Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 10 Discussion

WorldEnd: What Do You Do at the End of the World? Are You Busy? Will You Save Us?
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 13, 2017 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This series really has a thing for massages lol..

Chtholly's condition doesn't seem to be doing well..
In the meantime, we got more scenes of the mysterious red hair girl. Willem's recall of certain humans and their role in the world gave me the chills.

That marriage proposal though~
Jun 13, 2017 8:45 AM

Dec 2014
More treatments this week! Rhan's was a bit awkward though xD the background music choice didn't help either.
They should just leave the first technitian and his crew behind and to return back home..
Lillya fought Elq in the past, finally we have a connection between the braves and the red haired little girl. Wish they would have explained more about both now, but I guess that will be for the last episode.

The second sword maintenance scene was more sad to see than the first one, given the circumstances and Chtholly's condition T_T But there is no time to mope as we got another plot bomb with Desperatio turning out to be a human killing sword. Kalyons adapt to a certain type of race, depending on the number of foes of that race that are slayed by them. So the puzzle pieces are all coming together.

The porposal was different, much more melancholic and serious (especially from Chtholly's side); which is why I found it more fitting given what Willem just found out. It's was slightly out of the blue without inner thoughts though.

I wonder how they are going to adapt a certain part, given the fact that they anticipated the expedition done by the technitian. But from the op's memory image they showed something hinting about the fact that they will still add it in somehow.

This week's memory scenes:
http://imgur.com/a/a3hon

AnathorJun 13, 2017 9:02 AM
Jun 13, 2017 9:21 AM

Oct 2012
As an LN reader, this hurts.
I prefer how the proposal was handled in this ep but it was heartbreaking at the same time.
Jun 13, 2017 9:33 AM

Jul 2014
When Rhan asked "From what humans created monsters?" I thought to myself "From... humans". And I was right :-)

So Lillia killed Elq, but she wouldn't kill a human child, right? So that means Elq was a human child turned into monster, right? If that's the case then were other fairies created in the same way?
Jun 13, 2017 9:36 AM

Mar 2016
Satelight making those treatments more and more suggestive than I imagined especially Rhan's lol
Willem's proposal came from the fact he wanted to cherish and focus on what he has gained in the present rather than thinking of that sad past and letting ugly thoughts creep into his mind.
He's about to be hit by the stark reality.
Shishou_23Jun 13, 2017 9:44 AM
Jun 13, 2017 9:53 AM

Jun 2015
It's nice seeing Chtholly helping out. Her condition is getting worse. Got to see more of the red hair girl. The massage scene was awkward. At least the girls feel better now. Willem learned something disturbing while tuning Nopht's sword. That marriage proposal though. It was so melancholic. Willem found out a reason to keep living. Chtholly helped him with that.
Jun 13, 2017 10:02 AM

Nov 2013
So, I shall interpret it that the failed human experiment was the cause of human extinction?
Jun 13, 2017 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
Wow a marriage proposal, this would've been happy end but the episode number sold you out, I can see things go downhill fast next week.
Jun 13, 2017 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
Those massages. Especially Rhan's one.

So the beasts are created from humans to be biological weapons and so are the fairies I think it was their souls, not too sure about that since Desperatio can only be used by humans to kill humans. Interesting.

Willem's proposal was quite touching. Though I fear this will take a dark turn.

Jun 13, 2017 10:18 AM

Sep 2013
it's a really good part about Chtholly past character wasn't a random character. so her past was a human test object(?) which is hide somewhere and she met Lillia (the red hair girl) and killed by Lillia(?). Chtholly in her previous life has some weird power i think because when she talk, Lillia looks tremble like getting a high pressure.

if i'm not wrong with what i get so far, human made the "beast" from another human and those "beast" devour the other human and change(?) them into beast(?). and when those "beast" defeated, their lingering soul/whatever it called was changed into the "fairy".
what an irony.

can anyone help me with the information where those human-animal came from? i might forgot it.

edit: with the pace + the small preview on the first episode i think it's gonna end in 1-cour even though i hope it's a 2-cour one
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Jun 13, 2017 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
Leo_10 said:
So the beasts are created from humans to be biological weapons and so are the fairies I think it was their souls, not too sure about that since Desperatio can only be used by humans to kill humans. Interesting.

