Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 10, 2016 1:22 PM

Jun 2016
not a lot happened this episode, but it was good character development. looking forward to the rest of the season
Scream!
Sep 10, 2016 1:22 PM

Sep 2014
Hisako blushing and with glasses was great!

Erina with Megumi, didn't see that coming, was interesting though.
How dare ye doubt Erina-sama lowly chef?!!!
Erina carried Megumi pretty hard, although she did contribute a bit too.
That Erina rage was cute ^^

Was funny how Hisako was feeling depressed at the mention of Erina and vice versa xD
I really enjoyed Souma's and Arato's interactions especially Hisako's smile at the end <3

Shinomiya at the end, this should be interesting.
Sep 10, 2016 1:36 PM

Sep 2015
not too big on this episode honestly
Sep 10, 2016 1:36 PM

Feb 2015
A great episode! Very nice development for Hisako, and it was great to see Erina actually doing something instead of just watching. I look forward to the next episode!
Sep 10, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
I liked Hisako's interactions with Souma and the ending with Souma comparing Hisako's situation with his own one was a very good way of showing how Souma is now starting to think in create his own path rather than follow the one of his father, who was also hinted with the owner of the restaurant he and Hisako visited this episode when Souma ask him what restaurant he is trying to create.

I didn't liked Hisako at all at first, but this episode redeemed her giving her more characterization than being just Erina's personal Smithers. Good move of the author.
And speaking about Erina, I know they tried to show the owner of the restaurant that she and Megumi helped was really inferior compared to her and that, but she pissed me in that scene. I totally felt the bearded guy in those parts.

And in the next episode Shinomiya reappears... who is not that surprising because the opening and the ending hinted he would have a role in the season. Doesn't matters, I'm ready to see him again. He is one of my fav characters after all.
Sep 10, 2016 2:15 PM

Dec 2012
Great start to the Stagiaire Arc.

Nice to see more of Hisako & development of her character in this episode.
Souma just too good in the restaurant. Really liked how they needed to change in order to keep moving forward.

Erina just taking over the kitchen. Megumi also offering input which was great to see.
Lovely Smile from Hisako.

Shinomiya at the end. Cannot wait.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 10, 2016 2:50 PM
Feb 2008
The best part is coming, prepare for a good ride! Hisako smile was so sweet!
Sep 10, 2016 3:03 PM
Mar 2016

Oh she back......................
Sep 10, 2016 3:39 PM

May 2015
That was a nice episode. Souma working together with Hisako was an entertaining watch. I wonder how they will finish this show, though, considering we have only two episodes left.

Sep 10, 2016 4:20 PM

Feb 2014
Pride- said:
Inori_is_love said:
lmao Soma's harem keeps getting bigger.

That "Harem" literally just have two people in it.

You could make a solid case for 3 people. Erina is tsundere but she obviously likes Souma. So that makes Megumi, Nikumi, and Erina for his harem.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Sep 10, 2016 4:32 PM

Jun 2015
Can anyone tell me what chapter this is in the manga? I simply cant wait any longer and feel the urge to start reading haha pls halp!
Sep 10, 2016 4:50 PM

Feb 2013
19Pyro90 said:
Pride- said:

That "Harem" literally just have two people in it.

You could make a solid case for 3 people. Erina is tsundere but she obviously likes Souma. So that makes Megumi, Nikumi, and Erina for his harem.

Megumi is confirmed to be just admiration.
With "two girls" i was referring to Ikumi and Kurase. Erina is warming up in the current arc but i don't think that is love yet.
Sep 10, 2016 5:45 PM
Jul 2016
welcome back hisako I was wondering when she would finally appear again in the show. It was a good thing Soma did giving her the courage she needed to go back and make up with Erina after she lost in the Autumn Elections. All around good episode I can't wait for the next one
Sep 10, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
Bless up! Shinomiya is in Tokyo! Btw, I'm sure everyone expected this cuz he was in the dang opening and the ending so it was pretty obvious after they explained what the Stagaire was in this episode
Sep 10, 2016 5:54 PM

Jun 2016
Great episode. I always enjoy more development of characters I care about and Hisako was always interesting enough. Nice to see her come out of her shell (turtle killing reference on purpose) with the help of Yukihira who always seems to make these girls less bitchy.

