Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2008 7:49 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Rash words, spoken out from hurt feelings, then a deception? These things happen even on the lovely planet Aria? The story line surprised me, but I still loved it.
Mar 8, 2008 7:57 PM

Jan 2008
Not my favorite I'll say that. It's not that it was particularly bad, but it just didn't seem all that serene as I come to expect from Aria. Some of the earlier moments were very intense and then Athena's deception was pretty twisted (and alot more of a childish reaction than Alice's). I have to admit that I was loling throughout at all the different faces everyone was making and Alice being excited was cute.
Mar 8, 2008 10:06 PM

Feb 2008
i saw it coming from when alicia asked athena who she was. still i think alice's reaction was down right mild, if this wasn't aria then there would have been a serious multi episode fight between those two because of this. possibly even a permanent schism. :(

thankfully this is aria :)
Mar 9, 2008 7:42 AM

Dec 2007
It didn't surprise me that much... Athena is pretty childish, after all. Does anyone remember, "I want to be like a hidden character in a video game" ?
Mar 9, 2008 3:33 PM

Dec 2007
I liked this episode, though it didn't seem that spectacular (well, Maa's eating habits were, but that's another story).

And yeah, that scheme doesn't seem that off the mark for Athena, based on what we've seen of her personality. Furthermore, it should have been obvious that she can be alert and together - otherwise she couldn't be an undine to begin with. Heck, that alertness is probably what tipped Alicia off.
Mar 15, 2008 12:46 AM

Feb 2008
lolikitsune said:
Does anyone remember, "I want to be like a hidden character in a video game" ?

i don't, which episode was that? or is it something from the manga?
Mar 15, 2008 6:35 AM

Dec 2007
jacobpaige said:
lolikitsune said:
Does anyone remember, "I want to be like a hidden character in a video game" ?

i don't, which episode was that? or is it something from the manga?

Episode 13 of The Natural.

Mar 15, 2008 10:00 AM

Jan 2008
lolikitsune said:

Love this episode too, by the way...
StarCreatorMar 15, 2008 10:07 AM
Mar 15, 2008 12:23 PM

Dec 2007
StarCreator said:
lolikitsune said:

Love this episode too, by the way...

Well yeah, it's an illustration of a point. It of course can't be literal (she's a human being and Alice's life isn't a video game).
Mar 15, 2008 2:36 PM

Jan 2008
lolikitsune said:
Well yeah, it's an illustration of a point. It of course can't be literal (she's a human being and Alice's life isn't a video game).

Yes, but the entire reason the line was even mentioned was the perception that the line -is- taken literally. Her saying "I'm kinda like this" isn't really saying "I want to be this", and I think such a statement would be a tad out of character even for Athena, especially in the context of that episode. That's all I'm trying to say.

Mar 15, 2008 4:15 PM

Dec 2007
StarCreator said:
lolikitsune said:

Yes, but the entire reason the line was even mentioned was the perception that the line -is- taken literally. Her saying "I'm kinda like this" isn't really saying "I want to be this", and I think such a statement would be a tad out of character even for Athena, especially in the context of that episode. That's all I'm trying to say.

I think you just took what I was saying on too much of a literal level :\
Mar 16, 2008 3:58 AM

Feb 2008
loved that episode too, just didn't remember that line.

think star is right that it's not really an appropriate example for the statement you were trying to make tho since she was just saying that she wanted to support alice as much as possible, not that she'd actually like to be a video game character.
Mar 16, 2008 6:52 AM

Dec 2007
My point in referring to the episode was that she thought of those terms to describe her feelings. There are a lot of other ways to express a desire like that, none of them including the word "game."
Mar 17, 2008 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
considering the circumstances, i think a game reference was appropriate.
Mar 18, 2008 3:51 AM

Jan 2007
loved the episode, but i gotta say, Athena not being clumsy is kinda creepy in a sense xD
Mar 18, 2008 1:17 PM

Apr 2007
lol, I loved the fact that she can be alot more 'together' when she really tries.
May 28, 2008 7:45 PM

Jul 2007
Jun 30, 2008 5:47 PM

Jan 2008
Loved this episode <3
Nov 9, 2008 3:25 PM

Nov 2007
A great episode.
I really love Alice-chan and after this episode I love her even more.
Nov 16, 2008 7:08 PM

Jan 2008
Episode was great~
Made me love Athena's childish character more :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Apr 23, 2009 1:20 AM

Aug 2008
Awesome episode as always, I'm happy we got to see more of the orange planet undines bonding, this shows us once again just how much alice cares for athena

Jun 24, 2009 3:52 PM

Apr 2008
Athena so child like xD hahas~

Aug 13, 2009 3:13 AM

Dec 2008
Athena made Alice cry.
That was so mean of her to pretend that she had amnesia.

this season of Aria is very good so far ; )
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2009 5:09 AM

Apr 2009
haha.. i love this ep.. i was empathizing with alice's character feeling the only one left that is not remembered by her senpai and it almost made me cry.. haha.. i knew from the start that athena is faking it but that 's still pretty sad for alice..
Jan 24, 2010 1:06 AM

Jan 2009
Strange ep...the scene where Athena falls was really weird and the music felt kinda off.