That's how it looks to me right now.
The beasts/monsters (choose your own name) were created from humans by humans to fight against... humans?

And yes, it looks like fairies were created from souls of children turned into monsters.
Jun 13, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2016
Dat erotic massage tho xD

Humans killing humans that plottwist ala Attack on Titan was quite shocking for Wilhelm. The tension during that scene was quite good.

But the following proposal came totally unexpected (was more surprised than Wilhelm a few moments earlier) and unfortunately I couldn't really feel it.

Overall it was a decent episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 13, 2017 10:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013

Bet the fanboys/girls had a field day with that scene
Jun 13, 2017 10:30 AM

Mar 2016

mozgow said:
When Rhan asked "From what humans created monsters?" I thought to myself "From... humans". And I was right :-)

So Lillia killed Elq, but she wouldn't kill a human child, right? So that means Elq was a human child turned into monster, right? If that's the case then were other fairies created in the same way?

Just a clue you can find within the episode. Lilia, a brave, killed Elq. Rewind that scene where Rhan reads from her book while walking, she read the following:

Now you can make the connection
Jun 13, 2017 10:44 AM

Sep 2015
FUCK YOU ITS DEATH FLAG ARGH

BRING IT ON I AM NOT READY
Into the Internet!
Jun 13, 2017 10:49 AM

May 2015
HaXXspetten said:

lol so true. This is how you do romance in a fantasy anime!!! real scenes! no tsunderes and clueless hero! Finally!
Jun 13, 2017 10:50 AM

Sep 2015
There is something with this series and massages. I would massage Rhan any day :P

So humans are the beasts. I can only imagine how it must be like for you to be infected and turn in to a beast or injected with some thing. No sure the actual method but that's how i imagine it. It seems Chtholly past life might have something to do with this.

Dat marriage proposal was a surprise tbh. Some people say it is a death flag but I think this is still too early for the series to just kill off the heroine.
Jun 13, 2017 11:14 AM

Aug 2013
I'm definitely not ready for next episode.
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Jul 2014
DragonSlayer_19 said:

mozgow said:

Just a clue you can find within the episode. Lilia, a brave, killed Elq. Rewind that scene where Rhan reads from her book while walking, she read the following:

I think I'm still missing few dots to form a full story but my theory is that

There's one more thing I'm curious right now.

Aug 2014
forced feels and romance was what this episode felt like to me , hopefully will have a bad ending with lots of deaths .
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Jun 13, 2017 11:19 AM

Mar 2016
mozgow said:
DragonSlayer_19 said:

I think I'm still missing few dots to form a full story but my theory is that

There's one more thing I'm curious right now.

About the last point, The thing is it was mentioned several time humans were a despised race. They turned other species against them, drove them into a corner. With dug weapons as mighty weapons wielded only by them, who can stand in a brave's face? It tipped the balance of the species in their favor. That's why humans had their own settlements and empires unlike the Islands that's populated by demi-humans after humans went extinct.
Shishou_23Jun 13, 2017 11:28 AM
Jun 13, 2017 11:42 AM

Jul 2014
@DragonSlayer_19
Thanks, it seems I missed that part :-)
Jun 13, 2017 11:49 AM

Sep 2013
Chtolly putting her wife skills to use .
Willem finds out the beasts are humans :O
He gets sad and proposes to chtolly :)
Jun 13, 2017 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode.

Them massages in the beginning, Dirty thoughts Willem, Dirty thoughts. :) :)
Chtholly sure rose up the rankings of the soldiers fast. XD

So Lilia fought and possibly killed Elq in the past, interesting.
That revelation about Nopht's sword was quite intriguing, it's a sword that can only kill one's own kind. So I suppose that confirms that the beasts were created from humans. While the exact method is still unknown this is quite the revelation.