I also liked seeing how the other characters were handling their workplace's and Megumi unfortunately, was exactly how I expected

PS Loved seeing Erina just take over the entire kitchen like usual.
King-of-soulsSep 10, 2016 5:58 PM
Sep 10, 2016 6:08 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode. Yukihira and Hisako work really great as a team.

But rly tho, as someone who has worked in a restaurant before both serving and in the kitchen...it's not as a rocket science-y as they kinda made it out to be in this ep.
Sep 10, 2016 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode! Finally what this series should be about. We want such stories not repetetive endless battles!

And they also shown nice contrast between both pairs, now I like Hisako even more.

xSanox said:
Great episode. Too bad there are only 2 episodes left.
Would totally watch the different characters during their time at a restautant

Actually, this had turned into two-cour meanwhile (MAL is late with changing it as always), expect the same number of episodes as season 1 had.
Sep 10, 2016 6:58 PM

May 2014
Mich666 said:
Great episode! Finally what this series should be about. We want such stories not repetetive endless battles!

And they also shown nice contrast between both pairs, now I like Hisako even more.

xSanox said:
Great episode. Too bad there are only 2 episodes left.
Would totally watch the different characters during their time at a restautant

Actually, this had turned into two-cour meanwhile (MAL is late with changing it as always), expect the same number of episodes as season 1 had.

Do you have a source? Wherever I check it says 13 episodes and if they did decide to extend it, it would've been all over the place.
Sep 10, 2016 7:12 PM

May 2012
uzee said:
Pretty much hoping the season will end with this panel (maybe a 2-3 chapters after it):

That's good but I actually want it to end with the last panel in chapter 117 where it could be used as a nice cliffhanger if there is a Season 3.
[/quote]

Can't wait for the elite 10 (if there's a season 3 hopefully..huhu)
Sep 10, 2016 7:24 PM

Jul 2013
I've never paid much attention to Hisako before but man she's looking quite fine.
Sep 10, 2016 7:24 PM

Dec 2014
: the stagaire started…… Welll kinda sad that only two episodes left…..Good show overall
Sep 10, 2016 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
Who needs customers like that anyway, expecting everything in under a minute or something.

Liked seeing those two pairs, since you never really see them interact.
Sep 10, 2016 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was adapted so well, I'm super glad they got this in 1 episode without it feeling rushed.

One thing I wish they had included was the little bits on Hisako's secretary stuff:

Sep 10, 2016 8:08 PM

Jun 2013
Soma's stagiare partner is Hisako and they're sent to a small restaurant which I'd now getting tons of customers and is finding it difficult to make it through. Soma and Hisako bring the restaurant back up. Soma especially because of his experience at the Yukihira diner which also got tons of customers because of his dad's cooking. Lol this was a bit like Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares where he fixes restaurants going down. The restaurant people here were also reluctant to make the changes Hisako and Soma suggested because it changed what they've being doing all this time. But they accept the proposal put forward by Soma and as a result they get their old customers back who couldn't come in because it was always filled.

Nice to see more Hisako here. She was first pissed at how things turned out because she hated Soma because Erina hated him. But she starts to see that this guy really has talent and he's not as bad as Erina thinks he is. He even gives her the advice of trying to become someone who can stand beside Erina instead of standing behind her. Her original mentality greatly restricted her because she would always look at herself as inferior to Erina and wouldn't try to get better. Erina also wanted Hisako beside her and not behind her and this decision by Hisako would please her.

