Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Rewrite' Gets Second Season for Winter 2017

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 24, 2016 11:52 AM

Dec 2007
Being familiar with the 8 Bit and Tenshou combination, the sequels are going to be much better.
Sep 24, 2016 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
Tennouji said:
I'm so sad because... on how they destroyed the image of the visual novel and now they're seriously going to continue the 2nd season, in which I was hoping the whole time that the 2nd season won't continue... but it did...

It was already implied from the start from what I remember correctly though.
Sep 24, 2016 12:12 PM

Sep 2011
TheLittleRedHero said:
Tennouji said:
I'm so sad because... on how they destroyed the image of the visual novel and now they're seriously going to continue the 2nd season, in which I was hoping the whole time that the 2nd season won't continue... but it did...

I did say that I was hoping the whole time that the 2nd season won't continue.

Sep 24, 2016 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
Tennouji said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I did say that I was hoping the whole time that the 2nd season won't continue.

Eh I see, understandable enough.
Sep 24, 2016 12:25 PM
Dec 2011
It was obvious that Moon and Terra routes will be adapted. They only want to focus on Kagari in the anime but it would be difficult if the other girls' routes are not adapted. So the anime-original route was created to bridge the common route and the two final routes in the anime.
Sep 24, 2016 12:26 PM

Sep 2011
Can we not, 8bit? You already made the anime look like shit for non-anime viewers and the VN readers. I fall into the former. One of the worst Key Adapts yet.
Sep 24, 2016 12:38 PM

Jun 2014
Kinda expected, I don't expect that much but I hope at least that the Moon route will be as mindfuck as it was in the VN.
Sep 24, 2016 1:26 PM

Aug 2015
What should I expect from this? Well, I 'll take the risk to get disappointed, the first season was entertaining at least.
Sep 24, 2016 1:42 PM

Aug 2014
Shokko said:
What should I expect from this? Well, I 'll take the risk to get disappointed, the first season was entertaining at least.
13ep should be enough to do a good adaptation of the routes in question, so I think it'll atleast be good storywise.
Sep 24, 2016 1:46 PM

Jul 2013
Snappynator said:
Shokko said:
13ep should be enough to do a good adaptation of the routes in question, so I think it'll atleast be good storywise.

It was confirmed for 11 episodes
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 24, 2016 2:12 PM

Aug 2014
sanata50lbsb said:
Snappynator said:

Oh I see, well that's hopefully still enough to do a decent adaptation atleast.
Sep 24, 2016 2:32 PM
Dec 2011
When I was reading the VN few years ago I was dreaming of seeing an adaptation for Terra one day. However, after seeing 8-bit adaptation I lost interest. My friend told me about the news earlier and I had like no reaction.
Sep 24, 2016 2:41 PM
May 2015
Even though the anime adaptation was mediocre, I still somewhat enjoyed the series. I'm definitely going to give the 2nd Season a shot.

Sep 24, 2016 2:52 PM

Aug 2013
Couldn't care less. I don't want to see anything else of this and I dream about proper adaptation in future (yeah, pretty impossible but in other hand we've got redone Kanon in 2006 which was whole universe better than first one).
Gtfo 8bit.

I still don't understand one thing. Why Key gave rights for adaptation to 8bit, they knew what happened to Grisaia. I would understand it it would be a small company which wanted to promote their stuff for all costs. But not the Key...
People complained about Little Busters (JC Staff), but it wasn't that bad. I liked it (and I knew VN before I watched it).
Rewrite is a garbage in every aspect, starting from horrible art, ending on direction. Ok soundtrack is great, but only because they used music from the game.
rsc-plSep 24, 2016 3:04 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 24, 2016 2:57 PM

May 2015
yea hopefully this is like a grisaia type deal. cuz this was so hard to watch '-'
Sep 24, 2016 3:50 PM

Jan 2014
Fuck you, Romeo..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2016 4:34 PM

Jan 2014
RobertBobert said:
Why would so reduce the story in the anime, if you wanted to do a second season?
Because they did so with Grisaia and it actually worked,people bought that...

