Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2016 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow, this episode felt special. I think the OP song works fine for the new series and it's really nice to see the characters back again.

Not much has changed after all these years. The familiar feel of the show is still there with Natsume, Madara, etc dealing with the supernatural. Madara's silly antics are always so funny to watch still. Very glad to see the series return! I kinda like the ED theme song as well.

Stark700Oct 4, 2016 1:07 PM
Oct 4, 2016 10:03 AM

Nov 2007
OP and ED were so nice.

Meeting one of the relatives, who only knows negative side of grandma. Pot youkai wanting her doll that grandma stole? back.

Nyanko-sensei's CM for LaLa is cute.

They found the doll, but not hers. There's also another youkai targetted. They are connected with doll incident. It was actually originally the girl's doll and pot youkai picked up what she lost and claimed as her own. The girl's mother got new one, so grandma was going to return the doll to the youkai, who doesn't approve it was the one with little dirt.

Little girl youkai next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 4, 2016 10:09 AM
Oct 2016
Nyanko sensei get fatter, I think.
Oct 4, 2016 10:10 AM
Jul 2015
just done watching the first ep and it was beautiful and so nostalgic. The pacing was a little fast because they covered the whole 3 chaps into 1 ep, but well i guess it's to re-introduce all the main characters of the series.

btw, THE OP AND ED BY SASANOMALY AND AIMER ARE AWESOME!!!!!! LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!!!!!

The second ep will be about the little youkai girl and her precious towel she received from a human, one of my favourite stories ^^
sachiaOct 4, 2016 10:21 AM
Oct 4, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2015
I NEED THE SUBS!!!!!!!!1111111111

>[HorribleSubs] Natsume Yuujinchou Go - 01 [720p].mkv

ITS HAPPENING
DiginarcissaOct 4, 2016 1:08 PM
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Oct 4, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2013
is it me or does nyanko sensei look like he's gained a few pounds in the last four years? any who so glad this is finally back I missed this so much and the way it starts off it feel like a reunion the op and ed are amazing. I have to say natsume seems more cheerful in this season maybe it's just me but he seems more expressive and by that I mean he shows more emotion or emotions.
Oct 4, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
I'm loving the ED. Based Aimer!
Oct 4, 2016 12:32 PM

Aug 2010
Fuck I teared up from nostalgia. I forgot how much I love this show T^T

More hints and clues about Reiko's past and who she had her child with
I just love her interaction with Yokai. Dongora dude was a fun yokai

LMAO'd at the little yokai saying Nyanko is "A pig disguised as a cat" HAHAHA

The ED was soo good!!!

And from the PV I'm definitely gonna hnnnnngggg nxt ep. I'm a die hard fan of cute little girl stories XD
Oct 4, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2015
YEEES FINALLY
good OP and a great ED
I hope the quality will remain for the entire season, I'm so glad Natsume Yuujinchou got a new season *o*
Oct 4, 2016 1:06 PM

Feb 2011
This is as perfect as I remember it <3
Oct 4, 2016 1:12 PM

Apr 2016
Loved it! Finally, the wait is over :)
Both OP and ED are nice.
Pot Youkai was creepy when she was outside the door. Also, Natsume n sensei looked so cute huddled in the blanket!
Hints to Reiko's past, but I've read the manga so nothing new for me.
Now, waiting for the next ep :D
Oct 4, 2016 1:13 PM
Aug 2011
4 years- we've done it!!

Natsume Takashi soothing my life and Nyanko-sensei looked extra ROUND here haha.
We also learn more about Reiko's relationship.
I loved that part where the youkai said that she always smiled but Natsume's emotions are always changing. ;_;
Tanumaaaaaa!

I'm concerned about the future quality as well but for now I won't think about it too much.

Also, ED is lovely but they broke tradition because where are those beautiful visuals we always got? I always loved how the ED was drawn.
standOct 4, 2016 3:02 PM
Oct 4, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2011
AIMER <33

I think this about as much info as we really get on Reiko. I think maybe there was one other chapter, but she's still a huge mystery in the manga.
Oct 4, 2016 1:23 PM

May 2014
JESUS. I'm so happy with this season, even with changing studio the essence of the anime remains, the epic OST too, so i just loved this first episode and i can't wait to enjoy and watch the rest.
Oct 4, 2016 1:46 PM

Nov 2007
I was so hyped and now it's finally here.....and it's PERFECT as always!
i'm keeping up with the manga so it's not the first time i am encountering this story but it still managed to touch me again:')
(but do not skip on any Natsume with Tanuma scenes ever again please^^')
Oct 4, 2016 1:51 PM

Aug 2016
Just as I remember it and the good memories have came back from the old soundtrack and familar setting. I'm guessing this season is basically finding out Natsume's grandparents on his mother's side and find out what they are really like so I'm super excited to see some progress into finding out more about his family. I think things are going to get a lot more interesting and could be the best season yet.

Also, I love the OP & ED, songs reminds me of the old days.
Oct 4, 2016 1:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Oh man, i couldnt stop smiling during the entire episode, so fucking good.