Mar 17, 2010 6:30 PM

Oct 2008
Didn't suprise me that she was faking it since Alicia knew right from the start. xD
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Mar 20, 2010 6:49 PM

Aug 2009
This episode deserves the "OH SON OF A GUN WHAT A FUCKING LOVELY EPISODE.". Well for me atleast. This is it guys, this episode just made me realize that out of everyone, my favorite Aria girl is Alice. Everyone is great but I just love Alice. :(

Few things that I loved in this episode were:
1. Alice. I can't describe in words how much I loved you in this episode. She was so damn cute when she made that letter to Athena and prepared the food for the picnic. She even looked so excited for tomorrow's event but then Athena ditched her! Lol kidding, but for real she needed a hug that time. Poor Alice. T_T
2. Athena <3. Oh you, I knew it was an act when she called out Aria's name and then an exclamation point showed up on the top of her head when everyone asked her how she remembered Aria's name, lol.

Another lovely episode. Alice was so damn lovely in this one. The scene where she was crying was just a treasure to see. I was like "Oh you Athena, you made Alice cry." lol. I also saw Alicia blush when Akari asked her if she felt worried about Akari, lol. <3
May 13, 2010 12:53 PM

Jan 2010
yay another athena~alice based episode :)
i love athena and her crazy ideas xP

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jun 5, 2010 8:53 AM

Jun 2009
Athena surprises me over and over again... But one thing is consistent, he care a lot of Alice... though her method can be pretty questionable.

Alicia see through her like oxygen... and pressuring her into saying her name.

pretty good episode I guess ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2011 2:36 PM

Nov 2007
OMG. Such a lovely episode. When Alicia nodded her head side wise and Athena called her by her name, I was sure she was faking it. This episode shows the bonding Alice has with Athena. She was so excited over the picnic, it was sad that they couldn't go. Alice has every right to hate Athena though. After all, she made her cry like that. Must have been really embarrassing for her. But they say, the person you hate the most, could well as be the person you cherish the most. I hope she has a nice time with her beloved senpai in the next episode.

Origination is Marvelous.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 15, 2011 2:49 AM

Feb 2011
LOL athena got me there too
Seeing alice crying made me teary but after hearing what just alicia said I was like waah! *chuckles*
this side of athena made me laugh.
Jun 6, 2011 6:22 AM

May 2010
That wasn't very nice...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 9, 2012 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
We can see that the Great fairy are humans after all. Great episode.
Oct 29, 2012 7:31 PM

Apr 2012
Great episode because of Alice, but weird ending: I was buying the fluff plot until the very last moment. Athena is my favorite character, not sure how I feel about this aspect of her personality...
EratiKOct 29, 2012 8:13 PM
Nov 3, 2012 6:14 PM

Aug 2011
At least Athena got her confirmation that Alice-chan cares for her...kinda. xD
Jan 6, 2013 6:37 AM

May 2012
Well that's one way to know the true colors of someone a bit harsh method but well it was a nice concept anyway lets see what's next!
Sep 29, 2013 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
It was nice to see Athena get some screen time this episode, I haven't seen enough of her in Aria :(. Fun episode, it's nice to take a break from the feel good episodes now and then for some lighthearted mischief. Alice and Athena were able to get closer as a result.
Dec 10, 2013 3:46 PM

Mar 2009
Athena acted kind of childish here. I get that it's her personality, but...

I just felt bad for Alice.
Mar 12, 2015 8:34 AM

May 2010
Athena losing her memory, lol now that was unexpected. I had this peaceful and fun picnic in mind but we got to see something much more interesting. Judging from Alicia's behaviour (maan that calmn attitude <3) , I think it happens frequently.

