Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2016 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Madara and his curiosity never ceases to amuse me.

Pretty chaotic youkai they had to deal with this episode. I was pretty entertained though especially at how they dealt with that. Teamwork!
Oct 18, 2016 10:03 AM

Nov 2007
Peaceful afternoon on the way back home, until seeing a letter from that creepy guy. He lost it when he witness a guy sealing a youkai incompletely. He got that pot and asked Ishida-san's character. He is happy Natsume came to him for help. That creepy phone call when they were gone for preparation, though...

Fortunately, the preparation is done on time and the youkai's taken care of. That phone call was from the argument between people among the field? That creepy guy came to pick him up. The letter was a "request"... to get his help to see if a youkai is in a colleague. He still went, to protect the family.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 18, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2010
So things might become a bit hectic for Natsume i hope he manages to solve things seeing the way this is going.
Things are going to become complicated.
Oct 18, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2010
Okay so maybe I'm the only one here who thinks this way but is someone else entirely dissapointed on the animation and drawing? God, Natsume looks bad almost in every shot. I mean, I can understand a few scenes looking bad, but the whole episode? I'm sorry, I love this series so much that it pains me that it has this kind of animation, which it definitely doesn't deserve.
Don't get me wrong, I love this series so much, I just wish the studio would put some love into it.
Oct 18, 2016 1:46 PM

Mar 2013
I'm so glad natori and Hiiragi are back I've missed them so much. So much so that I completely forgot natori has that weird youkai lizard tattoo thing. man that phone call was messed up having to unplug your phone so that people don't place a curse on you while you sleep, I need to know more about this and by that I mean who are the ones placing the curse on natori.
Oct 18, 2016 1:57 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Matoba? a guy that not is trustworthy.... we have to wait the next episode to know the true grrrrrr
Oct 18, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Great to see Natori & Hiiragi again.

LOL Nyanko Sensei popping his head out of the bushes.
His eyes though.

Matoba needing Natsume's help.
Hmm a possessed Exorcist. Lets see what Natsume can do to help.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 18, 2016 3:06 PM

Sep 2015
This episode felt so short ;w; It's nice to see Hiiragi and Natori again (not Matoba tho)
I love the OST so much in this anime *-*
Oct 18, 2016 4:40 PM
Nov 2015
sweetdrops said:
Okay so maybe I'm the only one here who thinks this way but is someone else entirely dissapointed on the animation and drawing? God, Natsume looks bad almost in every shot. I mean, I can understand a few scenes looking bad, but the whole episode? I'm sorry, I love this series so much that it pains me that it has this kind of animation, which it definitely doesn't deserve.
Don't get me wrong, I love this series so much, I just wish the studio would put some love into it.

This. Let's hope next episode not going any worse than this.
Oct 18, 2016 6:20 PM

Sep 2015
Hope everything works out for Natsume <3

Kind of fun to see all the old faces return!
Oct 18, 2016 7:50 PM

May 2008
farizazmi said:
sweetdrops said:

This. Let's hope next episode not going any worse than this.

I noticed this too :( So sad to see since the previous seasons have been absolutely beautiful.

Oct 18, 2016 8:28 PM

Jul 2011
Yeah, the animation wasn't very good... Awkward movements and Natsume didn't even hold his chopsticks properly... Not something I usually notice, but it was quite obvious this episode. Also, why did Nyanko-sensei suddenly get green eyes?

The chapters they're animating are definitely the more info-heavy ones.
Oct 18, 2016 9:01 PM

Nov 2007
Sensei's grin directed at Matoba after Natsume left was the best thing in this episode. He was like "Don't f*ck with Natsume or you'll have it coming."

I really don't think the Fujiwaras will change if they were to know about Natsume's power. I can understand where are Natsume's worries are coming from but I believe the Fujiwaras will never abandon him like it happened so many times in the past.

One of the best reveals of this episode was Taki's power which happens to be a forbidden one. I do wish she appears in this season. Just appearing in the OP is not enough. I love her so much! And her love for Sensei, too. <3

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 18, 2016 10:35 PM
Aug 2011
Eh Matoba... I don't care about you.

sweetdrops said:
Okay so maybe I'm the only one here who thinks this way but is someone else entirely dissapointed on the animation and drawing?

