Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 5, 2017 9:03 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Sakamoto and Mutsu are Nobunobu right now, and the three have to avoid getting spotted by their ‘zombified’ crew members. Seems like Zaku Hankai’s planning to bypass the ship’s security systems and take over the ship and these nanomachines are just a distraction. Ah yeah, I love the gag where Nobunobu’s unsure of whether Sakamoto’s a genius or an idiot. Sakamoto’s a strange man, indeed! Lol at Sakamoto getting Mutsu triggered and Nobunobu trolled! I love how Sakamoto’s using every gadget the wrong way. He could’ve used the hikkimori revolver to trap the other guys, but instead he uses it to trap and ‘protect’ themselves. And those NEET mocha was used the wrong way too. Yeah, Sakamoto’s a (great) dumbass.

And it seems like Nobunobu’s personality is changing. I guess he’s learning from Sakamoto’s leadership qualities. And now Nobunobu’s infected and got Mutsu infected… you know, just when Nobunobu started becoming likable. So, Sakamoto’s the last person that’s not infected. Sakamoto’s a great guy though, probably the nicest out of the four old Joui rebels. Sakamoto’s strong will’s what makes him succeed. A bit cliché I say, but hey, I buy it since he’s such a cool character. And Nobunobu proved to have a strong will too.

Well, the problem is solved I guess. Well, we didn’t get a real fight between Sakamoto and Hankai like we did with Katsura and Shoukaku, but something different is nice and I like this sense of variety, rather than having a one-on-one battle for everything. Plus, Sakamoto was a badass. And we finally get to know why Sakamoto never uses a sword anymore. His permanent injury in his right hand doesn’t allow his to stably hold a sword anymore. And it was his niceness that got him injured. His ability as a samurai might be dead, but his ‘samurai heart’ is not (*plays Gintama ED 17 in background*).

Time for Gintoki vs. Batou. Gintoki trolling from the start, lol. But unlike Shoukaku, Batou’s a pretty serious guy. So yeah, he’ll fight for real. And he seems like a hard opponent too. But lol, either one of them don't remember each other properly. Lol at Gintoki think that he has to return 300 yen back instead of Batou owing him. Meanwhile, Batou thinks that Gintoki is known as Bakuyasu and lol at his image of Gintoki XD

Chapters 566 to 569 adapted, so 4 chapters in this episode. That being said, chapter 568 was a much shorter chapter (14 pages instead of 19 I believe). So in reality, they adapted the same amount of content as they did in the last two episodes.

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerFeb 5, 2017 9:32 AM
Feb 5, 2017 9:12 AM

Sep 2015
Its one of those episode to get sympathy for "bad" guys

Gintama u never fail me
Into the Internet!
Feb 5, 2017 11:00 AM

Oct 2016
There it is! Bakuyasha!
Feb 5, 2017 12:30 PM

Feb 2012
That guy is illuminati confirmed with the 3rd eye.

This is boring for me cause I already went through it with the manga I'm just waiting for the real fights you feel me sempai tachis?
Feb 5, 2017 1:11 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Sakamoto and his next generation weapons was hilarious. xD
Was pretty cool how they defeated the opponent mind controller guy, No Zaku stands a chance against Sakamoto Tatsuma. "Is he a big man, or just a big fool?" sums up Sakamoto so well. XD

Loved the little flashback this episode with Sakamoto injury and Gin and Takasugi telling him to fight his own wars and not the petty ones.
Glad to see Sakamoto influencing NobuNobu as a leader, maybe he'll become a nice guy. xD

Gin vs Batou is finally beginning, Gintoki trolls OP. XD The wrong person gag with both of them was pretty funny too. xD
Feb 5, 2017 1:14 PM

May 2014
Oh, this ep was just gold, lol. The gags were good, and badass Tatsuma, and a bit of Gintoki vs Batou. I am hyped AF for it.
Feb 5, 2017 1:15 PM

Sep 2014
Didn't expect so much comedy this week tbh.Sakamoto,Mutsu and Nobunobu managed to beat Hankai and the rest of the crew regained its conscience.Damn,what a scar that Sakamoto has.That explains why he only uses guns now.The guy who Gintoki fights now is the one who inflicted that scar to Sakamoto.Lol'd at Gintoki trying to remember Batou through some yen and him saying he knows Gintoki as Bakuyasha showing a fat Gintoki.That last one killed me.Both of them suck at remembering people xD.Great episode,but I liked Katsura's one more though.Next week Takasugi is back!Can't wait for that!
Feb 5, 2017 1:24 PM

Dec 2014
Takasugi HYPE!!! <3

The last 5 minutes of this episode were hilarious. And I really thought the three-eyed guy was gonna be a serious opponent, but I guess I was wrong.
Feb 5, 2017 1:37 PM

