Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 23, 2017 8:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, Lefiya still has a lot to learn..

The action flowed pretty well with Bete and the others fighting in the dungeon.
Even a dragon gets into the fight as well and that turned pretty chaotic. Glad to see the party receive some help though.

I got a weird feeling about that cliffhanger...
Stark700Jun 23, 2017 9:05 AM
Jun 23, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2010
That was a very interesting cliffhanger, things will be very interesting next week.
Still the level they where on was also very interesting as well seeing everything that was going on it was an intense episode.
The it was probably just the build up for next episode.
Jun 23, 2017 10:08 AM

Jul 2015
That's what I was expecting from Sword Oratoria. Ais and Loki familia in an adventure. Too bad the season ends next episode.

Jun 23, 2017 10:26 AM

Jul 2012
Pretty nice action in the second part, interesting to see high levels of the dungeon and that felt quite easy for Loki familia. That ending, can't wait for the final episode!
Jun 23, 2017 10:44 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

First half was mostly just buildup but I loved the Lefiya and Tione.

Really interesting developments and awesome action. I really love how we're able to witness the higher levels of the dungeons and best of all the venture into uncharted territory a.k.a Level 59 and beyond. Gives off a real sense of adventure and danger to the series.

Was that evolved flower lady the red haired girl?

Sad that this is ending next week, considering that the show picked up really strongly during this final quarter.
Jun 23, 2017 11:01 AM

Aug 2008
Man,if only more episodes were like this. Interesting cliffhanger indeed.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 23, 2017 11:11 AM

Sep 2013
Lefiya saves the smith dude from being spider lunch and they fall to the 58 floor that has wyvers and caterpillars :O
They make it though and now the supposed 59th floor ice zone is a jungle like the 24th.
Jun 23, 2017 11:22 AM

Jun 2015
Lefiya saves someone and falls into a big hole. Some people follow after her. The action was pretty cool. There were a lot of dragons. The place they were going to was supposed to be icy, but it's a jungle now. The cliffhanger was interesting.
Jun 23, 2017 11:51 AM

May 2015
I wanted to see more of Gareth dammit!

Well that evolved monster seems like it was possessed by something but by what? Is the question...?
Jun 23, 2017 11:54 AM

Aug 2013
"Cra Belnel" I don't know how Tiona mixed Bell's name.

What an entrance from Gareth.

That cliffhanger with the spirit was interesting. She called Ais, Aria.

Jun 23, 2017 2:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Bell made quite an impact on the Loki team. Mercifully, Lefiya seems to have gotten over it. She'll never beat him, so it's good that she's out of that stage.

I would have liked to have a longer Hefestos bath scene to be honest :-)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 23, 2017 2:05 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another nice episode, the first half a little boring with this "personal" relationship between the both girls, but the secon half was cool. Is a duty this end soon, because this has more story, more plot to enjoy, the same to the orignal series "Dungeon"!!!!
Jun 23, 2017 2:11 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty good action in this episode, looks like Ais and co. will have their hands full next episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 23, 2017 2:21 PM

Jul 2013
Kinda sad the series will end next week considering how interesting the plot has become.
Jun 23, 2017 3:02 PM
Dec 2016
not bad episode... lot of action great fight scenes...i like vereyone in the loki familia except Lefiya..fuck this elf please die
Jun 23, 2017 5:05 PM

May 2015
Oh damn, things just turned interesting.

Jun 23, 2017 5:17 PM

Oct 2013
Things got interesting. I wonder if the next episode will at least give us some more information on who Aria once was and what the motive of the antagonists are.

chipleader13 said:
i like everyone in the loki familia except Lefiya..fuck this elf please die
Hahahaha, I'm dying
Jun 24, 2017 12:57 AM

Jan 2017
Again, just imagine how strong the Zeus Familia was back then, conquered the uncharted area for Loki familia.

Bell is seen as true adventurer by all the executives in Loki Familia, now as their greatest motivation.