I didn't expect Wilem to propose at that particular instant but it was nice. :)
Jun 13, 2017 12:41 PM

Dec 2016
zcv45 said:

Dat marriage proposal was a surprise tbh. Some people say it is a death flag but I think this is still too early for the series to just kill off the heroine.

Just rewatch the ep 1, and you will understand...
HiddenArmyJun 13, 2017 12:46 PM
Jun 13, 2017 12:54 PM

Feb 2015
death flags everywhere this episode. All they need to do is buy a boat and call it 'Live forever'

I sense the feels train is incoming...................
Jun 13, 2017 12:57 PM
Mar 2015
Amid the chaos, the proposal is a moment of peace and happiness for them Time for Willem to face the beast since he is human Chtolly is facing herself in the mirror as she comes face to face with who she was and what happened to her
Jun 13, 2017 1:20 PM
Feb 2017
So both the monsters and fairies are created from humans. This fact raises many questions and theories for me.

1. Lilia was fighting for her love who is presumed to be "Willem"?

2. Since Lilia was fighting Elq, was Elq not human?
Is so, then Chtholly is not Elq reincarnated?

3. Is Chtholly actually Lilia?
Since both Elq and Lilia were red hair, it was a way to throw us off. The memory Chtholly had actullay was her being Lilia interacting with Elq? So Lilia (now Chtholly) and Willem reunite after 500 years? This will be a nice twist and sweet story.
Jun 13, 2017 1:33 PM

May 2015
Beasts made out of humans. That's definitely messed up.

Sweet moment that proposal, but damn, I can't help but feel the next episode will break that in an instant with that preview....

Jun 13, 2017 1:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Between finding out the truth about the beasts and knowing that without a doubt, somebody I love is gonna die, I dunno which is more fucked up

I can't even enjoy the ending scene between Holly and Will because of all the death flags they raised lol >.<

yslee9 said:
So both the monsters and fairies are created from humans. This fact raises many questions and theories for me.

Since both Elq and Lilia were red hair, it was a way to throw us off. The memory Chtholly had actullay was her being Lilia interacting with Elq? So Lilia (now Chtholly) and Willem reunite after 500 years? This will be a nice twist and sweet story.
All questions that I was wondering about this episode
Jun 13, 2017 1:56 PM

Jan 2017
So humans turned themselves into monsters and destroyed the world. What I still don't understand is what kind of civilization mankind had before in this setting. Was it a magical fantasy world? or high technology (which one could suggest by the term "biological weapon")? From the looks of Willem's images from the past it looks more like the former.

Seriously, though, once Willem's emotions surface, there's lots of em coming. Suddenly he realizes that there is a future for him and Chtolly, and as before, he can't wait to get things settled...
Jun 13, 2017 2:05 PM
Aug 2015
I wonder who Lillia loved...Hmmm....

Also, Death flag. I know this was going to come sooner or later but i can not help but feel that they are going to die. So sad.
Jun 13, 2017 2:08 PM

Sep 2014
Every episodes this anime finds a way to get me depressed... I want it to be a happy ending, but thats foolish.
Jun 13, 2017 2:20 PM
Jul 2016
Tokoya said:
Between finding out the truth about the beasts and knowing that without a doubt, somebody I love is gonna die, I dunno which is more fucked up

I can't even enjoy the ending scene between Holly and Will because of all the death flags they raised lol >.<

yslee9 said:

All questions that I was wondering about this episode

i also was wondering
can some ln reader answer these? (even if its a spoiler)
Jun 13, 2017 3:39 PM

Apr 2013
@Yagokor : read the first line of the first post. This is against the rules of that type of thread EVEN if you put then into spoiler tags and your post can be reported for this.
Please do not discuss of anything not revealed yet in the anime. You were quite a bit cautious with the spoiler content so kuddos to you, but that's still a no, so please remove it and send him that answer by pm if you want.
Jun 13, 2017 3:42 PM
Oct 2011
Zefyris said:
@Yagokor : read the first line of the first post.