Mar 2013
I just love the fact how much content Gintama episodes have each episode!~

-We got some information on Sakamoto's past...
-The whole infection enemy problem got solved...
-We got to feel sympathy for the new Shogun we always used to hate...
-Quite some references again to other media like the Resident Evil stuff...
-and then the last 5 minutes full of humor and action with Gintoki~
DONDAKE!!!
Feb 5, 2017 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
the last scene was so hilarious. it is pretty funny how much serious scenes can make you funny
Feb 5, 2017 2:20 PM

Jan 2016
Sakamoto, a true leader. Nobunobu is starting to have a new perspective on leadership from what I see after watching Sakamoto's moves :O

And so... Gintoki vs Batou is going to be something "to remember" hopefully xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Feb 5, 2017 2:31 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Nice to see more Sakamoto, Mutsu & even Nobunobu.
LOL those weapons.

Nobunobu helping out. Hankai defeated. Nice shot.

Gin vs Batou.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Feb 5, 2017 2:33 PM

Feb 2013
Nobunobu did something good for a change.
It seems that Bato wasn't searching for Gintoki, but for Pakuyasa,loool.
Feb 5, 2017 2:39 PM

Aug 2014
Sakamoto showing why he is a great leader!
Haha Bato and Gintoki's exchange was just priceless lmao.
Feb 5, 2017 2:40 PM

Oct 2016
lmao at this episode
can't wait for takasugi's return

5/5
Feb 5, 2017 2:47 PM
Oct 2016
Back again with gorilla sensei's disctinct comedy. Sakamoto and shogun's gag had me in tears and the three eyed guy confusing Gin was the finisher. Great episode.
Feb 5, 2017 2:52 PM

Sep 2012
"You've got the wrong guy too!"

Best line of the year.
Feb 5, 2017 3:17 PM
Jun 2008
Mutsu's butt must be incredible
Feb 5, 2017 3:51 PM

Jul 2016
Pakuyasa and Kurokono are the true heroes of the Joi wars!!!!

I still hate NobuNobu he killed one of the best comedy characters. So no redemption for you. I can forgive almost all the other villains Nizou (got what he looked for), Kyubee (got a shitty childhood and got over his issues), Itou (he got what he deserved and lost his chance to be happy for his own stupidity), Hosen (Hosen was wrong and he knew it at the end), Jiraiya (got a shitty past and a trauma), Jirocho (did the right thing but in a wrong way), Isaburo (he was the good guy all along), Kintoki (It was Yorozuya's faullt), Yaemon (He did it for his family pretige) and even Oboro (got the wrong side of fate), Takasugi (he was betrayed by his best friend and lost the most important person in his life).

The worst villains of Gintama are Utsuro ("I can't die so I will kill you all") and NobuNobu ("They told me that I can make Edo great again so I would kill everyone in my way until they abandon me like the trash I am")
Feb 5, 2017 4:35 PM

Feb 2016
Pirates make the worst pranks it seems. The nets for the hikikkomori's were quite philosophical. Cant wait to see Pakuyasa fight!

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 5, 2017 4:47 PM

Apr 2015
SilverDio said:

The worst villains of Gintama are Utsuro ("I can't die so I will kill you all")

No, no, no. That's not how it works. His goal is to kill himself. And how can he do so? By destroying the very source of his immortality, which is the last altana tower left and happens to be on earth. If he were to not destroy it, his powers can be replenished anytime as long as the altana tower stands tall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2017 4:57 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I just love how the serious moments can be easily turned into hilariously comedic stuff. Sakamoto, Mutsu & Nobunobu were crawling on top of the pipes then all of a sudden Sakamoto brings up the topic about Nobunobu being in front of Mutsu's ass. Hilarity ensues. xD The confrontation between Gintoki and Batou was really cool. Gin says the pirates played a prank on Batou by drawing an eye on his forehead. Then Gin remembers Batou from the 300 yen. But what had me cracking up was Pakuyasha's face at the end. Seriously, my sides. xDD

Epic battles remain epic as always. Good job Gintama!
Feb 5, 2017 5:01 PM

Sep 2014
Pakuyasa!!!!!!!! I'm so hyped to see Pakuyasa fight next episode LOL

Sakamoto gave Nobunobu a good lesson on leadership. "It doesn't matter if you're a wise ruler or a foolish one. Once a man bears the burden of leadin' a country, he can't expect dying to be that simple."

I'm not a 100% sure about how I feel that Sorachi is trying to redeem Nobunobu's character. This episode does show while he was using people, he was also being used by others. So that could've had an affect on his mentality.

