Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen' to Air in Two Parts

New
Mar 26, 2016 12:54 AM

Jul 2009
NBCUniversal Entertainment has announced at AnimeJapan 2016 that the upcoming TV anime Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen will be split in two parts. The first part, Mirai-hen, will begin airing in July 2016.

Mirai-hen features the main characters of the original Danganronpa game, which was adapted into a TV anime in 2013. The second part, Zetsubou-hen, will feature characters from 77th graduating class of Kibougamine Gakuen, who are featured in the Super Danganronpa 2 PlayStation Portable game. An airing date for Zetsubou-hen has not been scheduled.

An official website opened on Thursday with character designs from the Mirai-hen series. A new promotional video released at AnimeJapan reviews the story of the Danganronpa franchise.

PV

Official site: http://www.nbcuni.co.jp/anime/danganronpa3/

Source: Ota☆Suke
Sakana-sanMar 31, 2019 4:16 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Mar 26, 2016 1:07 AM

Jan 2015
What? So 2 different versions of the anime?
Mar 26, 2016 1:08 AM
Dec 2015
Wow so maybe I can watch Nagito Komaeda later, yes. Kirigiri look more sexy and mature now. So maybe it's split cour. I hope LERCHE didn't dissapoint me again like the first series.
Murphy's Law

"Anything that can go wrong will go wrong"

Mar 26, 2016 1:15 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
This is getting more and more confusing with every update
Mar 26, 2016 1:23 AM

Feb 2015
okay....not really understand it well, but we will get 2 series ? Mirai-hen and Zetsubou-hen. if they do that then they need to adapt Zetsubou-hen first then Mirai-hen am i right ? because Zetsubou-hen is from the second game and Mirai-hen is from the third game. it will be fucking weird if they start Mirai-hen first.

well, if there is no connection in the story between the second game and the thrid game i guess it makes sense....tbh i don't play the game. but if there are some connection in the story, i hope they adapt Zetsubou-hen first.

Edit : i should watch the pv before posting -_-"
the PV is so confusing, so what is that 2 part stuff ?

Zetsubou-hen

^
is that from the second game or a new one ?
YizelTroMar 26, 2016 1:30 AM
Mar 26, 2016 1:25 AM
Jun 2015
That PV is full of spoilers for the second game and I don't even know Japanese. Not a problem but I feel sorry for anime onlies.
Netherless, I think we may find out more about the remanants of despair while they were still sane. Hopefully, Nanami will be back, or at least make an appearance. Otherwise, I will riot to no end. Same for Izuru.
JunkAccount101Mar 26, 2016 1:28 AM
Mar 26, 2016 1:38 AM

Jan 2015
JewellTH said:
That PV is full of spoilers for the second game and I don't even know Japanese. Not a problem but I feel sorry for anime onlies.

Why would you? It's summarizing what happened in the 2nd game for the ones who haven't played it. For example: for me it's very useful because I will just watch the 3rd season of the anime without playing the game
Mar 26, 2016 1:43 AM
Jun 2015
Xenocrisi said:
JewellTH said:

Why would you? It's summarizing what happened in the 2nd game for the ones who haven't played it. For example: for me it's very useful because I will just watch the 3rd season of the anime without playing the game

Well, it sums it up in a way that'll just leave anime onlies confused. It's like spoiling plot points in order but not actually giving the story away in general. If I was an anime only, and I understood Japanese, I'd just stand in front of my computer like "..What?"
Mar 26, 2016 1:46 AM

Nov 2011
Still wish they would adapt the second game. But oh well, I'll give this a chance. Kinda odd it's divided into two parts though.
Mar 26, 2016 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
mhmm hopefully this will be good
Mar 26, 2016 4:58 AM

