Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 23, 2017 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good to see Chise make her staff.

I really like how much details they pour in to reflect the past storytelling. It just really makes the characters feel memorable like with Ruth's past master. Chise and Nevin also had a talk which I think was interesting - a conversation between a human girl and mythical creature.

I also love the scene where they used this season's OP song when Chise was flying in the sky. What a beautiful moment; this series already has a great soundtrack already imo.

Stark700Dec 23, 2017 10:47 AM
Dec 23, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2015
oh god damn that moment when the opening starts playin (it's second verse tho), you can't but just stare at the screen and be in awe even tho there would be explosions, earthquakes or fires around you irl.
Dec 23, 2017 11:06 AM

Jun 2015
Chise got to make her wand, which looks pretty cool, and had a very interesting conversation with Nevin. The scene where she turned into a phoenix and the OP being played was absolutely breathtaking. I was left speechless because on how beautifully magical the scene was. That scene with Chise's parents though.
Dec 23, 2017 11:15 AM

Apr 2016
That blonde dude likes to sing did he ? Nice Wand or Staff, Chise has also a form now, shes OP af now. But she has a sister ? now i want to see more. Also that "dragon" at the ending preview, looks like Elias.

Half of the season is done.
Dec 23, 2017 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
Another reminder that it has been so long that i forgot the whole phoenix part ... It looked really cool. The tease into the future, can't wait!
Dec 23, 2017 11:22 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

The staff creation scene was stunning. Really well done, I'm so glad Wit are adapting this series so well.

Loved the talk between Nevin and Chise, it was nice of him to offer his wisdom and help ease out Chise's worries. The moment where he says Everything is Connected so do what you want to do is one of my favorites.

The flying scene was once again stunning. :)
The part where Chise flies into Elias's arms is sweet.

The flashback to Chise's Mom doesn't make her seem as bad as Chise makes her out to be.
Heartwarming ending to the first cour. :)
Dec 23, 2017 11:40 AM

Jun 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
Fantastic episode.

The staff creation scene was stunning. Really well done, I'm so glad Wit are adapting this series so well.

Loved the talk between Nevin and Chise, it was nice of him to offer his wisdom and help ease out Chise's worries. The moment where he says Everything is Connected so do what you want to do is one of my favorites.

The flashback to Chise's Mom doesn't make her seem as bad as Chise makes her out to be.

What Nevin said about Chise's mother became pretty relevant in the manga recently, there's a lot more to her family and we just got more questions and mysteries introduced regarding them.

Looks like we will get the dragon wrecking stuff in London arc too. I wonder if they will end the season with that, it wouldn't be a bad stop though then the second season could start with a blast a few years down the line.
Dec 23, 2017 11:49 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode, Chise, with the help of Lindel, finally completes her wand/staff. It was nice to see Nevin again and how he tried to put Chise's mind at ease about how her future with Elias might be like. The scene where Chise goes home and the OP theme starts to play was beautiful and I liked it when all the little sheeps were floating around the house cause it's sheering season lol.

The preview at the end surprised me and got me very hyped as it seems like the anime's second half is gonna adapt some recent content. I can't wait to see how it all plays out and im very excited for the next episode.
Dec 23, 2017 11:50 AM

Sep 2015
Holy shit, this is probably the best anime episode I have seen this year. Just so beautiful... The slow pace of the show has been an absolute delight.
Dec 23, 2017 11:59 AM

Jun 2014
I really like the look of Chise's wand, and it was awesome seeing her flying back to Elias while the OP played. That part was very beautiful to look at.

Nevin and Chise's conversation was also really nice. That brief scene after the ED though. Things might be getting pretty ominous going forward.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 23, 2017 12:01 PM
Mar 2015
Nevin really helped Chisa allay her fears. Her flight home as a phoenix to the OP was beautiful. She was able to remember her family in a sweet dream before the dark took them away
Dec 23, 2017 12:13 PM

Jul 2013
Beautiful episode, but the after-credits scene took me by surprise.
Dat Jouji Nakata's voice in the preview, btw
Dec 23, 2017 12:14 PM
Feb 2015
Lindel: I'll get a dragon to fly you back

Chise: Fuck you I'm a fire bird
Dec 23, 2017 12:21 PM
Jul 2016
Chise finally on the path to becoming human once again and opening herself up to others for real? No doubt the second season will overturn that decision of hers hard and plunge her into despair once again. Especially judging from that preview! Dragon Elias terrorizing London? Shit will go down, that's for certain!

