Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 2, 2015 5:01 AM

Mar 2015
I'm really enjoying Chvalry. Ikki & Stella just might be the most mature and well-adjusted teenage couple in anime. I really liked that scene, and how it ended.
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 2, 2015 1:20 PM

Jun 2013
Probably one of my favorite episodes so far!
Damn Stella, why must you be so damn sexy and cute! :D
Dec 2, 2015 8:59 PM

Jun 2008
I would've railed Stella and not thought of it twice...
Dec 4, 2015 2:55 AM

May 2010
Damn, dat Stella x Ikki scene in the hut!

And yes, dat president is strong!
Dec 4, 2015 6:01 AM

Sep 2013
damn, what a tease .

Paul said:
This entire episode would have been better if it was just about Ikki and Stella and undressing her.
Dec 4, 2015 8:50 AM

Jan 2011
Inb4 all the doujins based on this scene.

Definitely different from the usual mountain lodge scenario mainly with how both of them took it. Props to Ikki and his manliness.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Dec 4, 2015 12:52 PM
Apr 2013
Mentar said:
RealityRush said:
No, Rakudai clearly just did it as well. Ikki was shown to be embarrassed of sex in a relationship because of "pride" or something. It's silly. I've been told the actual reason is that due her being a Princess and him being effectively nothing to people that he is worried about how such a relationship would publicly reflect on her, but they really don't explain that in the anime and it instead comes off as some weird Japanese obsession with Puritan values.

Actually, the reason the gave was not silly, in my opinion. Essentially, Ikki is planning to ask Stella's parents - who see their daughter as a treasure, in addition to being royalty - for their blessing and acceptance of their relationship. And he feels that by sleeping with her now, he wouldn't be able to ask for that standing proud and tall. Instead, he'd feel like he had stolen something away that Stella's parents treasured.

I can understand that people may disagree with this kind of mindset, but in this context, it is certainly making sense IMHO.

Oh, and it might be just me - but I don't think that Stella's realization that she's got an ecchi streak is really filling her with shame at all, I think she accepted it. If anything, I found this refreshing - along with the entire scene. How many shows of this genre have the female MC seriously offering to sleep with the male MC in the 9th episode of an anime? ;)

I understand Ikki's reservations, since he wants to formally introduce himself to her parents first before they do it. I actually have a similar mindset, although it's more flexible.

And it's a pretty good thing too, considering they have someone spying on them.....

There is Sword Art Online's notorious 16.5 though....(Anime episode 10, if I remember right.)

Oh and lastly....

Dec 4, 2015 1:42 PM

Mar 2013
They rush the story so much but it still manage to be good,
i really like the ending of Ayase story were her father awake and call
ikki offer him to marry her....... also many other parts they skip but its ok.
3/5 for this episode :)
Dec 4, 2015 10:25 PM
Apr 2013
Nisx said:
They rush the story so much but it still manage to be good,
i really like the ending of Ayase story were her father awake and call
ikki offer him to marry her....... also many other parts they skip but its ok.
3/5 for this episode :)

You're talking about episode 8, I presume.
Dec 5, 2015 3:48 PM

Jul 2014
So rushed..
Dec 6, 2015 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
Yo, man. Fuck this shit. They were about to fuck, but mah nigga shocked out. You disappoint me, son :|

Well, on the other hand, we got to see the badass kaichou. She look ultra powerful, I wonder if Ikki can be a match to her. She seem to have a great close defense.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 7, 2015 12:40 AM
Nov 2010
Well that was hot. I kinda felt that he wimped out also but after reading all the LN context it does seem to make more sense, especially seeing his personality, his integrity and even how he dealt with his own family.

Props to you....but damn.....missed opportunity bro. =P

The President seems badass and loved the backstory and getting to see Ikki's dad. Wonder how the fight will turn out =o.
Dec 7, 2015 3:18 AM

Jun 2015
Shizuku's next opponent looks pretty powerful. Hopefully she's prepared for this.

Dec 8, 2015 10:07 PM

Nov 2012
This episode made Ikki weak and Touka strong as f!
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Dec 8, 2015 11:57 PM
Feb 2015
UsaraDark said:
This episode made Ikki weak and Touka strong as f!

It's a matter of compatibility too. Ikki's Ittou Shura is a 1 minute technique where Ikki spends all his energy, stamina etc. Since the enemy here can just regenerate when Ikki destroys them, it's obvious he won't be able to beat them in 1 minute.
Dec 10, 2015 9:46 PM

Apr 2014
Ayy I thought they would go past the barrier!
I already expected something like this would happen but I hoped otherwise.
Feels slightly rushed towards the end and we're almost near the last episodes.
I need more.