Also getting to learn that there is reason why Sakamoto can't wield a sword was pretty sad :(

Good episode as usual :)
Feb 5, 2017 5:41 PM

Jul 2016
CG-Silver said:
SilverDio said:

No, no, no. That's not how it works. His goal is to kill himself. And how can he do so? By destroying the very source of his immortality, which is the last altana tower left and happens to be on earth. If he were to not destroy it, his powers can be replenished anytime as long as the altana tower stands tall.

Bullshit. This is a spoiler from the manga, be warned.

Utsuro is a trashy villain, the worst of Gintama. Is like the Kaguya from Naruto.
Feb 5, 2017 6:08 PM

Oct 2016
CG-Silver said:
SilverDio said:

Not really. The altana gates has nothing big to do with the altana source of Earth. Do the math. The terminal was built between 10-15 years ago, and Utsuro has been alive for 500 years. It doesn't take manga spoiling to figure that one out.
Feb 5, 2017 9:02 PM

Apr 2015
SilverDio said:
CG-Silver said:

Bullshit. This is a spoiler from the manga, be warned.

Utsuro is a trashy villain, the worst of Gintama. Is like the Kaguya from Naruto.

I don't remember much from the fight. Might have to re-read it.

I made my theory based on this quote of his:

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2017 9:03 PM

Apr 2015
Germs_N_Spices said:
CG-Silver said:

Not really. The altana gates has nothing big to do with the altana source of Earth. Do the math. The terminal was built between 10-15 years ago, and Utsuro has been alive for 500 years. It doesn't take manga spoiling to figure that one out.

The terminal is just a terminal. Altana was there since forever on earth. They just built a terminal around it now. So my point was that he wants to destroy Altana actually. Sorry for the wordings if it confused you.
Feb 5, 2017 9:06 PM

Oct 2011
Typical Gintama episode. I love it! Can't get it enough.
Feb 5, 2017 9:44 PM

Dec 2013
Nobunobu was actually cool in this episode? Wtf!

That ending was hilarious!
Feb 5, 2017 10:31 PM
Mar 2015
Nice to see Hiei reference in here. Jagan Eye or evil eye gintama mentioned XD XD XD

Considering Yu yu Hakusho is such an old anime
Feb 5, 2017 10:48 PM

Dec 2015
Maybe Nobunobu can learn a few things from Sakamoto.

Lol "you've got the wrong guy as well!!". Looks like Gintoki's fight with Bato will be an interesting one xD
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 6, 2017 1:03 AM

Jan 2015
shion16 said:
Mutsu's butt must be incredible

But(t) of course.
Feb 6, 2017 1:29 AM

Oct 2009
So Sakamoto will never wield a sword again :(
Was looking forward to see him do so..
Feb 6, 2017 5:08 AM

Oct 2009
CG-Silver said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

The terminal is just a terminal. Altana was there since forever on earth. They just built a terminal around it now. So my point was that he wants to destroy Altana actually. Sorry for the wordings if it confused you.

Utsuro is slightly more complicated than that. When he was first created and knew he was immortal, the people feared him, persecuted him. He has been repeatedly 'killed' by people and so he created multiple personalities/personas to cope with it and now he has been finally been released again after his persona, Shouyou was killed. He decided to end all the suffering once and for all. He wants to die but also destroy all the altana sources, meaning that he destroys immortality from altana itself. At first he did not know that there was another immortal, Kouka, who was Umibouzo's wife, that managed to die. He still going to destroy the source of all his suffering. Bringing everything into the void that he is.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Feb 6, 2017 5:11 AM

Apr 2015
Theusis3 said:
CG-Silver said:

Utsuro is slightly more complicated than that. When he was first created and knew he was immortal, the people feared him, persecuted him. He has been repeatedly 'killed' by people and so he created multiple personalities/personas to cope with it and now he has been finally been released again after his persona, Shouyou was killed. He decided to end all the suffering once and for all. He wants to die but also destroy all the altana sources, meaning that he destroys immortality from altana itself. At first he did not know that there was another immortal, Kouka, who was Umibouzo's wife, that managed to die. He still going to destroy the source of all his suffering. Bringing everything into the void that he is.

Exactly. Chapter 594. Best chapter in the whole arc. Before this chapter, I had very low hopes for Utsuro's character. Chapter 592-594 changed my opinion of him.
Feb 6, 2017 6:52 AM

Jan 2016
yo dude give his 300 yen back!
Feb 6, 2017 8:33 AM

Apr 2013
The joke at the end slayed me
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Feb 6, 2017 9:15 AM
Jan 2013
Gintama once again follows this trend to give honour to a villain we saw as the worst type of scumbag. We had similiar case with Housen, and that Prison Warden.
Feb 6, 2017 10:05 AM
Oct 2011
SilverDio said:
Pakuyasa and Kurokono are the true heroes of the Joi wars!!!!