It doesn't look that bad yet. I did say when 91 Days was airing that I was worried for Natsume. :/ Recap ep. when?
Shuka consistently keeps dropping the ball hard when it comes to visuals. I'm not sure they've ever released a series that doesn't have a lot of sloppy art and animation.
Oct 18, 2016 11:22 PM

Jun 2015
Natori and Hiragi are back!! Matobi too!

Cant wait for next episode. Expected to be a nice arc I guess
Oct 18, 2016 11:30 PM

Jun 2016

Y'know, when I wake up from afternoon siestas, my face looks swollen. Natori just looks fabulous instead. No wonder he gets hate mail.

Speaking of hate mail, that phone call was definitely one of the creepiest scenes in any of the seasons so far. This season definitely seems a bit more.. sharper around the edges in terms of direction. Well, the situation got sorta diffused with the sudden appearance of Nyanko-sensei's butthole.

Shit just got serious with regards to the Book of Friends - apparently it's a forbidden practice that can have some pretty shady uses. Not so much Book of Friends as much as Book of Friends held on ransom. Well, I doubt Reiko had anything malicious in mind, but it mustn't get into the wrong hands/paws.

Looking forward to some proper Natsume badassery next ep!
Oct 18, 2016 11:48 PM

Jan 2013
Well this seems like an interesting arc.
Good episode.
Oct 19, 2016 12:46 AM

Jul 2012
So Taki's circle and Natsume's book are forbidden things, not to mention that probably no one knows these things exist for real. Wonder what would happen if someone knows. Natori probably knows about Natsume's since that trip to the hot springs, assuming that he heard Natsume, or that he just knows Natsume is hiding something.

The sealing part seemed lacking in animation a bit.
Oct 19, 2016 1:13 AM
Nov 2013
Matoba is back and more is coming X)
Oct 19, 2016 3:50 AM

Feb 2011
Glad to see old characters returning :D
Oct 19, 2016 5:57 AM

Mar 2015
stand said:
Eh Matoba... I don't care about you.

sweetdrops said:
Okay so maybe I'm the only one here who thinks this way but is someone else entirely dissapointed on the animation and drawing?

It doesn't look that bad yet. I did say when 91 Days was airing that I was worried for Natsume. :/ Recap ep. when?
Shuka consistently keeps dropping the ball hard when it comes to visuals. I'm not sure they've ever released a series that doesn't have a lot of sloppy art and animation.

Durarara was 3split cour series with a lot of time to animate, but it suffered hard with the bad art.

Well, i can see a recap soon.
Oct 19, 2016 9:02 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting to discover that Taki's circle and Reiko's Book of Friends are both forbidden practices among exorcists. Certainly plays well into Natsume agreeing to Natsume's request while also adding even more depth to why everyone wants the Book of Friends for themselves.
Oct 19, 2016 9:16 AM

Mar 2008
Did anyone notice that Nyanko's eyes turned golden at 3 different points? I don't read the manga so I'm wondering what the significance of that could be.
Oct 19, 2016 9:32 AM

Jul 2009
I don't think Fujiwaras would act like his previous guardians, they're too nice and care too much about him to treat him differently. I actually hoped he would tell them finally about himself when Matoba blackmailed him but it seems like we'll have to wait for that a little longer.

I see I'm not the only one who noticed what happened to Nyanko-sensei's eyes... though seeing how the animation got poorer I'm not so sure anymore if it was on purpose or if something just went wrong xd
Oct 19, 2016 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
geh this episode went so fast
I'm glad to see Natori-san again, even Matoba-san
now this is really Natsume Yuujinchou :3

Oct 19, 2016 1:57 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Best anime.
pandora18 said:
Did anyone notice that Nyanko's eyes turned golden at 3 different points? I don't read the manga so I'm wondering what the significance of that could be.
I'm almost positive that we'll learn why in the coming episode(s).
Oct 19, 2016 9:10 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That phone call was pretty scary. Hopefully Natsume manages to get through this ordeal and also find that resolve to tell his parents about his power. Matoba looked pretty serious when he mentioned he'd tell Natsume's parents about his power.