Seeing Gareth and Riveria in action, waiting for Finn to show his power. Ais, as always, strong as ever. It would be more interesting for her to idolize bell secretly xd.
Being the weakest level, Lefiya(Lvl 3), manage to strike that many deep level dragon in one strike, lol. Totally overpower but that is her quirk I guess. looking at how the party works, Tsubaki(Lvl5) and Raul(Lvl4) as supporter, plus others protecting them in a circle. two of bell supporter rn is not even Level 2.
All I see from this is the future for Bell's party in deeper level one day, with joint expedition with Take Familia, and Welf as head smith.

damn, they should announce DanMachi season 2 right after the last episode and show how powerful and more cooler Bell in the next season in contrast to those characters in sword oratoria.
Jun 24, 2017 1:24 AM

Sep 2015
Those dragons honestly looked awesome!!
Jun 24, 2017 2:47 AM

Feb 2014
Loki Familia's adventure to the 59th Floor has been pretty good so far. Plenty of action scenes from Lefiya, Gareth and the others against a huge amount of dragons and caterpillar monster as they make it to the 59th floor.

The massive creature at the end looked pretty intimidating, but I'm sure Ais and the others will take it down.

Hopefully, they'll make DanMachi season 2 after this, as I do prefer watching Bell and company more than this spinoff admittedly. =P
Jun 24, 2017 8:47 AM

Mar 2010
Good hype, It would be cool if one of them fuses with one of those beasts

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 24, 2017 9:09 AM

May 2012
Why it is rated only 7.08 ?! It is as good if not better than original series !
Jun 24, 2017 10:47 AM
May 2017
Good episode. is true that the next one is the last one? the danmachi with bell had like 13 chapters. I dont think we will able see the interaction between Aiz and the other Loki Familia members with Bell in the floor 18 tho... a shame
Jun 24, 2017 1:57 PM

Jan 2011
The whole season was a let down. Too much energy put into bland character "relationships", trying to be cute, making weak ass spontaneous love triangles, bad animation so so art, sporadic fight scenes, horrid audio effects etc. This most be hilarious to people who put stock in things such as first name usage, romantic courting, and sexuality, I guess this is "edgy" for them.

Lefiya could've been a more interesting character but anime creators refuse to allow characters to be great on their own, they often build other characters solely for the sake of reminding the audience of how caring, or strong, or how full of shit potential they are. Like, dude, are you so lazy you'll actually dedicate a solid 3 minutes of air time just to have 2 or 3 characters talk about how great a person the lead is? This is essentially her purpose in this series, to idolize Aiz, have overt yuri-esque feelings towards her, and mull over how useless she is (at least show knows that) and she needs to "catch up to her" because we've never seen that before. No family, no personal goals ather than being Aiz's caddy, hardly any relationships that don't include being grouped by at least two other women against her will (cuz anime) cussed out by wolf-boy because he's the "delinquent" being little sister to Oneechan (green haired whatever her name is), and somehow being the opposition in a love triangle the in which the objective has no clue exists. While bell's own motivation was pretty straightforward it can grow, expand and exhibit how he has grown as a person. Lefiya's is based on being noticed and being useful. While important in any human=like society it requires more than being a woman-servant to one who, is bland ikn the limelight and mysterious in bad lighting.
QWERTYFish25Jun 24, 2017 2:33 PM
Jun 24, 2017 2:42 PM

Dec 2015
Well that was disappointing, every single one of them is overpowered as fuck, 1 hit is enough to kill every kind of enemy they face. Especially the spells they use, annihilating dozens of enemies without even breaking a sweat? It feels like the only true threat to their expedition is the amount, not their power, not their abilities, or anything else, just the sheer amount of monsters is the only thing that "scares" them. It's pretty big bullshit that they reached a place where only gods have been, like it was a walk in the park.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 24, 2017 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
joe_g7 said:
Well that was disappointing, every single one of them is overpowered as fuck, 1 hit is enough to kill every kind of enemy they face. Especially the spells they use, annihilating dozens of enemies without even breaking a sweat? It feels like the only true threat to their expedition is the amount, not their power, not their abilities, or anything else, just the sheer amount of monsters is the only thing that "scares" them. It's pretty big bullshit that they reached a place where only gods have been, like it was a walk in the park.

