Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 10, 2017 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's nice to see treasure hunter Sarah getting screen time. Seems this show has a lovable cast so far with diverse personalities.

The food this episode looked very ordinary tbh but I think the anime captured the texture and details well. The mystery vibe also is nice and I kinda like how the show even gave a glimpse of Sarah's childhood. Second half of this episode really gave more of an adventure feel. It's interesting that travelers, adventurers, and all type of people finding this restaurant .
Jul 10, 2017 10:18 AM
Apr 2017
Funny .. its not even out on RAW yet
Jul 10, 2017 10:26 AM

Feb 2016
WarriorOfTimes said:
Funny .. its not even out on RAW yet

this anime is aired at july 11th 01:35~02:05 JST,so there are dozens of people who watched this anime on TV
Jul 10, 2017 10:32 AM

Feb 2016
This episode was first two episode in novel,so I feel like these two should be first episode.
But overall,I loved this episode.
It's very good to see Isekaixgourmet anime!
Jul 10, 2017 11:25 AM

May 2013
I don't know this but it feel the show trying to throw some little hint about culture or civilization the other world without blatantly explain it, like the moon in background when the guy ran from monster or the value of shrimp in that world.
Jul 10, 2017 11:44 AM

Dec 2014
Where is this restaurant?! Good food, free water/bread/sauce refills, bro chef, cute maid..
There wasn't enough Aletta in this episode; but the story about the knight was quite interesting. If every customer tells a different story about their world, this could become one of my favorites this season. The treasure hunter didn't get nearly as much screen time, so they probably will just skip details about some characters unfortunately.
Jul 10, 2017 11:54 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Looks like the door is present in multiple worlds and connects all of them to the restaurant. That answers my questions from last episode regarding the world setting. I actually really love this setup, I expect to see a lot of diversity in the customers and each with their own story should be a pleasure to watch. Really enjoyed both the stories from this episode. :)

Ha ha ha! You're not gonna get me twice with all that mouth watering food show, I came prepared with my own chocolate bar to ease the craving. XD
.......But the shrimp and meat cutlets looked so good. T.T
Jul 10, 2017 11:57 AM

Jun 2013
Another fun episode!
I just hope it doesnt get too repetitive.
Jul 10, 2017 11:57 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I love this show. This is an 8/10 on lock by episode 2 already as i don't see this show failing.

The author who had this idea needs a medal. I had goosebumps whenever they enjoyed the food. Also the characters and backstories surrounding them are enjoyable, too.

Oh man <3
Jul 10, 2017 11:59 AM

Feb 2016
Daily Meal restores fully your HP and MP/Stamina, it also gives you a boost on your stats for 6 days

Fried Shrimp heals 50% HP, Fully Restores your MP/Stamina and gives you a boost on MP/Stamina for 6 days

(I just made that out of imagination lol)

this is getting interesting and heartwarming too, boy I would like to go to that restaurant
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jul 10, 2017 12:09 PM

Aug 2013
Director of this series should be paid in gold. The atmosphere is great. Almost nothing is happening, but I can't stop watching it. That's why I'm in love with SOL.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 10, 2017 12:17 PM

Jun 2015
It seems the door connects to different worlds and is only available once every seven days on the Day of Satur. I loved the knight's reaction to fried shrimp. I like seeing how a character finds the door and knowing some backstory for them. The way they're being fed is so satisfying.
Jul 10, 2017 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
This just really makes me feel good by watching it. Seeing people with different stories coming to share a meal at this place relishing in good food? Yeah, it's a nice way to start the week with a feel good vibe.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 10, 2017 12:27 PM

Jul 2013
Anathor said:
Where is this restaurant?! Good food, free water/bread/sauce refills, bro chef, cute maid..
There wasn't enough Aletta in this episode; but the story about the knight was quite interesting. If every customer tells a different story about their world, this could become one of my favorites this season. The treasure hunter didn't get nearly as much screen time, so they probably will just skip details about some characters unfortunately.
You just said basically everything I wanted to say, lmao.

I still find funny how the knight took his time to repeat the fried shrimps while his partners were dying against the mothmen (though, I don't think it was that big of a deal, since he reached the duchy in enough time to save them, but it was still amusing).
Jul 10, 2017 12:39 PM

Sep 2013
Multiple doors appears every 7 days in fixed locations, the mystery deepens.
Treasure hunter girl and knight guy, the chef is generous.
Jul 10, 2017 12:48 PM
Jul 2017
For me this is a feel good anime. Episode 2 was great! I loved the treasure hunter girl she was cute! and the part with the shrimp made me tear up. He finally got to eat shrimp. this is one of those animes where you just enjoy the show with a good meal thats the best way to watch it. This show is one of those shows to lighten up your day which i love!it makes me wanna make shrimp again! this is a hidden gem for sure. I dig the style and the animation and alleta is sooo cute!! i want to see more of her shes so bashful :D
Jul 10, 2017 12:53 PM
Mar 2016
Fantasy base SOL
SOL always be gold
but score too low
MAL user only some ecchi stuff or overrated action in their mind :|
Jul 10, 2017 12:58 PM

Jun 2017
Another great episode. I can't be the only one who gets hungry watching this even after eating.
Jul 10, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2014
The fact that it took me until the end of the episode to realize that the Day of Satur was basically their way of saying Saturday made me feel dumb lol.

