Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 5 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 12, 2017 8:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Compared to some of the other episodes, I feel like this one had a more exciting feel to it. For one thing, Aiz fights a more legit opponent that can seems to be able to keep up with her and also repel Lefiya the same time.

I'm somewhat proud of Lefiya this episode though. She demonstrates her talent through the usage of some superior magic. All the seriousness aside, Lefiya still manages to squeeze in one of her delusions about Aiz.
May 12, 2017 9:44 AM

Apr 2010
Ais is getting serious.
That was one large monster at the end.

Anyway it seems we are learning a few things about Ais past and it seems her mother left a few things behind.
Or left without a trace how you want to look at it.
This is getting very interesting now.
May 12, 2017 9:46 AM

Jan 2017
Am I the only one who wants more Aiz x Bell scenes? :(

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

May 12, 2017 10:43 AM

Dec 2014
Another good episode this week. I think the name Aria was mentioned in the original story too right? But it's been so long that I don't remember if they explained Ais's story back then..anyway the moment they switched the focus on Ais this anime managed to raise back from the bottom of my list.
AnathorMay 12, 2017 10:59 AM
May 12, 2017 10:44 AM

Jun 2015
The tamer is quite strong. Ais had a tough time fighting her. She froze a bit when she heard the name Aria. Got to see a bit more of her past. Her mother left her behind. Things are getting more interesting now.
May 12, 2017 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, action was great.

Interesting that the murderer knows Ais or rather refers to her by the name 'Aria'. There was even a short flashback with who I assume are Ais's parents? Interesting development.

The person in the cloak that Uranus talked to was quite interesting as well.

Didn't expect the murderer to be strong enough to defeat Ais but damn Finn is awesome, he actually pushed back that woman. I wanna see him fight more. xD

Looks like Ais's is still in rough shape after her defeat, she decides to do some grinding to get stronger. Wonder how much stronger she can get considering her stats are already pretty high.
May 12, 2017 10:52 AM

Apr 2012
Finn is so badass, props to the antagonist too.
May 12, 2017 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
I'm interested about Ais's backstory after watching this episode.

Ais fought an opponent that pushed her to the limit which was surprising but boss Finn surprised me even more. He can sure fight.

That was one big monster at the end.

May 12, 2017 11:03 AM

Sep 2015
Leo_10 said:
Ais fought an opponent that pushed her to the limit which was surprising but boss Finn surprised me even more. He can sure fight.

Thats because Ais still level 5, and of course Finn is level 6.
May 12, 2017 11:10 AM
Sep 2012
About that Floor Boss in the end of the episode:
May 12, 2017 11:19 AM

Jun 2014
This story has actually become somewhat interesting ever since it stopped focusing so much on Lefiya. The fight against the Floor Boss should be a good one. It was also nice to see a small glimpse of Ais' past.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 12, 2017 11:37 AM

Jul 2012
This is getting more and more interesting, last couple of episodes were really good. That was a nice fight, didn't expect Ais to get beaten and that Finn is so strong. Like Riveria the most from them all and i wonder how strong is she.
Interested also in the Gods schemes, now even considering to read the LN after the season, mb.
May 12, 2017 11:44 AM

Sep 2015
Just like above member Linkmstr said:

Danmachi main series, the scene plot at the end of episode 4. Was the same as this episode end. You can scroll up and see his little spoiler.
May 12, 2017 12:39 PM

May 2014
Well it's getting kinda interesting, I hope the pace would pick up a bit because we're halfway now and I'm still lost.
I'm guessing they explained some things about these gods in the main series, so I'm at a disadvantage here.
May 12, 2017 1:12 PM

Jun 2011
After watching up to this point I do think the anime has gotten slightly better though the animation is still extremely lacking. I do think that everyone who has not already read the manga should go read it as you are really missing out on how good this actually is when put next to the anime. At the very least make sure to read the manga from the start after the season ends.

I would say go read the novel but I am pretty sure the English translated version of them are still behind the translated manga at the moment.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
May 12, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
this is getting real interesting
May 12, 2017 1:30 PM

Apr 2010
I'll just leave this here...