Wait... is that motherf**king Nakata Jouji i hear in the preview!? How much better is this going to become???
Dec 23, 2017 12:21 PM

Dec 2014
MomoSinX said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Fantastic episode.

What Nevin said about Chise's mother became pretty relevant in the manga recently, there's a lot more to her family and we just got more questions and mysteries introduced regarding them.

Looks like we will get the dragon wrecking stuff in London arc too. I wonder if they will end the season with that, it wouldn't be a bad stop though then the second season could start with a blast a few years down the line.

Oh, I've read about 33 chapters. I should consider catching up soon.

Should probably put the second half of that in a spoiler tag but yeah let's see how far we get this season.
Dec 23, 2017 12:39 PM
Jul 2016
that preview at the end... the first season will most likely catch up with the manga, since the dragon was in the teaser. I'm worried what they will do with the second season, they are either going to have to delineate from the manga or we have a long and cold hiatus ahead of us :U
Dec 23, 2017 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
My god the flying scene and the OP and when she is just singing solo. Oh man that was amazing. Pretty excited to see some dragon action later on.
Dec 23, 2017 2:03 PM

Dec 2016
I really like Chise's new staff and man I hope Nevin remains as a reoccurring character because he's just so wise and cool and he could definitely play a big part in the rise of Chise and her powers and abilities
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 23, 2017 2:08 PM

Dec 2012
Another amazing & wonderful episode. This show is so freaking beautiful. I can't get enough of it.

Lindel singing is always wonderful. Chise creating her wand/staff was cool.
Nevin giving Chise advice was great. It's exactly what she needed.

Chise transforming into a Phoenix & flying to Elias with the OP song playing was magnificent.

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 23, 2017 2:45 PM

Apr 2012
Yo, phoenix time my neeks.

Still not a fan of Lindel's song, the singer's voice is just too different from Namikawa's.
Dec 23, 2017 3:17 PM

Sep 2016
BlackstarFallen said:
Chise got to make her wand, which looks pretty cool, and had a very interesting conversation with Nevin. The scene where she turned into a phoenix and the OP being played was absolutely breathtaking. I was left speechless because on how beautifully magical the scene was. That scene with Chise's parents though.
hell yea fam that scene made me catch chills it was so wonderfully done, im really looking forward to next weeks episode looks like the tension is about to rerise again.
Facta Non Verba
Dec 23, 2017 3:33 PM

Jan 2014
Damn. It's very interesting how the OP song seems rather sad at first glance. However, when that same song was used when she transformed into a phoenix, it was very empowering; it took on a new meaning for me. I just thought that was something worthwhile to note. This was a good way to end the midway point.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 23, 2017 3:58 PM
Nov 2013
Do you know the title of Lindel's song? It's so beautiful. Who is the singer? Lindel's seiyuu? Has it been released yet? All those moments in the land of dragons are my favourite.
Dec 23, 2017 4:02 PM

Aug 2013
good conclusion to the first half, things gonna get lit for part 2
Don't believe the hype.
Dec 23, 2017 4:39 PM

Nov 2010
I've been waiting for the phoenix part since the first episode. What an enchanting scene and it even better with the second half of the op song which I really love so much. I love every seconds of this episode. The same Lindel song is back again but it's ok. The meaning of the op song is really about Chise feeling. Until this moment, this anime never fail to amaze me and i have really pleasant feeling every time I watch this anime. I wonder if the we will get new OP song in the next episode. Whenever i see Chise and Elias together, it always warm my heart.

We also got to see the teaser of the second part of this anime. When i saw that dragon on the building , it gave me chills. I read the manga until the latest chapter and I have some idea when they will end this anime but honestly I"m craving for either manga or anime of Mahoutsukai no Yome because I love it so much. Too bad I cancelled go to Comic Fiesta last week because of personal issue. Yamazaki Kore was there at the event.

Dec 23, 2017 7:10 PM

Jun 2017
I couldn't decide if the phoenix scene was awesome or if it was weird. Other than that, good end to the first half! I cant wait for the next half!
Dec 23, 2017 7:40 PM

Jun 2015
Holy crap, such a fantastic episode. Nevin is such a great character, I really hope to see more of him in the future. The art and animation in this episode was jaw-droppingly beautiful, and paired with a great ost made for such a great 24 minutes. I also really love the pace the show is taking with this adaption. About one chapter per episode, right? I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how WIT is doing it. This allows for a lot of awesome creative freedom in terms of the bigger sequences (such as that Phoenix scene) with the soundtrack and animation. So good. First cour is over....... I'm not caught up with the manga so I don't know what will be happening next. That ending preview really surprised me... looks like things will really be heating up soon. The ost during the first part of the preview after the ed song played was really intense. Beautifully animated, though. Gosh I can't wait for the next episode!!

