Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 7, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, here comes the responsibility. A guy like Ryuuichi taking on a job as a babysitter should be quite an experience.

It didn't take long for him to get right into taking care of Kotarou.
I think for most parts, the first episode did well at establishing the premise, introducing the characters, and crafting the chemistry between the cast. The kids are absolutely adorable so far :o

Kinda curious to see how much they will adapt this. It's a 1 cour show but has a lot of chapters to work with.
Stark700Jan 7, 2018 8:18 AM
Jan 7, 2018 8:31 AM

Jun 2015
This was a really good first episode. Since Ryuuichi parents passed away, he had to take care of his little brother and now he's going to care of some little kids. That's a lot of responsibility. The little kids are adorable. It was fun watching them interact with each other. Ryuuichi finally crying after his parents passing was tear-jerking. I'm looking forward to see more.
Jan 7, 2018 9:04 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was super cute and it got me emotional, too.
Jan 7, 2018 9:08 AM

Oct 2014
That was as adorable as I expected and sad ;-;
They did a good job of establishing the characters, and the story is so simple that it'd be hard to mess up. Some of the jokes didn't really land as well as they did in the manga. But there were others that were funnier than the manga so it makes up for it.
Jan 7, 2018 9:10 AM

Mar 2016
i'd be lying if i said i didn't cry. a pretty decent first episode, the characters seem decent pluS LITTLE KIDS JUST MAKE ME SMILE SM
Jan 7, 2018 9:12 AM

Feb 2017
At first I didn't want to watch it because I can't handles tragedies. Then I saw who sings OP and decided to give it a shot. And I'm glad I did! I cried two times. Because it was so adorable and, later, because it was so sad.
Characters are cute (ALL of them), additionally, children look like adorable little dolls, OP and ED are catchy, it's funny, it's amazing. That's all I need! I'm looking forward to see more!
Jan 7, 2018 9:13 AM

Jun 2016
I was so looking forward to this and it did not disappoint.
Help the industry and buy Blu-rays and DVD's.
Noragami is the best anime ever.
Jan 7, 2018 9:32 AM
Jul 2018
This is a great start.

The MC and the brother has a tragedic past, that sad.

My mind is so dark rn because I misheard the MC says "babysitter" to "babyshitter" XD
Jan 7, 2018 9:39 AM
Jan 2016
That's one boring episode. Nothing really special, the direction was overall quite bland(kind of expected, considering the director). The drama on the 2nd half was a bit forced. Unfortunate, since I usually enjoy anime that have parenting theme.
Jan 7, 2018 9:44 AM

Dec 2014
TheServant said:
That's one boring episode. Nothing really special, the direction was overall quite bland(kind of expected, considering the director). The drama on the 2nd half was a bit forced. Unfortunate, since I usually enjoy anime that have parenting theme.

I get the same feeling as you.

I think this is most probably because of drawing like a romance style especially the Ryuichi.

Usagi drop still give better impression overall compare to this, but we shall see since it is just episode 1.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jan 7, 2018 9:53 AM

Jan 2017
Premise: i really dislike kids in real life but somehow, i always find myself enjoying anime with kids or cgdct.

WOW POTENTIALLY ONE OF THE BEST THIS SEASON.

I was moved, like, they had me at the 'name train' THIS IS JUST WAAAAY TOO CUTE!

HOW CAN THOSE KIDS LOOK THAT FLUFFY AND SMALL AND EATABLE!?!?

It's like, can i eat them!? Can i!?

Sure, this is a very simple and straightforward anime, still taking this into account previously i find it to be quite entertaining.

The character designs were something else too! That chairman lady has a really afro going on and a very particular face, same goes for the kids and and Daisuke and Tomoaki on board HELL YEAH.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jan 7, 2018 9:55 AM

Jun 2014
Amazing first episode, I teared up like a little bitch. Hana to Yome/LaLa shoujo manga almost never disappoint. Fantastic series so far, I'm looking forward to more of this a lot, this was so sad, heartwarming and cute at the same time.
alpha_shadowJan 7, 2018 10:01 AM
:3
Jan 7, 2018 10:00 AM
Jan 2016
aLotQuestion said:
Usagi drop still give better impression overall compare to this, but we shall see since it is just episode 1.

This could not even compare to Bunny Drop. This anime informed the viewers about the tragic death of the protagonist's parents & the chairwoman's son in a non-chalant way, so it gave the impression that they're not important details. But suddenly being brought up as a source of drama for the 2nd episode in a serious manner. & of course the main characters had to cry so that the viewers knew that scene was supposed to be sad.

On the other hand, Bunny Drop told us the tragedy in a slow, meaningful, yet not too overly dramatic. Definitely better.
Jan 7, 2018 10:29 AM
Oct 2017
THAT ENDING WHERE ALL THE KIDS WERE DANCING WAS SO ADORABLE i think this will be one of my favorites this season
Jan 7, 2018 10:50 AM

Jul 2015
Woah, I'm not exactly a fan of shoujo anime, but that was one fantastic start! The scene when he tried to call his parents got me very close to cry, that hit hard.