Dec 11, 2015 8:31 AM
Dec 2011
LOL, I just heard an interesting info from the radio program. Apparently the breathing sound Ikki made when he was taking off Stella's stocking was decided by the director. Originally Ikki's VA made a normal panting sound but the director told him to make the "ssss..., haaa..." sound. Nice one Oonuma!
Dec 11, 2015 3:48 PM

Feb 2012
Stella best girl of the season
Dec 12, 2015 11:24 AM

Feb 2013
LOL that stripping scene!

Otherwise boring episode.
Dec 13, 2015 3:48 PM

Oct 2008
wow! cool! I didn't expect a very awesome epic episode!
that aside Stella is really lewd! and also that was a lot of steam! (a different kind of steam + the whole scene was very erotic!)
Shizuku not in good terms with her father.
And we have Toudou Touka (name coincidence with Kirin Toudou of asterisk and also being rank 1 coincidence much?) Just a glorious entrance/intro with her stylish raikiri power and pantsu fanservice!
5/5!

Dec 21, 2015 10:35 AM

May 2014
I suppose Ikiki is waiting to claim a good reputation so he can proudly say that he's the boyfriend of a princess. Also his self control is admirable.
Dec 22, 2015 8:58 PM

Nov 2009
Looks like Shizuku will be jobbing to Todo Toka next episode, awesome.
Dec 23, 2015 5:01 AM

Jun 2012
AGH, YOU BITCH!!
When she asked him, I was screaming, JUST DO IT, YES YOU CAN!!
Dec 23, 2015 7:45 AM

Jun 2015
Uiriamu_Busujima said:
AGH, YOU BITCH!!
When she asked him, I was screaming, JUST DO IT, YES YOU CAN!!

Man, you either need to read the LNs or pray to the anime gods for another season then, a split-cour one at that ;P
Dec 28, 2015 3:26 PM

Dec 2015
LOL that scene. An actual ecchi moment that's not random and makes sense. And a lot other than you'd see in other shows. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
He takes his relationship with Stella. Cool.
Dec 28, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2012
Pretty lewd and interesting episode at the same time! Looking forward to see what's next.
Dec 28, 2015 8:27 PM

Oct 2015
RafaelDeJongh said:
Pretty lewd and interesting episode at the same time! Looking forward to see what's next.

You'll definitely like the next episode :D
Jan 2, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2014
Rock solid episode

Jan 2, 2016 4:04 PM

Dec 2015
When Stella talked about kiss getting her pregnant, it brought a smile on my face. This show openly mock at this behavior in other animes as some male protagonist avoid kissing even for several seasons. Nice touch from creators.

About scene in a cabin. Undressing and fighting Ikki's desires felt very natural, no panicking weird chibi change or nosebleed to the roof that we can see elsewhere.
When offer "to do it" from Stella came, it was quite unexpected, but it was a good call from Ikki. This wasn't a right moment to fall into own desires. But his reasoning felt a little off for me. Main reason should be that she was sick at the moment, clouding her judgment, and physical tiredness from that act itself could worsen her condition. I get that, being a princess of some place you don't even know much about is just asking for a trouble, so his backing off reason was quite ok.
Jan 10, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2010
Pretty intense sex scene xD
Feb 13, 2016 7:17 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That Raikiri was OP. The rock ogre reminded me of Yugioh , that one scene with Yami Yugi.

I don't blame Ikki for not wanting to have sex with Stella. In my opinion he acted very maturely, but it seems a lot of people call Ikki a sissy for not doing it with her. A princess like Stella who has high class and value to be in the news for having sex with Ikki who is seen as trash by his parents and others, it would hurt Ikki's pride. He cares about Stella, so he doesn't want a scandal to end up hurting her position as royalty. He's just waiting for a proper time to come out and tell everyone he loves her.

Shizuku vs Toka, obvious outcome.

Feb 15, 2016 12:35 AM

Sep 2012
This was a bummer. Ikki rejected her offer. Just doing it would have made this series way more interesting.
Mar 4, 2016 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
the lack of Akatsuki makes it seem like there will be no 2nd season as the Akatsuki attack next arc. I hope thats not the case as I like that arc.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
May 30, 2016 11:46 PM

Apr 2013
That's anime for you, my boy didn't get some but we still got to see some shit.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Jun 7, 2016 1:48 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Great episode. Stella was so endearing there, and that fanservice was just on point!
Kudos also for that appearence at the end, what an entrance.
Jul 8, 2016 9:33 PM

Feb 2014
New learn with Rakudai:

1st: Opposites + Past story = quickly turns love + date S2

2nd: A girl asking for her boyfriend's kiss = To be perverted >x<

3rd (and the new learn): She want to do it for the 1st time but then you, as her boyfriend, give a lame excuse to no do it. And now she really thinks she's a perverted =O

Oh, and it's not as if I'm not liking Rakudai hehe =)

LovelyHikari said:

I don't blame Ikki for not wanting to have sex with Stella. In my opinion he acted very maturely, but it seems a lot of people call Ikki a sissy for not doing it with her. A princess like Stella who has high class and value to be in the news for having sex with Ikki who is seen as trash by his parents and others, it would hurt Ikki's pride. He cares about Stella, so he doesn't want a scandal to end up hurting her position as royalty. He's just waiting for a proper time to come out and tell everyone he loves her.

If it's love who cares about loyalty, pride and etc..? Things like this (I mean, sex, physcal contact) just strengthen a relationship. Soul and body are bind.
And it's not as if the others have to know they did it.
That was just a *meh* excuse that the author/producers made to not increase the anime to an another level, even not showing it in an explicit way.

Guitarplayer18 said:
This was a bummer. Ikki rejected her offer. Just doing it would have made this series way more interesting.

+1
Agree.
TechOtakuJul 8, 2016 10:21 PM
Sep 22, 2016 2:45 AM

Jul 2013
All the sickeningly slow and boring buildup and Ikki turns down Stella. Harambe didn't die for this. See this is why Japan has low birth rates and everyone is virgin. They promote shit like this.

Todo Toka looks like a nerd. Kinda unusual for a student council president.
Sep 25, 2016 6:08 AM

Apr 2013
Stella: You want to do it?
Me: Don't say no, don't say no, don't say no, don't say no, don't say no, don't say no, don't say no...
Ikki: I'm sorry...

Jan 14, 2017 2:25 AM

Dec 2012
Crouching Tiger vs. Obviously not Hidden Dragon.

Stella gets a fever and her body turns red with the quickness.

Ikki could have saved his time with Dress Break.

Who wouldn't get a boner after seeing that body.

I knew Ikki would say no to Stella, but we had different reasons. I thought he would say because she had a fever, but nope. He was thinking about years of cock blocking himself. smh

I knew Stella was naughty from the beginning. When she was saying all that shit to Ikki, she was speaking about herself.

Another potential waifu has appeared. Touka.

I can hear the Arc-V ost strongly this episode.
RobJan 14, 2017 2:58 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 15, 2017 6:24 PM

Jul 2013
Nice episode with soo much fanservice. Sneaky school director send Ikki and Stella to an "holyiday" trip hahaha.

The student council has pretty interesting people. Renren has so much energy, especially if you see the badminton game with Stella lol.

So Stella got for the first time in her life a cold? That must be a really bad experience for her. But man these scenes in the mountain cabin were hot *.*
Ikki is such a lucky guy, but at the same time a real gentleman. I think most other guys had react in another way to that what Stella asked. To funny when he got a boner in front of Stella. Who could ever blame him for that :D

I don't know what to think of his father. He's seems a little bit weird. And who is this guy who wants to kill Stella and Ikki?

The student council president is absolut amazing. That attack at the end O.o
The fight between Shizuku and her will be crazy that's for sure.

Mar 22, 2017 11:09 PM

May 2013
Stella no ecchi HAHAHAHA XDDD

Ikki is such a gentleman as always ^.^ despite his manly desires, he's very knight-like ;)
Apr 8, 2017 6:52 PM

May 2015
Epic battle between Stella & Renren... XD
May 29, 2017 3:21 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Stella wants to bone, Ikki wants to act like some uber Christian boy and wait.....DROPPED! It would've been better if the topic of SEX never even popped up if they were going to copout. Even Saikano, a non-ecchi anime, had a sex scene on TV. THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!!!
Aug 3, 2017 6:19 AM

Jun 2017
I really thought this was just a filler episode but ... damn! Really good fanservice aswell.
Stella was quite forward with Ikki and lol at her pointing out at Ikki's erection.

Awesome entrance scene from Touka

Mar 22, 2018 2:35 PM

Apr 2015
Ikki is such a pussy. He could've destroyed that princess ass.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 2, 2018 9:25 AM

Mar 2018
Top_Sergeant said:
I'm really enjoying Chvalry. Ikki & Stella just might be the most mature and well-adjusted teenage couple in anime.

Good point.

pavook said:
When Stella talked about kiss getting her pregnant, it brought a smile on my face. This show openly mock at this behavior in other animes as some male protagonist avoid kissing even for several seasons. Nice touch from creators.