5/5
Dec 23, 2017 8:53 PM

Jan 2013
the 2nd cour is gonna be wild
Dec 23, 2017 8:55 PM

Mar 2011
So glad that Nevin (in his own wise words) was like "have some nerve and start believing in yourself." It was an important conversation for Chise's development.
Dec 23, 2017 9:06 PM

Mar 2016
Really great episode
Thank jesus that there is more episodes after this one!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2017 9:34 PM

Dec 2015
MomoSinX said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Fantastic episode.

I hope you don't mind me asking but I only watch the anime so I was wondering whether those scenes we saw at the end of the episode with Elias in his other form and Chise's white cloak etc. are going to happen in the immediate future aka the next few episodes or at the end of the season or next season?

I had the impression that it was supposed to highlight the finale of the second half of the first season and that they were not part of the next episodes preview (?)

Do you happen to know how many episodes it'll probably take until these events take place?
Dec 23, 2017 9:39 PM
Mar 2017
The opening seems to be sung by Shakira and the ending looks like a church song, but both songs are irresistibly beautiful.

7/10
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Dec 23, 2017 9:59 PM

Jun 2017
Jacksnapp said:
MomoSinX said:

I hope you don't mind me asking but I only watch the anime so I was wondering whether those scenes we saw at the end of the episode with Elias in his other form and Chise's white cloak etc. are going to happen in the immediate future aka the next few episodes or at the end of the season or next season?

I had the impression that it was supposed to highlight the finale of the second half of the first season and that they were not part of the next episodes preview (?)

Do you happen to know how many episodes it'll probably take until these events take place?

You got the right impression imo.

There were also many things that weren't teased so look forward to those :D.
Dec 23, 2017 10:48 PM
Nov 2017
ah where to start? Despite Lindel's apparent love for singing, which as beautiful as it is, can make me a little impatient. I was glad when she was able to visit Nevil in the "inbetween" meeting space.

The episode took off when I was captivated with Chise's use of fire magic to travel; and the music! Oh the music, I'm sure we can all agree you feel a little something inside every time it plays. like magic.

As for the evolving relationship dynamic between Elias and Chise, I found myself letting out inhuman noises and clapping my hands like a seal when they finally reunite. I mean I was hoping for it last episode but the wait was well worth it!

So excited to see where this show goes with the newfound knowledge of a little sister and a happy moment shared with Chise's mother in her dream.

Cant wait for next Saturday!
Dec 23, 2017 11:18 PM
Jul 2018
The pheonix was cool and kinda lame at the same time when they panned out idk

Wtf was that after the ED?
Dec 23, 2017 11:18 PM

Jan 2014
that Phoenix transformation tho. it's beautiful.

Chise family isn't that bad. then I am wondering, why her mother came to hate Chise when she's such a caring and loving mother?
Dec 23, 2017 11:49 PM

Jan 2015
A_NoticingSenpai said:
Wtf was that after the ED?

A trailer of the second cour, I guess
Dec 24, 2017 12:02 AM

May 2015
Nice Phoenix flying. Chise has got herself a Phoenix wand. And the preview shows Chise wearing a robe suitable for a mage. All we need to see now is a transformation sequence from common girl Chise to Magical Girl Chise...

And so the first cour ends along with the voice of our Mysterious Venus. In the 2nd cour, the Galactic Fairy will take over. (Kudos to anyone who gets the reference ^_^)
TarotistDec 24, 2017 12:08 AM
Dec 24, 2017 12:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Chise has a new "stick"!!
Dec 24, 2017 12:57 AM

Apr 2017
What a magical episode I have ever watched at the end of this week's episode. Hatori Chise finally made up her own staff with the help of Linden. She had also master the fire magic and turned herself a phoenix. She flew back to her beloved Elias. It was mystically fantastic scene because they included the OP song. Everything's turned out well. We got a little glimpse for the second half of the anime.
Dec 24, 2017 1:00 AM

Jul 2015
This episode is the proof why this is the best episode of this season.

So next cour will be about London Dragon Arc.

The preview looks awesome.