Compared to what we got from the first season where it was establish the MC wasn't shit except a good heart kid with a less than exception sponsor (Hestia). Understandable they wouldn't be pushover but there was nothing to entice the viewers. the main female lead and secondary lead were bland and basic collectively all of the others were pretty much wallpaper defined but what the first appear as to an anime watcher. Ais we've know was powerful from the star, but there was hardly any suspense or buildup. She got her ass kicked, did a boring solo grind, and plugged her "rival". GG. Lefiya well you pretty much know what her problem as a character is. She exists as a praising satellite with nothing other than yuri bait and annying cutaways
Jun 24, 2017 7:14 PM

Dec 2008
This is way better than the main series, even though the story is mostly the same. Bell is an incredibly boring lead who only happens to garner my interest when he occasionally becomes badass.

The Loki Familia is just overall much more interesting than the Hestia Familia and has better characters.

But really, just give me an entire season that fleshes out Riveria's character and puts her in the spotlight and I'll be a happy camper. My poor girl ;---;

Jun 25, 2017 1:15 PM

Jan 2017
sarroush said:
This is way better than the main series, even though the story is mostly the same. Bell is an incredibly boring lead who only happens to garner my interest when he occasionally becomes badass.

The Loki Familia is just overall much more interesting than the Hestia Familia and has better characters.

But really, just give me an entire season that fleshes out Riveria's character and puts her in the spotlight and I'll be a happy camper. My poor girl ;---;

isn't there only like two people in the hestia familia anyway; so you can't properly compare them
Jun 25, 2017 1:19 PM

Jan 2017
does anybody remember the first danmachi when they headed into that ice level with hestia (as far as i recall)
and there was that titan-like floor boss that awakened 'cause hestia, being hestia used her godly powers -somethin' like that
i wonder if they're going cover that episode?
or has that already been covered

hmm right now it seems like it will go further than 12 episodes
Jun 25, 2017 5:34 PM

Feb 2009
FINALLY, that monster thing looks incredible, can't wait to see how everything concludes!!

Jun 26, 2017 1:13 AM

Jul 2013
We've seen Loki's familia or should I say freakin army battle strong monsters like those damn dragons and mutating caterpillars and plat-like monsters with melting acid and of course, explore uncharted territories. Imagine then going back to Bell's adventure where he's definitely going to fight way weaker enemies like a minotaur. Damn he really has some catching up to do though good thing he quickly improves.
Jun 26, 2017 7:36 PM

Apr 2015
sarroush said:

I don't agree. Hestia familia is way more interesting and they only have few members. Lili, bell and the other dude that I forgot his name.

I'm really disappointed with Loki familia. Most of them are boring. I don't like Loki at all, her jokes with boobs are not funny. Lefiya is the worst character ever. But I agree that Riveria is a good character indeed. And Bete is also cool.
Jun 27, 2017 3:19 AM

Jan 2011
They should bait dragons into firing a hole right to the bottom. Beat the system!
Jun 27, 2017 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
We had some great action in this episode.
Wasn't their team/family much much bigger? They are like 7 now wtf xD
Can't wait to see how this will end.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 27, 2017 6:24 PM

Jan 2013
ReaperCreeper said:
They should bait dragons into firing a hole right to the bottom. Beat the system!

haha exactly! Cheating in Sword Oratoria 101 xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 28, 2017 4:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a great episode, with a terrible fight against this dragons of the level 57....but the suprise was when they arrived to the lvel 58, this monster was TERRORIFIC!!! Xd
Jun 28, 2017 4:07 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so the expedition managed to reach lv50 without incident eh. Though the members do look kinda restless. I guess Bell's performance really fazed them. I guess Lefiya would feel somewhat sad after hearing how far Bell has progressed. But she shouldn't since she too has gotten more powerful as well. For large expeditions like this it pays to have a blacksmith or several travel with them. Unbreakable blades eh should be useful. So this smith knew Ains when she was little eh. It was nice to hear her thoughts of what Ains was like when was little compared to her now. Man the new weapons sure are pretty large though. Still its nice that the members that saw Bell's performance are now more inspired than ever. Its nice that Lefiya is in the vanguard though. Time to show everyone how much your power has grown as part of your training lefiya. Hmm so their tactic for this mission to charge through the enemy and get to the objective without getting bogged down eh. Sensible i think.