Oh, right, my bad.
Jun 13, 2017 4:03 PM

Jan 2016
Wilhem found out something he didn't want to I presume! The beasts are basically humans and I guess the faries are created by the souls of the children turned into beasts if I understood this correctly?

Anyways Wilhem decided to propose out of nowhere, but It was good. If this was not a fantasy like anime I would be a bit disturbed but it isn't, which makes this good!
Jun 13, 2017 4:21 PM
Oct 2011
But third qustion was just misunderstanding of current story, so:

yslee9 said:

YagokorJun 13, 2017 4:27 PM
Jun 13, 2017 5:07 PM

Oct 2013
That was a good episode. Just as I was thinking, "I wonder what happened to Elq."...bam! there she is. I liked Ctholly perfecting her waifu skills and impressing the animal crew.

I was a little surprised to see Pepe has been conscripted into the fleet.

Jun 13, 2017 5:13 PM

Dec 2016
Haha funny start there with the massaging.

Chtholly is becoming a real pro at domestic stuff.

All these dreams that she keeps having are getting more interesting, now she has one about the girl from Willem's past wanting to kill her former self.

Humans turned into the beasts is what happened?

Yes the proposal!

That was a pretty graphic ending there, though I kinda figured something like that might happen after we saw that lot a few minutes before looking at something on the ceiling.
Jun 13, 2017 6:47 PM

Jun 2016
i hope next episode.. is a good one...
Jun 13, 2017 7:33 PM
Jan 2017
It's good to see some comedy bits contrast a rather dramatic and poignant episode. Willem discovers the truth about the beasts terrorizing the surface, making him even more desperate to protect Chtholly. The scenes between them were masterfully executed thanks to the voice acting and the music. I also enjoyed how the other leprechauns make comments about Willem and Chtholly's relationship, stating what should be obvious to the two. Episodes like this just forestall the poignancy to come.
Jun 13, 2017 8:24 PM
Aug 2014
Ruu said:
HaXXspetten said:

lol so true. This is how you do romance in a fantasy anime!!! real scenes! no tsunderes and clueless hero! Finally!

Except when things go too well you begin to suspect which of the two (or both) are going to die! Been burned one too many times >_>

Jun 13, 2017 8:33 PM
Aug 2014
Two episodes left!

Jun 13, 2017 8:35 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Wilhem and Chtholly are the type of couple that I've always wanted to see and root for in an anime.. :'( I absolutely love the proposal at the end but I can't shake of this feeling that something terrible is going to happen next...
Jun 13, 2017 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
Wow did not expect such a rapid development in romance, but it seems to me that Willem did not pick a good time for the marriage request, but I really like the interaction of this couple, the best couple of the season in my opinion, besides, also had some good scenes with those massages, I'm looking forward to the end, but also quite worried ..
Jun 13, 2017 8:57 PM

Jan 2017
The marriage proposal was SOO touching but the death flags are making me super worried :(
Fate/GO User ID: 696,142,869
Jun 13, 2017 9:02 PM
Feb 2014
This anime just keeps getting better & better, I haven't felt this good about a show since re: zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu. Kinda makes me wish that black bullet would've had another season & makes me wish that deadman wonderland should've continue the show cause the manga was great I LOVE TRAGIC ANIME if any1 knows some good ones please inform me in a message
Jun 13, 2017 9:47 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Something tells me this show might have an ending similar to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann..
I couldn't hold back my tears earlier for that and I'm pretty sure not this time either. Nonetheless, a great episode heading into the final couple of episodes of the anime.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 13, 2017 10:11 PM
Apr 2017
@derprume Lol nice try man, unfortunately or rather fortunately, it's not what your thinking.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2017

459 by Zefyris »»
Yesterday, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

133 by toralbabs »»
Nov 6, 2023 7:11 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2017

144 by toralbabs »»
Nov 5, 2023 2:04 AM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

130 by toralbabs »»
Nov 3, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

85 by toralbabs »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.