Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Dec 19, 2013 2:45 AM
Dec 2013
What I'm not understanding is: does Akkey love Mirai? Oh gosh
Dec 19, 2013 2:49 AM

Aug 2012
^doesn't matter. Glasses.

JScarlet said:
Oookay, I think i'm dumb but someone can explain to me about:
1. Why Mirai got revived in the end? Wtf, how?While in the anime it took maybe a few months, in our real world it took less than five minutes with no indications or clue whatsoever (beyond the ring disappearance) and lo and behold she revived on the school rooftop, I mean HOW?
2. Who Aki's father and what the circumstances of his birth that make Aki harbor KnK?
3. Who the old dude in Nase family secret hideout (is he really grandfather biologically or it's just a title), and what his purpose?
4. Who is Fujima boss (I think he's just underling, am I wrong?) and what happened in the past that make him hate Izumi?
5. Where Izumi gone?
Overall I think 6/10 especially because the second half of the ending is so rushed and lame :s

1.) Because happy endings are a must.
2.) Who cares? Glasses.
3.) Another glasses freak.
4.) Izumi broke their childhood promise: they'll marry once they grow up.
5.) At some Okinawan beach.

By the way, these question aren't dumb; not everyone thinks when watching an anime.
julyanDec 19, 2013 3:04 AM
Dec 19, 2013 3:10 AM

Oct 2011
LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMME LAAAAME LAAAAAAAAAAME LAME FYULAMEKAI DESU

All these are so forced. Man I was so happy when Kuriyama "died" then they assed it up and she lives? Like wtf. I was gonna give this an 8 now fuck dis shit this is 6. I'm so mad right now.
iasuruDec 19, 2013 3:19 AM
Dec 19, 2013 3:27 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
and so the One Ring fell into the abyss as Gollum desperately threw himself down along with it

don't logically understand how the fuck she's still alive but whatever...
HaXXspettenDec 19, 2013 3:33 AM
Dec 19, 2013 3:30 AM
Feb 2012
The ending was a bit cliched and predictable, but it was sweet nonetheless. One would wish for those two to be together when watching the show.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 19, 2013 4:30 AM

Jun 2011
Lots of things left unexplained.

Akihito's mom, Yayoi, what is her involvement in this? Izumi's past about her and Miroku and how did they get youmu in them. Her disappearance in the end. And Mirai's sudden revival. What was that?

So the whole plot of this anime is Izumi trying to kill KnK in Akihito but failed and Akihito took KnK back into himself again and we're back to square one....

Cant say much about this show. Everything is perfect, the art, animation, songs but just not the story.
Dec 19, 2013 4:33 AM

Oct 2013
julyan04 said:

1.) Because happy endings are a must.
2.) Who cares? Glasses.
3.) Another glasses freak.
4.) Izumi broke their childhood promise: they'll marry once they grow up.
5.) At some Okinawan beach.

Aaaaaah. That makes sense. Maybe they should have put more empasis on the glasses thing.

Best thing of all is: KnK is back in Akkey. So basically nobody has achieved anything. During thet time when Akkey and his Youmu are split, we have an evil glasses guy doing something because (...?) - he's gone now. And a dead Mirai...? Ok, revert everything, nothing ever happened. Happy end!

Well, the show wasn't that bad. Animation, Enjoyment etc. was good. The story just feels aimless and incomplete.
Dec 19, 2013 4:34 AM

May 2010
Generic beginning all the way to mid until the scene with Kuriyama vanishing appeared, touching dialogues. Then it ended up on a generic note again, such a waste of so much potential.. In the end, wasn't he more in love with glasses than Mirai herself? I mean, it would have went so much better if slowly, he started realizing that it's not just her glasses which make her attractive but her 'everything'...

Anyways, I am disappointed with the ending but overall, the series was great (last two episodes didn't work out for me) 9/10
Dec 19, 2013 4:45 AM

Sep 2012
It was very generic and with gaps in logic until episode 6, but then the new story started and filled many those holes left before and added some interesting twists, but left some questions unanswered and this happy ending came out of nowhere.
Decent show overall, 6/10.
Dec 19, 2013 4:58 AM

Mar 2012
Didn't Izumi call Mirai to kill Akihito and his Hollow Shadow in the first place ? How come everyone is happy at the end even though they just went back to the initial context ?