Okay, my theory was a bit wrong (but not totally) Tho I did consider Athena lying (but dat clumniness corrected... well, means she CAN control her clumsiness)

Dat Alicia blush <3

As much as I liked this episode... Why no Aika. Give me Aika.
May 6, 2015 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
poor alice-chan ;_; so mean!!!!
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Nov 12, 2015 1:18 AM
Nov 2014
Athena wow, so brutal and savage. I feel really bad for Alice, but I'm glad to see them made up by the end of this episode.
Dec 9, 2015 7:41 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I liked this episode. Lately it's been a character development type of episodes. We saw Aika and Akira, then Akari and Alicia and finally Alice and Athena. It was nice to see Athena play the amnesia part, we get to see how Alice truly feels. Then at the end Athena says something about being so coordinate takes a lot out of her or something around those lines.

Alicia spot on knowing Athena didn't really have amnesia lol. I did like her lines at the end. We see them as extraordinary people but in from Alicia's perspective she, Athena and Akira are just simple girls. Then she goes on to tease Akari. "Do you worry about me", '"That's a secret"
Gotta love Alicia's quirky nature and laid back self.

Jan 7, 2016 11:36 AM

Sep 2014
This episode has to be the worst Aria episode.
Jul 14, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2015
The thing that bugged me is that Athena is such a sweet girl and at times Alice would give her a hard time. That other Water Fairy, Akira, I didn't like her at all, Alice is lucky to have Athena as her mentor as instead of Akira.
Oct 1, 2016 10:12 AM

Aug 2015
I thought the amnesia was rather dumb, but when they revealed it was fake that made be a bit relieved. It was nice seeing a bit of a childish, but non-clumsy side to Athena.
Jan 8, 2017 8:06 AM

Feb 2013
Athena tricked me!
Another nice episode.
Jan 17, 2017 9:27 PM

May 2016

LovelyHikari said:
Alicia spot on knowing Athena didn't really have amnesia lol. I did like her lines at the end. We see them as extraordinary people but in from Alicia's perspective she, Athena and Akira are just simple girls. Then she goes on to tease Akari. "Do you worry about me", '"That's a secret"
Gotta love Alicia's quirky nature and laid back self.

She definitely didn't want to have to deal with this for multiple days so she put a time limit for the next day lol.

I really enjoy how Aria are showing us how magnificent the Three Great Water Fairies are and then grounding them to the viewer. Really shows that everybody struggles even them.
May 31, 2017 11:52 PM

Oct 2012
So the whole episode is a lie?

Awwww
"If you like someone they might give you equal amount of worries"
What a wise word, it's true! xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 30, 2017 6:05 PM

Apr 2016
Re-watching this again today and wow, it still managed to surprise me in many ways. I really like the extra scene when compared with the manga, Hal Film Maker really know how to utilize the source material to the fullest. It doesn't feel out-of-the-character and help prolong the short chapter to fit the duration.

The pacing is once again at top-notch level, it literally "erased" time and made me feel very comfortable while watching. In terms of art, it doesn't fade out in quality in the least with various clear and sublime shot, helping to create nostalgic moments. On top of that, the directing also deserves a medal, how they made the transition between a fun/cheering atmosphere to a troublesome one and finally at the climax, all were done with care and remarkable skill.

Alice has proven to herself that she the most developed characters of the show by this point, from an arrogant, selfish girl at her debut to a much caring and cheerful person. Although she still remains a bit short-tempered and childish, I find it pretty much relatable since she was very looking forwards to the picnic and planned it meticulously, only to be betrayed by reality. Still, the bond and relationship between her and Athena got paid off a lot after this incident, they finally understand each other and got a chance to let out their feelings.

The highlight of the episode is perhaps when Alice realized that she'd the only person whose name Athena didn't remember, and was in quite a shock. I love her facial expression during those time, like a lost girl who doesn't know what to do next and be in a despair, maybe. However, after the rain comes the sun, Alice being Alice again and quickly forgave Athena, in a pretty much Tsundere way lol, still I like it.

Overall, although this is just your ordinary Aria episode, it can still easily leave a deep impact on you, with all the Slice of Life element, blissful ambient and delicate artwork, the show never forgets to leave you with an open lesson regarding life. 4.5/5
Oct 25, 2017 1:11 AM

Nov 2016
Fantastic as always.

I felt so sorry for Kouhai-chan, she was looking forward to spend the day with Athena and shit happens. Due to her reaction one could easily see how much she cares for her senpai.

Loved this episode also,because it showed a different more human side of Athena.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Mar 31, 2008

318 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Mar 6, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 7, 2008

98 by Nius1 »»
Nov 9, 2023 1:50 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 3 Discussion

StarCreator - Jan 30, 2008

38 by Jungle_Warrior »»
Sep 9, 2023 1:38 AM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Mar 24, 2008

90 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Aria the Origination Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - May 5, 2008

51 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Aug 30, 2023 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.