I still hate NobuNobu he killed one of the best comedy characters. So no redemption for you. I can forgive almost all the other villains Nizou (got what he looked for), Kyubee (got a shitty childhood and got over his issues), Itou (he got what he deserved and lost his chance to be happy for his own stupidity), Hosen (Hosen was wrong and he knew it at the end), Jiraiya (got a shitty past and a trauma), Jirocho (did the right thing but in a wrong way), Isaburo (he was the good guy all along), Kintoki (It was Yorozuya's faullt), Yaemon (He did it for his family pretige) and even Oboro (got the wrong side of fate), Takasugi (he was betrayed by his best friend and lost the most important person in his life).

The worst villains of Gintama are Utsuro ("I can't die so I will kill you all") and NobuNobu ("They told me that I can make Edo great again so I would kill everyone in my way until they abandon me like the trash I am")
aside from these villains, I only like and understand Kamui out of them all. Can't wait till he finally shows up next week!
Feb 6, 2017 12:18 PM

May 2014
Boy, I have not laughed during Gintama this much for a while, and that sounds pretty damn weird since this is, well, Gintama. But it's been in full blown serious mode now for over 20 episodes, so having the staple comedy back was just plain charming.

Love how Gin and Bato both had the wrong guy...I was caught completely off guard bc of how dark things have been, so when Gin was all like "you're the guy who-" I was expecting some huge plot twist, but ofc that wasn't the case XD

Oh and damn...did they just make Nobunobu likeable and give him major development in half an episode?

It was actually done really well- but Gintama has always been great at developing characters in a short amount of time, yet making it impactful and still believable so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
I was routing for the Shogun this ep though, and naturally that made me feel guilty bc of everything he's done and all the crap he's been involved in. I did like the whole scene with him being controlled though, it's like he went from a figurative puppet to an actual puppet...but he broke out in the end!

So hopefully this signifies some changes for him? Kinda wanting him to join Sakamoto officially, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Definitely hyped for next week's ep!
Feb 6, 2017 12:18 PM

Jun 2016
why the fuck that light saber can cut a concrete building but not wooden sword??
Feb 6, 2017 2:30 PM

Feb 2008
Nobunogu finally demonstrated the presence of his balls.

The fact that Sakamoto's past was tied to Gintoki's ongoing fight was intriguing. The episode did shed some light on the gun-wielding samurai's background and aspirations. Of course, Mutsu was also awesome.

On the other hand, perhaps Gintoki ought to show the guy with a beam sabre more respect...
Feb 6, 2017 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
I got spoiled early on about Sakamoto injuring his hand somehow, but damn seeing how it happened and everyone's reactions was depressing.

Loved those last few minutes.

Moh95 said:
why the fuck that light saber can cut a concrete building but not wooden sword??

Gintoki's wooden sword is made out of special wood from a super old hard tree from another planet, so it usually can keep up with other weapons pretty well. He just orders more of them when he does break them.
Feb 7, 2017 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
who the fuck is Pakuyasa?! lol
Feb 8, 2017 1:05 PM

Feb 2012
"Reality is a bullshit video game."
Feb 8, 2017 11:26 PM

Mar 2014
Axelucard said:
who the fuck is Pakuyasa?! lol
The greatest samurai to exist IRL.
Feb 11, 2017 4:04 AM

Jan 2015
SilverDio said:
This wasn't really redemption for Nobunobu, it was more him getting his shit together thanks to Sakamoto and Mutsu.
Feb 21, 2017 2:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another great e`pisode!!!

Sakamoto wins one the three Captains, with a misterious and action time, but the funny times was to charge of Gintama and the third eye of his rival!!!!
Feb 28, 2017 4:13 AM

Jun 2013
I couldn't stop laughing when Bato and Gin-san kept getting fuzzy memories of each other and mistook each other for different people.

Pakuyasa LOL
臭い-
Mar 11, 2017 7:01 AM

Dec 2012
Nobonobu was nice in this episode, I liked how they showed his past. But anyway, I will not defend him, this guy is a fucking bastard which killed Shigeshige :/
I am looking forward to see Fat Gintoki
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone could explain ep 12 i couldnt able to understand whats happening?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 15

6 by seelenfresser51 »»
Feb 17, 2:10 PM

» Katsura loves ikumatsu ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Feb 16

4 by Tsuna10vongola »»
Feb 16, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jan 22, 2017

109 by otakuweek »»
Jan 11, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 26, 2017

187 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Gintama. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Mar 19, 2017

67 by Alex_TheForest »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.