Hmm so this floor also had a trap where the enemy fires on you from below eh. An attack from above and below eh. A perfect trap no less. Hmm free falling down to get to a lower level eh. Dangerous but fast lol. Hmm the level below certainly looks like hell complete with the dragons. Leafiya's spells really are much more powerful now though now that she's learned how to master her fear. Gareths entrance sure was cool though. Hmm so Revis eats monster crystals to sustain herself eh. The villain behind the scenes finally gets a name though. Riveria finally arrives with a great entrance lol. Lol Raul and Lefiya are both the honest type so watching them interact is kinda funny. Hmm if the next floor is such a cold one then surely they would be able to feel it here. Lv59 is like the unexplored unknown for adventurers should be pretty interesting. Hmm the icy wastes was replaced by a steamy jungle eh. An evolved monster would serve as their first trial eh. Man that scream of hers though. Hmm seems that this is a spirit eh. But looks like things will become clear in the last episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2017 1:57 AM

Oct 2008
this is just like guild/expedition party trying to go to the deepest levels to go grind & grind!
4/5.

Jun 30, 2017 1:22 AM
Jun 2017
I enjoyed this episode. Definitely nice to see how the expedition normally would look like since episode 1 didn't really show anything.

The cliffhanger at the very end was a great add.

"A spirit" - Ais

I was surprised when she said that and now cannot wait for episode 12 which is coming out in a few hours :D
Jul 1, 2017 10:20 PM

Jan 2013
I don't remember some of those levels from the original series.
Jul 6, 2017 7:09 PM

May 2012
Well that ending sure was interesting! Let's see what the last episode has to offer though.
Jul 9, 2017 1:41 PM

Jul 2009
So the red hair girl took over a spirit? I also thought spirits were different...
Jul 9, 2017 3:22 PM

Mar 2016
Good episode but I'm a little disappointed by how little this anime has added to the plot of the series. I hope the finale has some more exposition on the scheme behind everything and of course more action!
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jul 11, 2017 4:16 PM

Dec 2016
Yo big plant bitch, SHUT TH'FUCK UP!!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 12, 2017 1:21 PM

Apr 2013
This was painful to watch. How can such epic descent in the novel be reduced to such pathetically bland action and poorly animated to boot?
They didn't even show Gareth playing around with that dragon, even though that scene was so ridiculous it left the whole level 5-6 group speechless. That adaptation is just disappointment after disappointment, nothing to redeem this complete failure.
Jul 13, 2017 1:17 PM

Jan 2017
I really liked the last scene.
It gave me the creeps lol

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Aug 8, 2017 9:18 PM

Dec 2012
Dat side oppai.
Dat girl in the purple and white is fine.
Why are you hiding Tiona's oppai? She ain't got none.
Of course Bell has taken the lead Lefiya. He is the leading character of the series.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Sep 24, 2019 11:54 PM

Apr 2009
Should be exploring but they've been there before as far as Level 58 so it's just same old grinding.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Sep 27, 2020 7:31 PM

Oct 2016
Nice to see them be inspired by Bell, morale is at an all time high.

That cliffhanger though. Did Revis joined herself with the plants or am I looking too much into things.
Oct 1, 2020 10:53 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, i feel you, Loki Familia. Its must be hard seeing the nonsense progression that my boy had. Its really, pressured you. Such an understandable situations. However, its nice to see them changing all of the pressure into a positivity. Looking more story of Aiz was always good, while Lefiya just kept her own antic as a comedic gold on these series. XD

The seconds where the episode wanted to show the Dungeon lore that dumped in a fast way. 51th floor, 52th floor, and they moved forward in fast. The trap shot, and all of the ran was pretty intensed honest. Then 'the shortcut' moment just hilarious, ofc its because my little elf, Lefiya! Fortunately, Lefiya already improved much there, nevermind any burden that block her, and trusting anybody on her party more than before. Its nice, actually. Then, her area magic was just perfectly suit well with the 58th floor landscapes. Everyone just mop the floor, and ready to found out the unknown location. The real challenge!

The last one is next. I think i am already invested enough with these side story. Eventhough it has a boring episode, one and the others. So far, its plot really decent on my own satisfaction. Thats it, and onward to the last episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26, 2017

48 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.