And Megumi is with Erina and the latter can't stop being an arrogant bitch lol. She pisses off the restaurant owner by taking over his kitchen in a flash. And to make matters worse, the timid little girl who was washing the dishes also comes up with suggestions of her own lol. All this helps his restaurant get better so he can't really complain, but he still doesn't like that is kitchen has been snatched from him. I wonder how Erina would have managed if she had been sent to a smaller restaurant like Soma was. There aren't many people in big restaurants like the one she was sent to so things are easier there. She probably wouldn't have coped well if there were streams of orders coming in every second. Megumi could have coped better then because she has worked in the professional kitchen unlike Erina who feels insulted just by being asked to wash dishes.

Now it looks like Soma will be dropping by at Shino's. Should be good to see him working together with a successful chef who is only getting better and better. If Soma has to leave an impression there it's gonna be difficult. Well, that's assuming Soma goes to Shino's and it isn't someone else he's waiting for. They should really show how Hayama and Ryo are handling things on their ends. Ryo would only be having problems getting along with the staff. He has restaurant experience so that shouldn't be a problem.
Sep 10, 2016 9:23 PM
Nov 2015
The whole ending scene to this episode was brilliant, played out almost how I wanted it. The rest of the episode was 'meh' but I'm a sucker for good endings.

4/5
Sep 10, 2016 9:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
This episode really showed how cute YukiHisa look as a pair up, probably better than YukiEri. Honestly I like the way YukiHisa interacted.
The whole concept of the Stagiare stuff sounds quite interesting. It's not just about cooking but also finding new ways to make the restaurant better.

- Hisako doing well as a waitress
- Yukihira with his dining restaurant experience + fast cooking skills
- Megumi with that visual catch. It's actually quite impressive to see Megumi do something very important simply from washing dishes.

Hisako blush at the end. Such a beautiful blush. Hisako imo is quite underrated as a character.

Sep 10, 2016 9:55 PM

Oct 2015
I ship Soma x Arato Make it happen!
Sep 10, 2016 10:45 PM

Sep 2014
I'm really hapy the tournament arc is over. It's a pity it took so long to finish, because these regular episodes are far better.
Sep 10, 2016 10:57 PM
Jul 2018
Hishoko best gril. (For this ep tho.)
Dat rapport with Souma was awesome. Loved the way she smiled/blushed at the end.

Erina getting T R I G G E R E D by Megumi at the limo was funny as fuck.
Or lemme rephrase: TWICE T R I G G E R E D.

And for the next ep, Gordon Ramsay's back! Lol. :)
Sep 10, 2016 11:07 PM

Feb 2014
Pride- said:
19Pyro90 said:

Megumi is confirmed to be just admiration.
With "two girls" i was referring to Ikumi and Kurase. Erina is warming up in the current arc but i don't think that is love yet.

Admiration can quite easily turn into love in anime so I'll stick by my previous sentiment. So the only change ill make in my thinking is that he actually has 4 girls in the harem lol I forgot all about Kurase. As for Erina warming up a tsundere in anime means shes as good as done already. We saw the first signs of their impending relationship the first time she ate his food and had a foodgasm. For someone nicknamed the "god tongue" thats a pretty big deal and she already cant get him out of her head. On top of the fact that every time someone mentions Souma or he does well at anything she has some type of emotional reaction. In anime that means shes in love. She just doesnt know it yet.
Sep 10, 2016 11:35 PM

Jan 2013
Nice change of pace. Still a long way to go.
Sep 11, 2016 12:23 AM

Dec 2013
Really nice seeing Hisako getting more screen time. She looks amazing with glasses.
Sep 11, 2016 12:24 AM

Jun 2013
Only two more episodes. Are we getting a third season next year?

I think Hisako is a good character to pair up with Souma. Souma is definitely in his element when dealing with an influx of customers. I like him more when he's at his restaurant or dealing with customers than battling it out with the other chefs.