Another nice episode, I really like the calm nature of this show. It's amazing how a show about a bunch of people from different walks of life stumbling upon this restaurant to enjoy delicious food could be so enjoyable.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 10, 2017 1:25 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode.

Looks like the door is present in multiple worlds and connects all of them to the restaurant. That answers my questions from last episode regarding the world setting. I actually really love this setup, I expect to see a lot of diversity in the customers and each with their own story should be a pleasure to watch. Really enjoyed both the stories from this episode. :)

Ha ha ha! You're not gonna get me twice with all that mouth watering food show, I came prepared with my own chocolate bar to ease the craving. XD
.......But the shrimp and meat cutlets looked so good. T.T
You pretty much said everything I came to say......I'm gonna also love to see all these characters show up and interact with each other too

And yeah man, you can't watch this show on an empty stomach otherwise you will suffer like hell xD
Jul 10, 2017 1:30 PM

Nov 2016
The idea of this show,the relaxed atmosphere as well as the optic of the food are indeed good.

Yet I think this show will loose it's touch after a couple of episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 10, 2017 1:42 PM

Nov 2011
Shouldn't have watched this right before dinner- I'm starving now lol. This episode was interesting! It's very relaxing to watch so far and I can tell I'm going to enjoy it each week.

Jul 10, 2017 1:47 PM
Feb 2012
Hamudanu said:
Fantasy base SOL
SOL always be gold
but score too low
MAL user only some ecchi stuff or overrated action in their mind :|

You take this bullshit back because if you look at MAL's top 500 anime there's not that much ecchi at all. There's a lot of action but there's also SoL and other types of series too.
If you look at Summer 2017 this one isn't scored highest but it's far from being too low. There's 19 other series behind it in score right now.
Jul 10, 2017 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
Oh nice its really about food and they make good job to make me hungry after watch this
Into the Internet!
Jul 10, 2017 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
Another good episode. The chef is quite generous.

This show got me again. I'm so hungry now. The meat cutlets looked so good.

Jul 10, 2017 2:16 PM
Jul 2016
The food looked so delicious, gonna make the minced meat cutlet tomorrow :D
Jul 10, 2017 2:23 PM

May 2015
What a great episode and the food just looks so good!

Jul 10, 2017 2:37 PM

Apr 2014
Quite meh..

________
Jul 10, 2017 2:50 PM

Feb 2014
The hidden gem of the summer season strikes again! =)

Two different characters have their spotlight in encountering the door to the Nekoya restaurant on the Day of Satur, which is Saturday for them I assume. Still, seeing both reactions of the treasure hunter and knight as they ate their Meat Cutlets and Fried Shrimp respectively never got stale.

Their tales of their visit to the Nekoya restaurant always put a big smile on my face. It was the same reaction and satisfaction I had when I first watched Gourmet Girls Graffiti and Food Wars back in 2015, even if both of those shows differ slightly from each other and this show, but their passion for beautifully made food always gets me hungry. =P

I'm hoping next weeks serving will be as delicious and satisfying as this one is. =)
Jul 10, 2017 3:19 PM
Jun 2016
Love this show. Someone really loves his shrimp! I would rather have the cutlet.
Jul 10, 2017 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
Just the laid back thing I need on a Monday afternoon. The ED is absolutely fantastic. Hell, the entire OST has been on point.
Jul 10, 2017 4:20 PM

Feb 2016
I love this so much. The resturant being a treasure hunter's last great secret actually made me tear up a bit, for some reason. This place clearly has a long history. If Isekai Shokudou keeps being this good, it'll probably end up as my AOTS.
Jul 10, 2017 4:22 PM
Feb 2015
I can't be the only one who wonders what Gordon Ramsey would think of this little restaurant...
Jul 10, 2017 4:57 PM

Dec 2014
What a max comfy atmosphere. To think I'd seriously enjoy watching an animated show about people eating.

