of the king’s dark desires and they’re nothing but shadows. How the app works. At least they got the basic idea about it. They can be flexible about it and expand on it more next ep. Mementos is the part where they should explain carefully because exploring momentos helps understanding the whole core of the metaverse.
Apr 14, 2018 1:36 PM
Apr 2009
MrMushin said:
EDIT: Just saw that there will probably be a new opening in Episode 4, That's awesome.
Can someone confirm this?
I cant found a source for that X_x
Apr 14, 2018 1:46 PM
Oct 2017
loved that they CG animated a background character walking away in the middle of the shot where ren's talking to his teacher. really breaks the composition and takes your attention away from what you're supposed to be looking at

also the CG of ren taking a swig of soda in the scene after while sakamoto is talking. it's not even composited correctly. wtf were they thinking
Apr 14, 2018 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
That was a good episode after feeling very confused in the first, exposition cat helped with that and I appreciate it, we also got to know more about the characters, especially Sakamoto.

Morgana must be really fluffy, I want to touch him too.

Apr 14, 2018 1:51 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Hiecchi said:
MrMushin said:
Can someone confirm this?
I cant found a source for that X_x
It was announced here: http://www.4gamer.net/games/272/G027222/20180413107/
Apr 14, 2018 1:55 PM

Oct 2015
Oh they showed the best girl makoto
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.