Erina is also in her element and partnering her up with Megumi is also good. They can learn from each other and they seem like they could become good friends.
臭い-
Sep 11, 2016 12:49 AM
Aug 2014
Soma's D is so good he turns a lesbo straight!
Sep 11, 2016 1:50 AM

Jul 2012
Jeez, Hisako and Erina and their egos man... Besides that, the episode was good.
Sep 11, 2016 2:14 AM

Sep 2015
Aaahh I wished the episode was longer, really like the interactions between Hisako and Soma!

Hisako: Erina-sama, I'm back! Here I brought the manga you wished for!
Erina: You finally back! I really miss you!
Hisako: Yes, Soma made me realize that I want to be on your side!
Erina: Soma? Go Hisako. Leave me alone. Never come back to me. And give me that manga first..
Sep 11, 2016 2:56 AM

Dec 2013
My god. First Stagiare all in one episode. They really want to rush the hell out of this show now don't they?
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 11, 2016 4:53 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, Erina took over that kitchen in a flash. I wonder what's gonna happen if Soma and Erina's placement were switched over.

I'm amazed they managed to cram five chapters in one episode. Though I do hope the next part will get a tad better treatment.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 11, 2016 5:04 AM

Jun 2013
Damn I don't remember turning on the 2x speed for this episode
Sep 11, 2016 5:17 AM

May 2010
Nnnnh unexpected Hisoka arc? Wait why am I calling her Hisoka lmao. "Hisako"

She did the *points finger with one hand at one side* pose!!! I love this pose!!! Thank you very much

God that's like waves of titans coming one after another... Hell.

Megumi x Erina tho lmao, I'm interested in this combo too
But God, is Erina arrogant. She gets work done tho, so can't complain.

Man this arc is great. It's highly practical. Also Hisoka and Souma are a good duo.

Megumi's dialect hahahah I love it so much
These two are a good combo tho

What Hisoka and Erina need is a step-up in relationship and become friends/rivals.
And Souma said it after 2 mins I thought the same. Lol.

And one of the best episodes we have here.
Sep 11, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
Moekou said:
I love how in the final scene together with Soma and Hisako, you can LITERALLY see a ship sail by at full course right behind them

Im on board for this Hisako x Soma ship
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 11, 2016 6:09 AM

Feb 2014
Really good episode!

There was a few art and animation inconsistencies compared to last week, but for the most part, it was still good. =)

Same goes for the pacing too. I just couldn't see the start of this arc to be slow, but thankfully it wasn't too fast either.

The interactions between Arato and Soma was very enjoyable. It's good to see Arato learn and respect Soma for his experience and skills in the proper restaurant. Not only that, but he's able to repay his debt for Erina by getting the rest of the Shoujo manga that she's heavily into as well.

Also, Soma's solution for helping the restaurant makes sense. Even though they were doing fine when Soma and Arato were helping, they would just end up back in square one when the two would leave. So, having a reservation system means that not only can they keep up with the demand without feeling under pressure, but their regular customers can happily return and eat without any worries of the bullet train passengers bombarding the restaurant at the same time.

Plus, I doubt they were getting much profit from the train passengers anyway, since a lot of the customers couldn't wait for their food to be cooked, and left without eating anything, due to their limited time available.

I can't forget Megumi though. Despite being partnered with Erina and stuck with washing the dishes a lot, her suggestion about the sauces and vegetables was spot on too. =)

Looking forward to next week, where Shinomiya makes his welcomed return! =D
Sep 11, 2016 6:10 AM
Dec 2013
Team Megumi Erina = Team future love rival?
Sep 11, 2016 7:05 AM
Sep 2016
Ok, this was kind of filler-ish.

I was hoping that the Stagiaire thing was focused in one restaurant only. They passed what, two days in Mitamura? Although I have my differences with the way they chose to "improve" the service at the end, there's no doubt that the restaurant's impact on Souma and Arato was practically null. Souma got to be this badass unapproachable cook all over again. There was no challenge for him at all. And Arato got... To learn to respect Souma? To get relationship advice? Omg guys, I'm as glad we got to see more of her as any other guy but come on. This was barely a stepping stone for she forgiving herself and coming back to Erina.