About scene in a cabin. Undressing and fighting Ikki's desires felt very natural, no panicking weird chibi change or nosebleed to the roof that we can see elsewhere.
When offer "to do it" from Stella came, it was quite unexpected, but it was a good call from Ikki. This wasn't a right moment to fall into own desires. But his reasoning felt a little off for me. Main reason should be that she was sick at the moment, clouding her judgment, and physical tiredness from that act itself could worsen her condition. I get that, being a princess of some place you don't even know much about is just asking for a trouble, so his backing off reason was quite ok.

Also, if Stella thinks she can get pregnant from a kiss, she might actually want to brush up on her sex-ed before they start having sex. :D

SweetKiichigo said:

Very good point.

Whatever his reasoning, it is clear that Ikki is not comfortable with having sex with Stella at this time. What is with all the misandric shaming? A girl is allowed to refuse sex, but if a man refuses sex he must be mocked? That's not nice. :S
May 15, 2018 2:28 PM

Mar 2016
This is so NOT CLICHE at all!!! It kinda amazes me to see Ikki breaking the norms of bleeding through the nose twice (one in episode 1) and now again here! Instead, he got the good ol' boner XD

Man, Stella really need that dick Ikki! She's literally prepared for it, and doing so might ease her pain. But then again, it is much more formal to make their relationship officially public first. Besides, if they have sex right there, then they might not notice the stone-monster. BUT STILL!!!
(Atleast Ikki and the audiences got to see some good scenes though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

Speaking of stone-monster, the Student Council President's introduction was FLASHY
ShadowkillZMay 15, 2018 2:32 PM
May 16, 2018 4:17 AM

Mar 2018
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:
This is so NOT CLICHE at all!!! It kinda amazes me to see Ikki breaking the norms of bleeding through the nose twice (one in episode 1) and now again here! Instead, he got the good ol' boner XD
Haha. Good point.

IMO this episode shows that Ikki, while not the ultimate protagonist, is leaps and bounds ahead of many romantic comedy MCs. Many male anime leads are so weak that any sexual situation renders them utterly flustered and helpless. Ikki in those situations, though clearly embarrassed and uncomfortable, retains control of himself and takes action - not by retreating and blabbering excuses but by taking responsibility and doing his best to help the girl. Sometimes he fails (see episode 1), but at least he puts in better effort than most male leads would have done.

Many viewers disagree with Ikki's decision to not have sex with Stella in this episode. I applaud him for having principles and standing by them rather then getting swept up in the moment and blindly giving in to urges. (I am watching School Days right now, and with his virtue and willpower Ikki is pretty much the polar opposite of the protagonist of that show, Itou Makoto.)

ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:
Speaking of stone-monster, the Student Council President's introduction was FLASHY
The anime changes the order of events. In the LNs the events of episode 10 take place before episode 9. In this case I think the anime is an improvement. The introduction of Toudou is cooler here. 8)
May 16, 2018 4:24 AM

Mar 2016
SpectrumDT said:
ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:
Haha. Good point.

IMO this episode shows that Ikki, while not the ultimate protagonist, is leaps and bounds ahead of many romantic comedy MCs. Many male anime leads are so weak that any sexual situation renders them utterly flustered and helpless. Ikki in those situations, though clearly embarrassed and uncomfortable, retains control of himself and takes action - not by retreating and blabbering excuses but by taking responsibility and doing his best to help the girl. Sometimes he fails (see episode 1), but at least he puts in better effort than most male leads would have done.

Yes, seeing Ikki's reaction to these kinds of moments really made him and Stella, of course, stood up from all those ULTRA CLICHE ANIME SCENES

SpectrumDT said:

Many viewers disagree with Ikki's decision to not have sex with Stella in this episode. I applaud him for having principles and standing by them rather then getting swept up in the moment and blindly giving in to urges. (I am watching School Days right now, and with his virtue and willpower Ikki is pretty much the polar opposite of the protagonist of that show, Itou Makoto.)

ShadowZ_AnimeZ said:
The anime changes the order of events. In the LNs the events of episode 10 take place before episode 9. In this case I think the anime is an improvement. The introduction of Toudou is cooler here. 8)

I did a little research and confirmed what you said but also...
From LN Vol. 9
ShadowkillZMay 16, 2018 4:31 AM
May 16, 2018 11:48 AM

Dec 2014
Ikki. Even his abstinence is amazing. How does this guy lack any kind of acknowledgement.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

481 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

339 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

209 by bakakisima »»
Mar 25, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

190 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

194 by bakakisima »»
Mar 24, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.