Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 50 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2016 9:40 PM

Jul 2014
Hello I need an anime recommendation for the MAL Challenge
Preferably no RomComs or plain Romance
preferibly 12 eps but 24-25 is fine
thx ^^
Jun 4, 2016 10:49 PM

Sep 2014
fatebleach said:
thx ^^

Watch Kino no Tabi (13 episodes)! ;)
Jun 4, 2016 11:05 PM

Jul 2014
I've had Kiznaiver down for an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships since the first few episodes aired and it was focused on friendship and stuff like that. But in the recent episodes, everything went to hell with a love pentagon so it doesn't fit anymore does it..? need confirmation.
Jun 4, 2016 11:18 PM

Oct 2014
vikki7783 said:
I've had Kiznaiver down for an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships since the first few episodes aired and it was focused on friendship and stuff like that. But in the recent episodes, everything went to hell with a love pentagon so it doesn't fit anymore does it..? need confirmation.
If you feel like it no longer fits you could use Shounen Maid for that challenge. It's focused on the relationships between Chihiro and the people around him (there's some yaoi subtext, but I don't think that would disqualify it). You're pretty much caught up with it and you aren't using it for any other challenges so it seems like a good decision.
Jun 5, 2016 12:02 AM

Jul 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
vikki7783 said:
If you feel like it no longer fits you could use Shounen Maid for that challenge. It's focused on the relationships between Chihiro and the people around him (there's some yaoi subtext, but I don't think that would disqualify it). You're pretty much caught up with it and you aren't using it for any other challenges so it seems like a good decision.

oh that's true, thanks. #30characters
Jun 5, 2016 7:08 AM

Jul 2014
Miragee said:
fatebleach said:
thx ^^

Watch Kino no Tabi (13 episodes)! ;)

Arigatou ^^ looks interesting, been meaning to watch but forgot lol
Jun 5, 2016 7:34 AM

May 2009
@Ryuuzahar

Watch an anime with a main cast mainly of one gender:
Free It's better than what it looks like.
Kimi to Boku
Sketchbook Full Colors
There's no romance in any of them. There is some romance in Kimi to Boku but most of it is in the second season I think.

You watched a lot of the anime I had in mind for "Watch an anime with children as the main cast" but if you don't mind a shoujo:
Gakuen Alice

Professional in his field:
Maybe Claymore
Full Metal Panic
You could also watch the second season of: Ghost in the Shell SAC

Watch an anime adapted from a manga with a score of 8.0 or higher:
Bokurano Can also works for "Watch an anime with children as the main cast"
Gansta Just so you know, the ending is rushed.
Monster
Shiki Not really sure if you're going to like this one.

I'm not sure if you're going to like my recommendations. I tried to find some anime that are closer to what you like but it's a bit hard with these categories.
Jun 5, 2016 8:12 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Miragee said:
DeadlyRaven said:

I think they really need to be human but I'm not 100% sure.

Have you seen those characters? They are basically human just with other outside appearance. I think having humaoid children is good enough. I think it would be silly to not let it count because it follows the purpose of the challenge.

Not really, there's no age specified but some of them seems older than 12 so I can't really say I would accept it for that particular item

Rojo said:
Does any of the Pokemon series/movies count for the "Watch a show where the main cast are children."

This may be asking a bit much but, if I can't use Pokemon, can anyone see anything from the "missing titles" part of this list that I can use?

I have an extra rule for my challenge which is to only use shows off that list.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/20159/Pokemon__The_Origin

Ryuuzahar said:
Can you help me, please?

Is there something wrong on my entries?