Did I skip something ?
Dec 19, 2013 5:16 AM

Oct 2007
It did feel slightly rushed but I still enoyed it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2013 5:55 AM

Nov 2013
A decent show. Not bad and not great, but overall I enjoyed it
Dec 19, 2013 6:04 AM

Sep 2013
Iro-sama said:
I don't wanna seem mean but the thing I thought the most during this episode was just
can we get another season of haruhi on this level of animation??? please?????????? because holy toast

No season 3 yet, but we get this instead https://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-12-17/the-disappearance-of-nagato-yuki-chan-anime-listed so maybe in a year or 2, fingers crossed.
Dec 19, 2013 6:28 AM

Oct 2013
Damn, noting is explained in this episode...
Dec 19, 2013 6:37 AM

Aug 2013
7/10 for rating the anime , minus one because how did she live again lol
and mirai was cute without glasses <3
Great anime ^_^ but 4/5 expected more from the final episode

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 19, 2013 6:52 AM
Nov 2013
Beautiful just beautiful..Great ending to a great anime...although it felt a bit rush it made almost cried when I thought Mirai was going to vanish forever..a satisfying ending despite that the anime left some questions unanswered such as how did Kanbara get Beyond the boundary in the first place. Since the light novel are still ongoing (status says ongoing), I have hopes for a season 2 that might explain everything (although it might be awhile). I also wanted to see Kanbara fight more with his youmu powers and his see his mom a bit more..
Dec 19, 2013 6:54 AM

Apr 2013
I hope an adequate explanation, because I'm confused.
Cute and beautiful anime.
Dec 19, 2013 7:05 AM

Apr 2010
That she would return at the last moment of this episode was rather obvious it's that type of anime after all.

Personally i have to say this wasn't what i expected or at least what we usually see from Kyoani and i don't think it was a good anime especially not for Kyoani.
The main characters especially Mirai where bad the side characters where better and could have used some more screen time the story was mediocre.
And that willer of episode 6 was just bad and pointless as was the obsession with glasses.
The last few episodes where decant tho somethings remain unexplained.
Dec 19, 2013 7:12 AM

Jul 2008
DeathyZA said:
Whoever cried when Mirai disappeared is a dum ass.

You shouldve known already KyoAni pulls a bullshit "happy" ending out of there ass for every possible anime they create. Ending was so bullshit since Mirai appeared like nothing, no explanation.

Shitty moe anime to its max.

As I said battle scenes and the OST were good, nothing else.

Says the guy that have Angel beats, Clannad and Shana as favorite. If you're going to like shit you might as well not discriminated the shit others like.

Clannad spoiler:

And you're seriously talking about 'bullshit happy ending', come on Clannad's was even more shitty and you're probably licking it like it was the rightest of stuff.
Obviously you cannot compare Kyoukai no Kanata's to Clannad's. One is the product of a completed work (and was still bullshit) while the other is only the ending point of the first volume, with others to come.

Shitty moe anime to the max, I agree. Kyoukai no kanata wasn't what I'd call a good anime but seeing people hating on it when their favorites have the exact damn same flaw they're condemning is the peak of irony.
Dec 19, 2013 7:15 AM

Jan 2013
Shangetsu said:
Says the guy that have Angel beats, Clannad and Shana as favorite. If you're going to like shit you might as well not discriminated the shit others like.

What a totally different viewpoint LOL. I thought 'Even he who has Angel Beats! as his favorite hates KnK'.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 19, 2013 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
Disappointed, period!

Has one of the very best anime ending I have ever heard though.
Dec 19, 2013 7:25 AM

Jul 2013
I dunno 5/10 I guess? It wasn't unbearable thanks to production values and seiyuu performances, but I really gave no fucks about the story/characters. I did like the way Episode 10 played out though, that was neat I suppose. It's very flawed, but there's enough saving it from me calling it bad or worse.
Dec 19, 2013 7:54 AM

Jul 2008
DawnJ said:
Shangetsu said:

What a totally different viewpoint LOL. I thought 'Even he who has Angel Beats! as his favorite hates KnK'.

No sir we have a similar viewpoint but we have a different position on the matter. We both find that AB isn't inferior or superior to KnK except I think both of them are bad while you seems to think that both of them are good.

Still the point hits home, hating one so much when you like the other is ironic.
Dec 19, 2013 8:03 AM

Nov 2012
Ah, it's over. Uhhh... cool.. i guess...
4/10 from me
Dec 19, 2013 8:04 AM

Jan 2013
Shangetsu said:
No sir we have a similar viewpoint but we have a different position on the matter. We both find that AB isn't inferior or superior to KnK except I think both of them are bad while you seems to think that both of them are good.

