Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 7, 2016 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Oota is really popular.

The pancake though...yum, delicious. I think Oota and Tanaka made a good decision to get that. Shirashi in a nutshell this episode.
Stark700May 7, 2016 7:12 AM
May 7, 2016 7:31 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Lol, at Tanaka's guess on how Oota's sister looks like. Shirashi and Tanaka would be an awkward couple since they're complete opposites.

5/5
May 7, 2016 7:32 AM

Jan 2008
I've a feeling Tanaka might accept Shiraishi's feelings eventually. I like the idea of Ohta and Tanaka together but I know it won't happen. I just can't imagine Tanaka in a relationship, so I'd rather things stay the way they are. I think this series doesn't need romance anyway.
May 7, 2016 7:46 AM

Nov 2012
ohta is like the perfect husband haha.
great episode as always <3
May 7, 2016 8:10 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Perfect episode. The second half might be the cutest thing i have watched in a long time. I got teary-eyed from that. That was so sweet.

First half...just feeling so related to it again xD
May 7, 2016 8:18 AM

Oct 2015
Smudy said:
Perfect episode. The second half might be the cutest thing i have watched in a long time. I got teary-eyed from that. That was so sweet.

Oh my god, I have to agree ! The moment he said "Actually, I already thought we are friends" was so sweet of him and my heart melted. Miyano at the end was awesome too. She really found out about the true feelings haha. It's such a sweet, innocent romance story and I love it ^3^

The frist half was funny. I just couldn't stop laughing. I want to see both sisters now :D
May 7, 2016 8:21 AM

Nov 2015
I look forward to this show every week, Tanaka being at his best.
Lol Tanaka's idea of Ohta's sis was damn funny.
Shiraishi trying so hard to be his friend was great to see.
May 7, 2016 8:32 AM

Feb 2014
That's pretty cute at the second half. Miyano being Miyano.
May 7, 2016 8:36 AM

Sep 2014
Well, rooting Shiraishi to be with Tanaka-kun!
Best episode so far, 10/10
May 7, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
Supermarket trip was fun to see with Oota proving to be even more reliable than before. Shiraishi's musings over Tanaka and Miyano helping her were cute. Decent episode.
May 7, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2013
Shiraishi's part is actually one of the newer chpater, but... YES. MORE SHIRASIHI.

First half was okay, can't wait for when Tanaka's sister actually shows up. The second half tho. T'WAS GOOD. Miyano was exceptionally awesome at the end.
May 7, 2016 9:08 AM

Feb 2013
I really loved this scene. LOL.

- Someone he likes?
- Marry me. I want you to take care of me the rest of my life. I can no longer live without you.

Yup. He's the one ♥
May 7, 2016 9:31 AM

Feb 2015
Oh man, that ending was brilliant. Shirashi in love is fantastic, I ship it so hard.
May 7, 2016 9:31 AM

Dec 2013
Oh god, they adapted this portion PERFECTLY! I loved every single minute of it!
I cannot wait until Tanaka's sister shows up. That punishment with the pasta dish made of all the stuff that he needlessly bought was excellent!
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 7, 2016 9:39 AM

Jan 2015
I've learn a lot about groceries shopping today. Thank you, Ohta.
And Shiraishi's "feeling" more than just want to be friend with Tanaka. Congrats
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 7, 2016 9:48 AM

Jan 2014
-Calming atmosphere
-Yuri
-Shiraishi's cute platonic love
-Tanaka's listlessness

This show is starting to become too much for me....Best SOL of the season at this point...

LoneWizzyMay 7, 2016 9:57 AM
May 7, 2016 9:54 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
This is on track to become one of my favorite shows.
May 7, 2016 9:58 AM
Nov 2015
Ohta realizing that he might be a perfect fit for Tanaka was hilarious. Ohta is like a perfect mother, father, wife, and bro, all in one.
May 7, 2016 10:02 AM

Aug 2010
It's weird that Tanaka and Ohta didn't even know they have imoutos lol
Inb4 they're in the same class too
Can't wait to meet them

"I want one in my family" Everyone wants an Ohta. I want one too

Lol'd at the "Does he have anyone he likes?"
"ME" XD

Shiraishi was cute. Nice to see she's friends with Myaano now too. And Myaano actually figured out she's in love. Ohta's denser than I expected tho...lol
May 7, 2016 10:22 AM

Jun 2010
I love Miyano is so sharp when it comes to romance. You really wouldn't expect that from a person so in her own world, I love it.