WELCOME BACK NATSUME
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Oct 4, 2016 1:53 PM

Mar 2015
Aaah natsume, thank god you are back.
Good as always, Hope the Animation keeps consistent
Oct 4, 2016 2:00 PM

Mar 2008
nice episode about appearances and how they can be deceiving.
ED is awesome.
Oct 4, 2016 2:00 PM

Nov 2007
AND DO NOT ASK RETARDED QUESTIONS LIKE HOW I HAVE RATED THE ANIME A 10/10 AFTER JUST ONE EPISODE.

Back to the episode discussion. Same old Natsume. Nothing's really changed.

Reiko's past makes me so sad. At least Natsume has Sensei, the Fujiwaras, Tanuma, Taki, Satoru, Atsushi and Jun. Maybe the person Reiko talked about was her husband. I am sure he never abandoned her. There must be a beautiful story behind it. Just like Reiko was called a thief when she wasn't; instead the story behind her being a thief ended up being a beautiful story of her only trying to help a child.

Loved it when the Fujiwaras scolded Natsume like any real parents would. This also gives the feeling that the person who used to tell Reiko that climbing trees are dangerous and bought her manjuu-buns really cared for her. The subtlety in comparing Natsume's life with that of Reiko's itself makes Natsume one of the most brilliantly written stories.

I couldn't ask for a more perfect premiere episode to start a season we have waited for such a long, long time. I was on the verge of tears while watching this episode.

Make way for the season's best anime. 10/10
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 4, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2008
Liking that ED song.

Happy to see more Natsume and Nyanko-sensei and always nice to see more Reiko too.

Hope this season hits the feels.
Oct 4, 2016 2:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
That OP brought a severe wave of nostalgia, even if it was only three years ago when I finished all four seasons. But seriously, there hasn't been a Natsume Yuujinchou OP and ED that I haven't liked, they're always so....nice (can't find the word for it). First ED is still the best though, Natsu Yuuzora that always makes me cry.

As for the episode itself, it's the usual Natsume Yuujinchou, I love the overall tone and atmosphere of the series. It's nice to see more about Reiko again, she's still sort of an enigma and such an interesting character. Sad that she's always being misunderstood. I like the contrast between Natsume and Reiko's situations, and once again we realize how far Natsume has come since the beginning.
Oct 4, 2016 2:09 PM

Aug 2012
I love it!!! :D
The OP is amazing :D
Oct 4, 2016 2:11 PM

Aug 2010
Ah, my beloved Natsume is back. I just can't believe it, even when I have already watched the episode.
It was beautiful. I'm incredibly happy to see Natsume again. He's a wonderful character and I can't wait to join him in these new stories once again <3

Seeing Reiko's past is always sad... she was such a strong person. I always get teary-eyed watching her scenes.

Is it me or did they change Natsume's design a bit? I'm talking about his face here, he now has this kind of sharp look, (or a bit more serious) which is fine to me since it sticks a bit more to his manga design.

I know I'm gonna cry next episode. I remember that manga chapter dearly.

Natsume I love youuuuuu.
Oct 4, 2016 2:26 PM

Oct 2011
sweetdrops said:

What chapters are they adapting right now?
Oct 4, 2016 2:28 PM

Jan 2014
Natsume is back <3

Opening was amazing <3

Ending was amazing <3

Anime of the season already <3
Oct 4, 2016 2:48 PM

Jun 2014
Natsume and Nyanko-sensei are BACK! The four year wait was definitely worth it!

Loved the OP/ED! I actually teared up from the nostalgia of getting to see my favorite yokai and characters back finally!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 4, 2016 2:54 PM

Aug 2015
Back to more of the same and it feels great. I marathoned all 4 seasons of this show and didn't get tired of it once, so no change is good with me, can't even tell it's a different studio!
Oct 4, 2016 2:55 PM

Dec 2012
Ahhh it feels so good to see this show again. Spent all of last month watching Season 1-4 & what a lovely, peaceful & relaxing show.

So nice to see everyone again. Always great to see Natsume & Nyanko-Sensei.
Lovely OP song & great ED song by Aimer.

Great first episode. Really like seeing flashbacks of Reiko & her interactions with Youkai. Hopefully we get to know more about her.

Definitely looking forward to more. Season 5 LETS GO!!!!
Santoryu_XBurnerOct 4, 2016 3:00 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 4, 2016 3:00 PM

Apr 2010
Seeing this again just made me realise how much i missed this anime.
It's one of those anime where you can never get enough of and really looking forwards to this season hopefully it will be just as good as the last one.
Oct 4, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2010

The hype was real, it's so good to feel this mood again, and Aimer voice really fits the anime atmosphere.

Oct 4, 2016 3:06 PM

Dec 2014
Its nice having this series back.