Still the point hits home, hating one so much when you like the other is ironic.

I don't like both anime. To rephrase, I thought he couldn't stomach KnK even though... you know. Anyway, people aren't always logical on matters of preference. Sometime I love a series widely known as bad, for any or no reason.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 19, 2013 8:39 AM

Mar 2011
So I was confused at how she came back, then realized I was watching an anime.

Nice little series, was sweet, not my fave anime of the season but a good one.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Dec 19, 2013 8:44 AM

Dec 2011
Okay... Mirai remained adorable in the end.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 19, 2013 9:03 AM
Nov 2013
Lol I find it funny on how this is turning into a flame post..don't like it-get out simple...@ TehWhiteTiger I "think" it was because some of her "existence" or "memories" if u like that term was still in the ring that proved she existed..cuz the bonsai in the club room was gone as if she didn't exist at all in the first place..so i guess the ring disappear to magcially bring Mirai back aahha..aha ..I find it ironic that it was the same place they first met at the beginning of the series
TsUnDeReGuyKaPpaDec 19, 2013 9:14 AM
Dec 19, 2013 9:08 AM
Sep 2009
.....after watching the show quite painfully (those first 6-7 episodes were so filler), I think the story could have been told on maybe 6 episodes.....as a matter of fact from my point of view the only good thing of the show is its music, and this ridiculous last episode even makes the anime even more lame.....sad, indeed.....with a better execution and cutting of those creepy and boring attempts at humor it could have been a decent show.....
.....I am just a fan of unique comics, manga & books.....and fighting games and rpgs.....check out my blog for my reviews and stuff-
http://ihate00critics.blogspot.com/
Dec 19, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2010
Lusbox said:
Iro-sama said:
I don't wanna seem mean but the thing I thought the most during this episode was just
can we get another season of haruhi on this level of animation??? please?????????? because holy toast

No season 3 yet, but we get this instead https://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-12-17/the-disappearance-of-nagato-yuki-chan-anime-listed so maybe in a year or 2, fingers crossed.

Probably the only reason for me to watch or read about anything Haruhi related. Loved Yuki!
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Dec 19, 2013 9:22 AM

Oct 2013
Shangetsu said:
The way Kyoukai no Kanata responded to Kanbara's feeling near the end pretty much hint at it being the 'dark side' of Kanbara.

The reason it went berserk was because Kanbara rejected his dark feeling and thus rejected the part of himself that contained Kyoukai no Kanata. He wanted to live as a human so he rejected his youmu half in an attempt to live a normal life.
When he accepted himself as a whole, he accepted Kyoukai no Kanata at the same time.

While it might seems that it's back to square one it's actually quite different. Since Kyoukai no Kanata and Kanbara made peace there's basically no reason for it to go berserk on it's own anymore. Kanbara is even very likely to be able to use it's power if the series actually continued.

thanks for the explanation.
Dec 19, 2013 9:27 AM
Nov 2013
Hahah just as similar as Naruto and his nine tails..Sorry ahah just had to say it
Dec 19, 2013 9:47 AM

Sep 2010
What an underwhelming and rushed ending.... And they had to add a miracle at the end too....

Final Episode - 3.5/5
Series - 7/10
Dec 19, 2013 9:54 AM

Jan 2008
I literally shouted 'Fuck my life' once I saw Mirai coming back. That put a sour ending on the series.

Also, why are people annoyed about those two not kissing? Do you even know that public display of affection such as 'kissing' is frowned upon or embarrassing even among the Japanese youth?

Hell, they even think of 'kissing' as a form of oral sex. That's why we don't get many anime showing that. It is an embarrassing subject for them.

Note: I am not an expert on Japanese Culture. I just read Culture Shock too much.
Dec 19, 2013 9:55 AM

Apr 2013
Her return was only for the sake of an happy ending. I hate those kind of endings. I cried though.
Overall, I hated the fanserv and I had a hard time understanding the story. Though I liked the four main characters. This anime encountered a truly sad yet common fate: it started very well, had a lot of crappy episodes inbetween, and had an end that brings you to tears so you forget about what happened before.
It'll be a 6/10 for me, especially for the soundtrack and the animation (which I both found very pleasant), and for the characters development.
Dec 19, 2013 10:06 AM

Aug 2012
So in the end, the plot was rushed and a forced conclusion was shown. Not a good way to end a series.