(Side note: I don't agree with people saying that Souma is getting a harem. He's slowly earning the respect and admiration of his colleagues and the only one who misinterpret her own newly achieved admiration for romantic interest is Nikumi. Maaaaaybe Megumi and Takumi have it more real. Come on, it's not a harem by any stretch)

But my biggest problem with this episode was Mitamura's and Excellent's staff (excluding Excellent's chef). Mitamura's because they were ugly as fuck.

Mitamura himself was the only one who got introduced and had a personality (and a name), but it faded away pretty quickly with the episode. Why have the trouble of introducing a character if we're never seeing his personality again, even on the same episode?

And Excellent's staff because apparently they were all fucking children.

I was sincerely expecting more from both the art and story for one of the last episodes of the season.

What I liked about this episode is that we got to see Erina being kind for a change and actually valuing someone so subtle like Megumi, and Megumi being this kind of low-key awesome that only her can pull off.

And the ending scenes too, that was cool.

Sep 11, 2016 7:25 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Best episode of this season.

The tournament was still pretty good and all but still weaker than last season.

Sad to see that there's only 2 episodes left tho. ;-;
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 11, 2016 8:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
This was a pretty good episode after the excitement that the autumn elections arc had. And the pairing with Hisako and Soma was unexpected.

Still Hisako is a great support character like every other character on food wars and its great to see her get some spotlight. Plus its a welcome change to see a different character paired with Soma.

Hisako's reaction upon seeing Soma at the station was just priceless though

This was a good episode that showed Soma's experience and Hisako's adaptability and willingness to learn and its nice to see that by the end of the episode they had already established a rapport. And im glad that they managed to pass the first trial

Arguably the most surprising pair was Erina and Megumi
but that seems to be going well as Erina does listen to Megumi

This was a good start to the new arc and can't wait to see what happens next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 8:20 AM

May 2015
J0kerz said:
Can anyone tell me what chapter this is in the manga? I simply cant wait any longer and feel the urge to start reading haha pls halp!

That was chapter 109. Here ya go
http://www.mangamint.com/shokugeki-no-soma-109?page=12
Sep 11, 2016 9:58 AM

Feb 2013
19Pyro90 said:
Admiration can quite easily turn into love in anime so I'll stick by my previous sentiment. So the only change ill make in my thinking is that he actually has 4 girls in the harem lol I forgot all about Kurase. As for Erina warming up a tsundere in anime means shes as good as done already. We saw the first signs of their impending relationship the first time she ate his food and had a foodgasm. For someone nicknamed the "god tongue" thats a pretty big deal and she already cant get him out of her head. On top of the fact that every time someone mentions Souma or he does well at anything she has some type of emotional reaction. In anime that means shes in love. She just doesnt know it yet.

I don't think so.
Megumi being just admiration was after the election and she becomes irrelevant for the rest of the series after that, The current saga is pushing Erina/Souma and the side materials are pairing her with Takumi. so is unlikely that she will get romantic feelings.

>In anime that means shes in love. She just doesnt know it yet.
But not here, The manga clearly shows that she really hated him until two arcs ago.
Sep 11, 2016 11:16 AM

May 2015
Wonderful episode! I loved it, I would love to see a whole season of this "Stagiere Chronicles"
Sep 11, 2016 11:37 AM

Feb 2014
Pride- said:
19Pyro90 said:

I don't think so.
Megumi being just admiration was after the election and she becomes irrelevant for the rest of the series after that, The current saga is pushing Erina/Souma and the side materials are pairing her with Takumi. so is unlikely that she will get romantic feelings.

>In anime that means shes in love. She just doesnt know it yet.
But not here, The manga clearly shows that she really hated him until two arcs ago.

She didnt really have a reason to hate him though. Its not like she knew who his dad was until recently so it couldnt be jealousy. And as they say there is a thin line between love and hate. She just doesnt know she loves him yet lol
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.