They are making a mistake here tho,this one wont sell as much because this is not ecchi like Grisaia...
Sep 24, 2016 4:55 PM

Aug 2014
MagicalMahou said:
Fuck you, Romeo..
What? He was just there to see stuff through, he didn't have as much of an influence as Tensho...or the scriptwriter...
Sep 24, 2016 6:28 PM

Aug 2015
I've got mixed feelings on this. I'll probably end up watching it but I'll go in with minimal expectations.
Sep 24, 2016 7:37 PM

Aug 2012
The butchering continues.

It's truly sad to see one of the best visual novels translated to be reduced to this. Such a pity.
julyanSep 24, 2016 7:40 PM
Sep 24, 2016 7:52 PM

Nov 2011
As an anime original viewer, I feel pretty underwhelmed by the first season. Hope the sequel will improve.
Sep 24, 2016 8:27 PM
Jul 2018
Snappynator said:
MagicalMahou said:
Fuck you, Romeo..
What? He was just there to see stuff through, he didn't have as much of an influence as Tensho...or the scriptwriter...

I also don't get why you went on jumping on hating like that... that came out of nowhere as well for my end.
Sep 24, 2016 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
Snappynator said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Oh I see, well that's hopefully still enough to do a decent adaptation atleast.

Having 11 episodes isn't much of a big problem imo. Because Moon can be done at least if done like Episode 1 of the first season (48 minutes) it should be fine. It's kind of the same length as two episodes, which Moon can be covered with that amount. Terra can be covered around the later episodes (which equals 10 in total from my estimate).

Besides its a linear story so I wouldn't really mind it, but I do hope they can do something about this.
Sep 24, 2016 8:37 PM

Mar 2014
Gigaddect said:
The fuck are they thinking I dropped after watching 5 episodes is it still watchable?

Whoahoho said:
WTF this boring thing get's a 2nd season?

Hahah well it's pretty commonly known in the VN community that those final two routes in Rewrite are worth playing past the arguably terrible common and character routes, so maybe the anime would work the same way.

Considering I dropped the VN and haven't watched the anime, I reckon probably not.
Sep 24, 2016 8:40 PM

Aug 2012
Stark700 said:
As an anime original viewer, I feel pretty underwhelmed by the first season. Hope the sequel will improve.

I don't recommend watching the 2nd season without prior knowledge of the 5 original routes. 2nd season will adapt Moon and Terra, which are the true routes of the game.

Honestly, I don't know to who this adaptation is intended for anymore.
Sep 24, 2016 9:22 PM

Sep 2016
Not gna lie pretty happy I liked the first season
I want to be the very best, like no one ever was, to watch them is my real test, to complete them is my cause, I will travel around the web searching far and wide, each episode to understand, the plot that's deep inside, anime, its you and me, I know its my destiny, I watch you, you teach me, Jap-an-ese, ANIME, gotta watch em all!
Sep 24, 2016 9:56 PM

Jul 2014
Grisaia deja vu.

Hope they do fine with this, It can't change anime-onlies' impression on this series anymore but at least satisfy fan with proper Moon and Terra, and tbh i think it will be fine this time.
Sep 24, 2016 10:28 PM

Aug 2013
It's one of those weird scenarios where it was kind of needed because the story felt incomplete after being such an incoherent mess...but...it was so mediocre/bad anyway that you have to question whether it's even worth it.
Sep 24, 2016 10:57 PM

Jan 2011
Sooooo we do a predominate anime original route...and then announce a "second season" to it...but plan to adapt routes canon to the VN.

Like wtf?

Feel super confident about the outlook for the anime that is Rewrite. Key adaptations continue to sink.
Sep 24, 2016 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
Jonesy974 said:
It's one of those weird scenarios where it was kind of needed because the story felt incomplete after being such an incoherent mess...but...it was so mediocre/bad anyway that you have to question whether it's even worth it.

Its more like it wouldn't really feel complete as a reader per say personally.
Sep 24, 2016 11:15 PM

Sep 2011
julyan said:
Stark700 said:

I don't recommend watching the 2nd season without prior knowledge of the 5 original routes. 2nd season will adapt Moon and Terra, which are the true routes of the game.

Honestly, I don't know to who this adaptation is intended for anymore.

Simple, they're just lying about "so anime-only viewers will understand" and it's truly about who played the visual novel.