Really like the treasure hunter's character design for some reason... I hope she comes back.
I need sleep.
Jul 10, 2017 5:11 PM
Apr 2017
I don't eat meat but the meat cutlet looks yummy... The ebi fry with tartar sauce, wow! Haha! What makes me happy with this anime is the food...
Jul 10, 2017 5:17 PM
Jul 2017
Didn't like this episode as much as I thought I would... I like Aletta and Tenshu, and don't mind the pace, but the stories were a bit underwhelming. Still giving it a chance though.

That fried shrimp did look good.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Jul 10, 2017 5:18 PM

Mar 2016
this show gives a very family feel. It isn't especially interesting but it puts a smile on your face at the end of the episodes.
Jul 10, 2017 5:28 PM

Jun 2013
Enjoyed this more then the first episode look forward to more. They aren't going over the top with the foodgasm expressions which is somewhat refreshing too.
Jul 10, 2017 6:58 PM

Feb 2013
:( no dragon lady.

also the food he is making is pretty simple but good.
Jul 10, 2017 7:12 PM

May 2017
lonelytree said:
Really like the treasure hunter's character design for some reason... I hope she comes back.

I came here to say the very same thing! So glad I wasn't the only one to think that.

I'll try to put it into words...
She's clearly cute but not in a girly/loli/over-moe way
She's mature looking but not in the traditional hypersexualized way
The costume looks cool and practical while still being feminine

I wish we had more character designs like hers across all anime in general.
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Jul 10, 2017 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
PoisonedTea said:
:( no dragon lady.

also the food he is making is pretty simple but good.

Tfw no aka no joou heh
Jul 10, 2017 7:33 PM

Jul 2016
Always a good time to stop and have dinner in a restaurant while your men are being killed buy humanoid moths :)
Jul 10, 2017 7:36 PM

Feb 2009
Damn I love this show. The details on every bite is incredibly on point, and the cook is a great guy there's just something lax about him. Pretty cool.
Jul 10, 2017 7:48 PM

May 2016
I really like the little song that always plays in the preview.

Specially this masterful version that played on the PV:
HyperLJul 10, 2017 7:55 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 10, 2017 7:52 PM

Dec 2014
Phantasy_Starved said:

I'll try to put it into words...
She's clearly cute but not in a girly/loli/over-moe way
She's mature looking but not in the traditional hypersexualized way
The costume looks cool and practical while still being feminine

I wish we had more character designs like hers across all anime in general.

I completely agree, although we know that's not happening with all the fan-service and oppai-obsessed people basically funding the industry. Apparently, the character designer for the show's source material and Baccano's are the same.
I need sleep.
Jul 10, 2017 7:59 PM

Dec 2014
well this was interesting ..love for shrimps ...hmmm
Jul 10, 2017 8:10 PM

Jul 2014
I really don't get this obsession with food orgasm shows in the last few years. Bizarrely they tend to be some of the more well done shows too.
Jul 10, 2017 8:52 PM

Jan 2008
Day of Satur...so Saturdays...one of the busiest days of the week in most cases, though don't know if that also applies to the number of doors in the other world appearing all at once or one at a time.

This makes me interested in the way the door works now. Would be it possible to go in from one location, and later leave together with another customer who came in from another location and instantly be transported to a distant territory? Otherwise, I would assume a single customer leaves from the same door they came in through on the other side. If I were a peddler/merchant, I'd try to exploit this feature somehow by trying to get the other patrons as collaborators. Or if it's not possible, then just take my chances, follow another customer out when they leave, while carrying enough food and water for a week in a worst case scenario until I can get back in on Saturday and try again...all the while enjoying good food once a week.

Omelettecat said:
Shouldn't have watched this right before dinner- I'm starving now lol. This episode was interesting! It's very relaxing to watch so far and I can tell I'm going to enjoy it each week.

^Mfw when watching this. Food look so good...so hungry now. This has quickly become one of my favorite shows of the season.
Jul 10, 2017 9:05 PM

Jan 2010
Love the 2nd part. Really brings a tear that he gets to eat the shrimp again
Jul 10, 2017 9:32 PM

Jun 2013
Despite the very different backstories of our two other worlders today, by time they made it to the restaurant I felt like I was watching the exact same thing:

1. "Nani is this place?"
2. "Hmm this looks omoshiroi."
3. "OMFG IT'S OISHI!"
4. "Okawari, good sir!"

I like the show's atmosphere and SOL in general, but I'm worried about it becoming too repetitive for my tastes. Let's see how next week goes.

Give me more dragon lady. She was interesting.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Easter hunt help

Canfro - Apr 16, 2022

18 by Mithun1237 »»
Apr 3, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2017

163 by chocoalyaUwU »»
Apr 1, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2017

69 by gyanburubii »»
Jan 8, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2017

83 by Hayley2877 »»
Sep 14, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Isekai Shokudou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2017

74 by Hayley2877 »»
Aug 31, 2023 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.