I'm definitely interested on watching more, one of the best starts of this season so far.
Jan 7, 2018 11:05 AM

Apr 2009
What a surprisingly OK show. It's not great but it basically gave me that same kinda "alright, I could get invested in this low-key drama" feeling I got from Sanrio Boys. We'll see if this gets any better or not with the classroom setting, but it's got enough going for it to not deserve being dropped just yet.
Jan 7, 2018 11:06 AM

Dec 2015
Weaponized moe at its finest...gotta go punch some walls to regain my manliness now

This show is pretty much what I expected it to be, which is not a bad thing.

Also, am I the only one who thought Yoshihito was a girl at first? It kind of surprised me when he opened his mouth and a ultra-manly voice came out lol.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Jan 7, 2018 11:08 AM

Aug 2014
Cute enough I can overlook the lack of girls. Hope the moms show up more.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 7, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 2017
I must say, despite not being fond of kids, I was overwhelmed with how cute they were in this ep! They really want the japanese to procreate more, huh...
Jan 7, 2018 11:43 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I was hyped for this and the first episode did not disappoint. I was planning on reading the manga prior to watching the anime, but my procrastination led me not to. Oh well, this'll be my relaxing anime of the season.

5/5
Jan 7, 2018 11:46 AM
Feb 2012
QuattroVaginas said:
Cute enough I can overlook the lack of girls.

Are the other 14 new shows with a predominant girl cast, if not exclusively all-girl cast including a gay one, not enough for you?
Jan 7, 2018 12:05 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow I really like series centered around children...kotoro is so cute and adorable
Jan 7, 2018 12:12 PM

Mar 2008
I teared up at some points during the episode. The kids are so adorable ;~; and also my bae Umehara Yuichiro yassss.
Jan 7, 2018 12:15 PM

Jul 2016
I had literally zero expectations for this one, I was mildly interested only because of Daisuke Ono in the cast, and it was great!

I'm really looking forward for the next episode.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Jan 7, 2018 12:36 PM

Dec 2015
ahneeme said:
QuattroVaginas said:

Are the other 14 new shows with a predominant girl cast, if not exclusively all-girl cast including a gay one, not enough for you?

His name is QuattroVaginas, I think you should let him be.
Lmao.
Jan 7, 2018 12:52 PM

Dec 2015
Hope this "babysitter club" doesn't become a harem magnet for our MC.
Jan 7, 2018 12:54 PM
Dec 2017
I didn't even know about this anime at first but I'm glad that I found out about it. It's just so fun to watch and it's a bit on the emotional side as well. I think it was a good first episode. Also, I love the "preview" for the 2nd episode. "Kotaro-sama is adorable. Taka-sama is adorable. Ryuichi-sama is adorable." It's pretty accurate though. We can all look forward to more adorableness!
Jan 7, 2018 1:00 PM

Jul 2015
Big surprise. Looked like bait for fujos to make doujinshi out of but holy fuck I was wrong. One of the best of the season so far
Jan 7, 2018 1:06 PM

Sep 2008
ahh so cute i love young children so much this made me happy and wonderful episode. I cried for sure but i cant wait for the next episode to come out.
Delivery (^_^) set by Nate

Jan 7, 2018 1:19 PM

May 2015
That was incredibly adorable and heart-wrenching I loved every moment

♡ artist
サコ
Jan 7, 2018 1:30 PM

Jul 2016
This is one of the cutest shows I've ever seen
Jan 7, 2018 2:09 PM

Aug 2014
ahneeme said:
QuattroVaginas said:

I try to skip most CGDCT that aren't heavy comedy because I usually find them boring as shit. If the gay one's Citrus, that's not even the same type of show. Predominantly nothing would be better, but I have preferences otherwise.
Sieg Zeon!
Jan 7, 2018 2:13 PM

Feb 2013
KannoSugako said:
Premise: i really dislike kids in real life but somehow, i always find myself enjoying anime with kids or cgdct.

IKR! Same here, I can't stand kids in real life but aww these are super adorable and tinyy
The animation really good too, loved the babies dancing in the end!
Jan 7, 2018 2:21 PM

Oct 2011
diabetes almost kicked in definetely one of the better first eps of this season

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jan 7, 2018 2:22 PM

Feb 2015
Another cute addition to this super moe anime season. This one's about a babysitter club. Now I don't find real-life babies cute, but some of these anime ones are pretty adorable. The highlight though is the emotional backstory of the protagonists. They diden't dive right into it, but they did a good job at dealing with the pain of losing parents (no I don't talk from personal experience, just observing) and they took the time to have them cry over it. If the other students have good amusing personalities and they don't make this too cutesy, this could be very enjoyable.
Jan 7, 2018 2:34 PM

Feb 2014
Brotherhood at its best! A long wait to watch such show. Truly adorable!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 7, 2018 2:48 PM

Jan 2014
Those kids are adorable. The background story for the MC reminds me of 3-Gatsu no Lion in a way. Tsundere Granny ftw.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 7, 2018 3:20 PM

Nov 2016
One of my most anticipated shows this season and it certainly delivered. Best start yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 7, 2018 3:31 PM

Dec 2014
lmao

I loved this first episode. :} It really moved me.