Sep 24, 2016 11:20 PM

Jul 2007
letitdie.gif

The first season was an incomprehensible mess even moreso filled with usual key tropes except this time nothing happens and nothing makes sense. It reminded me of Angel Beats but WORSE.

The production values were downright bad, almost Berserk level of bad, the characters - incomprehensible and cliched and there's not a single redeemable aspect of this show. Why is it getting a second season is beyond me.
AhenshihaelSep 24, 2016 11:23 PM
Sep 24, 2016 11:24 PM

Jul 2013
Fai said:
Why is it getting a second season is beyond me.

Planned from the start
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 24, 2016 11:40 PM

Aug 2012
sanata50lbsb said:
Fai said:
Why is it getting a second season is beyond me.

Planned from the start

It was meant to be an advertisement for Rewrite+ so a season 2 is definitely not part of the initial drawing board. Something must have happened.
Sep 25, 2016 12:02 AM

Jul 2013
julyan said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Planned from the start

It was meant to be an advertisement for Rewrite+ so a season 2 is definitely not part of the initial drawing board. Something must have happened.

Kotarou's VA confirmed it would be split cour back in June.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 25, 2016 12:07 AM

Aug 2012
sanata50lbsb said:
julyan said:

Whoa. You got a link for that?
Then all the "this is just an advertisement" a lie?
Sep 25, 2016 1:12 AM

Sep 2011
julyan said:
sanata50lbsb said:

It MAY BE also for the sake of advertisement but yes, the split-cour thing was already confirmed by the VAs before.
TennoujiSep 25, 2016 1:20 AM

Sep 25, 2016 2:02 AM

Aug 2014
This boring anime gets a 2nd season? I find playing with my hair more interesting.
Slimes say "Goo'd day".
Sep 25, 2016 2:37 AM
Sep 2015
im not mad at all.. more ichigo voice! bleach come back plz
Sep 25, 2016 4:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
julyan said:
sanata50lbsb said:

Planned from the start

Well you don't normally make VN adaptations without adapting to the true ending if the game has one, so I think it was pretty expected. I mean it'd basically be left at a bad ending otherwise
Sep 25, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2012
HaXXspetten said:
julyan said:

Well you don't normally make VN adaptations without adapting to the true ending if the game has one, so I think it was pretty expected. I mean it'd basically be left at a bad ending otherwise

I don't think it needs to if its only meant to advertise Rewrite+, however I just learned that wasn't the case here.
Sep 25, 2016 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Sadly, just like with Grisaia they failed to recognize what was the best part of the original work and are probably going to "ace" the unimportant follow up.

That said, I'm not frothing with rage or anything since Rewrite isn't among my favourite VNs like Grisaia no Kajitsu is. So I'm undecided on how much I care, other than that if Tensho gets the job to adapt another of my favourite VNs I'll have to hire a Japanese clown to take a shit in his mailbox
Red_TuesdaySep 25, 2016 11:26 AM
Sep 25, 2016 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
TheLittleRedHero said:
This might sound like an unpopular opinion, but I'm honestly happy getting a second season. Though I don't have much hopes at the moment for the moment. But I do think it can work out since Terra and Moon are easy to adapt since they don't really need the heroine routes to adapt these.

Besides the anime despite being a bit of a poorly shown version, it already did showed some plot points and the fact that they announced of course, Moon + Terra in one of the stuff here as well. No surprise.

This i actually agree with. Moon and Terra are extremely hard to fuck up compared to the rest of it. Taking the Grisaia analogy, this is likely the difference between Meikyuu/Rakuen, and Kajitsu.
Sep 25, 2016 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
FontSize72LOL said:
TheLittleRedHero said:
This might sound like an unpopular opinion, but I'm honestly happy getting a second season. Though I don't have much hopes at the moment for the moment. But I do think it can work out since Terra and Moon are easy to adapt since they don't really need the heroine routes to adapt these.

Besides the anime despite being a bit of a poorly shown version, it already did showed some plot points and the fact that they announced of course, Moon + Terra in one of the stuff here as well. No surprise.

This i actually agree with. Moon and Terra are extremely hard to fuck up compared to the rest of it. Taking the Grisaia analogy, this is likely the difference between Meikyuu/Rakuen, and Kajitsu.