May 12, 2017 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
A bit disapointed about the way some scenes were handled/shortened, but I guess it can't be helped. At least the episode kept itself focused on the story this time as well, just like the previous episode.

allenjke said:
This is getting more and more interesting, last couple of episodes were really good. That was a nice fight, didn't expect Ais to get beaten and that Finn is so strong. Like Riveria the most from them all and i wonder how strong is she.
Interested also in the Gods schemes, now even considering to read the LN after the season, mb.

Too bad the anime skipped a scene where Riveria joined Finn against the woman, or you could have had a better idea of how OP she is. For how OP is their third level 6, you'll have to wait until near the end of the anime series I think. Let's hope they don't skip that.
But well, instead they put a scene about Lefiya's fantasies, we can't have everything right~.
This anime's priorities sometimes, *sigh*.

May 12, 2017 2:07 PM

Feb 2015
swirlydragon said:

I was hoping to see him this episode.
May 12, 2017 2:16 PM

Sep 2016
antonn said:

Please kill her already.. Idk why they've added a new char like her. For some reason, she pisses me off.

Previous episodes were boring af focusing mostly on lefiya. Finn was pretty badass in this episode & now it's kinda getting interesting. I'm quite curious about the backstory of Ais & who was the person who took her mother etc, I hope they'll tell us in upcoming episodes.
I also really want bell or hestia to appear..
SenpieXMay 12, 2017 2:21 PM
May 12, 2017 2:31 PM

Feb 2015
See what happenes when you focus on Ais? Much better episode, in fact probably the strongest so far. Lefiya is still massively annoying and the less we see/ hear from her the better. Next week is shaping up nicely and we have quite an interesting story.
May 12, 2017 2:31 PM

Sep 2013
The tamer easily handles ainz but finn drives her off.
Ainz and riveria now stay so ainz can beat a boss.
May 12, 2017 4:23 PM
Sep 2016
I think all the hate for lefiya is unjustified.

I don't know why people are hating her so much, i know that she was kinda useless in the start of the story but it has to be expected to give her character development,and she is kinda helping them now not much but a little bit.

Also she is only level 3 so don't expect that she can do what a lvl 6 or 5 can do.

Pretty sure that people are triggered just because she has a crush on Ais and thats pretty much it.
May 12, 2017 5:19 PM

May 2015
Damn, Ais went all serious and out in this episode.

Decent episode.

May 12, 2017 6:34 PM

Jun 2012
swirlydragon said:

I dropped this, now I'm like, gonna skip parts till I find Bell, if not, delete...
May 12, 2017 7:59 PM

May 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
This story has actually become somewhat interesting ever since it stopped focusing so much on Lefiya.

Yep.
This was another good episode. Hope this gonna last until the end.
May 12, 2017 9:06 PM

Jan 2017
now that was really cool episode. Got a glimpse of what finn capable to do as top executive in loki familia, Learning more about Ais's past and finally the tamer. Thing just got really interesting.
May 12, 2017 9:44 PM
Sep 2016
Great episode, action was good, but pretty confused as to what these gods and characters are plotting lol.
May 12, 2017 11:26 PM
Oct 2007
Aria seems to be pointing towards Aiz's mother. The tamer silhouette looks a lot like Aiz's father too (might be the same class rather than the same appearance).
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2017 12:10 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
first half of episode full of action and surprise, with memories Aiz includes, and the second half is quite, reflexions and doubts.!!!
Beautiful and cool the Level Boss in the last minute of episode!!!
May 13, 2017 3:31 AM

Dec 2015
Boss Finn is quite good at fighting, I wish they'd show it sooner. So many questions after this episode, damnnnn.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
May 13, 2017 4:24 AM

Feb 2013
- Lefiya annoy me with her delusion, glad it's only couple of second..
- great episode.. the best so far.
- seem like aria was ainz mother, and who's that guy? her father? probably not.
- Wow, finn was strong, stronger than aiz ... also that calm demeanor, no wonder Tione and other girls fall for him
May 13, 2017 4:58 AM
Dec 2016
I liked it much more than the recent ones...it seems just the opening few episodes were flat and a bit boring...this one was much better and im getting excited about this :D
May 13, 2017 5:03 AM

Nov 2011
I'm delighted that after having greatly reduced comic situations, the plot has become more interesting. And I'm also glad that after an initial narrative that revolved around Bell, he only came to tell about facts related to the life of Ais and his co-workers. Go with the next episode!
May 13, 2017 6:18 AM
Nov 2015
So far this the best episode of whole DanMachi franchise, the fights had such great choreography. Lefiya is so fucking useless though I just can't.
May 13, 2017 6:35 AM

May 2010
Lefiya is not very likable despite getting more useful, I can't... Give more tsundere Bete Loga.
May 13, 2017 6:40 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Aria? Interesting. I wonder if we'll learn more about that in this series.