Oct 2015
I AM SO EXCITEEEEED!! :D
Mar 26, 2016 7:10 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
that's kinda a weird way to divide it up. I wouldn't have thought there be a need to separate the characters from the two games.
Mar 26, 2016 8:56 AM
Nov 2015
Tevens said:
okay....not really understand it well, but we will get 2 series ? Mirai-hen and Zetsubou-hen. if they do that then they need to adapt Zetsubou-hen first then Mirai-hen am i right ? because Zetsubou-hen is from the second game and Mirai-hen is from the third game. it will be fucking weird if they start Mirai-hen first.

well, if there is no connection in the story between the second game and the thrid game i guess it makes sense....tbh i don't play the game. but if there are some connection in the story, i hope they adapt Zetsubou-hen first.

Edit : i should watch the pv before posting -_-"
the PV is so confusing, so what is that 2 part stuff ?

Zetsubou-hen

^
is that from the second game or a new one ?
Zetsubou-hen is just the story on how the characters from the second game fell into despair. Mirai-hen is just the danganronpa 3 main story and its coming out first in July while zetsubou-hen is just coming out later with no confirmed release date.
Mar 26, 2016 9:53 AM

Jul 2014
More Danganronpa is always welcome, even if I've not got the faintest idea what they're actually doing with this. Split-cour perhaps?
Mar 26, 2016 9:57 AM

Aug 2008
Hellz yeah baby. Yet another sesion of Danganronpa ^^ Lerche is LOVE!!! :D

My Anime Lists: AniDB & MAL
Mar 26, 2016 11:03 AM

Jul 2012
More to the summer list. Not so much of a fan of the series, just think it's pretty nice.
And the rule to follow the next season for the series still existed for me and kinda interested how it will end.
Mar 26, 2016 12:58 PM
Aug 2011
look at Gundam tho

and Komaeda looks like he came right out the 1970s, lol it's so good
Mar 26, 2016 2:16 PM

Jul 2014
YES
YES
YESSSS
ANIMATED KOMAEDAAAAA
ANIMATED HINATA-KUUUN
ANIMATED CHIAKIIII
I still really want a dr2 anime but idec anymore, as long as best trio is animated
(wait actually maybe Chiaki won't be animated???)
toblynarutoMar 26, 2016 2:28 PM
Mar 26, 2016 2:30 PM

Mar 2015
Hmm... okay I'm a bit confused here. So are we jumping from Danganronpa 1 to Danganronpa 3?

Since it does said "Taking place immediately after the events of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair", does this mean anime-watcher have to play the 2nd game before watching the anime?

Mar 26, 2016 4:03 PM

Oct 2014
So from what i can gather is that the 2 season will be Originals where the 1st one will be about basically the 1st survivors & Future fundation vs the world,
while the 2nd one is more like a prequel of the second game explaining the moment when, how and why the Characters from the second game.

and then to make things complete, there is a 3rd Danganronpa game in the making which is not involved with the Anime and previous games right?

or am I completely stupid?

DarklordVor said:
Hmm... okay I'm a bit confused here. So are we jumping from Danganronpa 1 to Danganronpa 3?

Since it does said "Taking place immediately after the events of Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair", does this mean anime-watcher have to play the 2nd game before watching the anime?

well better get the game or watch someone play it on Youtube because that is the case

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
shawnofthedeadzMar 26, 2016 4:22 PM
Mar 26, 2016 4:12 PM

Dec 2009
Meh, I'll probably check it out.

I wasn't a big fan of how the first anime was.
Mar 26, 2016 7:30 PM

Aug 2012
vikki7783 said:
YES
YES
YESSSS
ANIMATED KOMAEDAAAAA
ANIMATED HINATA-KUUUN
ANIMATED CHIAKIIII
I still really want a dr2 anime but idec anymore, as long as best trio is animated

If you're interested in seeing such in advance, I highly recommend you play or watch a playthrough of Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, the midquel side-story game. ;)
Mar 26, 2016 9:45 PM
Jul 2018
Well, I think it's kinda weird what they're doing here but of course I'm still watching.
Mar 27, 2016 12:45 AM