Thanks! (^▽^)

If you post your form link I can check it...

georgi075 said:
how do you enter the compotition it doesnt say i really wnt to do it

DeadlyRaven said:
@georgi075 Read the first post of this thread, everything you need to know about how to enter and what to do is written on it. There is another thread if you want to discuss the challenge and ask questions: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1469515
SheyCroixJun 5, 2016 8:16 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 6, 2016 3:23 AM

Mar 2013
Ryuuzahar said:
@SheyCroix
Anime Challenge 2016

Recommend me too for those vacant seat. :)

Use Macross for 3 cour and bartender for your ptw one.
Jun 6, 2016 3:24 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Ryuuzahar said:
@SheyCroix
Anime Challenge 2016
Recommend me too for those vacant seat. :)

Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship // Hoshi no Koe
--- they aren't in a romantic relationship

For the missing ones the one in ptw too long it's up to you, since you are the one who knows for how long those have been there. For the 2-cour one, based on your PTW list, you could try
http://myanimelist.net/anime/26/Texhnolyze
http://myanimelist.net/anime/2158/Terra_e_TV
http://myanimelist.net/anime/721/Princess_Tutu
http://myanimelist.net/anime/593/Mugen_no_Ryvius
since they tend to be liked most of the time

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 6, 2016 3:39 PM

Mar 2013
They are in a romantic relationship in Hoshi No Koe. Weren't they dating, then they started long distance?
Jun 6, 2016 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
Question:
"Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)"
^Can somebody explain me what that means? Is it a long anime? And I assume I have to pick the hard section one, if I chose the hard path?

"Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope"
^I dont get this one either. I dont see any anime on this site. :P

Thanks in addition for helping me :))
<3
Jun 6, 2016 6:07 PM

Mar 2013
Gwendolly said:
Question:
"Watch an anime one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length (easy/medium/hard)"
^Can somebody explain me what that means? Is it a long anime? And I assume I have to pick the hard section one, if I chose the hard path?

"Choose a random trope from TVTropes and watch an anime listed under the trope"
^I dont get this one either. I dont see any anime on this site. :P

Thanks in addition for helping me :))

TheFAQOnPage1ThatYouIgnored said:
5. "What means one-/two-/three-cours (or more) in length?" -- Normally a "cour" is the three-months period often used to divide the seasons. The length for the anime tends to be:

1-cours : 11 - 13 episodes (regularly over the course of a season)
2-cours : 23 - 26 episodes
3-cours or more : more than 34 episodes

So easy is 11-13 eps at least, medium is atleast 23eps, hard is at least 34 eps.

For the TVTropes one, You got to TVTropes.com, click the button that says random trope, scroll down until you see the Anime+Manga tab, open the tab, pick something from there, feel free to random until you find something interesting.
Jun 6, 2016 10:11 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
AudioTsunami said:
They are in a romantic relationship in Hoshi No Koe. Weren't they dating, then they started long distance?

No, seems they

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 6, 2016 10:39 PM

Mar 2013
SheyCroix said:
AudioTsunami said:

No, seems they

Jun 8, 2016 10:24 AM

Feb 2015
Hello! I need help for a couple of things:

Watch an award-winning work
>>I'd preferably like a movie but if a series is really good I wouldn't mind either. Technically I've seen a lot of the award-winning movies but I didn't know about MAL back then.

An anime with children as the main cast
>>Is Pupipo! okay? I noticed its about a 5th grader which usually means they're 10-11 years old. Then again, I only saw one ep so there may be more adult presence later??

Watch a Historical, Military or Police anime
>>Does movies or specials work here? I have a Conan special I'm planning on watching but I wasn't sure if it has to be TV type.

An anime with an archetype as a main character
>>Preferably something other than Madoka, which I do realize is on my PTW but I'm not exactly sure if I want to watch it yet... if that makes sense

An anime recommend by another participant
>>I'm not picky about my genres nor do I care about the length. Although currently, I'm on a short anime kick.

Thanks in advance! My challenge list for reference: link. The rest of my blanks needs me to go and look at what other people have done so I haven't touched it yet.
Jun 8, 2016 10:37 AM

Oct 2014
@rayeine

Watch an award-winning work
>>I'd preferably like a movie but if a series is really good I wouldn't mind either. Technically I've seen a lot of the award-winning movies but I didn't know about MAL back then.

Tsumiki no Ie (short film)

Watch a Historical, Military or Police anime
>>Does movies or specials work here? I have a Conan special I'm planning on watching but I wasn't sure if it has to be TV type.

None of the challenges have to be type TV. People had decided that the cour challenge and season challenge would be logical to have as only type tv (only TV series are considered to have cours and seasons for non-TV anime work differently), but it has been decided that you don't have to watch a TV series for any of the challenges.