Her mum left her for the D. Harsh, man. Or at least thats what we think now. Let's see if that was the case.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 13, 2017 7:26 AM

Jan 2010
antonn said:

I knew there would have been a good guy who would have posted this, best scene in the series

Wow, Finn is the real boss, everything was good until... "lefiya, attempt to feed her", hell no. Oh wait, there's the useless loki and uranus scene... "I know everything" "so?" "nothing, I just wanted you know that"
May 13, 2017 8:35 AM

Oct 2013
Dang Finn is a great fighter; for some reason, I did not expect him to be good at combat. I guess I thought he was only good at leading people.
May 13, 2017 10:46 AM

May 2015
Finne exhibited us why he is a leader via some awesome moves, nice to see him fight in a serious match...
May 13, 2017 12:15 PM

Jun 2015
valvravetruth said:
Just like above member Linkmstr said:

Danmachi main series, the scene plot at the end of episode 4. Was the same as this episode end. You can scroll up and see his little spoiler.

You think I remember this shit? I watched Danmachi while it was airing and now this.

I think I forgot all the details of danmachi except that girl from cranel's familia has huge oppai and that they are poor asf and that little cute neko girl betrayed them and afterwards stayed friends.

About everything I can remember and that Aiz started training Bell
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
May 13, 2017 1:01 PM

Dec 2016
Lefiya and Aiz both fighting badassedly is a good enough episode for me!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 13, 2017 1:10 PM

Sep 2014
Finally an episode with something interesting happening in it.
May 13, 2017 1:58 PM

Oct 2011
still waiting for the days when she's training Bell to come

May 13, 2017 4:22 PM

Feb 2014
Things got pretty brutal this time around. The Tamer made Lefiya look weak and she also just got the better of Ais as well.

Thankfully, the Tamer did lose to Finn, who gave the bitch a nice solid punch to the face, but she retreated soon after that. =/

Uranus is definitely hiding something from Loki, but his aide doesn't want them to be on her bad side. Not sure when we'll touch this bit again, but it does make me curious about Uranus' motives overall though.

I'm hoping we'll get to see Ais train up Bell in this spin-off. =)
May 13, 2017 7:22 PM

Jan 2013
Poor Ais, i was really expecting to see Bell and he would help her.
That Tamer is very strong wow, she was kicking everyone's ass.
Finn looks like a small boy but he was probably the one that could have defeated that Tamer.
Btw loved that Uranus appearance xD Especially when they said what he was doing down there hahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 13, 2017 11:01 PM

Dec 2013
Zefyris said:
A bit disapointed about the way some scenes were handled/shortened, but I guess it can't be helped. At least the episode kept itself focused on the story this time as well, just like the previous episode.

allenjke said:

Too bad the anime skipped a scene where Riveria joined Finn against the woman, or you could have had a better idea of how OP she is. For how OP is their third level 6, you'll have to wait until near the end of the anime series I think. Let's hope they don't skip that.
But well, instead they put a scene about Lefiya's fantasies, we can't have everything right~.

But...but... they'll have 4 Level 6s by the time next episode comes around XD
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 14, 2017 12:16 AM

Apr 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Zefyris said:

But...but... they'll have 4 Level 6s by the time next episode comes around XD

Yes, since what happened at the end of this episode also happened in the main series it's not difficult to know what will happen next episode, but that would be their fourth level 6, not their third :). + This one has plenty of occasion to show how badass she is already :).
May 14, 2017 6:35 AM

Oct 2008
So there's someone who is more powerful than Ais...but of course lvl 6 (the small one who is the leader of Loki is on a different league)!
4/5.

May 14, 2017 12:56 PM

Apr 2013
Probably the best episode so far this season. It was awesome for me to see Finne whooping some ass, instead of usually delegating to the subordinates. And it was also good to see Ais facing a serious challenge for once, usually she just kicks serious ass without working up a sweat. Sweet action, keep it up.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.