And I could be wrong but for Meikyuu and Rakuen (I only have read Kajitsu's Yumiko Route on YouTube, mind you even then most of the stuff I watched from Kajitsu is from an anime only's standpoint but I still felt like it was rushed), you don't really need the heroine routes to understand, since those two focuses more on Yuuji's story and the closure of the trilogy, right?

Moon and Terra for me are similar to that in a sense. Plus, as an addition, if we take like lets say the overall count, Moon and Terra can be done with the amount of episodes given per say, its extremely hard to fuck things up.
Sep 25, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
julyan said:
sanata50lbsb said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y_NxAAh2F0
here's the link if you're still interested. At the 37:55 mark he says, "Up to episode 7 is half of half the story". So two cours was already planned.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 25, 2016 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
TheLittleRedHero said:
FontSize72LOL said:

And I could be wrong but for Meikyuu and Rakuen (I only have read Kajitsu's Yumiko Route on YouTube, mind you even then most of the stuff I watched from Kajitsu is from an anime only's standpoint but I still felt like it was rushed), you don't really need the heroine routes to understand, since those two focuses more on Yuuji's story and the closure of the trilogy, right?

Moon and Terra for me are similar to that in a sense. Plus, as an addition, if we take like lets say the overall count, Moon and Terra can be done with the amount of episodes given per say, its extremely hard to fuck things up.

Pretty much. Meikyuu is Yuuji's backstory, and Rakuen is more about a certain other character than any of the individual heroines and is more focused on Yuuji anyway. I'd say this situation is pretty similar. I'm not going to say that it'll be a great anime adaption, but it'll likely be a much better adaption than the first season. Its just too bad that people who aren't familiar with the VN might not actually want to pick it up, or all of their hype is going to be dissipated from the lackluster season 1.
Sep 25, 2016 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
FontSize72LOL said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Pretty much. Meikyuu is Yuuji's backstory, and Rakuen is more about a certain other character than any of the individual heroines and is more focused on Yuuji anyway. I'd say this situation is pretty similar. I'm not going to say that it'll be a great anime adaption, but it'll likely be a much better adaption than the first season. Its just too bad that people who aren't familiar with the VN might not actually want to pick it up, or all of their hype is going to be dissipated from the lackluster season 1.

If I can comment on this (which is personal experience outside of the MAL forums), I have few people on my end that are actually pretty interested in the second season. In fact, few people from an anime onlies' standpoint actually liked the first season...

I know it was pretty poorly done (which I can't really deny this at the slightest amount despite me enjoying it, but at least it was done more as a setup in my opinion), but I am pretty sure some few are interested in the second season, more on my end of course in all honesty (if I can say amount lets say around 10 or 11 people for the moment being, there are more that I know of but I haven't really heard some of those people's overall thoughts on the anime just yet to be honest, while others did gave their feedback and did actually enjoyed it).

It might sound weird but, I can say this in all honesty based on what you said about "anime onlies" but again, that only counts on my end, hell my old friend which I call him my big brother (well not by blood but its more of a way he talks to me as a big brother) loves the first season to death, I can easily say that and I was surprised. Not gonna lie.
Sep 25, 2016 4:08 PM

Apr 2015
"How to butcher a great Visual Novel, Part 2" - Here We Go~!
Sep 25, 2016 8:05 PM
Dec 2015
This anime started a regular thing, but I think after a few chapters became a little better, not anything special but has a pretty original story that goes beyond what appears to be. I definitely see his 2nd season, although I think it would have been better if it had been animated by KyoAni.
Sep 26, 2016 2:18 PM
Apr 2012
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME...THEY NEED TO BOYCOTT THIS SHIT. It is literally the WORST anime of the year, coming from a masterpiece source material and yet the incompetent studio is getting more? Just stop please. KEY is going on a downward spiral and now they've reached the cliff and are about to jump off.
flackSep 26, 2016 2:21 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tensei shitara Dainana Ouji Datta node, Kimama ni Majutsu wo Kiwamemasu' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Mar 4

1 by AxaraCereb »»
2 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

18 by MrShadowDUH »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Apr 25

9 by Playcool »»
4 hours ago

» 'Arknights: Rise From Ember' TV Anime Announced

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by Yona_Runcandel »»
6 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.