An anime with an archetype as a main character
>>Preferably something other than Madoka, which I do realize is on my PTW but I'm not exactly sure if I want to watch it yet... if that makes sense

Anne Happy (genki girl), Elfen Lied (yandere), Zombie Desu Ka? (magical girl)

An anime recommend by another participant
>>I'm not picky about my genres nor do I care about the length. Although currently, I'm on a short anime kick.

Non Non Biyori is a good one. Detroit Metal City is also good and it's quite short (150 minutes).
Jun 8, 2016 10:45 AM

Feb 2015
@zombie_pegasus

Thanks! I'm going to use DC for the police one then. What award did Tsumiki no Ie win?

I heard a lot about Detroit Metal City... If I don't particularly enjoy heavy metal music, would I still like it?
Jun 8, 2016 11:29 AM

Oct 2014
rayeine said:
@zombie_pegasus

Thanks! I'm going to use DC for the police one then. What award did Tsumiki no Ie win?

I heard a lot about Detroit Metal City... If I don't particularly enjoy heavy metal music, would I still like it?
Tsumiki no Ie won the 2008 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film

DMC is a comedy anime. I don't really like heavy metal music either, but it's still hilarious.
Jun 8, 2016 11:50 AM

Mar 2016
1.Could I have some suggestions for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" challenge? I don't really care what genre (just not mecha or a long anime). Thanks!

2. Could I have a some suggestions for the "Watch an anime three-cours (or more) in length" challenge? Again, I don't have a preference for the genre, just not mecha. Thanks!
caitlintheotakuJun 8, 2016 11:54 AM
Friend me for more:OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI
Jun 8, 2016 12:06 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
caitlintheotaku said:
1.Could I have some suggestions for the "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant" challenge? I don't really care what genre (just not mecha or a long anime). Thanks!

You liked Kill la Kill so how about Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? >__> I see no mecha, but I will say this is the anime that changed my mind on mecha. You should still give it a shot.

You also liked Assassination Classroom so how about Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro by the same author.

caitlintheotaku said:
2. Could I have a some suggestions for the "Watch an anime three-cours (or more) in length" challenge? Again, I don't have a preference for the genre, just not mecha. Thanks!

And how about The Twelve Kingdoms for this?
Jun 8, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2016
Brand said:
caitlintheotaku said:

You liked Kill la Kill so how about Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann? >__> I see no mecha, but I will say this is the anime that changed my mind on mecha. You should still give it a shot.

You also liked Assassination Classroom so how about Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro by the same author.

caitlintheotaku said:

And how about The Twelve Kingdoms for this?

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll get on them right away!
Friend me for more:OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI OPPAI
Jun 8, 2016 12:33 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
I actually need one for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant".

I'd prefer something not to long and available on any one of these Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, or Amazon Prime. Pretty much any genre is fine though.
Jun 8, 2016 12:39 PM

Jul 2014
Brand said:
I actually need one for "Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant".

I'd prefer something not to long and available on any one of these Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, or Amazon Prime. Pretty much any genre is fine though.

Skip Beat!
It's available on Crunchyroll.
Jun 8, 2016 12:46 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
mozgow said:
It's available on Crunchyroll.

Thank you very much, I'll add it to my queue.
Jun 8, 2016 3:45 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Ryuuzahar said:
About the romance, is this valid?

to be honest I don't remember the romance of Jin-Rou... I might need to either research, re-watch it or read others opinion...

rayeine said:
An anime with children as the main cast
>>Is Pupipo! okay? I noticed its about a 5th grader which usually means they're 10-11 years old. Then again, I only saw one ep so there may be more adult presence later??

Yes, it works

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 8, 2016 3:49 PM

Feb 2015
@SheyCroix thanks!

zombie_pegasus said:
Tsumiki no Ie won the 2008 Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film

DMC is a comedy anime. I don't really like heavy metal music either, but it's still hilarious.

I see, thanks! I'll put it on my list then. Hopefully the humor is up my alley.
Jun 9, 2016 6:56 AM

Oct 2014
Ryuuzahar said:
SheyCroix said:

to be honest I don't remember the romance of Jin-Rou... I might need to either research, re-watch it or read others opinion...