Dec 24, 2017 1:06 AM

Apr 2012
Tarotist said:
Chise has got herself a Phoenix wand.
I'm seeing a toucan but they probably intended a robin. Or I guess you meant a phoenix transformation spell wand and I should shut it.
Dec 24, 2017 2:32 AM

Aug 2015
Gosh dang it. This show. Amazing episode.
I don't know where this show is going, but I'm loving every minute of it.
Dec 24, 2017 2:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Wow, this was some scintillating, eye-candy and exceptional episode. Simply brilliant!

Chise getting to make her own wand followed by the conversation with Nevin and then the gorgeous spectacle when Chise took off from the ground and flew across the sky, all of these were just excellent. Personally, I just loved how the Op was used for it since this is most likely the last time it’ll be used. It was just so mesmerizing really, I was left speechless. Moving on, kudos to Nevin for that brilliant speech and I’m glad Chise realized in time too. Chise falling into Elias’s arm’s was sweet to watch and I’m curious as to what she was desperate to tell him, although I’m pretty sure I’m aware of what exactly it is that she was trying to say. It was nice to see some flashback from Chise’s life which was for the first time in a while not depressing, but something heartwarming. Guess Chise’s mom wasn’t really that bad of a mother like how Chise has always had the impression of growing up.
Can’t wait for the Second cour to be adapted and this teaser trailer, or whatever it was, has seriously piqued my interest. Chise looked so freakin’ cool in that, and the mysterious creature shown there looked very much alike to Elias. I wonder if they have any sort of connection to each other or something. Whatever the case, I’m hoping the Second cour of this show will be better than this first introductory cour. Fingers crossed, 🤞.

And with that, it calls for the end of the first brilliantly stunning story with soothing music company and visually appealing first cour of this show and the initiation of its second most anticipated cour, or at least to me.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 24, 2017 4:03 AM

Feb 2017
Beautiful episode. I really liked her conversation with Nevin. He is right that she is free, should think more about herself and choose her own path.
So, Chise's mother was pregnant. I wonder if she miscarried and blamed Chise for it.

Seeing the preview and hearing Nakata Jouji left me hyped for the next episode. Looks like we might get some kind of a new villain .
Dec 24, 2017 4:45 AM

Apr 2016
I liked Chise with her air backward.

Abyhape said:
that Phoenix transformation tho. it's beautiful.

Chise family isn't that bad. then I am wondering, why her mother came to hate Chise when she's such a caring and loving mother?

Since we didn't hear anything about a sister or a brother, we can suppose something went awfully wrong with her second child. Why would be Chise hold responsible ? I have no clue (I didn't read the manga) but the lost of a child can make big damages in family's relationships. It's an usual trope in drama stories.
Dec 24, 2017 5:07 AM

Feb 2014
Simply breathtakingly stunning...those are the words that came to my mind when Chise transformed into a fire phoenix and flew through the sky back home, while the entire OP song from the second verse onwards played during the whole scene.

It's those scenes that really sum up why I love this show so much! ^_^

Same goes for Chise's meeting with Nevin again and the talk they both had, which was very insightful and interesting.

The shearing season was a surprise, but a good and funny one though. I would be confused to bits if I woke up, opened the curtains back they're sheep all squished into the window itself. =3

This episode was fantastic, but the 15 second teaser and 15 second preview at the end was most certainly surprising and has left me with many questions. I hope the second half on the show is as good, if not, better than the first half. =D
Dec 24, 2017 5:17 AM
Sep 2017
Esse episodio foi simplesmente lindo, a conversa com o Nevin foi legal, mais a parte que ela usa a varinha e ''vira'' a fênis meu Deus foi lindo, a chegada no Elias.... Mais e esse sonho? A mãe e o pai dela também viam os monstros lá?Quero muito saber...
Mais e essa prévia? Um outro aprendiz do Elias? E esse Dragão? AAAAAAAAAHHH Que venha Janeiro com esses próximos episodios....
Dec 24, 2017 6:01 AM

Jul 2014
Excellent episode, and definitely an excellent choice for a halfway point for this season. It was good to see Nevin again, and his scene with Chise was excellent, although that dream sequence and what Nevin implied makes me wonder how her family went from being so happy to the disastrous situation that led to everything that brought us to Chise selling herself off.

Lots of interesting questions to ponder for the second cour, thast's for sure.
Dec 24, 2017 8:18 AM

Nov 2016
Wonderful episode,great way to end this cour.

Hyped for the second one and the new opening and ending.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

375 by yelansh »»
Mar 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.