The beautiful thing here is that this series doesn't need romance to be great and funny - meaning there is very little at stake in the classic "will they or won't they" scenario introduced this episode. Anything can be done with this, because it's really far from being the focus of the series. It could end next episode, with Shiraishi deciding through hilarious hi-jinks that it's not love after all. Or it could continue to be done for laughs when needed. Or it could be done heart-warmingly. It could even be done as a part of character development - say, if the series at any point decides the"Tanaka-kun being listless" scenario is out of jokes and shifts to a "Tanaka-kun seriously striving to stop being listless" scenario.
May 7, 2016 10:28 AM

Apr 2016
Tanaka-kun's the type of anime that makes me feel relieved after in a state of stress.
May 7, 2016 10:32 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yup, AOTS right here so far.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 7, 2016 10:42 AM

Apr 2015
Seriously amazing week yet again hell yeah
May 7, 2016 10:56 AM
Dec 2012
This series is so refreshing for me, really diggin' the mellow vibe.
Damn I didn't expect this from Miyano..
May 7, 2016 11:13 AM
Jan 2016
This show is just... I don't know why, but I really like it. It's so warm and pleasant to watch, so relatable yet funny. The characters are great, and even though there's no plot, it's still fun to watch and come back every week.
Hmmm... I guess I DO know why I like it. :P
May 7, 2016 11:44 AM

Dec 2014
oota is so tanaka's wafu...
But the last scene was so good though
May 7, 2016 12:04 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. Lol at Ohta realizing that he is the one that Tanaka likes.
Also, the mothers at the supermarket wanting Ohta. >.<

I kinda like how they made Miyano a "supposed love rival" when Shiraishi saw her and Tanaka talk together. What made it even more interesting is that she realized that Shiraishi is in love with Tanaka and will secretly support her. >.< D'aww.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2016 12:17 PM

Mar 2013
Just when I thought this series was on its way to be one of my favorites, they're adding this romance bullshit. This series it's fine the way it is, it doesn't need romance to be good.

Relaxing and funny as always of course. Supermarket part was fun.
HeiizeMay 7, 2016 12:21 PM
May 7, 2016 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
Great episode once again. Sure Ohta not being able to put 2 and 2 together when it was so blatantly obvious what Shiraishi was getting at, but this was still very much enjoyable. Shiraishi is definitely best girl and is making me like this show more and more with every passing episode.
May 7, 2016 12:25 PM

Jan 2014
HNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHH! SHIRASHI, STOP BEING SO PRECIOUS <3

An unrequited, impossible romance really opens a lot of comedic possibilities, something like Gekkan Shoujo, I hope.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2016 12:40 PM

Oct 2008
MIYANO IS MVP

Seriously that was so cute and clever how she helped her get his phone number :3

I was kind of doubtful we'd get a romance storyline in this show but I'm all for it. I don't know how it could work out with Tanaka's personality being like that though. I'd hate for it to get a comedic ending with Shiraishi finding out the reason Tanaka recognised her.

Also thought we'd see their younger sisters this week already.
May 7, 2016 12:47 PM

Jul 2015
Shiraishi is so cute :3 I really hope there's more moments between them!
May 7, 2016 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
+1 for Miyano being awesome (she is officially my Popura substitute since Working ended ).

Shiraishi got more cute after falling in love. The scene where Oota says Tanaka likes him was hilarious.

Finally took my time to see the ending music and oh boy! Tanaka was not lying when he said he sister looked like him. Hope to see her next episode.
May 7, 2016 1:41 PM

Feb 2015
Tanaka is flawless as usual. It's so relaxing. I can't wait for the sisters appearance!
May 7, 2016 2:36 PM

Apr 2010
I have a confession to make i was in the supermarket today and toilet paper was on discount but i didn't buy it.
20 roles of toilet paper is way to much for me.

Well love is in the air but it seems it will be a while before Cupid's arrow hit's Tanaka from the looks of it.
It's going to be nice too see what happens tho.
May 7, 2016 2:37 PM

Jan 2016
Great but I'm a bit disappointed at the turn it's taking. ;^; Shiraishi is cute but I wasn't expecting this anime to go for the generic high school romance..
I want Ohta x Tanaka. ;^;
May 7, 2016 2:46 PM

Feb 2015
Really cute and relaxing as always. Ohta is the master of supermarket shopping, I'd become his apprentice.
May 7, 2016 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
another amazing episode
i was literally screaming when shiraishi asked ohta if tanaka had anyone he liked and ohta was like "me?!" xDDDDDD
that last scene was so cute

so shiraishi x tanaka is a ship too but ohta x tanaka will win.
May 7, 2016 4:37 PM
Jan 2016
There were lots of cool, hyped up shows coming out this year, like Kabaneri, Re:Zero, Sakamoto, etc. Who would have thought that Tanaka-kun, a show I decided to watch on a whim, would be the show I would look forward to every week?