Yes, it works

No complain on this one then.

/30characterlimit
I used this which is a pretty hardcore ecchi shoujo ai OVA and it was acceptable, so I think that one would work too.
Jun 9, 2016 11:53 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Ryuuzahar said:
SheyCroix said:

Yes, it works

No complain on this one then.

/30characterlimit

lol yeah, use that one for the romantic couple

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jun 9, 2016 1:20 PM

Dec 2012
Guys, does an anime movie count for the "anime that started airing between..." challenge? I mean, it would make sense, but I'm kind of unsure and I don't wanna find out after submitting my turn-in form.
Jun 9, 2016 1:23 PM

Jul 2014
Snizel said:
Guys, does an anime movie count for the "anime that started airing between..." challenge? I mean, it would make sense, but I'm kind of unsure and I don't wanna find out after submitting my turn-in form.
Any entry in MAL database counts.
/charlimit
Jun 9, 2016 1:40 PM

Oct 2014
Snizel said:
There aren't any TV series that aired before 1963 (at least none that have been subbed). It already says in the FAQ that an anime can be any entry.
Jun 9, 2016 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
mozgow said:
Snizel said:
Any entry in MAL database counts.
/charlimit
zombie_pegasus said:
Snizel said:
There aren't any TV series that aired before 1963 (at least none that have been subbed). It already says in the FAQ that an anime can be any entry.

Thank you both. I didn't consider comparing it to the one from the bonus challenges, that makes sense. I feared that I might have got it wrong because of my lack of English understanding, sorry. xD
Jun 12, 2016 8:42 AM

May 2009
Hello, I just wanted to know if those anime work for those categories:

- Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships: Kyousou Giga
If this one doesn't work, I would like to have some recommendations because I have a hard time finding any anime for this category.

- Watch an anime that has a main character that is a professional in his field: Paniponi Dash!
Jun 12, 2016 9:07 AM

Mar 2013
Kyousougiga won't work.

I think the other one works.
Jun 12, 2016 9:29 AM

May 2009
AudioTsunami said:
Kyousougiga won't work.

Thank you, I was about to start Kyousougiga so...
I spent a lot of time searching for something that would fit this category but I couldn't really find anything. Can someone recommend me something for this: Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships? I don't mind any genre.
Jun 12, 2016 9:46 AM

Oct 2014
DeadlyRaven said:
AudioTsunami said:
Kyousougiga won't work.

I spent a lot of time searching for something that would fit this category but I couldn't really find anything. Can someone recommend me something for this: Watch an anime that focuses on non-romantic relationships? I don't mind any genre.
Hibike! Euphonium is a good one. Pretty much all moe and sports anime work with exceptions like Cross Game and Chuunibyou. K-On!, Selector Infected WIXOSS, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Girls und Panzer, Gakkougurashi!, Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan", and Binbou Shimai Monogatari are some other options.
Jun 12, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2011
What are the limitations to the Children in main cast challenge?
Jun 12, 2016 9:54 AM

Oct 2014
yhunata said:
Under 12 for normal users, under 14 if you were misinformed that that was the restriction. If no age data is available for the characters then if they look and act like they're under 12 it is acceptable. The entire main cast must children, so it can't be a babysitter situation like Ro-Kyu-Bu or Hanamaru Kindergarten.
Jun 12, 2016 10:15 AM

Sep 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
yhunata said:
Under 12 for normal users, under 14 if you were misinformed that that was the restriction. If no age data is available for the characters then if they look and act like they're under 12 it is acceptable. The entire main cast must children, so it can't be a babysitter situation like Ro-Kyu-Bu or Hanamaru Kindergarten.