Beyond the Boundary has its ups and downs, and at one point it seemed as though this show was irredeemable, but after the blatant filler episodes and bullshit one-dimensional characterization in the beginning, the writing did get a little better (not by much). I'm disappointed that they didn't bother building the world for us, but that would require a second cour to be effective. I'll give it:

5/10

For having superior visuals, but ultimately having weak writing, this series is mediocre at best. It's not outright garbage, but it's not something I'd consider rewatching or purchasing.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Dec 19, 2013 10:17 AM

Sep 2011
Shit show. 5/10.
Dec 19, 2013 10:25 AM

Jun 2013
NO KISS! NOT EVEN A HUG!! OMG!!!

Beautiful show it is (something i'd expect from KyoAni), but the romance between Akkey and Mirai was just... ehh I didn't feel it!

Final thoughts: confusing, forced and rushed. Great visuals and soundtrack though.

6/10.

You guys better not mess up Chu2Koi Ren next month!!!
Dec 19, 2013 11:08 AM

Feb 2011
My opinion is that the episode had a very impressive art , they probably blew most of the budget on this episode. Well , great show , to be expected from KyoAni , enjoyed it a lot.

9/10
Dec 19, 2013 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
I'm kind of confused about my feelings for this show and I guess, in a way, that's good. The ending was a bit rushed and I don't understand why she came back at the very end (maybe she's not actually there but a shadow that Akkey summoned from himself? Maybe she exists entirely as a dreamshade now?) but at the same time I only really liked the show after it stopped following the LN. The entire show was a visual feast and I liked Hiroomi and Akkey. Maybe this would have benefited from being a 2 cour show or maybe it will get a second season to expand on things.

In the end, I don't regret watching this and I would watch any new content of it in the future. I just don't feel as satisfied with it as I wanted to be.
Dec 19, 2013 11:36 AM

Sep 2007
Sooo close to being a decent ending ... until she returned ...

Dec 19, 2013 11:45 AM

Mar 2012
I wonder if people would be okay with the ending if it just showed Akihito running up the stairs and then ending it right as he opens the doors and sees the rooftop, with light covering the screen, keeping it ambiguous.
Dec 19, 2013 11:54 AM

Dec 2011
i dont know why, but i dont feel want to cry at any scene n i emotionless at this last episode -.-
this episode goes too fast n also that mirai revive with no reason? i hate ending like this. this series become like dragon ball, died revive died revive but still dragon ball have their own reason..... i give 1.5/5 on this last episode.... and 7/10 for entire series...
Dec 19, 2013 11:54 AM

Jan 2008
Esclair said:
I wonder if people would be okay with the ending if it just showed Akihito running up the stairs and then ending it right as he opens the doors and sees the rooftop, with light covering the screen, keeping it ambiguous.

I think it would still piss off people either way since it is pointing to her return.

I would've had it with him reflecting over the sacrifice and end with the line "I feel unpleasent". Bam, bittersweet ending and I would've respected the show much more for it.
Dec 19, 2013 12:31 PM

Dec 2013
That fast ending... Hoping for an adequate explanation in a possible next season
But great anime =D

8/10
Dec 19, 2013 12:41 PM

Jul 2012
Wait what... but she was dead?
Dec 19, 2013 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
Despite not understanding nor explaining how she came back I still enjoyed the episode. Only thing that really bothered me was how they only showed the sparks from Izumi and Miroku's fight, though there was plenty of it with Mirai and Akkey.

And all those Mirai smile moments. HNG.
Dec 19, 2013 1:46 PM

Jul 2011
Way to not explain shit, KyoAni. Weeeeee 5/10 overall because good animation.
Dec 19, 2013 2:30 PM

Sep 2007
Awesome action scenes, top animation, plot holes the size of Mariana trench.

Yeah, let's waste a whole episode on fanservice and dance routine practice. And half an episode on imaginary pool shenanigans. Who cares that there's like 10 episodes worth of backstory and character development. Loves saves the world! (Again.) Girl's noble sacrifice! No wait- guy's noble sacrifice! Nowai- girl's- ooops she's "dead". NOPE SHE'S NOT! Yaaaaay! Here, put these on. And there was some plot to destroy the world, I guess? And Big Sis is probably maybe not entirely human? And DRAMA? I'd probably care more about the characters if we got to know them better, but alas, we get what we get.

I'm rating this a 6 just because it's KyoAni. Seriously, Occult Academy's plot made more sense than this mess.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

195 by lordspacecat »»
Mar 10, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.