I really hope they go more into Reiko's backstory, and perhaps maybe get to see a battle between her and a youkai. (Was one of her battles showcased before in full?)
Oct 4, 2016 3:47 PM

Nov 2015
IT'S HERE!! Though I watched the other seasons only a few months ago, I can relate with the hype of those who have been waiting for it for the longest time :D
The OP and ED were great, as expected of these series, and being eable to see and hear Takashi again was awesome <3
I'm up to date with the manga, and it feels so good knowing what'll happen!! If I'm not wrong, we'll see a bit of Reiko's backstory here and some development with Takashi's friends, as well as some conflict among the exorcists... :D Still, I'll probably wait for it to end airing and then binge watch it XP

Anyway, did anyone else noticed how they went from night to day when Takashi ran away looking for the pot? And how they showed Nyanko's green eyes? :O
Oct 4, 2016 3:50 PM
FAL made me

Oct 2012
Crying right now. Natsume returns after all these years. It's a dream come true.
Oct 4, 2016 4:07 PM

Nov 2007
light_san said:
sweetdrops said:

What chapters are they adapting right now?

this one was part of 57 and then 58,59
next week it's chapter before that...56 and part of 57
Oct 4, 2016 4:07 PM

Jul 2014
Best anime of the year. Nothing will compare.

Rewatched a lot of past episodes yesterday and honestly the Fujiwara couple are such good parents to Natsume.
Oct 4, 2016 4:30 PM

May 2012
Really liked the OP and ED

I always like seeing more of Reiko, so having her as the main focus in the first episode was pretty cool. And the soundtrack, I'm loving it again

Looking forward to the next episode

Oct 4, 2016 4:31 PM

Aug 2015
VanishingKira said:
Wonder how long it'll be before Shuka runs out of a budget and the animation quality drops drastically?

I don't think that Brain's Base is greater than Shuka.
Some episodes of Natsume were less animated at times.
Oct 4, 2016 4:41 PM

Jul 2015
The tears.. the memories, the wait was worth it!!! Great OP and ED!!!
Oct 4, 2016 4:49 PM

Apr 2015
Excellent start to the new season.

This is the first of the anime that I've seen, though I've read the manga up to around here I think.

This looks like it will be a fun show.
Oct 4, 2016 4:50 PM

Jul 2010
I'm so happy Natsume is back. I loved the episode, I'm still really curious about Reiko's past.
Oct 4, 2016 5:05 PM

Dec 2012
I'm SO HAPPY Natsume is back I could cry! Oh wait, I almost did...several times!

It was beautiful and nostalgic and even though it's one anime I'd have always wanted a sequel for, I never actually expected it. And it was a perfect beginning, with the same creative team back, delving back into the same atmosphere, the lovely art and sound, and hearing those endearing familiar voices again - especially Kamiya Hiroshi's perfect Natsume!!!

azureDrag0n said:
even with changing studio the essence of the anime remains
Yes! I cannot express how relieved (and happy!) I am, everything fits just right, like it never ended :')))
fullmetalbenderOct 4, 2016 7:25 PM
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Oct 4, 2016 6:13 PM

Mar 2013
ah natsume you're godd! ahh I'm crying in this new season

Calming as always..
SO HAPPY FOR ED AND OP ah Aimer!!
Kamiya Hiroshi welcome back being Natsume!

Nyanko's face are different now.. even the studio changed I always love this anime
Oct 4, 2016 6:14 PM

Dec 2015
Ahh.. it's finally back! *sob
Oct 4, 2016 6:50 PM

Jan 2008
Ah~ I'm so happy it's back. I'm glad that it still feels the same, like it never ended. The OP and ED are really nice too~. Looking forward to the next one.
Oct 4, 2016 7:22 PM

Sep 2011
Glad to see the series hasn't changed. It felt just like Natsume should. The art quality isn't nearly as good as I remember it, but I wasn't watching this series for the art anyway. At least we will have one watchable show this season.
Oct 4, 2016 7:38 PM

Aug 2012
Wonderful start, it brought the same atmosphere and feeling as before. Loved the parallel of the acorn youkai and pot youkai, especially how lovable the acorn youkai turned out to be. Classic Natsume. Such a breath of fresh air to have this back.

Natume + Aimer my goodness <3
Oct 4, 2016 7:38 PM

Aug 2011
Watching this episode felt like coming back home after a long journey. The voices, the characters, the atmosphere, the music... I missed it all so much

Aimer's Akane Sasu is <3. Please tell me that the ED visual is just a placeholder and that Shuka didn't run out of budget lol
Oct 4, 2016 8:01 PM

Nov 2010
Oh the nostalgia, it was beautiful. the episode was heartwarming and had a great story. and the preview show promises. nothing could go wrong with Natsume.

BTW, ED was fantastic.
Oct 4, 2016 8:18 PM

Feb 2012
So many nostalgia feels! Natsume is my all time favorite. I marathon them all at least every six months.
The OP was nice, loved the visuals, but I fell in love with the ending song.
A good adaptation of the manga, though meeby a bit rushed.
Yes I rated 10/10 don't judge me. At least I waited till the series was out!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2016

89 by shippidge »»
Mar 17, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2016

134 by Meritas »»
Jan 2, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2016

61 by Meritas »»
Dec 25, 2023 9:57 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2016

68 by Cieling_phan »»
Jul 19, 2023 1:30 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Go Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2016

60 by Nurularifin »»
May 23, 2022 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.