How big must the cast be? Are 2 characters like in Ookii 1 Nensei to Chiisana 2 Nensei enough for that item?
Jun 12, 2016 10:31 AM

Oct 2014
Hershel_Layton said:
zombie_pegasus said:

How big must the cast be? Are 2 characters like in Ookii 1 Nensei to Chiisana 2 Nensei enough for that item?
I used Binbou Shimai Monogatari for the "Watch an anime with a main cast mainly of one gender" challenge and it only has two main characters, so I think a cast just has to be at least two characters.
Jun 12, 2016 11:30 AM

May 2009
zombie_pegasus said:
DeadlyRaven said:

Hibike! Euphonium is a good one. Pretty much all moe and sports anime work with exceptions like Cross Game and Chuunibyou. K-On!, Selector Infected WIXOSS, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun, Girls und Panzer, Gakkougurashi!, Boku no Imouto wa "Osaka Okan", and Binbou Shimai Monogatari are some other options.

Thank you so much! (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑
Jun 12, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2014
Thanks. Another question, this time about the ,,Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action" challenge. If a live action show is adapting an anime based on a manga, isn't it technically adapting the manga instead of the anime? Does the anime have to be an original?
Jun 12, 2016 11:50 AM

Jul 2014
Hershel_Layton said:
Thanks. Another question, this time about the ,,Watch an anime that has been adapted to live action" challenge. If a live action show is adapting an anime based on a manga, isn't it technically adapting the manga instead of the anime? Does the anime have to be an original?

As I understand this point, there must be a live-action version of the story shown in anime, regardless if the anime is original or not.
Jun 12, 2016 12:06 PM

Oct 2014
Hershel_Layton said:
As long as it isn't an anime adapted from a live action movie it's fine. The one I used was based on a novel and has had live action adaptions from both before and after the anime aired, which was acceptable.
Jun 12, 2016 10:14 PM

Apr 2014
zombie_pegasus said:
yhunata said:
I had just finished watching Charlotte for that challenge & wondered "Wait wtf does the "i.e.12 years old or younger" mean cant they be teenagers" So thank you for making it clear to me & making me search for something else
Jun 12, 2016 10:21 PM

Oct 2014
Mr_Perv_ said:
zombie_pegasus said:
I had just finished watching Charlotte for that challenge & wondered "Wait wtf does the "i.e.12 years old or younger" mean cant they be teenagers" So thank you for making it clear to me & making me search for something else
Since the majority of anime have characters between the ages of 13 and 17 there is one challenge for a main cast under the age of 13 and another challenge for a main cast over the age of 17. "Watch an anime with teenage protagonists" may as well be "watch an anime", which would be a pretty illogical challenge. You're welcome. You can probably use Charlotte for another challenge.
Jun 13, 2016 2:05 AM

May 2014
» Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship

» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character

^ I need some recommendations for these two.

Romance: I'm looking for a more mature show, something that's not cheesy or generic.

In general, I prefer shows that are a little different.

Jun 13, 2016 5:41 AM

Sep 2014
coromandel said:
» Watch an anime that focuses on a couple with a romantic relationship

» Watch an anime with an archetype as a main character

^ I need some recommendations for these two.

Romance: I'm looking for a more mature show, something that's not cheesy or generic.

In general, I prefer shows that are a little different.

Romance: Spice & Wolf. It's based in the middle-age in europe. It features some witty dialouge and its focus is on trading/peddling aside from the romance.

The other one is harder because shows that feature real arche-type characters are not that great most of the times. You might want to try out Osomatsu-san if you are up for a slap-stick/nonsense comedy (I think those brothers could count as archetypes). Maybe Samurai Champloo or one of the Durarara sequels.
Jun 13, 2016 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
  » Watch an anime recommended to you by another Anime Watching Challenge participant

Can someone give me some recommendation(s) please?
I would like to watch anime that the main character is misunderstanded and isolated, like Hikigaya Hachiman (from Oregairu) and Ryner Lute (from Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu). I would also watch anime focus on philosophy, like Kokoro Connect and Ghost in the Shell.
If it is difficult to find such anime, I would accept comedy.
Thank you ^^
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (65) « First ... « 46 47 [48] 49 50 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 2 hours ago

17 by Zettaiken »»
2 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 1 hour ago

7 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 25 minutes ago

7 by LightWorker »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

232 by TheMinkalex »»
7 minutes ago

» Is watching a show for the cute girl weird?

fallout45 - 9 hours ago

17 by Otakupervert890 »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.