btw, Ohta x Tanaka; obvious ship is obvious
May 7, 2016 4:45 PM

Oct 2015
Shiraish really in a nutshell in this episode. But then the scene between her and Miyano is showed up. Really Heartwarming for me. ^^
May 7, 2016 5:00 PM

Dec 2012
The episode was brimming with sweetness, but I liked Ohta's parental moment the best. It was hilarious how much effort and logic he and Tanaka put into figuring out what was the imouto's request. Male pride is a thing for a reason, imoutos, back off! :D
May 7, 2016 7:11 PM

Feb 2016
Otha is the perfect, mother, father, brother, and son all in one....

The guy everyone wants to have lol.....

May 7, 2016 7:19 PM

Dec 2015
Lol at both Ohta and Tanaka imagining what each other sister's are like. Also loved the part where Shiraishi asked Ohta if there is anyone that Tanaka likes, and Ohta just like "ME?!".

May 7, 2016 7:41 PM

Feb 2016
this eps pretty interesting. make me thinking that ohta has to be the heroine from the series. Shiraishi is really cute here :3 with Tanaka, they will be the unique couple
May 7, 2016 7:43 PM

Apr 2015
I wish everyone realised how good this show actually is, it's easily one of the best shows this year so far.
hi
Sets
Last FM
Anime List
Manga List
Clue no. 2: Somewhere in one of the pictures in my forum signature.
May 7, 2016 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
Almost everything about this show is really refreshing through my lenses (of course "good" and "refreshing" are subjective).

The characters are all really refreshing, especially Ohta. I've typecast his VA in my mind as someone who does more action-y characters. I watched a bunch of shows that he played a part in coincidentally before this season started and seeing him voice a character like this is super refreshing. It took a few episodes to adjust, but he has really nailed Ohta. The interactions between other characters, what few there are, are always interesting and each character is very consistent in their behaviors and ideals.

The music is where it needs to be as well. Both the OP and ED fit the show very well, and the music throughout the show is nice and not overbearing. It does its job very well.

The visuals are all very eye catching and the overall animation quality is great where the focus needs to be. There are noticeable drops in animation quality outside of the focal point of a lot of shots, but the show does a good job drawing your eye to a particular location. I'm not averse to this kind of thing when a show knows where it is ok to slack and by how much. In the case of this show it almost adds a bit of flavor.

The romance aspect is also very playful, at least from what we've seen up to episode 5. The preview for episode 6 seemed to imply that Tanaka would be sick, so we'll see to what lengths this show takes that on the romance side. I'd like this show to remain just as light as it has been, so I hope the current romance we are seeing maintains a certain level of detachment and doesn't become a major focus or overbearing force on the direction of the remaining story.

I can see how people would think this show is slow or boring, though. If you aren't really invested the conversations seem rather dull and uneventful. I would normally think this as well, but Ohta is carrying the show like a champ. He is the perfect foil for Tanaka and his patience and persistence are nothing but admirable. As long as it continues to be as playful as it has been I think this will end up in my top three for this season.
May 7, 2016 9:00 PM

Dec 2015
ShiraishiXTanaka for non BL people, but TanakaXOhta for others.

I'd ship them all Tanaka is good Waifu quality tbh

Is it Oota or Ohta? I've been hearing things...

Nothing else to say really, it's really just like the manga! I can't wait to see the sisters too!

This episode: 9.9/10
May 7, 2016 9:07 PM

Dec 2015
Miyano does a good job! Didn't expect some romance in this show. Ohta and his thinking about Tanaka's younger sister LMAO

"ORE KA??!?"
i do what i want to do.
May 7, 2016 10:10 PM

May 2015
Nice to see a love triangle coming along.
But if anything, it better be TanakaXOhta.
It was great when Ohta felt like a parent.
And now I really want to meet Tanaka and Ohta's sisters.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
May 7, 2016 10:31 PM
Jan 2015
It's something when a show as one note as this leaves you wanting more. Keep on doing whatever you intend to do Tanaka-kun. It felt a nice reprieve from this action-filled season. I got the Flying Witch first. Now, this. Yay!

PS: Tanaka x Ohta is the OTP here. Don't meddle please. :D

A bit of an advertisement, here's my blog as I talk about these Spring 2016 shows. Thanks for paying a visit.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2016

147 by RKASHYAP621 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

146 by RKASHYAP621 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

219 by Tvirusz »»
Yesterday, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

236 by Yuki_1307 »»
Dec 20, 2023 1:02 AM

Poll: » Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

107 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.