Jul 2014
PurpleLugia said:
vikki7783 said:
YES
YES
YESSSS
ANIMATED KOMAEDAAAAA
ANIMATED HINATA-KUUUN
ANIMATED CHIAKIIII

If you're interested in seeing such in advance, I highly recommend you play or watch a playthrough of Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls, the midquel side-story game. ;)

oh I already have :) delicious animated Komaeda was delicious but I need more.
Mar 27, 2016 1:57 AM

Mar 2014
I WILL GET TO SEE MY FAVORITE ANIME CHARACTER AND ONE OF MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME CAST OF ALL TIME ANIMATED

I DON'T EVEN GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHETHER SEIJI KISHIT WILL DO A GOOD JOB OR NOT ANYMORE

HOLY SHIT I AM FANGIRLING SO HARD AAAAAAH EDUHEIOFDSHDIPSFHNIPDSVHPHDFSPI
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 27, 2016 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
Looking forward to it. Hope it's good like the first series.
Mar 27, 2016 2:13 AM

Jul 2014
Xenocrisi said:
JewellTH said:

That's a stupid thing to do, considering the second part is dedicated to the cast of the second game.

You will need the play the second game to have an understanding of both parts. The first part happens due to the events of the 2nd game, and the second part is a prequel(?) to the second game.
"Hi!"
Mar 27, 2016 2:22 AM

Jul 2014
So Zetsubou-hen will focus on komaeda's team before and until the incident.....
Well, AS LONG AS THERE IS KOMAEDA I'M ALL FOR IT.

Yehart said:
Xenocrisi said:

That's a stupid thing to do, considering the second part is dedicated to the cast of the second game.

You will need the play the second game to have an understanding of both parts. The first part happens due to the events of the 2nd game, and the second part is a prequel(?) to the second game.
It takes place even before the first game. So probably prequel to everything.
GensanMar 27, 2016 2:25 AM
Mar 27, 2016 3:29 AM
Sep 2012
Confused as hell. Glad these games are out/releasing on PC so I can play them before this airs otherwise I'd be lost not having a second season. Should be good anyway.
Mar 27, 2016 5:09 AM

Jan 2013
Another round of incredibly stupid super duper highschool kids with horrendous character design.

Never played any of the games but i honestly don't feel the need to considering how bad the anime was.
Mar 27, 2016 9:52 AM

Aug 2014
Sigh, Looks like I'll to watch the walkthroughs of the second game on youtube or something.
I'm still looking forward to this though.
Mar 28, 2016 2:13 AM
Mar 2016
I don't get it. So in this anime it will summarize the second game am I right? I really wanted that because I can't play the second game. :( Someone please answer meeeee
Mar 28, 2016 10:56 PM

Dec 2009
@Black_Bandit21 The story writer for the games has stated that the DR3 anime is like a thank you present to the fans of the games. My guess is that the anime will assume you've played DR1 and SDR2, so there will probably be no summary and lots of references you won't understand. Even if there was any sort of summary, the main focus of the second season would be on the cast's origin stories, so it'd be short and much less impressive than if you experienced it fully from the game.

If you can't get the games on steam, there's complete playthroughs on youtube of the english and japanese dub. It's a bit of a time investment but knowing the story of the second game will definitely be crucial in understanding the upcoming anime. Increase the speed of the videos in the options if you have to, though it'd take a bit away from experiencing the voice acting.
Apr 3, 2016 11:37 AM

Aug 2014
I should start playing 1 and 2 before this airs...
Apr 7, 2016 2:45 PM

Jan 2016
I'm super excited for this! More Danganronpa is never a bad thing! :D
Apr 24, 2016 5:31 AM

Mar 2016
Looks like I have to do some catching up and play the second game now, I'm super hyped for this! ^^

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

24 by Avery20 »»
4 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
6 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.