Nice to see Hiiragi again. I thought it was pretty cute when Nyanko got on Hiiragi's shoulders.

Oct 19, 2016 10:45 PM

May 2016
Looks like an interesting arc but the weird drop/change in animation quality threw me off so I couldn't concentrate on this episode!!
Oct 20, 2016 1:25 AM

Jul 2009
LovelyHikari said:
Hopefully Natsume manages to get through this ordeal and also find that resolve to tell his parents.
Touko-san and Shigeru-san aren't his parents actually, just relatives taking care of him.
Oct 20, 2016 3:12 AM

Jun 2013
so Matoba is back and this is gonna be good
Oct 20, 2016 5:21 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Manaa said:
LovelyHikari said:
Hopefully Natsume manages to get through this ordeal and also find that resolve to tell his parents.
Touko-san and Shigeru-san aren't his parents actually, just relatives taking care of him.

I know but to Natsume at this point he probably considers them his real parents.

Oct 20, 2016 7:52 AM

Jul 2015
This episode was so short. I liked the darker atmosphere and the intrigue in it, impatiently waiting for the next one.
Oct 23, 2016 4:44 AM

Dec 2012
Judging by the responses in this thread, it seems that the animation/artwork quality took a dip because I thought it was just me. It's still a good episode from a great series though.
allo
Oct 23, 2016 6:07 PM

Oct 2011
ehhhhhh a cursed phone call. an exorcist possessed by a youkai omg
Oct 24, 2016 9:39 AM

Jun 2008
I've forgotten all about the plot from the previous seasons D:
Dec 26, 2016 3:58 PM

May 2012
Not as good as the previous episode, but in general it was quite interesting!
Jan 7, 2017 8:53 AM

Mar 2015
Oh boy things are getting intense with the exorcists.. plus Reiko's collection of names is actually a forbidden form of exorcism?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 15, 2017 4:54 AM

Nov 2011
Episode extremely interesting, not so much by what happens during the story, but for what he refers Natori, at Natsume, about the forbidden techniques used by exorcists, it makes sense that the knowledge of Reiko, and Taki, are very sophisticated and powerful as weapons, for the exorcists. Nyanko sensei, is always hilarious.
May 27, 2017 11:04 PM

Mar 2012
Well it's looking like the exorcist who did the crappy seal is most likely the one that's being possessed by a yokai (who I'm guessing is the fella he was talking to).
Jul 10, 2017 7:13 PM
Aug 2015

pandora18 said:

I'm only watching this season now so probably it's coming late but from what I've seen so far I got the idea it happens when Nyanko-Sensei is paying more attention to things or acting more like his true form. It shows he's alert and has a menacing aura around him, I guess.
Apr 6, 2018 5:58 AM

Feb 2013
Matoba is trying to mess with his life again.
Jun 1, 2021 8:18 PM
Dec 2019
I love how this anime doesn't mess around with filler. It can be cheesy at times but I find that it has to be if they want to anime to flow smoothly at a constant pace.
The little clip between Sensei and Natori, when Sensei opened the door and Natori shut it instantly lol. That look Sensei gave him after he was what was in the room made me laugh. You don't see that style of humour in much anime.
Really looking forward to the next episode!
Jun 1, 2021 8:18 PM
Dec 2019
I love how this anime doesn't mess around with filler. It can be cheesy at times but I find that it has to be if they want to anime to flow smoothly at a constant pace.
The little clip between Sensei and Natori, when Sensei opened the door and Natori shut it instantly lol. That look Sensei gave him after he was what was in the room made me laugh. You don't see that style of humour in much anime.
Really looking forward to the next episode!
Jun 12, 2021 1:36 AM

Jan 2021
It’s Great to see Natori & Hiiragi again.!!:D
May 17, 2022 1:13 AM

Feb 2020
Matoba blackmailing Natsume. He's such an unscrupulous guy.
May 23, 2022 12:46 PM
Nov 2020
Whenever this matoba guy appears it's always trouble.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2016

89 by shippidge »»
Mar 17, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2016

134 by Meritas »»
Jan 2, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

61 by Meritas »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2016

152 by Meritas »»
Sep 29, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2016

68 by Cieling_phan »»
Jul 19, 2023 1:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.