Jan 7, 2018 3:50 PM

Apr 2012
This was freaking adorable, I'm definitely gonna watch it.

Also...

I ship them like FedEx
Jan 7, 2018 4:00 PM
Jul 2018
I love all the characters so far <3 As if Ryuuichi crying at the end and the Chairwoman coming to cheer him up wasn't enough. Kotaro end up crying too. Dang it, you guys are making me cry too ;-;
Jan 7, 2018 5:06 PM

Feb 2010
perfect anime to sit idly by and watch without rly even thinking it's really cute omg
Jan 7, 2018 5:34 PM

Jul 2009
I hate kids but in anime form they're pretty gosh darn cute. Excited to watch more of this. 8/10 so far. :D
Jan 7, 2018 7:08 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Ritshiro said:
KannoSugako said:

IKR! Same here, I can't stand kids in real life but aww these are super adorable and tinyy

That, my friend, is real life bait and switch. "See these adorable babies? C'mon you herbivore men and parasite single women! You know you want one or two or ten, right? RIGHT?" —Official statement of the the Japanese government, which endorsed this series. They neglect to tell them that once they have them there's no cooling off period, no money-back guarantee, no resemara (reset marathons). For the record, though, some kids are actually cute in real life, not walking, whining nightmares like the other 99 percent. I was a kid just like Kotarou, so I know there have to be others out there.

Umm... I went way overboard with that. But, wow, this episode actually made me squee. Any of you remember Akachan to Boku? It reminds me of that, but I have higher hopes for this one. Will this be AOTS? Not likely. Will it be the one series that I really look forward to each week for 24 minutes of feeling like the world is happy and cute and everyone is awesome? A near half-hour of not feeling pervy even though I'm thinking "these kids are adorable"? Definitely.

Favorite kid so far: Kazuma. What can I say? I just kinda like crybabies. ╮( ˘ 、 ˘ )╭ Kotarou is a really close second, though, since he reminds me so much of myself when I was a kid.
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Jan 7, 2018 7:43 PM

Oct 2011
Cute babies ahhhh
Bawling my eyes out. Sad past
Jan 7, 2018 7:51 PM

Jun 2016
This show is so cute it gave me cavities. I love it. The kids are adorable and the feelings just got to me.

I do think it's pretty awesome that the chairwoman has a daycare in school in order to help the faculty and students here. She's stern, but has a heart of gold. I loved every moment of this.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Jan 7, 2018 7:54 PM

Mar 2009
Wow, this was great. And the scene with Ryuuichi near the end was done rather well. Made me sad.

Brain's Base is back?!

Btw, Kirin's mother is very good.
Jan 7, 2018 9:00 PM
Jan 2018
I wasn't sure what I was expecting, but I came out of that episode completely satisfied. The harsh, cold mother figure that makes sure she shows her soft side, the adorable babies that perfectly reflect all my personal babysitting experiences, the heartbreak when Kotarou got a fever and when Ryuuichi is faced suddenly with the death of his parents... It was great. The last scene I described was directed so well and very clearly reflects the sudden pang of tragedy in a way I could deeply relate to: how it comes out of no where and at the smallest and most mundane things. When you reach out for someone or expect to see them, but they just aren't there. I'm excited to see what else this show has to offer. I hope they continue to explore the theme of getting through tragedy and continuing on with life.
Jan 7, 2018 9:08 PM

Dec 2010
The best kids in the world are the ones in anime and manga. Sooooo much cuteness and zero responsibility or germs. I AM HERE FOR IT!
Jan 7, 2018 9:24 PM

Sep 2012
Personally I really dislike babies in real life. They are loud, dirty and stink. Though this first episode was quite enjoyable. The second half also made me just a bit emotional (not crying or anything, just the feeling). I am not necessarily a fan of the art style of Ryuuichi but I'll keep an eye open as it might be worth a 7.
I am better than you.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2018

74 by tartaeli »»
Sep 9, 2023 9:42 AM

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2018

43 by Anthanasia142 »»
Aug 20, 2023 10:31 PM

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2018

80 by korekiyos »»
Jul 23, 2023 4:09 PM

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2018

45 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 21, 2023 1:39 PM

Poll: » Gakuen Babysitters Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2018

39 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 21, 2023 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.